Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,391 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers (31307 Views)

How To Brood Poultry Chicks In Nigeria / Gas Brooder Can Brood 1000 Birds For Sale 07062828943 / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Xkale1996(m): 3:36am On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Same reason you put socks on the feet and mittens on the hands of babies. Prevent them from cold and germs.
thanks so much
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by peacealways: 4:58am On Aug 31, 2023
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Blitzking: 5:37am On Aug 31, 2023
limitless777:

Guy stop deceiving people here abeg.
200 day old chicks for 74k?
HABA!!!

A chic as at last week was N250. The highest in three months. Three weeks and back a chick was just N200.

Na wah O. πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
its up to you to buy..mind you day old chicken is different from day old chicken.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by GorillaApp(m): 6:00am On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:
- Putting feed on the bare litter material for day old chics to "snack" on was and is a poultry practice that defies logic. If those birds were not properly vaccinated from the hatchery, you'd have had more deaths for that very mistake.

- Tray feeders are no longer advisable for brooding. The idea of chics stooling in their feed and pecking in it, is partly responsible for early coccidiosis. There are modified chic feeders that are price friendly.

- Even if electricity cannot be afforded, kerosene lamps are bad for chics. They're very contributory to Chronic respiratory disease. Small solar lights are serving that purpose now.

- You're wasting medications with the amount of water you're using for your brooding. One drinker of water is enough to meet any round of watering for all 200 chics. A tablespoon of medicine in a drinker, stirred, then shared into other drinkers can serve the purpose, since the water gets replaced three times daily.

- Your vaccination process is a bit worrisome, especially looking at that black container you're mixing it in, which is the same you use to wash drinkers. You're setting yourself up for fowl typhoid, and believe me, that's one illness that 80percent of inorganic veterinary medicines cannot treat.

- Agreeably, heat is important to regulate their temperature, but be certain to properly ventilate that brooding pen whenever the sun starts to come up. Circulation of that "smokey" heat not only causes CRD, but hampers proper growth.
The law and process for this thing too much. I can't keep up πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by MOORCHMOORE(m): 6:15am On Aug 31, 2023
I love farming
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Pedyson: 6:55am On Aug 31, 2023
Following πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by adeoba2008(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2023
coldzobo:

Consumable size in six weeks ? That is not proper. Brooding alone is 3-4 weeks

I do sell mine is 6weeks to Frozen food sellers..Can you imagine the bags of food they would have consumed in 4 months?

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 7:35am On Aug 31, 2023
GorillaApp:

The law and process for this thing too much. I can't keep up πŸ˜‚

Lol.
It's not that hectic. You can keep up, quite easily even. All it takes is one breeding circle and you'll get the hang of it, so long you pay attention and are committed to it.

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 7:43am On Aug 31, 2023
limitless777:

Guy stop deceiving people here abeg.
200 day old chicks for 74k?
HABA!!!

A chic as at last week was N250. The highest in three months. Three weeks and back a chick was just N200.

Na wah O. πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I deliberately ignored that part of his write-up. That guy has passion for the poultry lifestyle and it's admirable. But this his thread is rife with so much falsehood and inaccurate data.

By his submission, if he bought 4 cartons of Agrited chics at 74K, then each carton cost him 18,500 naira. Even if his home is just outside the Agrited hatchery in Ibadan, it is realistically impossible for him to have gotten their chics at that price. The last time Agrited sold between 17K and 19K was sometime in December 2021.

So he either has to tell us what magic he used to buy 4 cartons of day old Agriteds at 74K, or be honest enough to stop deceiving the public with falsified figures.

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2023
Hallams:
Boss, Can you recommend the best drugs for CRD? I occasionally have issues with it in some of my productions

I honestly won't be able to respond to this in here. If you can find a way to contact me, I'll be able to give you a more detailed guide as to how to handle CRD in the various broiler growth stages.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by GorillaApp(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Lol.
It's not that hectic. You can keep up, quite easily even. All it takes is one breeding circle and you'll get the hang of it, so long you pay attention and are committed to it.
Na the committment be the problem. I'm not a stickler of routine processes.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2023
GorillaApp:

Na the committment be the problem. I'm not a stickler of routine processes.

No offence, what's your stock in trade?
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by coldzobo: 8:40am On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I deliberately ignored that part of his write-up. That guy has passion for the poultry lifestyle and it's admirable. But this his thread is rife with so much falsehood and inaccurate data.

By his submission, if he bought 4 cartons of Agrited chics at 74K, then each carton cost him 18,500 naira. Even if his home is just outside the Agrited hatchery in Ibadan, it is realistically impossible for him to have gotten their chics at that price. The last time Agrited sold between 17K and 19K was sometime in December 2021.

So he either has to tell us what magic he used to buy 4 cartons of day old Agriteds at 74K, or be honest enough to stop deceiving the public with falsified figures.
Lol. He is implying that i inflated the cost. You are saying it should cost more than that grin

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Sheffieldconsul: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2023
Good job
[qguote author=coldzobo post=125209387]Day 1

When the birds arrived, we put the newspapers on the floor and gave them glucose water -for strength- to drink.

After about 10 minutes, we threw some feed on the floor for them to snack on.

10 minutes later, we put food in their feeder and gave them to eat.

In the night we heated their house with charcoal and lighted it up with the kerosene lamps...till day break. (Their house hasn't been wired yet).

