Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,717 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity (4597 Views)

LP’s Problem Is Not About Tinubu, It’s About Greed - Oseni Rufai / Aliko Dangote Is Nigeria Biggest Problem - Nnamdi Kanu / The Biggest Problem The Yoruba Have In This World Is The Igbo Problem - Marcus K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Aug 21, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Spot on...

The very day I went to that Ariaria, I almost lost my way😁😁.

From one shop area to the other, before I know am, I don Waka pass 1km😁
After being to ariara I was wonder how Onitsha main market would be like since they say it's bigger than ariara...

Growing up in port Harcourt the biggest market I knew was mile 1 , mile 3 and town market

But going to school in nsukka mehn ogiga market nsukka was bigga than any market in port Harcourt and get people kept telling me it's small small... I'm like small? Ah

Mehn commerce in igbo land is something else sha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Kingsmeal: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

Enyi a, you are not talking to an outsider. I live in Aba. One side of Aba-ph has been done up to Ariaria junction. Refuse dump are present on the new lanes.

Refuse dump is also present at Faulks road.

This refuse dump you're talking about is everywhere.

Here in PH, Residents drop refuse on the verge of the roads and those environmental people come in the morning to pack it. Sometimes in the night.

Infact, during that Presidential election time this year, the whole of Port Harcourt wanted to turn into a refuse city because everyone (Wike and co) was focused on election and the masses began to call on the government to do their jobs.

The primary job of the govt is to provide the means for refuse disposal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2023
Karlman:

I thought as much too, just that Akure is cool and relaxed! But Aba might be more metropolitan!
Aba is so well planed that of you are in one part... U might not leave there for months unless u are traveling

Everything you need is in that area... School, market , hospital, recreational centers... Everything sports centers... There would be absolutely no reason to leave your area zero reason

A

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Kingsmeal: 7:42am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

After being to ariara I was wonder how Onitsha main market would be like since they say it's bigger than ariara...

Growing up in port Harcourt the biggest market I knew was mile 1 , mile 3 and town market

But going to school in nsukka mehn ogiga market nsukka was bigga than any market in port Harcourt and get people kept telling me it's small small... I'm like small? Ah

I cut cap for them abeg. Ariaria is very big. If you add Bakassi na die😁

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Kingsmeal: 7:44am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Aba is so well planed that of you are in one part... U might not leave there for months unless u are traveling

Everything you need is in that area... School, market , hospital, recreational centers... Everything sports centers... There would be absolutely no reason to leave your area zero reason

A

This here is another truth.

All my years in medical school, I can count the number of times I left Abayi.

Infact till I left Aba, I never visited Ogbor Hill and I hear the place is also fine too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Kingsmeal:

I cut cap for them abeg. Ariaria is very big. If you add Bakassi na die😁
So bakasi is not part of ariara? Lmaooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Karlman: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

A
In that case i think the people in Aba should do more to promote the city!

I don't know if mods will see this thread and take it to front page....or maybe the OP should add IPOB to the headline to bait the Mods!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Wickedfacts: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2023
Kingsmeal:

This here is another truth.

All my years in medical school, I can count the number of times I left Abayi.

Infact till I left Aba, I never visited Ogbor Hill and I hear the place is also fine too.

Ogbor Hill is very fine. Really nice place.

Aba needs 2 major things.
1. Effective waste disposal system.
2. Road reconstruction

If those two are done, it will be more attractive.

The problem Aba had is the Orjis and their waste product called Ikpeazu. With those things out of the way, Otti has no excuse.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Wickedfacts: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2023
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by crossfm: 8:01am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Ariara market is not like a market... It's a mini city.... I remember always asking where is ariaria when I was already inside the market

That's here 95% of those who visit Aba visit and that's not even Aba

Is like judging port Harcourt by just coming to oil mill n go back

Thanks for giving me this insight. I have never been to ariaria before,but the way people talk about it is not funny. Even my siblings who were there to get items said same.

For a market which is that popular to be in that condition say's a lot about the previous government's.

That market is a big one,and should be given the attention it deserves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Rostikol: 8:03am On Aug 21, 2023
The buildings are fine. Just make the STREETS look like these pictures below.

