Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity (4600 Views)

LP’s Problem Is Not About Tinubu, It’s About Greed - Oseni Rufai / Aliko Dangote Is Nigeria Biggest Problem - Nnamdi Kanu / The Biggest Problem The Yoruba Have In This World Is The Igbo Problem - Marcus K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by glacswhite: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Una too dey like to show that one is better than other...is this an Igbo Curse or what

Or is this just from one particular part of Igbo..

You will see a miscreant n his happiness is just to tell that he is better or his Village is better or his State is better

I haven't seen those in Aba Bragging with Aba.. Funny enough they don't even know what they have.. They don't know they are one of best in Nigeria n West African as hole

6 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Ttipsy(f): 2:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
glacswhite:
Una too dey like to show that one is better than other...is this an Igbo Curse or what

You will see a miscreant n his happiness is just to tell that he is better or his Village is better or his State is better

I haven't seen those in Aba Bragging with Aba.. Funny enough they don't even know what they have.. They don't know they are one of best in Nigeria n West African as hole
its just overwhelming

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Ofodirinwa: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

I was leading up to something.....that even though the Brits handed over to Nigerians in 1960, some still stayed around and still worked in departments of the Regional and Federal public service, and i'm guessing this was to help transfer knowledge and expertise to their Nigerian counterparts. So they were still around in the 1st republic to help plan the then new areas of Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, etc. Compare the well laid out grid system of streets they planned.....intersecting each other at right angles, to the job our lot did in Awka from the time Anambra was created till today!

The mindset, dedication to work and expertise of our public servants have deteriorated over the years from the 60s to date....lets be honest! They're much more distracted today by extraneous issues compared to the time of their parents in the 60s!

interesting, thanks

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Ofodirinwa: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
glacswhite:

It is pathetic. Usually those with limited personal achievement using geography to compensate for their short comings in life.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by sage(m): 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Is Aba Sports Club and the environs not better than the picture you posted?

No it is not. It can look like this picture if the government actually gets down to work.

Nigerian cities look like absolute trash due to open gutters and lack of landscaping. I know funds are limited but this is an absolute must if you will change the look of the cities

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by glacswhite: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

It is pathetic. Usually those with limited personal achievement using geography to compensate for their short comings in life.

Exactly... Failures always do that
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by IamAtikulate: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mynd44:
This kind of talk is for those who have not visited Aba multiple times.

Those who have passed Osisioma, front of Aba North LGA Secretariat, the Aba-PHC road where half the road was turned into a waste site and the general state of insecurity will argue otherwise.

Aba needs Abia state to have a good governor that will make things better and help turn the place into what the eldorado the residents want to see. Hopefully, Otti will do well, he has had a long time to prepare for the job ahead.

No. Excuses
Aba to PHC doesn't mean you have been to Aba. Enter the city
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by IamAtikulate: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
mrvitalis:

Exactly osisoama and Aba port Harcourt road are not Aba really... It's like judging Lagos with otta

Where you passed is where 90% of Aba visitors visit and that's where bring the bad name because that's were ariara is

That place u pass is not upto 10% of ABA

This is exactly what the OP is saying
You are right.

My friend has been insulting me because he regularly visits Ariaria. But when he entered the city last month, he was the first person to call to tell me how developed Aba is.

Most people that claim they know Aba and denigrate the city have only visited Ariaria or Osisioma

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by IamAtikulate: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not defensive no body is harder than on igbo leaders than igbos no body we set super high standard for them

But when people like you who's region set no standard for their governors come to use our own standard to judge our governors.... It's absolutely unfair

If Ikpeazu did what he did in Abia in South West he would be a golden governor trust me

You are right

If Ikpeazu who we believe is the worst governor of the class of 2015 for SE is from SW, our Yoruba brothers would have hyped him.

Ikpeazu outperformed Seyi Makinde, but the latter is seen as gold in the SW.

Umahi trumped Sanwoolu, but the latter is seen as gold.

