Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. (37580 Views)

Woman Divorces The Eiffel Tower After Falling In Love With A Fence (Video) / Photos: Husband Sends Wife Hilarious ‘sexts’ In Attempt To Get Her Turned On / Zimbabwean Woman Divorces Husband Because Of Too Much Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by MorataFC: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
Owl cheesy
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Goddyrichie(m): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:

McKala, a single mother from Kentucky, spent over a year believing she was exchanging romantic messages with Australian actor Dacre Montgomery, who played Billy Hargrove in Stranger Things.

The amateur actress and filmmaker was willing to do almost anything to be with him, despite never meeting him in person or even talking to him on the phone. After leaving her husband and sending him thousands of dollars in gift cards, she began to doubt the validity of their relationship and turned to the YouTube series Catfished for help.

McKala explained that she met her mysterious paramour after she separated from her 'very toxic' husband....

....and joined an online artists' forum to connect with other creatives like herself. She 'hit it off' with a stranger who hid behind his user name before claiming he was Dacre — one of her favorite actors.
'I’m suspicious from the get-go, until he starts doing things that make me believe he is who he is,' she told Catfished. The real-life Dacre has been in a relationship with his model girlfriend Liv Pollock for six years, but the person she was speaking with claimed they were unhappy.

'He was venting to me after a few months about his partner, saying she is very controlling of him. He doesn't get to do the things he wants to do. She's always there. She's always got to supervise,' she recalled. 'I kind of empathize with that because my ex-husband was that way.' After months of talking, McKala's 'Dacre' admitted to having feelings for her and asked her to be his girlfriend. 'He was like, "But you gotta keep it quiet because, you know, I'm still with Liv,"' she explained. McKala said he told her that he had broken up with Liv six months before, but they were technically still together to keep up with appearances.

McKala also shared how he sent her poems that were similar to the ones featured in the real-life actor's book of poetry, DKMH: Poems by Dacre Montgomery. These instances assuaged the doubts she had about her online relationship, and when he asked her for financial help, she came to his rescue.

Before I knew it, it was turning into $100, $200 gift cards,' she said, explaining that he would sell the gift cards for less than they were worth and pocket the money. McKala estimated that she sent him about $10,000 dollars. According to her, he needed the money because his girlfriend was controlling his finances, but the Catfished team wasn't buying it.
They found that the actor made $150,000 per episode of Stranger Things, and there wasn't any evidence that Dacre and Liv had broken up. They were often seen on the red carpet and in interviews together. Further investigation proved that the check 'Dacre' had sent to McKala was fake and matched hundreds of checks online with the same signature. The scammer even lied about the lasagna he had allegedly cooked. The image he sent her was taken from a recipe posted by Martha Stewart. McKala was heartbroken to find out she was being catfished, but she was grateful to finally know the truth about her online relationship.
'Love makes you do crazy, stupid, irrational things,' she said, admitting she was ripe for being scammed because of her past trauma.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12409699/Woman-thought-relationship-Stranger-Things-star-Dacre-Montgomery-sent-scammer-10-000-left-husband.html

celeb guys at work if u know u know boyz Dey para 😂

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Angelfrost(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Sigh... Common sense is becoming so rare these days.

Forget low self-worth... How dumb must a human be to fall for such a shockingly childish scam?

10k Dollars??! Come on!

3 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Nobleou(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2023
See her stupid pon pon face

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by HaneefahRN(f): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2023
If stupid was a person

3 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by maticar: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
She got served
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Lexusgs430: 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
Me come dey find the obokun........... 😢🤣
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Tboi4real: 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
Dem don carry this one straight winning chain boys
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Chopkiss: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
Pluto ways no dey show for map
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Chopkiss: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2023
Slowammir on the beat
Na benin boy run this one o

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Diddycsbsb: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Some of you calling her fish brain has forgotten so quick how deadly Nigeria and Ghana Yahoo boys...

This boys can sacrifice any girls pant and condom to baba to cash out by fire by force.

You dey see boys dey tear Lexus dey tear Benz you things nah ordinary phone keyboard⌨️ nah you and juju dey chat...

To any upcoming Yahoo boys, -G is real and G plus is also reall ....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by raskymonojendor: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Mumu. So the actor will fall in love with a BW in a state like Kentucky.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Dancebreaker: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Lol, It's always the man's fault.

Her man realised her gullibility and closely monitored her. But she called it controlling and toxic,

Look at her now. shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Faposky95: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
[quote author=Emmanuel909090 post=125193936]If you don't say your husband is toxic, what else can you say?

They always tag their husbands toxic and violent

...but love the strong backhand from the PIMPs
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
KingDash09:
Na the update dey hot now

If you know you know🐐🐐

grin grin grin

Living a Terrible Life full of Lies and Deception.

Yahoo boys have to constantly think of "Terrible Lies and Juju" always to Survive.

It get to a Stage they can't even do anything normal without Telling Terrible Lies.

Eventually the Terrible Lies they told always catch up with them.
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by olisaEze(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
Shebi you want to takeover a fine man from his fine babe? Men mount oo men mount! grin grin

#saynotofraud

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Originalsly: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2023
Zonefree:

Women and their fish brains undecided

So what kind brains do men have?.... since women be scamming men a whole lot more often .... and for a whole lot more.... buying luxury cars ... mansions ... etc.