Note: the charcoal pit in the pic below is not the one that was bought for 1500[/quote]
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by tunde1200(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2023
Very educative op
Thank you
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by MrBONE2(m): 9:42am On Aug 31, 2023
grin
bluefilm:
Man's inhumanity to powerless and defenseless animals.

Imagine being raised so that you will be eaten at the end of it all?

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Samuels90: 10:27am On Aug 31, 2023
Interesting and informative.
Thank you
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by OlujobaSamuel: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Never heard of the New Hope feed before, but I'll research on it and probably use it subsequently, if it's up to standard.
You won't regret. I used it for Zartech, I met a farmer, he said he is of the opinion that New Hope should go into partnership with Zartech, he used the feed for AA+ , no real difference with others, when he used it for Cobb500 and Agrited Ross, it was as if something was inflating them daily.
New Hope gives me 2.5kg above in 6wks with less than 1% mortality rate.

3 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by OlujobaSamuel: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Lol, Agrited sold 170 sef this August. July ending towards August, hatchery no see market, prices fell to all time low in 2/3yrs.
I bought twice within that period. Bought 120 and 150 at Zartech. If not that Xmas is far, I for even buy festive season stock, but I no get muscle for feeding for such a long period
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

You won't regret. I used it for Zartech, I met a farmer, he said he is of the opinion that New Hope should go into partnership with Zartech, he used the feed for AA+ , no real difference with others, when he used it for Cobb500 and Agrited Ross, it was as if something was inflating them daily.
New Hope gives me 2.5kg above in 6wks with less than 1% mortality rate.

I'm quite impressed with this feedback. I'll probably have to re-evaluate my options in my next breeding circle.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by GYBABA(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2023
Been a while since I came across a page like this. It's really interesting. Keep up the work. I hope I can venture into this in the future sha

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by GYBABA(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2023
bluefilm:

Abeg commot for here if you don't have any reasonable thing to say. Bad belle someone. If you no chop then no chop, dem no force you. Laslas you go be hypocrite. You must have eaten chicken too ooo, you come dey form for here

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by leksymaxy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
papilo90:

Op Weldone. You and your mum are doing a great job. However I implore you to open to criticisms and corrections. Your mum might have been doing this before you were born, but it doesn’t mean what she’s doing is the best practice.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
sir,I am in Ibadan and will like to take from your knowledge, sir kindly hi me on WhatsApp o913three six644eight8 or you can drop your digit so I can call you,thank you sir
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by revived2: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
bluefilm:

Imagine you're living only to die at the end of it all
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by SuaveVic(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
HRHKingOliver:
I need a poultry farmer that can be supplying broilers around Enugu. Hit me up with your WhatsApp/phone number.
hello, are you still interested in broilers around enugu? i am a broiler farmer in Enugu ngwo, enugu state. my whatsapp is <09167104568>
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Splendblex(f): 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Agrited chics are way better than Olam. If you're having good sizes, it's all down to your feeding commitment and level of attention. Chikun makes good feed, but they don't hatch quality chics.

Wow, we were made to believe Ultima feed is the best. I have 47 4weeks old now and I have been using Ultima, it's more expensive sef.
Please more advise sir, thank you.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Karo1212: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
How many set of chick are in one cartoon......
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Splendblex(f): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2023
Karo1212:
How many set of chick are in one cartoon......
50 chicks
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
Splendblex:

Wow, we were made to believe Ultima feed is the best. I have 47 4weeks old now and I have been using Ultima, it's more expensive sef.
Please more advise sir, thank you.

At 4 weeks, your birds should be eating the finisher mash. After your next vaccination, you can change their feed to Chikun, and give them multivitamins in their afternoon water rations to boost appetite. But with the introduction of the routine vitamins, you may need to provide light so they can eat at nights too.

Also, and quite significantly, endeavour to elevate their feeders and drinkers. Birds at 4 weeks shouldn't have to be stooping to feed. It's even more appropriate if they have to stand erect and stretch their necks a bit to peck at food and drink water. It contributes to growth and bones strength.

One of the major reasons you find broilers at 2 months looking "roundish", not moving much and lacking height, is that singular mistake of letting them bend to feed cause you left their feeders and drinkers on the floor. When that happens, you'll have a lot of them with "knocked knees" or "K-legs"..πŸ˜‚. Others just end up sitting down to feed and that makes them lazy and quite inactive.

7 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
revived2:

Imagine you're living only to die at the end of it all

Sounds like you're describing the human life circle.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Splendblex(f): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

At 4 weeks, your birds should be eating the finisher mash. After your next vaccination, you can change their feed to Chikun, and give them multivitamins in their afternoon water rations to boost appetite. But with the introduction of the routine vitamins, you may need to provide light so they can eat at nights too.

Also, and quite significantly, endeavour to elevate their feeders and drinkers. Birds at 4 weeks shouldn't have to be stooping to feed. It's even more appropriate if they have to stand erect and stretch their necks a bit to peck at food and drink water. It contributes to growth and bones strength.

One of the major reasons you find broilers at 2 months looking "roundish", not moving much and lacking height, is that singular mistake of letting them bend to feed cause you left their feeders and drinkers on the floor. When that happens, you'll have a lot of them with "knocked knees" or "K-legs"..πŸ˜‚. Others just end up sitting down to feed and that makes them lazy and quite inactive.
Thank you so much, no be small thing I learnπŸ™

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) / Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis / Does Apple Grow In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.