Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity (4601 Views)

LP’s Problem Is Not About Tinubu, It’s About Greed - Oseni Rufai / Aliko Dangote Is Nigeria Biggest Problem - Nnamdi Kanu / The Biggest Problem The Yoruba Have In This World Is The Igbo Problem - Marcus K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Abagworo(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2023
Aba's biggest problem is bad link roads to areas outside Southeast. Aba to Umuahia, Aba to Enugu and Aba to Owerri are good but Aba to Port Harcourt though quite a short distance is like hell on earth. Aba to Ikot-Ekpene though short distance is worse than hell and most businesses are interconnected between Aba , Port Harcourt and Akwaibom. I believe it's a deliberate action by FG to force Aba SMEs to relocate out of Southeast as was done with militancy to force oil majors out of South-south. Aba is the largest concentration of SMEs in Nigeria and grooming it is for national interest not even Southeast.

9 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Abagworo(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

After being to ariara I was wonder how Onitsha main market would be like since they say it's bigger than ariara...

Growing up in port Harcourt the biggest market I knew was mile 1 , mile 3 and town market

But going to school in nsukka mehn ogiga market nsukka was bigga than any market in port Harcourt and get people kept telling me it's small small... I'm like small? Ah

Mehn commerce in igbo land is something else sha

Ariaria is bigger than main market proper by far but streets of Onitsha are counted as part of Main Market. I've been to both several times to buy clothes back in the day.

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2023
Mynd44:

Please, I am not here to thrash Aba. As I wrote in my post, I pray Otti does better and improves Aba and the whole state.

A Aba that is better than this is everybody's hope so there is no conflict here

You've never been to Aba before.
You only passed the Expressway on your way to another town and saw dustbins.

You're like someone coming from Lagos who passed through Gwagwalada and Zuba on his way to Kaduna but didn't enter Abuja, but claiming he has been to Abuja before grin

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by ElSudani: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Ttipsy:
if it’s by landmass then Japan shouldn’t be Economic viable

I love Japan, they have a highly resourceful citizens and a progressive economy

On what basis then would you want to compare Ibadan with Aba which are not different countries but cities in the same country?
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Ttipsy(f): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2023
ElSudani:

On what basis then would you want to compare Ibadan with Aba which are not different countries but cities in the same country?
I see no reason why pple compare , hence it’s still the same con3

Landmass isn’t a measure of economy

Lagos (3kq) has a bigger GDP than most African countries lol

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by paramakina202: 10:35am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Ariara market is not like a market... It's a mini city.... I remember always asking where is ariaria when I was already inside the market

That's here 95% of those who visit Aba visit and that's not even Aba

Is like judging port Harcourt by just coming to oil mill n go back

Ariaria market is an important part of Aba and I am happy last government starting rebuilding the market and hopefully Otti will build it to standard.Anybody that been to Ariaria have visited Aba.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by jmoore(m): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
Not when they see the impact of the money na
Dey play. 150k na change? How much are they paying for rent in their homes?
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

Lmaooo average shop rent in ariara is over 500k yearly... It's assumed you would make 2 times your rent yearly... Paying 15% as tax for development na big deal?

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2023
paramakina202:

Ariaria market is an important part of Aba and I am happy last government starting rebuilding the market and hopefully Otti will build it to standard.Anybody that been to Ariaria have visited Aba.
Sure but hasn't seen enough aba to pass judgement

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by igwebuike01: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

You have no idea how much these traders make. Who do you think built those multistorey blocks of flat that fill the city and spill over to neighboring villages? Do you think it's Abuja senators or oil workers in PH or white collar employees in Lagos? No my brother, it's the "dirty illiterate trader" and each building cost nothing less than 30 million and some finish it in one year

5 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by jmoore(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmaooo average shop rent in ariara is over 500k yearly... It's assumed you would make 2 times your rent yearly... Paying 15% as tax for development na big deal?

Our family get shops for Ariaria. Only few shops in prime location pay up to 500 k as yearly rent. Some shops even go low as 150k yearly for rent.