@ topic .... at least she figured out something wasn't right and got to the bottom of it.
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by akinmusi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
Oyinbo and wahala
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by lionphil(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:

McKala, a single mother from Kentucky, spent over a year believing she was exchanging romantic messages with Australian actor Dacre Montgomery, who played Billy Hargrove in Stranger Things.

The amateur actress and filmmaker was willing to do almost anything to be with him, despite never meeting him in person or even talking to him on the phone. After leaving her husband and sending him thousands of dollars in gift cards, she began to doubt the validity of their relationship and turned to the YouTube series Catfished for help.

McKala explained that she met her mysterious paramour after she separated from her 'very toxic' husband....

....and joined an online artists' forum to connect with other creatives like herself. She 'hit it off' with a stranger who hid behind his user name before claiming he was Dacre — one of her favorite actors.
'I’m suspicious from the get-go, until he starts doing things that make me believe he is who he is,' she told Catfished. The real-life Dacre has been in a relationship with his model girlfriend Liv Pollock for six years, but the person she was speaking with claimed they were unhappy.

'He was venting to me after a few months about his partner, saying she is very controlling of him. He doesn't get to do the things he wants to do. She's always there. She's always got to supervise,' she recalled. 'I kind of empathize with that because my ex-husband was that way.' After months of talking, McKala's 'Dacre' admitted to having feelings for her and asked her to be his girlfriend. 'He was like, "But you gotta keep it quiet because, you know, I'm still with Liv,"' she explained. McKala said he told her that he had broken up with Liv six months before, but they were technically still together to keep up with appearances.

McKala also shared how he sent her poems that were similar to the ones featured in the real-life actor's book of poetry, DKMH: Poems by Dacre Montgomery. These instances assuaged the doubts she had about her online relationship, and when he asked her for financial help, she came to his rescue.

Before I knew it, it was turning into $100, $200 gift cards,' she said, explaining that he would sell the gift cards for less than they were worth and pocket the money. McKala estimated that she sent him about $10,000 dollars. According to her, he needed the money because his girlfriend was controlling his finances, but the Catfished team wasn't buying it.
They found that the actor made $150,000 per episode of Stranger Things, and there wasn't any evidence that Dacre and Liv had broken up. They were often seen on the red carpet and in interviews together. Further investigation proved that the check 'Dacre' had sent to McKala was fake and matched hundreds of checks online with the same signature. The scammer even lied about the lasagna he had allegedly cooked. The image he sent her was taken from a recipe posted by Martha Stewart. McKala was heartbroken to find out she was being catfished, but she was grateful to finally know the truth about her online relationship.
'Love makes you do crazy, stupid, irrational things,' she said, admitting she was ripe for being scammed because of her past trauma.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12409699/Woman-thought-relationship-Stranger-Things-star-Dacre-Montgomery-sent-scammer-10-000-left-husband.html

see the orobo that wants to compete with the lepa girlfriend... just imagine
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by GloriousGbola: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
The success of scams lies in the fact that the mark wants to believe.

This lady who is clearly not hot somehow believed that a b list celebrity was in love with her and needed money from her?

At a point you are just lying to yourself to keep up the fantasy and deny the obvious reality.
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Panda7(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
Americans are like west Germans
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Obakoolex(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Fish dull Brain
Your brain dull pass for quoting the whole write up

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Hydroxide(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
She for name the online Artistes forum make I check something

1 Like

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Edusouls(m): 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2023
Chai so a very successful actor earning 150,000doors per episode, would be asking for financial help of 100 to 200 doors gift cards? And u no suspect, once a woman is without a man she starts to deteriorate mentally, physically and physiologically…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by attat(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
I wish tinubu is ur president, UnA for get sense. Senseless white idiots
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Nwaotu10(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
That means Yahoo still dey pay ?? grin
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by frankmoney(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
Is that not Billy from stranger things
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by olayiwola72(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
Igbo Kwenu I trust you guys grin grin
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by frugal(m): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:
Very irritating gender.😠

Let us do some digging here. Why did she seperate from her husband? Because according to her, he was very toxic. How was he toxic?

1. He was very controlling of her
2. He wouldn't allow her do the things she wants to do.
3. He was always there and supervised whatever she was doing.

For her to fall so stupidly to a scammer online shows that she's obviously not a smart person. Her husband probably noticed this missing trait of intelligence in her and that was why he had to control and supervise whatever she was doing but she viewed his actions as "toxic". 😕

Like I said, very irritating gender.

I'm not agreeing with you, but I can relate to the bolded section. You're with someone you love so much, but you find they're always making very stupid decisions. Now you're in a dilemma. Do you walk away, ignore or step in to help? Stepping in to help everytime would turn you into a 'toxic' person because now it feels like you're constantly complaining about the very stupid things they do and trying to control their life choices. It's crazy!

The misogynistic part of your post wasn't needed tho.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Tonitoniton(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:
Very irritating gender.😠

Let us do some digging here. Why did she seperate from her husband? Because according to her, he was very toxic. How was he toxic?

For her to fall so stupidly to a scammer online shows that she's obviously not a smart person. Her husband probably noticed this missing trait of intelligence in her and that was why he had to control and supervise whatever she was doing but she viewed his actions as "toxic". 😕

Very irritating
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by correctguy101(m): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:
Very irritating gender.😠

You too dey vex.

Calm down.
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Owochogod: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
Benin Boy's at work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Ways To Break Up Before Valentine Day / The Logic Of "Main Chick" And "Side Chicks" / Can A Man Be Too Big For A Small Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.