Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) (38273 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Native Jollof Rice/palmoil Rice / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
There's absolutely no relationship between Oga Sapa and the ingredients on that table.

You people just like playing loose with street slangs.

Proper Sapa concoction rice that year, the rice will be the star attraction... Followed by Maggi, pepper, onions, and palm oil.

What you cooked casually up there is what most Nigerian families reserve for Christmas and special celebrations. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by AliEzeOlu: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
gloryhomemaker:
This cook with me video is a step by step guide on how to cook Nigeria local rice also known as concoction rice or native rice.

The ingredients for this local African delicacy is always minimal but when well prepared the taste is amazing that you will keep asking for more.

This version of Sapa concoction rice is worth a try and enjoying!

Ingredients:
Rice
Palm oil
Iru
Shombo
Pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Fish (optional)
Scent leaf
Seasoning
Salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vladAl0KdgE

Where the concoction dey abeg??

@gloryhomemaker, e reach ya turn, you cook this classic dish call am "concoction".

Bia, this ya "concoction" get another meaning, Okwaya?
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
D food dey sweet pass jollof sef

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by toprealman: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
gloryhomemaker:
Final product...

Come and eat everybody.
Baba this rice too rich and pure abeg.

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Dennisochampa: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
This one na luxury native rice... The real concussion rice will have only crayfish inside with visible onions and fresh pepper
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by darealez(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
gloryhomemaker:
This cook with me video is a step by step guide on how to cook Nigeria local rice also known as concoction rice or native rice.

The ingredients for this local African delicacy is always minimal but when well prepared the taste is amazing that you will keep asking for more.

Ingredients:
Rice
Palm oil
Iru
Shombo
Pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Fish (optional)
Scent leaf
Seasoning
Salt

Women of substance are such a blessing to humanity. Well done!

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
I no even know difference between concoction whatever and jollof my own na make food enter belle sharp Sharp make hunger calm down o..I can eat food without food without meat and vice versa.. some of us niqqa tough pass that can silly consideration..only the very toughest will survive this lawless jungle full of all manner of criminal, called Nigeria..mark my words..e go reach one stage, some of una go dey thank God for even seeing anything concoction food to eat! even watery beans like in prison cheesy..no be curse! Nigeria is heading to the abyss.everbody be prepared!

Everybody is just busy paying lips and eyes service! nothing dey work.. Sapa go wound many.. politheivecians unanimous slang and jingo for the past wassted 5 decades remains the same;

Luutu e!(loot am!

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Akaegwu(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
Onucs:
You put fish and meat for jollof con dey call am concoction rice. Dey play grin grin

Let the poor breathe
I tire for this one. Party rice with enough whistles and bells
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Chetas81(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
SO SOMEONE WILL EAT FOOD WITHOUT TOMATO πŸ… HHHHMMM OGAH OOOOOOO NIGERIAN'S
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Owochogod: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
When i remember good food i go just whish say make i no die 4 dis life.
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by baralatie(m): 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
This is a little bit more than concontion riceπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by baralatie(m): 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
As in you add crayfish,meat,fishπŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Pat081: 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
Please πŸ™ are you marry or single?
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:
Rice
Palm oil
Iru
Shombo
Pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Fish (optional)
Scent leaf
Seasoning
Salt

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:
Good evening madam, it's been a while I last saw your delicious threads.

Just the other day I was wondering whatever happened to you.

Seems you aren't active on this forum anymore. Hope Nigeria didn't happen to you?

grin grin grin
Nigeria is happening everywhere now
I am well though, many things going on at the same time.
Thank you for checking on me.

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Masaratyz:

You have always been an inspiration and a quick source of learning some new ways of cooking food. Keep up the good work. You are doing well. I have you bookmarked for easy access to your new contents. Stay Bless sister.

Thank you for your kind words.
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by phemmyfour: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
gloryhomemaker:
Final product...

Come and eat everybody.
Yummy as usual. Long time no cooking post

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by phemmyfour: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Love800:
Hey, welcum back. Our stargirl
Pls wat is shombo and iru?
iru is locust bean. Shombo is that long pepper called cayenne pepper

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ishilove:
Gloryhomemaker, what is the native name of scent leaf?

In Igbo Nchanwu, Arigbe, Ahuji

In Yoruba Efirin

In Hausa Daidoya

In Oyibo African basil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ishilove:

She is somebody's wife, that's why

Thank you Ishilove.
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
BigDawsNet:

My friend, the best chef in Africa... it's been a while... this jollof will taste great oh...

I think I'm gonna try it...

God bless you and your family πŸ˜‡β˜ΊοΈ

You will definitely enjoy it.
Thank you so much.
Amen, and God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Masaratyz: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you for your kind words.
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
MrDoGood:

Exactly what I prepared this afternoon grin

I used ugu

Enjoyment!
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Maryam1234(f): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Onucs:
You put fish and meat for jollof con dey call am concoction rice. Dey play grin grin

Let the poor breathe

This one na fake concoction Rice.

Concoction rice I know way back in School na only salt and maggi them take dey cook am,if you're not that broke you buy small red oil put.

This is a modified version,the elite kinda concoction grin

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Love800:
Hey, welcum back. Our stargirl
Pls wat is shombo and iru?

Shombo is that long pepper, its not as peppery. It adds colour to food too.

Iru is a Yoruba version of Igbo Dawawa. It's in seeds and good for local delicacies.

Thank you as always.
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
Shambo, ? Wetin be shambo,.. or u mean shampoo.
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Maryam1234(f): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

You will definitely enjoy it.
Thank you so much.
Amen, and God bless you too.

Mama the Rice looks nice but na big man concoction because fish dey am wink

The real sapa concoction get as e be way back grin

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Melagros(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Onucs:

Let the poor breathe
My brother I wonder oo grin
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by isabi2lof: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
Make you come add small beans join , chai tongue

2 Likes

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Abdulsaddiq: 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
See the real conclusion, only rice, ata gun gun and oil

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by April4th(m): 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2023
Long time madam, I done miss your cooking.

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2023
Yummy

1 Like

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by rickleye: 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
What cost of ingredients?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Little Bushmeat A Friend And I Killed This Morning (Pics) / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? / Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.