Pedestrian sidewalks. Covered drains.

And then we can call Aba world class.

This is Kigali Rwanda, not London.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2023
crossfm:

Thanks for giving me this insight. I have never been to ariaria before,but the way people talk about it is not funny. Even my siblings who were there to get items said same.

For a market which is that popular to be in that condition say's a lot about the previous government's.

That market is a big one,and should be given the attention it deserves.
Absolutely Ikpeazu started the demolition and rebuilding of ariaria u can google it up... The plan is to rebuild the market to a bigger and better market

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by crossfm: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Absolutely Ikpeazu started the demolition and rebuilding of ariaria u can google it up... The plan is to rebuild the market to a bigger and better market

You mean in his 8year he wasn't able to finish the market?. He didn't prioritize it if it's so.

I will love to see that market blossom to it's glory.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2023
crossfm:

You mean in his 8year he wasn't able to finish the market?. He didn't prioritize it if it's so.

Mehm it's crazy I think he build over 2000 shops sha... Which is still nothing

I believe araira should implement a good taxing system

Each shop has link to pay their tax tracked via mobile apps or QR system

Agree with them pay this and no thug would ask u to pay anything again

Ariara from my estimate has over 120,000 shops if each shop pay 150k as tax per year

That's 18 billion in 5 years that's enough to redevelop and maintain the place

Trust me they spend more than 150k a year on payments

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by igwebuike01: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

They keep underrating commerce. They don't know that commerce contribute to GDP more than manufacturing and other cooperate sectors

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2023
igwebuike01:

They keep understanding commerce. They don't know that commerce contribute to GDP more than manufacturing and other cooperate sectors
Says who? Walmart GDP contribution is bigger than any state in Nigeria

Oh Amazon

Aba feeds South South, 50% of South East, 30% of North Central.. 60% southern cameron, Gabon, equatorial guinea with goods

And aba has great production sector too

A huge junk of what's sold in aba is made in aba

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by crossfm: 8:40am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Ariara from my estimate has over 120,000 shops if each shop pay 150k as tax per year

Our leaders think more of looting than using their brain.
The truth is that most of these trader's are ready to pay well if the facilities are top-notch.

They love quality, but the government let them down.

5 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by igwebuike01: 8:41am On Aug 21, 2023
crossfm:

He didn't start reconstruction of Ariaria from his first tenure since the orjis left Aba in shambles. He started from roads and inner streets. He started Ariaria projects very much later and still achieved a lot there

5 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 8:45am On Aug 21, 2023
crossfm:

Our leaders think more of looting than using their brain.
The truth is that most of these trader's are ready to pay well if the facilities are top-notch.

They love quality, but the government let them down.
Thugs that control this market are used during elections same with bus stops

They use this revenue generation centers to compensate them

Otti has a clean slate no body helped him just the people he needs to work

4 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by igwebuike01: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Says who? Walmart GDP contribution is bigger than any state in Nigeria

Oh Amazon

Aba feeds South South, 50% of South East, 30% of North Central.. 60% southern cameron, Gabon, equatorial guinea with goods

And aba has great production sector too

A huge junk of what's sold in aba is made in aba
Walmart and Amazon are into commerce. While Aba is no pushover in manufacturing, commercial activities is backbone of it's GDP, same with Anambra

6 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2023
igwebuike01:

Walmart and Amazon are into commerce. While Aba is no pushover in manufacturing, commercial activities is backbone of it's GDP, same with Anambra
Yes for an economy to grow

Money input must be less than money output

For me aba meets that criteria so they are economically sound... Aba is one of the few states in Nigeria that still have hold up now

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by rtdCivilservant: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2023
horsepower102:
I will be the first to admit that Aba is living below its potential.

But when you compare Aba to so many other Nigerian cities, the difference is very clear.

I still don’t understand the level of hate that city received on nairaland even though, it still looked better than so many other Nigerian cities.

A city may have bad roads in highly trafficked areas but those areas don’t define the whole city.

Thankfully Otti is fixing those roads but I also give some credit to ikpeazu who also worked on some roads even though he started late.

