Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History (40416 Views)

Enyimba Parade The Nigerian League Trophy In Aba (Video & Picture) / Jose Mourinho Unveils Tattoo Paying Homage To Man Utd, Roma And Inter Milan / Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Allmiron: 5:13am On Aug 20, 2023
In a nerve-wracking penalty kick contest, Inter Miami stays composed to turn away Nashville SC and win the Leagues Cup final[/b]

Lionel Messi scored in the 23rd minute and Inter Miami defeat Nashville SC in a penalty shootout 10-9 to win the Leagues Cup and lift the club's first trophy in history after finishing in regulation f1-1 Saturday night at GEODIS Park. Drake Callender had quite the night, scoring an own goal, saving two penalties in the shootout and making the crucial take past Nashville's keeper Elliot Pannico to give Miami the victory.

Messi was named player of the tournament and won the Golden Boot after scoring 10 goals and assisting one more in what was a dominating if not magical introduction to soccer fans in the United States

In a clash between expansion clubs that joined the league at the same time, Messi proved to be the difference -- just like he has been since joining Inter Miami -- by opening the scoring in the first half. Nashville's Fafa Picault would create a chance from a corner late in the match that led to Callender's own goal before Leonardo Campana missed a chance at an open net that could've won the match for the Herons, who were composed enough in the penalty shootout to see the job through.

[b]The victory marked Inter's first trophy, and they have a chance for more soon. They are in the U.S. Open Cup semifinals and will be considered favorites after this impressive Leagues Cup performance.
Source

119 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by JooEeL(m): 5:19am On Aug 20, 2023
Man, I was about to create a post but Im rusty on it as e don tay.

But my mind kept saying that Almiron guy can never fail to create a post... so just chill.

I refresh front page, I no see, na hin I say make I dig deeper...

Abeg that Obembet guy, hin still deh alive?? We gats press hin neck wella. That guy been show us pepper 5 years ago o.

U be correct guy.

Edit: Seun, Justwise, Lalasticlala please o. Move this thread to the permanent site.

OluwaMessi ma ti gbe tuntun de o. grin

205 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by ThierryJay: 5:24am On Aug 20, 2023
GOAT has recompleted football.

The most decorated football player of all time with 44 trophies

Only player to win tournament best player in all football competitions he won.

Only player to win tournament best player and top scorer award same time twice.

Only player to score in every round of the UCL, the World Cup and domestic league cup.

He doesnt get carried to trophies like some others, he carries his team to victory instead.

Won a trophy with the weakest team in the league.

GOAT reaffirmed.

408 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Fira09(m): 5:26am On Aug 20, 2023
He is just the greatest of all time, GOAT.

Nobody can ever attain what Messi has achieved in football.

229 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Fira09(m): 5:26am On Aug 20, 2023
LIONEL MESSI

THE GREATEST THERE IS, THE GREATEST THERE WAS, THE GREATEST THERE WILL EVER BE.

Who dey breatttthhhhh? grin

167 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Fira09(m): 5:27am On Aug 20, 2023
Undisputed GOAT, he is fuckíng inevitable.

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Fira09(m): 5:32am On Aug 20, 2023
Best Player Award ✅
Top Scorer Award ✅

189 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by ThierryJay: 5:32am On Aug 20, 2023
One asun carry number 7 for head like agidi..

But it is another who has 7 Ballon dors and has just won multiple 7-game tournaments consecutively.

#GOAT

148 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Xscape1993(m): 5:33am On Aug 20, 2023
Congratulations to him!!!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Lucanbay10: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zre68vzdWIE
Watch as Inter Miami defeats Nashville SC, 1-1 (10-9 on pen.), in the 2023 Leagues Cup Final. Lionel Messi scored the opening goal in the 23rd minute, marking his 7th-straight match with a goal scored.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 5:35am On Aug 20, 2023
JooEeL:
Man, I was about to create a post but Im rusty on it as e don tay.

But my mind kept saying that Almiron guy can never fail to create a post... so just chill.

I refresh front page, I no see, na hin I say make I dig deeper...

Abeg that Obembet guy, hin still deh alive?? We gats press hin neck wella. That guy been show us pepper 5 years ago o.