That your suggestion will never work.
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by gratiaeo(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2023
Aba has more city plan than any city in the South-East but killed by bad governance

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by ASAPFERG: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2023
igbos should stay there and stop risking their lives and dying in the process self while attempting to run to the SW
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Kaido: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2023
Abagworo:
Aba's biggest problem is bad link roads to areas outside Southeast. Aba to Umuahia, Aba to Enugu and Aba to Owerri are good but Aba to Port Harcourt though quite a short distance is like hell on earth. Aba to Ikot-Ekpene though short distance is worse than hell and most businesses are interconnected between Aba , Port Harcourt and Akwaibom. I believe it's a deliberate action by FG to force Aba SMEs to relocate out of Southeast as was done with militancy to force oil majors out of South-south. Aba is the largest concentration of SMEs in Nigeria and grooming it is for national interest not even Southeast.
You mean Aba to Ikot-Ekpene road is still bad? shocked
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by JudgeWilson(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Exactly... They go to osisioma and ariaria and say I have visited aba
No mind them, me wey from Benue i know how developed ABA is. Let him visit UMULE, Umuocham, St Micheals, Fauks road, Abayi, down to Ogbo hill, i never talk of union road, Okpamulobo where Glass force company is located, MCC, down to B.A (Black Arena) men ABA is huge. Make them travel dem no gree. Brown roof people make una travel make una eye open small.

7 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2023
JudgeWilson:
No mind them, me wey from Benue i know how developed ABA is. Let him visit UMULE, Umuocham, St Micheals, Fauks road, Abayi, down to Ogbo hill, i never talk of union road, Okpamulobo where Glass force company is located, MCC, down to B.A (Black Arena) men ABA is huge. Make them travel dem no gree. Brown roof people make una travel make una eye open small.
Bro aba is huge... Honestly very huge best is is house is so cheap

Sweet 3 bedroom flat with running water can go for 350k

3 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by SonOfEl(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2023
Aba market and industrial cluster is the Livewire of Abia State. A lot of Lecturers, Lawyers, Engineers, School Teachers, and even Doctors, etc have small shops or stalls they use as side hustle to sustain themselves, as salary no dey come (before Alex Ottis tenure began).

Abia being the 3rd least poverty stricken state after Ondo and Lagos (recent NBS MPI 2022 data) shows how resilient the Abia people (both indigenes and residents) are. What we need is Excellent Infrastructure and Fiscal Discipline from the state government.

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by JudgeWilson(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Bro aba is huge... Honestly very huge best is is house is so cheap

Sweet 3 bedroom flat with running water can go for 350k
You are very correct bro, my house in aba a 3 bedroom flat with parlor like football field and dining with two bancony and runing water was 280k bro.

3 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by jmoore(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
igwebuike01:

You have no idea how much these traders make. Who do you think built those multistorey blocks of flat that fill the city and spill over to neighboring villages? Do you think it's Abuja senators or oil workers in PH or white collar employees in Lagos? No my brother, it's the "dirty illiterate trader" and each building cost nothing less than 30 million and some finish it in one year

No be every trader be odogwu. Our family get shops for Aline.

No trader will obey any directive to pay 150k yearly to government. Even the traders wey be odogwu won't pay that.

3 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
crossfm:
You might be right,but for me it's bad government.

The searchlight is on Aba because,it has one of the biggest market in southeast.

People who visit Aba often complain about the roads and how dirty the town is,they don't necessarily have to visit every part of Aba to draw such conclusion.

Aba is akin to Onisha,they are more popular than the state capital because of the presence of the market.

The past governor's didn't prioritize the image of Aba.

I will continue praying for God to punish the useless duo of Uzor Kalu and Ochendo Global! Those two were a curse to Abia state!

