Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend (27962 Views)

My Colleague's Hook Up Experience / I am in love with a colleague – but I'm married (pls advice) / I Like My Colleague But Can't Date Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by motionarena: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Then leave her.

Later u go dey cry say women dey cheat

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Ayobeck(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2023
Pls sir consider the other guy heart,that she loves don't be Sunday dagboru..God ll give u,ur own bone,,d story self want to look alike with my babe. I want to marry soon,she also have a close friend that dey do share things together..abeg hope u r not d guy sha...umm heyhey haaaa... 💎🙃

5 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by onadana: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

I have fallen in love with my colleague. She has been so helpful and close to me. We hangout a lot and she creates time for me. She dots me. She is always in a hurry to help and support. If i have a complaint she scampers to look for solution. She buys me lunch and surprises me with snacks and gifts.

I a have a place to go and I impromptu tell her. She volunteers to drive me there. She has a car and I don't. E speak at length every day. Morning and night.

In all this, I reciprocate the gestures. I show her love and respect.

After about a year. I came to the conclusion that I want to date her against my principle of dating colleagues. We once lodged in a hotel where i made my intentions clear. She said she was in a relationship. A distant one but the guy is ready to marry her. He has met her parents.

I know women love to keep their options open to avoid disappointment but i felt betrayed because how is she making out time for me.

I have re-emphasized my interest on two more occasions. She is thinking about it. I feel she wants to go ahead with the marriage plans.

So i have moved on. Cut off consistent communications with her. I rarely respond to her message especially if they are not work related. I have subtly told her that we cannot be having a subtle affair.

She doesn't seem to keep off. She has maintained her fake interest in me.

What do i do?

What do you do? Stay there nah and be friendzoned.It will end up in tears for you.
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by TrainPark: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

I have fallen in love with my colleague. She has been so helpful and close to me. We hangout a lot and she creates time for me. She dots me. She is always in a hurry to help and support. If i have a complaint she scampers to look for solution. She buys me lunch and surprises me with snacks and gifts.

I a have a place to go and I impromptu tell her. She volunteers to drive me there. She has a car and I don't. E speak at length every day. Morning and night.

After about a year. I came to the conclusion that I want to date her against my principle of dating colleagues. We once lodged in a hotel where i made my intentions clear. She said she was in a relationship. A distant one but the guy is ready to marry her. He has met her parents.

I know women love to keep their options open to avoid disappointment but i felt betrayed because how is she making out time for me.

I have re-emphasized my interest on two more occasions. She is thinking about it. I feel she wants to go ahead with the marriage plans.

So i have moved on. Cut off consistent communications with her. I rarely respond to her message especially if they are not work related. I have subtly told her that we cannot be having a subtle affair.

What do i do?

My brother, you don't love anybody... na infatuation.

Just leave her alone and avoid avoidable wahala

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
If you ever think she'd leave an abroad base for someone without a car, toh u are on a wild goose chase.

1. Either she's just being genuinely lenient to you in which if that's the case and u make any funny move, she's going to drift off from you and sees you like every other randy man out there

2. Or due to the distance between she and her abroad guy, she just wants someone to get intimate with but not necessarily a relationship, which will give you access to free sex but hope you can cope with that and won't have any guiltily conscience if even after marriage she still asks you for intimacy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by ibawon(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
You my Friend is knowingly calling on Mr. Trouble
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by FireUpNow(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
Go find your own and stop looking at another man's babe. It's your type that go about fvcking married women and make the women. To loose their happy homes.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Autobot05: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
Play mature and keep those emotions away.
No need for malice

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by phemmyfour: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

Tell her to back off
She's using you as emotional support cos the BF is far off. Immediately they get married and they see each other everyday, she ll forget about you.

Tell her to back off ASAP that you can't stand the emotional torture

1 Like

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by henryadex(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Proverb 9:17,18 stolen waters are sweet and bread eaten in secret but he knoweth not that the dead are there and that her guests are in the depth of hell

1 Like

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by gabbytabby: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
She is telling you she has a boyfriend and does not need another boyfriend.

If you think she is someone you would like to get married to tell her you are ready for this only if you mean it oh and see her reaction. Na so somebody whom I know and she na big woman for Riverstate Politics now her husband (of about 28 years) collect from big boy whey make her fiancé ( for 5 years) but still they collect side chick up and down.

If she is not interested in marriage then you move on for your own emotional well-being.

Poten111:

What do i do?

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Hespee93: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
Instead of you finding a way to in relationship with her, think of a business that can make your future and use her as a means of getting it done since she is always ready to help.

There are things which are better kept the way they are than changing the it.

Use your head not your heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by FreeStuffsNG: 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

It's better to wait for her. If she is yours and you truly love and respect her, that's the best way to fight for her
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Encyclopedia1: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
If she loves u too, collect am. Thinz de happen.
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by zumbigbo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
Love in Naija is a medical condition. When you disclose your symptoms, all of the quacks circle.
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by kokoA(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
If you knack now your eyes go clear.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by leisuretym: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
If I were you, I’ll just be enjoying the platonic friendship like that , how do you intend to date a colleague ? Workplace for that matter! Some ladies have relationships issues and are better maintained as friend only, the moment you started dating them is the moment you start regretting it, because they will definitely switch to defensive mode.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by rickleye: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

🤔hmm - you never clearly said if you did the deed in the hotel. I’ll assume you did.
You certainly are not ready to marry her.
Enjoy the times you have together but do not be a stumbling block to her marriage.
Very few people get to settle down with those they really love. She unfortunately is adding to the statistics. But she will be happy, have kids and life goes on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by rickleye: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2023
henryadex:
Proverb 9:17,18 stolen waters are sweet and bread eaten in secret but he knoweth not that the dead are there and that her guests are in the depth of hell

Been looking for this verse for a while . Thanks
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by CharleyBright(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

Op,
You seem vexed by angrily cutting her off. Soon you will become unjustly antagonistic to her.
That is not necessary.
She is simply being honest and fair to you by telling you she is already in a relationship leading to marriage.
What do you want her to do?
Lie to you that she is unattached and pretend with you?
Or
Cut off a relationship she already is into and get along with you?
Would you like if you are the one she was already on with?
Won't you be the first to come to Nairaland and sing about women being cheats and deceitful.
And by the way, if she is financially stable than you and always the one buying you lunch, why shouldn't we believe you are trying to leach on her and exploit her, and it has nothing to do with you loving her?
Dude, if you genuinely love her as you claim, show it by letting her free and pray destiny smile on you that she naturally break up with her boyfriend and find your love waiting for her.

But if u don't love her and merely want to exploit her, I pray every attempt by you to achieve your misdeed with her will fail over and and over.
Pls say Amen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by UnfairLife7(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Let the lady be and move on with your life. Don't ruin a relationship that is about getting to marriage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Spidermon: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
If she give you, knack. If she makes boundaries clear, keep her as a friend.

Some friends are useful.

4 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by opicgif: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

chief,
in everything you do, be true to yourself
don't lie to yourself

you have been friendzoned. you know it.
deep in your heart, you know she doesnt love you. she was only nice to you and you mistook it for sexual interest.
Poten111:

you couldn't have been close to her, talking morning and night, and didnt know that she has a guy who has met her parents
deep in your heart, you know she said that to keep you away without breaking your heart

Poten111:

stop making excuses for women. did they tell you they love to keep their options open? are you a woman?
she is telling "YOU", if it were another man that she likes romantically, she would go ahead and have sex with him
the problem is "YOU"

Poten111:

STOP!!! stop reemphazing anything. this is how you got friendzoned in the first place!

Poten111:

my brother, you have not moved on. you are pained. And its perfectly alright. so many guys have gone through this. its alright.
don't cut off communication with her. you are colleagues. don't deceive yourself

you are not fucking her, if not you wouldn't have been this pained. you are pained because you have invested time, effort, attention, money,, emotions on her, and YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING BACK. this is the truth.

in life, you win some, you lose some. its not bad. its not the end of the world

Poten111:

What do i do?

move on, pursue other sexual interests, have more friends, dont show her you are jealous when you see her playing with other guys in the office, join them and laugh and play. play with other girls too, in church, at work, in your neighborhood,
this is the most important: DONT SPEND ANY SINGLE RESOURCE ON HER AGAIN.

not time, effort, attention, money, don't do anything for her!!!
dont gist with her for hours at night, you are not a counsellor
dont escort her anywhere, you are not a bodyguard
dont make her laugh, cheer her up at work, you are not a clown
just do your work, smile with her, as you smile with others
laugh with her as you laugh with others
and go home alone

LIVE your life bro
live
we have all been there before

women make rules for people they don't want (i did not say love), and break rules for people they want (again, i did not say love)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by jaxxy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

Are u sleeping with her? she may just want the company till her man comes back to marry and be with her.

Guys do it to. though for a relationship that's heading to marriage I don't subscribe to what she's doing.
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by biggie73(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
You have made your intention known. She is no. Then move on as that good buddies.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Never4getU: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

Its natural my guy but i can bet ny d*ck that she loves u very much but she has something big to gain from her serious relationship which u lacks but she doesn't mind keeping u by the side and can help develop ur life. Trust me, if she has her way, she would marry u because the chemistry u explained is real and dope about ladies who can't resist a man presence. I will advise to keep talking to her but talk mostly about u and her together not minding her relationship. If something happened, it can be a goal vn
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by mylove4God(f): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
What will be will be. If she is for you. You both will one day be together.
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
She wants Bleep, not relationship
Main guy dy far away mayb abroad nd her thing dy itch her she is not firewood.she wants u to help her out before dy main property owner comes back to posses his property.

Its now left 4 u to decide if u can help her out as she has been helping u out all this while.

Note## women CANNOT do something 4 u without having what she will gain.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by opicgif: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
so many years ago
i chased a woman for 4 years
she told me she wants to keep her virginity till she got married
and that she cant marry me because i don't go to her church (she is a strong christian girl)
i believed!!
we stayed celibate for 4 years
she cooked for me
she did everything for me
i thought she loved me

she lost her virginity to a muslim, married man, with two wives, who wasn't a graduate !!!
1. a muslim
2. a married man
3. who had 2 wives
4. wasn't a graduate

guess who she called to cry about breaking her vow?? guess who?

this was 2010. that was how i learnt my own lesson
your own is small

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by extol1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Poten111:

What do i do?

If you want to do anything with a woman, always I repeat always remember what happened to Greenwood of Man united. Fear that gender
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by winner37(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
Wait , are you ready to settle down or you just want to hit and run ?
At first let her know your feelings towards her ,she might not be on a serious date .. she might even love you but feels shy to say it out but you as a men make a move and express your feelings ..good luck!!
Re: I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend by extol1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
opicgif:
so many years ago
i chased a woman for 4 years
she told me she wants to keep her virginity till she got married
and that she cant marry me because i don't go to her church (she is a strong christian girl)
i believed!!
we stayed celibate for 4 years
she cooked for me
she did everything for me
i thought she loved me

she lost her virginity to a muslim, married man, with two wives, who wasn't a graduate !!!
1. a muslim
2. a married man
3. who had 2 wives
4. wasn't a graduate

guess who she called to cry about breaking her vow?? guess who?

this was 2010. that was how i learnt my own lesson
your own is small
Kia, what a bitter experience. I fear those gender

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Prank Your Girlfriend This Valentine. (guys Only) / Ride On Linda Ikeji! You Are On Point. / Lies You Told Your Parents In The Name Of Love(teens Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.