U be correct guy.

Edit: Seun, Justwise, Lalasticlala please o. Move this thread to the permanent site.

OluwaMessi ma ti gbe tuntun de o. grin
Good morning bro, we will hit frontpage when Nlfp.mod wake up. Did you watch the match, I’ve never been so tense since World Cup finals.

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 5:35am On Aug 20, 2023
Fira09:
J
Good morning boss epp us to tag any mod wey don wake up. We want to own frontpage today

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2023
ThierryJay:
One asun carry number 7 for head like agidi..

But it is another who has 7 Ballon dors and has just won multiple 7-game tournaments consecutively.

#GOAT
Messi won a trophy with the worst team in the MLS, if this isn’t fate tell what it is?? The match was electric, I thought I was watching UCL final

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 5:39am On Aug 20, 2023
One minute silence for every Messi fan wey miss this match. It was fvcking tense, most esp the penalties. Chai, e remain small make my spirit leave my body, come see how I Dey scream in the middle of night jubilating.

130 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 5:44am On Aug 20, 2023
Quick one guys: NashvilleFC manager (Gary Smith) was asked in a pre-match conference that how does he feel playing Inter Miami, they asked him if his team are scared of Messi’s threat, he said no one in his dressing is afraid of Leo.

Fast forward to Post-match interviews he said “.. to be perfectly honest, If not for the man of the moment in their group, we would have won tonight, the goal that he scores is just incredible out of nothing and with only other shot on goal hits the post. This Leo Messi team has been exceptional in this tournament.”

If there’s one thing I love about Leo, he has his ways of silencing doubters, critics, haters and so on, and he does it on the pitch. Y’all will be dumbfounded. It’s TKO

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by JooEeL(m): 5:46am On Aug 20, 2023
AImiron:
Good morning bro, we will hit frontpage when Nlfpmod wake up. Did watch the match, I’ve never been so tense since World Cup finals.

I didnt watch it o bro. But when I watched the extended highlights, omo... them wan kill us.

Those Nashville guys be werey o. See shots upon shots.

For Messi to win this cup is an exceeding fairytale. Many things nearly went wrong for him. I now realise that it is out of pure jealousy people have been badmouthing Messi and this league. The odds have not really been in Messi's favour.

Messi actually plays for the weakest team in the league and his arrival has transformed them. If he went to the strongest team and won, the same bad-belle people would say he likes going to top teams o

I have now realised that in this life, no matter how good you are... them must talk. Haters go hate.

160 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Fira09(m): 5:47am On Aug 20, 2023
Meanwhile, some unbiased pendu fans be like

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Nbote(m): 5:50am On Aug 20, 2023
Ronaldo fans are the most pathetic fantasy ever. If Messi scores or wins in the USA, it is scripted by FIFA or the goalkeepers or players are dispatch riders or Pizza Delivery guys. But if Ronaldo scores afta several matches against Al Walai Talai, celebrates like he won the world cup he's the best ever.. An Arab league that every player is scoring hattrick left right and centre. Let's not forget Rooney warned Messi he won't playing in the MLS easy

Jokerman:
Another rigged trophy 😵‍💫

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 5:51am On Aug 20, 2023
JooEeL:

I didnt watch it o bro. But when I watched the extended highlights, omo... them wan kill us.

Those Nashville guys be werey o. See shots upon shots.

For Messi to win this cup is an exceeding fairytale. Many things nearly went wrong for him. I now realise that it is out of pure jealousy people have been badmouthing Messi and this league. The odds have not really been in Messi's favour.

Messi actually plays for the weakest team in the league and his arrival has transformed them. If he went to the strongest team and won, the same bad-belle people would say he likes going to top teams o

I have now realised that in this life, no matter how good you are... them must talk. Haters go hate.
I’m glad you didn’t watch cos it was too tense, I just laugh when penadogs scream say mls games are scripted if this Nashville catch Nasiru fc with Pendu included dem go chop like 7-0.

Did you see the last miss, omo if that ball had enter e go sweet gan, and Messi hit the bar, that should have been a goal, Omo when the guy lost the last penalty, I was so down, i screamed where is Alba he suppose took that kick not that kid.