Obiano flogged Akeredolu in performance, but our SW brothers worship the latter

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Bestmanfornow: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
glacswhite:

Lols ..Not this small size markets u dey mention..if u start Counting ones in Aba is more than 200.. I just listed ones that is big as half of Ariaria

In Aba every road have markets nah .. If nah to count..Boy u Cannot count it all.. Is more than 300
You're ignorant I doubt if you step your feet in Anamabra, which market will you call Eke-Akpara Market or Afor-ule, I live in Aba for years, I know Aba very well in commerce they are far from Anambra, not hating but let be sincere and stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by glacswhite: 12:00am On Aug 23, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

You're ignorant I doubt if you step your feet in Anamabra, which market will you call Eke-Akpara Market or Afor-ule, I live in Aba for years, I know Aba very well in commerce they are far from Anambra, not hating but let be sincere and stop deceiving yourselves.

How does this measurements affect ur life
How does this Comparism Add money to ur account..

Miscreants with borrowed Data who are failures in life always do comparism to show everyone they are better..

Carry ur Family problem and go..

Yes Onitsha have 2million markets more than whole Europe.. I hope u are happy now 😁

Check Ur account Balance u might receive comparism alert..

This Particular set of people gives Igbo Bad name..You See Igbo man fighting Fellow Igbo just to let him admit that this IGbo is better than this Igbo..Fiaaah

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by chiedozie198100: 12:03am On Aug 23, 2023
For those who don't know, Aba original master plan is one of the best in Nigeria. It was planned like the old Port Harcourt town.

2 Likes

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by SonOfEl(m): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

You are wrong my brother, let's leave it at that
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Theophinio(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20
Umueme:

Passing Osisioma does not necessarily mean you've been in Aba. And saying it out means you haven't been in Aba before. That road runs outside Aba and not through it. Just like saying Asaba has bad roads cos of the express way that doesn't go "through" Asaba is bad.

Aba north secretariat behind Abia poly? Come on, you were most probably in Aba during the time of T.A orji.

Aba-Ph road (federal road) is under contract as far back as 2013 (or 2015??) with Arab contractors to build from Enugu to Port Harcourt. (Don't know why they've been so slow). For internal roads, Ikpeazu really did very well. The only "major road" to be repaired in Aba now is Ph road (not the ph- enugu road).

Ikpeazu tried, Otti would probably do better. But the duo of Orji Uzor Kalu and T.A Orji completely ignored Aba

ICYMI

https://www.nairaland.com/5939661/abia-state-development-thread-pictures

Abia state development thread started in 2020. Rummage through and see more pictures of Aba

Perfect reply

1 Like

Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Theophinio(m): 3:00pm On Jan 20
jmoore:

Enyi a, you are not talking to an outsider. I live in Aba. One side of Aba-ph has been done up to Ariaria junction. Refuse dump are present on the new lanes.

Refuse dump is also present at Faulks road.

Please how much price range can I get a room and parlour self contain in Aba city

Thanks
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Theophinio(m): 3:07pm On Jan 20
mrvitalis:

Aba is so well planed that of you are in one part... U might not leave there for months unless u are traveling

Everything you need is in that area... School, market , hospital, recreational centers... Everything sports centers... There would be absolutely no reason to leave your area zero reason

A

Sir. Please how much price range can I get a room and parlour self contain in Aba City.

Thanks
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by jmoore(m): 3:24pm On Jan 20
Theophinio:

Please how much price range can I get a room and parlour self contain in Aba city

Thanks
150,000 - 200,000 naira
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Theophinio(m): 3:43pm On Jan 20
jmoore:

150,000 - 200,000 naira

Thank you very much sir for your quick response
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Rolings: 4:28pm On Jan 20
Karlman:
Judging from the pictures above as seeing is believing;
Aba is better than Abeokuta, Ekiti,and Oshogbo and Akure!

Only Ibadan can stand up to Aba in SW!

Ibadan and Aba held the unenviable titles of the dirtiest cities in Nigeria for a loooong time. I was ashamed of my Ibadan then until Brother Siaka came and clean the city up
Just like Aba ....the level of hate for Ibadan on nairaland.
Surprisingly the brown roofs ....which Is a subject of mockery by outsiders especially igbos .....is what the indigenes gleefully use to describe their city.... The brown roof city .....and they are proud of it
Re: Aba’s Biggest Problem Is Bad Publicity by Auxtan(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20
Aba's biggest problem is ignorance to their core issues. Like electricity, good roads and orderliness.

If they can fix these issues, I believe generating revenue or advancing the city to a world class level will be one of the least problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie / Fasola's Lekki Estate, Lagos, home of flooding / Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.