Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) (38264 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Native Jollof Rice/palmoil Rice / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by rickleye: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
Abdulsaddiq:
See the real conclusion, only rice, ata gun gun and oil

How you dey find money feed cat in this economy
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gbishman: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
God bless you my sister.

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by ceeceeuwa: 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
Have you tried concoction noodles with crayfish,palm oil and scent leave? Yummy 😋

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Authur729(m): 12:44am On Aug 22, 2023
This food for face go sweet o

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by ddeola: 1:10am On Aug 22, 2023
With all these ingredients why not kuku cook jollof rice or white rice and correct fried stew. Those days, we cook "concor" because ingredients no dey or e no reach.

Common , you can do better than this with all these ingredients. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Love800(m): 5:16am On Aug 22, 2023
Tank u
phemmyfour:
iru is locust bean. Shombo is that long pepper called cayenne pepper
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Love800(m): 5:18am On Aug 22, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Shombo is that long pepper, its not as peppery. It adds colour to food too.

Iru is a Yoruba version of Igbo Dawawa. It's in seeds and good for local delicacies.

Thank you as always.
ok. Tanks
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 5:22am On Aug 22, 2023
BALLOSKI:
you sabi cook, you fine. Why are you not with me? Tell me why!
make her husband catch you. You go explain tire 😂

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2023
Nice to have you back gloryhomemaker. My rice would begin to burn immediately I turn it. My neighbor said my pot is too light. How true is that??

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by livebyday(m): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Nigeria is happening everywhere now
I am well though, many things going on at the same time.
Thank you for checking on me.

It is alright

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by dkidd: 7:16am On Aug 22, 2023
Scent leaf for rice 😕
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Nice to have you back gloryhomemaker. My rice would begin to burn immediately I turn it. My neighbor said my pot is too light. How true is that??

A light pot could also contribute. Another way around it is to add everything you want into the pot with the right quantity of water to cook it till its soft. Stir and cover the pot, cook on medium heat and don't stir again till the water is dried. Then you stir and take off the heat. The burning will be minimized.
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by winner37(m): 8:17am On Aug 22, 2023
Rice fir the rich !!!

I mistakenly fine one girlfriend go house without informing that am visiting her what I saw nearly broke my ribcage...

Ladies pls if when on a visit to your guy's place don't formed what ever the guy have eat it with a smile and happiness because is not easy for single guy who have no support...

I love eating this type of rice especially now things are less expensive...
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by ceelog(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2023
Very educative.
Please i would like you to share the recipe for Point and Kill vegetable chicken. It is not peppersoup and not really a sauce.

It is one delicacy i wish to know how to cook using local spices and selecting the right vegetables.
@pocohontas

gloryhomemaker:
This cook with me video is a step by step guide on how to cook Nigeria local rice also known as concoction rice or native rice.

The ingredients for this local African delicacy is always minimal but when well prepared the taste is amazing that you will keep asking for more.

This version of Sapa concoction rice is worth a try and enjoying!

Ingredients:
Rice
Palm oil
Iru
Shombo
Pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Fish (optional)
Scent leaf
Seasoning
Salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vladAl0KdgE

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2023
Onucs:
You put fish and meat for jollof con dey call am concoction rice. Dey play grin grin

Let the poor breathe

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by syntekelite(m): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
Rice-800
Iru-200
Onions-200
Shombo,pepper&maggi-300
Palmoil-200
Scent leaves-100
Crayfish-200
Fish_600
Total-2600..
Verdict- not a concoction

Real concoction.
Local Rice-500
Grounded pepper-50 or fresh pepper-100
Palm oil or groundnut oil-100
Maggi&salt- e go dey house..
Egg-100..
Crayfish- totally optional
Total- 700..
Verdict- this is real meaning of concoction..

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
ceelog:
Very educative.
Please i would like you to share the recipe for Point and Kill vegetable chicken. It is not peppersoup and not really a sauce.

It is one delicacy i wish to know how to cook using local spices and selecting the right vegetables.
@pocohontas

Wow, point and kill vegetable chicken. I could already imagine it now.

Ok, first it has to be freshly killed chicken preferably soft chicken.

Season and marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
In your pot add in little palm oil as you want it local.

Add in fresh pepper, onions, crayfish, ehuru all ground together and fry for about 5 minutes.

Add in the well marinated soft chicken, fry on both sides for 10 minutes each.

To finish up add in ugba (ukpaka) and utazi leaves.
Taste for seasoning and salt and know if you need to adjust any.

Your point and kill chicken vegetable with local spices is ready.
Serve and enjoy.

@pocahontas, please any more insights?
Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by BALLOSKI: 2:30am On Aug 23, 2023
Goalnaldo:
make her husband catch you. You go explain tire 😂

No evidence...

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by ceelog(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Wow, point and kill vegetable chicken. I could already imagine it now.

Ok, first it has to be freshly killed chicken preferably soft chicken.

Season and marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
In your pot add in little palm oil as you want it local.

Add in fresh pepper, onions, crayfish, ehuru all ground together and fry for about 5 minutes.

Add in the well marinated soft chicken, fry on both sides for 10 minutes each.

To finish up add in ugba (ukpaka) and utazi leaves.
Taste for seasoning and salt and know if you need to adjust any.

Your point and kill chicken vegetable with local spices is ready.
Serve and enjoy.

@pocahontas, please any more insights?

Thanks dear for this suggestion.

The chicken was cooked (not fried) in the boiling spice mix and i observed Ugu seem to have been added. But i will try out your suggestion.

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by Ishilove: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

In Igbo Nchanwu, Arigbe, Ahuji

In Yoruba Efirin

In Hausa Daidoya

In Oyibo African basil
Thank you ma'am.

Re: Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
ceelog:

Thanks dear for this suggestion.

The chicken was cooked (not fried) in the boiling spice mix and i observed Ugu seem to have been added. But i will try out your suggestion.

You can boil if it's hard chicken, with soft chicken it cooks faster so no need to boil before hand. Try little Utazi in place of Ugu and observe the difference.

Though if you like more vegetables you can add Ugu and a little Utazi.

I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? / See The Little Bushmeat A Friend And I Killed This Morning (Pics) / Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya