Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers (31306 Views)

How To Brood Poultry Chicks In Nigeria / Gas Brooder Can Brood 1000 Birds For Sale 07062828943 / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by asphil(m): 5:40am On Sep 13, 2023
[quote author=BoldBrainz post=125730722]

BoldBrainz. Thank you for your selfless contribution which is very Educative and revealing especially to some of us that have no knowledge about rearing broiler but really get interest.
Please how do you deworm a bird esp broiler?
What would you say about Lasota Vaccine? Is it ok to administer it to birds?
If yes, when and how do you administer it?
Is antibiotic given to birds?
If yes, at what stage, name of the antibiotics and how should it be administer?
What does Coccifor to birds rearing?
Thank you as I await your response
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2023
thank u sir the broilers are 6 weeks old now the average weight is 2.7kg hope is good? @boldbrainz
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2023
Esomchi77:
thank u sir
the broilers are 6 weeks old now
the average weight is 2.7kg
hope is good? @boldbrainz

That's quite fine.

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2023
[quote author=asphil post=125758846][/quote]

I apologise for my inability to have responded earlier. The last few days have been quite demanding. If you mail me, I'll give appropriate responses to all questions you may have.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by asphil(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
[quote author=BoldBrainz post=125888755]

Thank you for your replied
I tried sending you a mail but is like am not getting it done rightly
Can you please reach me on my email
asmenok28@gmail.com
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
[quote author=asphil post=125915069][/quote]

Will do bro.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by ligopedro: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Will do bro.
Good evening bro, please is there any problem if i skip broiler feed for a night. They're already 2weeks old today.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
ligopedro:

Good evening bro, please is there any problem if i skip broiler feed for a night. They're already 2weeks old today.

There's no problem. Not every farmer feeds his stock through the night anyway.

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by naijanaso: 6:12am On Sep 23, 2023
coldzobo:
Update :
Its been 5 days since the last time I updated this thread. Honestly, that was due to a lot of comments that pissed me off.

But then again, i didn't opened this thread for people with negative energy to come shut it down. Like i stated earlier, its might serve as a reference for me in the future.

Im grateful to those that have contributed immensely from their wealth of knowledge to this thread.

Well the process of rearing has been the same.

We give them food and water as at when due.

The drug we currently put in their water is multivitamin.

We gave them lasota vaccine last week friday(they turned 2 weeks)...same process as the first vaccine.

They are getting bigger every day. Their comb( i dont know the actual name for it but I hope you get me) is getting very red too.

Negative comments shouldn't deter you naa. Those are views of people though their choice of words may not sync with your style. Filter the comments you need and move ahead. Without the negative comments, then you are doing nothing bro.
Meanwhile, you stopped posting pictures. The pictures make it more interesting
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Solababa91(m): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

There's no problem. Not every farmer feeds his stock through the night anyway.
I've been following your comments here Sir. Can I reach you personally? I've sent you a mail.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Eleeesi(m): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
You are doing a good job. Sincerely this is practical not theory. I appreciate you. I will like to practically try and follow it step by step.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Charleschukwudi: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I apologise for my inability to have responded earlier. The last few days have been quite demanding. If you mail me, I'll give appropriate responses to all questions you may have.

Ok
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Charleschukwudi: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Please resend your email thanks
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Ultima is not a fine feed for day old brooding. Chikun works better. Has more nutrients for muscle mass and bone activity. Ultima serves on the same level as Vital feed.
This is funny. I hope you know that the same coy makes both Chikun and Ultima and Ultima is the professional (superior quality) version of their regular (Chikun) feed.

I normally use Ultima super starter to start my broilers and later switch to Chikun finisher after 3 weeks just to save cost. I get amazing results.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2023
zhirkovrado:
My chicks are from Olam(Chikum) and their feeds also Chikum. Still less than two weeks old but bigger than your above chicks. I'm not capping, just an update I'm not trying to advertise any company but try Olam(Chikum) products next time and the results will speak for you. Also feeds are really costly now so try going for the quantity of chicks you can afford to feed at a time to avoid stories that touches the heart.
I think the guy is under feeding his birds.

The guy used a better feed than you. Ultima that he is using is the professional version of Chikun that you used. Both of them are from the same coy Olam. If you use Ultima, you'll get better results.