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Bestmanfornow: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Abagworo:

Ariaria is bigger than main market proper by far but streets of Onitsha are counted as part of Main Market. I've been to both several times to buy clothes back in the day.
My friend you don't know half of Main market Onitsha

See measurement of both markets

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Alphanancy: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2023
Aba the great Enyimba city is one of the most urbanised and developed cities in Nigeria.
This is pure fact. No apologies to those who think otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Freebills12: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Morbeta11:
Very superb urban planning and layouts.

Aba urban planning was done by the British not by the Nigerian govt. Most of the cities in Nigeria were planned by the British govt. In south east Owerri, Aba, Enugu, Onitsha, and Umuahia were planned by the British. The difference is there when you compare them to Awka planned by Nigerian govt.

5 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by MadamExcellency: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
Rostikol:
The buildings are fine. Just make the STREETS look like these pictures below.

Pedestrian sidewalks. Covered drains.

And then we can call Aba world class.

This is Kigali Rwanda, not London.

Is Aba Sports Club and the environs not better than the picture you posted?

3 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by MadamExcellency: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Aba urban planning was done by the British not by the Nigerian govt. Most of the cities in Nigeria were planned by the British govt. In south east Owerri, Aba, Enugu, Onitsha, and Umuahia were planned by the British. The difference is there when you compare them to Awka planned by Nigerian govt.

You got it all right. It's British standard and not a Nigerian thing.
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Abagworo(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

No be every trader be odogwu. Our family get shops for Aline.

No trader will obey any directive to pay 150k yearly to government. Even the traders wey be odogwu won't pay that.

Nigerians and most people on earth dislike tax and levies right from the biblical years. 30k is hard not to talk of 150k

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Abagworo(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

My friend you don't know half of Main market Onitsha

See measurement of both markets

A smaller area with irregular shape can have longer perimeter. Going by your photos Ariaria is twice or thrice larger. However I made my comment based on walking around both markets . When I asked people around said the adjoining streets with peoples houses and plazas are still regarded as part of Main Market.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Bestmanfornow: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
Abagworo:

A smaller area with irregular shape can have longer perimeter. Going by your photos Ariaria is twice or thrice larger. However I made my comment based on walking around both markets . When I asked people around said the adjoining streets with peoples houses and plazas are still regarded as part of Main Market.
Like I said you don't even know half of Main market me that is from Anamabra and a business man that go to Main market for my goods till today the market still confuse me, mind you Main market have the highest numbers of plazas in any markets in Nigeria, only Young Shall grow, his Plaza alone contains 5000 shops, 50 warehouses, three banking halls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-q74e75Rg

This is Ariaria market do you know can capture Main market from one place
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Bestmanfornow: 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Abagworo:

For you to access Main market well go through Niger street towards Head-bridge Onitsha that where the market start then from their you will get to the heart of Main market

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Abagworo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Like I said you don't even know half of Main market me that is from Anamabra and a business man that go to Main market for my goods till today the market still confuse me, mind you Main market have the highest numbers of plazas in any markets in Nigeria, only Young Shall grow, his Plaza alone contains 5000 shops, 50 warehouses, three banking halls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-q74e75Rg

This video corroborates my point. The market is small but even if you add the adjoining streets it still is smaller than Ariaria. If you doubt me simply visit both markets and see for yourself. May your soul rest in perfect peace Eboh.

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by igwebuike01: 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

For you to access Main market well go through Niger street towards Head-bridge Onitsha that where the market start then from their you will get to the heart of Main market
Going by your map, Ariaria is larger than main market in landmass (landmass is measured in area not circumference)
But Onitsha may be larger in volume of goods because of clusters of multistorey plazas

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by paramakina202: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
Abagworo:

This video corroborates my point. The market is small but even if you add the adjoining streets it still is smaller than Ariaria. If you doubt me simply visit both markets and see for yourself. May your soul rest in perfect peace Eboh.

Leave this guy before he derail this wonderful thread created to promote ABA. Everything na competition for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC: Ngige For President / Kudos To Kwankwaso! I Spotted One Woman During His Declaration Rally. / Gov. Ayo Fayose-going...going...(see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.