Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. (37574 Views)

Woman Divorces The Eiffel Tower After Falling In Love With A Fence (Video) / Photos: Husband Sends Wife Hilarious ‘sexts’ In Attempt To Get Her Turned On / Zimbabwean Woman Divorces Husband Because Of Too Much Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by SarcasticWords: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2023

McKala, a single mother from Kentucky, spent over a year believing she was exchanging romantic messages with Australian actor Dacre Montgomery, who played Billy Hargrove in Stranger Things.

The amateur actress and filmmaker was willing to do almost anything to be with him, despite never meeting him in person or even talking to him on the phone. After leaving her husband and sending him thousands of dollars in gift cards, she began to doubt the validity of their relationship and turned to the YouTube series Catfished for help.

McKala explained that she met her mysterious paramour after she separated from her 'very toxic' husband....

....and joined an online artists' forum to connect with other creatives like herself. She 'hit it off' with a stranger who hid behind his user name before claiming he was Dacre — one of her favorite actors.
'I’m suspicious from the get-go, until he starts doing things that make me believe he is who he is,' she told Catfished. The real-life Dacre has been in a relationship with his model girlfriend Liv Pollock for six years, but the person she was speaking with claimed they were unhappy.

'He was venting to me after a few months about his partner, saying she is very controlling of him. He doesn't get to do the things he wants to do. She's always there. She's always got to supervise,' she recalled. 'I kind of empathize with that because my ex-husband was that way.' After months of talking, McKala's 'Dacre' admitted to having feelings for her and asked her to be his girlfriend. 'He was like, "But you gotta keep it quiet because, you know, I'm still with Liv,"' she explained. McKala said he told her that he had broken up with Liv six months before, but they were technically still together to keep up with appearances.

McKala also shared how he sent her poems that were similar to the ones featured in the real-life actor's book of poetry, DKMH: Poems by Dacre Montgomery. These instances assuaged the doubts she had about her online relationship, and when he asked her for financial help, she came to his rescue.

Before I knew it, it was turning into $100, $200 gift cards,' she said, explaining that he would sell the gift cards for less than they were worth and pocket the money. McKala estimated that she sent him about $10,000 dollars. According to her, he needed the money because his girlfriend was controlling his finances, but the Catfished team wasn't buying it.
They found that the actor made $150,000 per episode of Stranger Things, and there wasn't any evidence that Dacre and Liv had broken up. They were often seen on the red carpet and in interviews together. Further investigation proved that the check 'Dacre' had sent to McKala was fake and matched hundreds of checks online with the same signature. The scammer even lied about the lasagna he had allegedly cooked. The image he sent her was taken from a recipe posted by Martha Stewart. McKala was heartbroken to find out she was being catfished, but she was grateful to finally know the truth about her online relationship.
'Love makes you do crazy, stupid, irrational things,' she said, admitting she was ripe for being scammed because of her past trauma.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12409699/Woman-thought-relationship-Stranger-Things-star-Dacre-Montgomery-sent-scammer-10-000-left-husband.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by SarcasticWords: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2023
Very irritating gender.😠

Let us do some digging here. Why did she seperate from her husband? Because according to her, he was very toxic. How was he toxic?

1. He was very controlling of her
2. He wouldn't allow her do the things she wants to do.
3. He was always there and supervised whatever she was doing.

For her to fall so stupidly to a scammer online shows that she's obviously not a smart person. Her husband probably noticed this missing trait of intelligence in her and that was why he had to control and supervise whatever she was doing but she viewed his actions as "toxic". 😕

Like I said, very irritating gender.

279 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Zonefree(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2023
Women and their fish brains undecided

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by nans24: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2023
She see fyn boi quick quick she decided to divorce her "toxic" husband. am sure if her husband had asked her to give him $10 she would nag him to death and make him feel miserable for asking money from woman. what sin did man commit that made God decide to create this gender as his punishment and bane of his existence? I am beginning to notice a reoccurring pattern of sad events and scenarios that occur in the lives of men who did not win the genetic lottery. Normally, when dealing with women one has to be careful but If you are a guy and you know you are not physically attractive be very extremely careful how you deal with women.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by BigYash: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Zonefree:
Women and their fish brains undecided

Even naija here,under aged girls dey use toto scam old men and young guys,and the men go rent hux for them,buy car,take care of her ancestral poverty issues.. Bros pray make you no fall in love o,you go turn mumu ,dey act abnormal o.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by KingDash09(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
Na the update dey hot now

If you know you know🐐🐐

22 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by bolabizzle(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2023
Before I knew it, it was turning into $100, $200 gift cards,' she said, explaining that he would sell the gift cards for less than they were worth and pocket the money. McKala estimated that she sent him about $10,000 dollars.

Yahoo boys after reading the above sentence

Meanwhile, I am still looking for a woman that does not have an inverted brain and has the ability to reason logically. wish me luck.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by crossfm: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hehehe.

She thinks she is doing her husband,she didn't know she was doing her self grin.

She want fresh celebrity to herself grin.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by whytediamond(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by MorolayoVictor(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
Lol
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by jeeqaa7(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
Benin strong

12 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by AImiron: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
Pablo somewhere in Lekki rn, drinking Azul with his squad.

#Say-no-to-fraud.