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Properly raised broilers should be ready for sale from exactly 8 weeks, that's about 2 months. If over 60percent of your 200 broilers do not weigh 2.8kg upwards at week 8, then your practices were wrong. No commercial poultry farmer keeps broilers for more than 10 weeks, not to talk of 3 months.
I typically get 60 percent of my broilers at 2.5kg at 6 weeks while some have already clocked 2.8 to 3kg. I sell at 6 weeks. I've even sold at 5 weeks before (some were 2.5kg and most others had crossed 2kg).
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Brooding lasts between 7 to 10 days. Once the first vaccination is done, chics can be relocated to the permanent pen.
I think 7 to 10 days will depend on the location and weather condition of the location at the time/season. In my area you'll need to brood for minimum of 14 days during the dry season and 21 days during the rainy season. The chicks may only need heat during the night in the last 7 days of the rainy season.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

You won't regret. I used it for Zartech, I met a farmer, he said he is of the opinion that New Hope should go into partnership with Zartech, he used the feed for AA+ , no real difference with others, when he used it for Cobb500 and Agrited Ross, it was as if something was inflating them daily.
New Hope gives me 2.5kg above in 6wks with less than 1% mortality rate.
I get about the same result with Ultima. I think this guy was seriously underfeeding his birds.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'm quite impressed with this feedback. I'll probably have to re-evaluate my options in my next breeding circle.
You used a good feed but I think you underfed your birds. Ultima is what I use and I also get very good results. I don't have access to New hope in my area I would have tried it and compared the results.

I get 2.5kg and above on the average with some birds even clocking 3kg at 6 weeks.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2023
Splendblex:

Wow, we were made to believe Ultima feed is the best. I have 47 4weeks old now and I have been using Ultima, it's more expensive sef.
Please more advise sir, thank you.
Read my earlier comments. Ultima is good. Its the best readily available option I have in my area. The other option that is available occasionally is too expensive and gives about the same results with Ultima. Only problem I have with Ultima is that their feed doesn't have long shelf live.

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2023
RichieMichie:

It's not the cold, you got Agrited bird, and their birds usually come down with crd around 3-5 days of age. Their doctor said it's because of the ND-IB vaccines they spray them with in the Hatchery
If factories vaccinate against with ND-IB, why do farmers vaccinate against new castle and Infectious bronchitis again?
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
Esomchi77:
At what week will they start eating the finisher feed?@boldbrainz
It should mostly depend on how long you want to raise them. Considering that people usually raise broilers for 6 weeks to 8 weeks, halfway should be starter and the remaining half should be finisher. So for 6 weeks, finisher should start after week 3. If its for 8 weeks the finisher should start after week 4.
If you are using super starter that is too rich in protein, then you may want to switch to ordinary starter or one that is not too rich after 2 weeks to avoid liver problems.

Modified: If going for 3 months (x-mas chicken) then 1 month starter, 1 one month grower and finally 1 month finisher.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 9:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't lose your entire stock.😂.

Never heard that anyone bred day old chics without the requisite vaccination chart. Anyhoo, I can always be available via mail to help in any ways I can.
Even though I'm not a very consistent broiler farmer I've never used vaccines. I've often had average of 10% losses or less which I attribute mostly to journey stress and in a case I had more than 20% loss was due to management issues. But on one instance I had only 2 losses that were not related to disease. 1 stepped on mistakenly while weighing at about 2 weeks and another one at 5 weeks due to heat stress.

I've mostly been doing organic broilers though I'd used antibiotics for my first 2 batches.

I do belief that my loses would be far less or none if there were hatcheries to buy from in my state or nearby so that the birds don't go through too much stress before getting to me.

The only batch that I had no mortality in the 1st 2 weeks was received as early as 9am the next day (1st time ever) while the other batches are often received from 11am to sometimes as late as 2pm the next day. One batch was received 2 days after (worst experience with so many dead on arrival).

Note: Success of organic broilers relies on prevention which depends on a few major factors like biosecurity, hygiene and low stress.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
Esomchi77:
thank u sir
the broilers are 6 weeks old now
the average weight is 2.7kg
hope is good? @boldbrainz
Good Job
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by RichieMichie: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2023
safarifarms:

If factories vaccinate against with ND-IB, why do farmers vaccinate against new castle and Infectious bronchitis again?
Only Agrited I know vaccinate against ND-IB, others don't.
Also, you'd need at least 2 vaccinations to confer full immunity (that's if the vaccination were successful)
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Tijani009: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2023
RichieMichie:

Also, you'd need at least 2 vaccinations to confer full immunity (that's if the vaccination were successful)
What about marketing of the birds, how do i go about that one please someone educate me
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2023
RichieMichie:

OK. Thanks for the info.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by safarifarms(m): 10:35am On Dec 09, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) / Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis / Does Apple Grow In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.