Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers (31302 Views)

How To Brood Poultry Chicks In Nigeria / Gas Brooder Can Brood 1000 Birds For Sale 07062828943 / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

At 4 weeks, your birds should be eating the finisher mash. After your next vaccination, you can change their feed to Chikun, and give them multivitamins in their afternoon water rations to boost appetite. But with the introduction of the routine vitamins, you may need to provide light so they can eat at nights too.

Also, and quite significantly, endeavour to elevate their feeders and drinkers. Birds at 4 weeks shouldn't have to be stooping to feed. It's even more appropriate if they have to stand erect and stretch their necks a bit to peck at food and drink water. It contributes to growth and bones strength.

One of the major reasons you find broilers at 2 months looking "roundish", not moving much and lacking height, is that singular mistake of letting them bend to feed cause you left their feeders and drinkers on the floor. When that happens, you'll have a lot of them with "knocked knees" or "K-legs"..😂. Others just end up sitting down to feed and that makes them lazy and quite inactive.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by masqot(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
You’re doing great 👍
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2023
nice one
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
boss, I want to learn more from u, I am an IT students doing my IT in a big farm , I am currently brooding 180 birds
I am a 400L student of FUTMINNA studying animal science
@Boldbrainz & coldzobo
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2023
Esomchi77:
boss, I want to learn more from u, I am an IT students doing my IT in a big farm , I am currently brooding 180 birds
I am a 400L student of FUTMINNA studying animal science
@Boldbrainz & coldzobo

Mail me bro.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by LivingTribunal: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2023
Blitzking:
its up to you to buy..mind you day old chicken is different from day old chicken.
I don't get it please can you explain this
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by LivingTribunal: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

One of the major reasons you find broilers at 2 months looking "roundish", not moving much and lacking height, is that singular mistake of letting them bend to feed cause you left their feeders and drinkers on the floor. When that happens, you'll have a lot of them with "knocked knees" or "K-legs"..😂. Others just end up sitting down to feed and that makes them lazy and quite inactive.
You are much experienced in poultry farming, good to have you here prof 👌

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Blitzking: 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
LivingTribunal:

I don't get it please can you explain this
some are stronger than others
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by asphil(m): 4:45am On Sep 04, 2023
Op, BoldBrainz please don't let this thread die, we are actually learning a lot from the Op and the contributors especially BoldBrainz and others. You guys should please keep this thread alive

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by RichieMichie: 6:10am On Sep 04, 2023
coldzobo:

We give them ultima feed
Yeah. My mum thinks its the bolded

It's not the cold, you got Agrited bird, and their birds usually come down with crd around 3-5 days of age. Their doctor said it's because of the ND-IB vaccines they spray them with in the Hatchery
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by RichieMichie: 6:24am On Sep 04, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Well done op.
However, something is wrong with the birds having cough at that early stage, and I don't think your handling of it is poor, so I'm not sure it's from your handling.
Checking the birds and the carton, I doubt it's from Agrited. Kindly check the seal by the carton side if it's intact, also, Agrited normally dye their birds, so you can easily confirm if the color you got tally with the date, your birds do not looked dyed, so I doubt the source.
Btw, next time, don't insist on a product except you want to go to the hatchery yourself for such product, don't trust any agent. Just request for prices of different product and make your decision from there, if you prefer Agrited, call them to request for the agent or rep in your state.
I don't know your state, but considering the weather, 2½ bag of charcoal is a little much, try save cost, the temperature from day 1 is around 36⁰ then it reduces gradually. I used 1bag for for 3cycles(200, 100, 100) here in Lagos.
The tylo you are giving them, kindly stop it so they don't build resistance against it, give them a lighter drug, so if they should fall sick tomorrow, you can easily use it and they will respond.
Tylo and Amoxicol are little too strong for baby birds.
You can get doxycycline and administer only prevention dose for them, it will treat them, no need to use treatment dose, as that's a double dose which might be too strong.
Well done once again, dey no go die, and you go live to eat your reward.
Regards to Mama. God bless all mothers.

The only agrited birds that I have gotten and are colored are their Cockerel. I have been picking up birds directly from their hatchery for over a year now.
Secondly, the CRD is caused by the vaccination done at the Hatchery.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by OlujobaSamuel: 6:41am On Sep 04, 2023
RichieMichie:

The only agrited birds that I have bought that are colored are their Cockerel. I have been picking up birds directly from their hatchery for over a year now.
Secondly, the CRD is caused by the vaccination done at the Hatchery.
That means they stopped it. Good you have first hand knowledge. The op can reach out to you to learn more on the product
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by coldzobo: 7:19am On Sep 04, 2023
RichieMichie:

It's not the cold, you got Agrited bird, and their birds usually come down with crd around 3-5 days of age. Their doctor said it's because of the ND-IB vaccines they spray them with in the Hatchery
Hmm, Just as my mum suspected. Thanks for the info. What specie do you recommend ?
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by coldzobo: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2023
Update :
Its been 5 days since the last time I updated this thread. Honestly, that was due to a lot of comments that pissed me off.