52 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Jokerman(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Lol...😩🤣

Fish brain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by ecolime(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Original mumu

Her type is the reason people like Slawomir wake up all night.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Mitsurugi(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
We've now seen the reason her "toxic" husband was "controlling" because if left alone McKala is prone to doing stupid things angry

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Hassanmaye(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:

McKala, a single mother from Kentucky, spent over a year believing she was exchanging romantic messages with Australian actor Dacre Montgomery, who played Billy Hargrove in Stranger Things.

The amateur actress and filmmaker was willing to do almost anything to be with him, despite never meeting him in person or even talking to him on the phone. After leaving her husband and sending him thousands of dollars in gift cards, she began to doubt the validity of their relationship and turned to the YouTube series Catfished for help.

McKala explained that she met her mysterious paramour after she separated from her 'very toxic' husband....

....and joined an online artists' forum to connect with other creatives like herself. She 'hit it off' with a stranger who hid behind his user name before claiming he was Dacre — one of her favorite actors.
'I’m suspicious from the get-go, until he starts doing things that make me believe he is who he is,' she told Catfished. The real-life Dacre has been in a relationship with his model girlfriend Liv Pollock for six years, but the person she was speaking with claimed they were unhappy.

'He was venting to me after a few months about his partner, saying she is very controlling of him. He doesn't get to do the things he wants to do. She's always there. She's always got to supervise,' she recalled. 'I kind of empathize with that because my ex-husband was that way.' After months of talking, McKala's 'Dacre' admitted to having feelings for her and asked her to be his girlfriend. 'He was like, "But you gotta keep it quiet because, you know, I'm still with Liv,"' she explained. McKala said he told her that he had broken up with Liv six months before, but they were technically still together to keep up with appearances.

McKala also shared how he sent her poems that were similar to the ones featured in the real-life actor's book of poetry, DKMH: Poems by Dacre Montgomery. These instances assuaged the doubts she had about her online relationship, and when he asked her for financial help, she came to his rescue.

Before I knew it, it was turning into $100, $200 gift cards,' she said, explaining that he would sell the gift cards for less than they were worth and pocket the money. McKala estimated that she sent him about $10,000 dollars. According to her, he needed the money because his girlfriend was controlling his finances, but the Catfished team wasn't buying it.
They found that the actor made $150,000 per episode of Stranger Things, and there wasn't any evidence that Dacre and Liv had broken up. They were often seen on the red carpet and in interviews together. Further investigation proved that the check 'Dacre' had sent to McKala was fake and matched hundreds of checks online with the same signature. The scammer even lied about the lasagna he had allegedly cooked. The image he sent her was taken from a recipe posted by Martha Stewart. McKala was heartbroken to find out she was being catfished, but she was grateful to finally know the truth about her online relationship.
'Love makes you do crazy, stupid, irrational things,' she said, admitting she was ripe for being scammed because of her past trauma.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12409699/Woman-thought-relationship-Stranger-Things-star-Dacre-Montgomery-sent-scammer-10-000-left-husband.html

Fish dull Brain

8 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Rahkman: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Evian pass evian,pluto dey very active men mount

8 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Onefornaija24: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Women are easy to deceive

Yet they will never agree.

DO Jiji ADS WORK for gadgets like phones and laptops?

Is the VIP advert package worth paying for on Jiji?

15 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Cyphar(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Dem don nack this one street 😪

Abeg make person help me..
Hunger wan finish me here

12 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Triangles1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
There's no love from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Omoawoke: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2023
Well deserved

Man 3 vs Woman 1
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by GanagiBitrus: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
Abeg I no get time to read epistle over Husband & Wife matter.

13 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by bigdammyj: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
Noted.
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by wittywriter: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
Catfish brain...

Wittyness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by advanceDNA: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
He deceived me......men are scum.....
Oh shut up girl....u want to be deceieved....in fact....u desperately desire to be deceived....

An Actor in a very successful movie needs to sell 100$ gift card to chop? And u believe..??

Dem suppose use pin burst all the fat wey dey ur cheeks...mayb some of ur stupidiťy go leak off

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by harmargedon: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
kiss
Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Emmanuel909090: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
If you don't say your husband is toxic, what else can you say?

They always buy pity with tagging their husbands toxic and violent

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Omoawoke: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
SarcasticWords:
Very irritating gender.😠

Let us do some digging here. Why did she seperate from her husband? Because according to her, he was very toxic. How was he toxic?

1. He was very controlling of her
2. He wouldn't allow her do the things she wants to do.
3. He was always there and supervised whatever she was doing.

For her to fall so stupidly to a scammer online shows that she's obviously not a smart person. Her husband probably noticed this missing trait of intelligence in her and that was why he had to control and supervise whatever she was doing but she viewed his actions as "toxic". 😕

Like I said, very irritating gender.

You have said it all, her husband noticed she is not intelligent and can’t make rational decisions

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
She go explain tire no evidence 😂 😂

6 Likes

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by donpata(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
I mean no body shaming but why is it almost always, the fat ones?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Scam : Woman Divorces Her Husband, Sends $10,000 To Scammer. by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
GBagaun 🔔
U wan replace LIV, now u live the rest of ur life to regret cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Marry Or Date A Person Who Eats Snakes? / 24 Year Old Man & His 80 Year Old Lover Are Trending On Social Media (pics/vid) / These Phrases Are Liable To Make Some Ladies Really Mad At You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.