I don’t blame em though, now all of em don sleep during the match they will only wake to highlights so it’s easy to judge, that’s why the MLS is superior to most leagues in Europe.

Congratulations to us my G, another bragging rights sealed.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by iykofias(m): 5:55am On Aug 20, 2023
Messi, the greatest to ever kick the round leather

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by dfrost: 6:01am On Aug 20, 2023
Messi... man just got a golden feet. Congratulations to Inter Miami.

Beckham stole a gem 💎 here.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by JooEeL(m): 6:02am On Aug 20, 2023
AImiron:
I’m glad you didn’t watch cos it was too tense, I just laugh when penadogs scream say mls games are scripted if this Nashville catch Nasiru fc with Pendu included dem go chop like 7-0.

Did you see the last miss, omo if that ball had enter e go sweet gan, and Messi hit the bar, that should have been a goal, Omo when the guy lost the last penalty, I was so down, i screamed where is Alba he suppose took that kick nah that kid.

I don’t blame em though, now all of em don sleep during the match they will only wake to highlights so it’s easy to judge, that’s why the MLS is superior to most leagues in Europe.

Congratulations to us my G, another bragging rights sealed.

Bro I deh tels u...

That our keeper save us too no be small o.

That Messi bar remind me so much of Barca vs Tottenham CL group stage in 2018. The only difference is that Messi hit the other bar this time. But the angled run, his soft acceleration and gentle guiding shot is seriously reminiscent of that.

Messi has given us too many good memories ooo, Chimoo.. How we go repay this our master?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Romanoff(f): 6:04am On Aug 20, 2023
By the time Messi is done with MLS, the league will be grateful.

I never knew Inter Miami or cared for MLS before Messi.

Dude is carrying the league on his back.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Valwezzy: 6:04am On Aug 20, 2023
We certainly don’t deserve Messi and his greatness .

It’s a thing of joy to be alive and witness the Messi-ah play.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Patosky4U: 6:07am On Aug 20, 2023
This is the true G.O.A.T. took a lonely inter maimi all the way to glory. A team that was looking lost in the MLS just 2 months ago is now a league cup champion. Give it to Messi mate

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Jokerman(m): 6:08am On Aug 20, 2023
Another rigged trophy 😵‍💫

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by AImiron: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2023
JooEeL:

Bro I deh tels u...

That our keeper save us too no be small o.

That Messi bar remind me so much of Barca vs Tottenham CL group stage in 2018. The only difference is that Messi hit the other bar this time. But the angled run, his soft acceleration and gentle guiding shot is seriously reminiscent of that.

Messi has given us too many good memories ooo, Chimoo.. How we go repay this our master?
no doubt about that Calendar na world class GK, that why he won the man of match. He was composed and calm. I was praying make e score his own PK cos I know say Nashville go lose. Messi make things soft

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Fira09(m): 6:09am On Aug 20, 2023
Messi played 7 games in the World Cup and won. He came to Inter Miami, played just 7 games and has won a trophy. Ronaldo wears number 7.

Credit : X

87 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by Jokerman(m): 6:10am On Aug 20, 2023
Let's remember Goatnaldo also won alNassr the first Continental trophy ever some days ago before your itchy fingers decides to type trash about him as usual instead of celebrating your burger trophy

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Inter Miami Lift First Trophy In Club’s History by obembet(f): 6:10am On Aug 20, 2023
Congratulations to Inter Miami.. they have done very well.

Messi and Ronaldo as been a great to our generation, am blessed to witness it. Imagine 38yrs player play just 26 games and score 20 fantastic goals and stil delivered the league biggest trophy with golden boot, No wonder he was rated greatest of all time, he show up when he needed most.

Messi on his side went to America and prove himself to show the world that he's still as same level as cristiano and co, he delivered them and win trophy with Just.

Believe me, I love this two guys... God as bless them already... No need to pray for them again.

I love Rolando and Messi

19 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega Signs For Athletico Madrid. / Ighalo To Miss Manchester United's Training Camp Over Coronavirus Risk / Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.