But then again, i didn't opened this thread for people with negative energy to come shut it down. Like i stated earlier, its might serve as a reference for me in the future.

Im grateful to those that have contributed immensely from their wealth of knowledge to this thread.

Well the process of rearing has been the same.

We give them food and water as at when due.

The drug we currently put in their water is multivitamin.

We gave them lasota vaccine last week friday(they turned 2 weeks)...same process as the first vaccine.

They are getting bigger every day. Their comb( i dont know the actual name for it but I hope you get me) is getting very red too.

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by limitless777(m): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

😂😂.

I deliberately ignored that part of his write-up. That guy has passion for the poultry lifestyle and it's admirable. But this his thread is rife with so much falsehood and inaccurate data.

By his submission, if he bought 4 cartons of Agrited chics at 74K, then each carton cost him 18,500 naira. Even if his home is just outside the Agrited hatchery in Ibadan, it is realistically impossible for him to have gotten their chics at that price. The last time Agrited sold between 17K and 19K was sometime in December 2021.

So he either has to tell us what magic he used to buy 4 cartons of day old Agriteds at 74K, or be honest enough to stop deceiving the public with falsified figures.

Thought I was just the only one who saw the falsehoods. Agrited only sell to agents and individuals purchasing at least 60 cartons as boldly stated on their website.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by coldzobo: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
Mmga hapu ndi apari abuo nom nelu ka ha na e zuzu

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by RichieMichie: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
coldzobo:

Hmm, Just as my mum suspected. Thanks for the info. What specie do you recommend ?
For 6wks market, go for Ross308 from either Agricted or Sayed. Above 6wks, preferably go for AA from any of them popular hatcheries breeding AA like Chi, Fidan or Amos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by coldzobo: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2023
RichieMichie:

For 6wks market, go for Ross308 from either Agricted or Sayed. Above 6wks, preferably go for AA from any of them popular hatcheries breeding AA like Chi, Fidan or Amos.
Okay thanks a lot
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 9:50am On Sep 06, 2023
At what week will they start eating the finisher feed?@boldbrainz
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2023
Esomchi77:
At what week will they start eating the finisher feed?@boldbrainz

After the third vaccination. You're at liberty to decide when, but I usually begin from day 25.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by LivingTribunal: 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
coldzobo:
Update :
Its been 5 days since the last time I updated this thread. Honestly, that was due to a lot of comments that pissed me off.

But then again, i didn't opened this thread for people with negative energy to come shut it down. Like i stated earlier, its might serve as a reference for me in the future.

Im grateful to those that have contributed immensely from their wealth of knowledge to this thread.

We gave them lasota vaccine last week friday(they turned 2 weeks)...same process as the first vaccine.

They are getting bigger every day. Their comb( i dont know the actual name for it but I hope you get me) is getting very red too.
Please can we get pictures..
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

After the third vaccination. You're at liberty to decide when, but I usually begin from day 25.
is there third vaccination pls enlighten me on this
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 6:18am On Sep 07, 2023
Esomchi77:
is there third vaccination pls enlighten me on this

Day 7 - First vaccination.
Day 14 - Second vaccination.
Day 21 - Third vaccination.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I didn't observe all this but they are doing fine, hope no problem?
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
BoldBrainz:

can I start giving finisher feeds at 2 months and 2 weeks
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Esomchi77:
can I start giving finisher feeds at 2 months and 2 weeks

Wow!
Are you breeding for personal consumption?

1 Like

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Esomchi77:
I didn't observe all this but they are doing fine, hope no problem?

You bred broilers without a vaccination chart? How many mortalities have you had so far? And I'll like to see the broilers you raised for 2 months plus without the requisite medication flow chart.

2 Likes

Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
omo mortality was high ooooh 😮 mortality is now 35 I will take correction next time @boldbrainz
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Wow! Are you breeding for personal consumption?
no
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by Esomchi77(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
Esomchi77:
omo mortality was high ooooh 😮 mortality is now 35
I will take correction next time @boldbrainz

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't lose your entire stock.😂.

Never heard that anyone bred day old chics without the requisite vaccination chart. Anyhoo, I can always be available via mail to help in any ways I can.
Re: A Practical Guide On How To Brood Broilers by BoldBrainz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
coldzobo:
Update :

Don't take my comments and admonishments to heart. My intent was solely to trade ideas. Poultry rearing is a beautiful and profitable business, one I have found a passion for, despite the fact my first degree was totally unrelated to Agriculture..😊

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nasarawa Flood: 10,000 Hectares Of Olam Rice Farm And Mill Destroyed (Video) / Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) / Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.