Besides Aba is not a state capital.
I have said this before, Abians publicly de-market their state for reasons best known to them... No way, Abia was and is still not the worst state in Nigeria, but its people made Nigerians see Abia as a failed state because of the hatred they had for their past governors. I guess, u are from Abia state, and ur love for Otti has suddenly made u realise that Abia is not as bad as portrayed, u wish for Otti good and positive publicity, and u suddenly want us to have a rethink on the impression u guys gave us about ur state. I tell u, such bad impression u people painted about Abia will be very very difficult to change, have u noticed that Abia is usually used as an example of a failed state in Nigeria? Moral of the lesson, we shouldn't crucify people unjustly because of the hatred we have for them, speak positive of them when they perform and criticise them constructively when they derail.

5 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by MTNnews: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2023
When you finish deceiving yourself you wake up from your slumbering

Karlman:
Judging from the pictures above as seeing is believing;
Aba is better than Abeokuta, Ekiti,and Oshogbo and Akure!

Only Ibadan can stand up to Aba in SW!

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by horsepower102: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

I have said this before, Abians publicly de-market their state for reasons best known to them... No way, Abia was and is still not the worst state in Nigeria, but its people made Nigerians see Abia as a failed state because of the hatred they had for their past governors. I guess, u are from Abia state, and ur love for Otti has suddenly made u realise that Abia is not as bad as portrayed, because u wish Otti good and positive publicity, and u suddenly want us to have a rethink on the impression u guys gave us about ur state. I tell u, such bad impression u people painted about Abia will be very very difficult to change, have u noticed that Abia is usually used as an example of a failed state in Nigeria? Moral of the the lesson, we shouldn't crucify people unjustly because of the hatred we have for them, speak positive of them when they perform and criticise them constructively when they derail.

I am not from Abia state. I am from delta state but grew up in Aba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by SonOfEl(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2023
horsepower102:
I will be the first to admit that Aba is living below its potential.

But when you compare Aba to so many other Nigerian cities, the difference is very clear.

I still don’t understand the level of hate that city received on nairaland even though, it still looked better than so many other Nigerian cities.

A city may have bad roads in highly trafficked areas but those areas don’t define the whole city.

Thankfully Otti is fixing those roads but I also give some credit to ikpeazu who also worked on some roads even though he started late.

Besides Aba is not a state capital.

I have been saying it on nairaland since, but haters and gullible abians continued their noise.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by jmoore(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

I50k a year per shop? Do you want the governor to be stoned?
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Ttipsy(f): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2023
Kingsmeal:

This refuse dump you're talking about is everywhere.

Here in PH, Residents drop refuse on the verge of the roads and those environmental people come in the morning to pack it. Sometimes in the night.

Infact, during that Presidential election time this year, the whole of Port Harcourt wanted to turn into a refuse city because everyone (Wike and co) was focused on election and the masses began to call on the government to do their jobs.

The primary job of the govt is to provide the means for refuse disposal.
that’s a fundamental problem of most Nigerians

Pigs
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by jumper524(m): 9:54am On Aug 21, 2023
Mynd44:
This kind of talk is for those who have not visited Aba multiple times.

Those who have passed Osisioma, front of Aba North LGA Secretariat, the Aba-PHC road where half the road was turned into a waste site and the general state of insecurity will argue otherwise.

Aba needs Abia state to have a good governor that will make things better and help turn the place into what the eldorado the residents want to see. Hopefully, Otti will do well, he has had a long time to prepare for the job ahead.

No. Excuses
Obidients go insult you die, then and constructive criticism be like minna to kotongora.
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by ElSudani: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2023
Karlman:
Judging from the pictures above as seeing is believing;
Aba is better than Abeokuta, Ekiti,and Oshogbo and Akure!

Only Ibadan can stand up to Aba in SW!

True, let us compare 3080 Sq km. With 72 square km.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by mrvitalis(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

I50k a year per shop? Do you want the governor to be stoned?
Not when they see the impact of the money na
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Ttipsy(f): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2023
ElSudani:

True, let us compare 3080 Sq km. With 72 square km.
if it’s by landmass then Japan shouldn’t be Economic viable

I love Japan, they have a highly resourceful citizens and a progressive economy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

February 2024 Will Be The Craziest Month In The History Of The Planet / Trump Loses Presidential Primary / Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.