Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? (34228 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Goodman2023: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:
Business. 6M can give birth to 60-100M in a year. I'm not sharing my Intel. And I'm not asking for investors. We dey build on a steady beat wink
..it is not guaranteed
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Greenfaces: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

I don't help again. Make we.all dey wicked dey go. Me sef too nor find help here
abeg go sut down bros. You no get any strategy na wash. Na peppersoup and beer parlour business full your head. Stop doing shakara. Help your self make we hear word.

5 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Ashirioluwa: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:
Business. 6M can give birth to 60-100M in a year. I'm not sharing my Intel. And I'm not asking for investors. We dey build on a steady beat wink

Yes, that's true. For a viable business, you can double your investment within a year.

You can also lose it all within one year. This is Nigeria; nothing is guaranteed in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by TheOldGods: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Lagos state looks colorful today thanks to the accumulation of very low funds put together. If Cadbury can produce sweets and sell for 25 Naira, Unilever tea bags for 20 Naira, Bama satchet mayonnaise for 100 Naira. Then who are you to claim you're above. Just suit yourself IJN. Keep your perspectives off my mentions

Mr. Posh. Clear off my mentions.
are you a child? Maybe you need to learn more. You're comparing a billionaire dollar company to a start-up. Can you compete with cardbury with 6 million naira? You won't last 6 months and you're down to 0. That's why all of you fail in business, people go into business without doing proper evaluation. No, go and compete with indomie, after all they sell their noodles 200 naira, that's cheap right, let me see if you can stay 3months. Only cost of registration and payment of tax will gup half of that money. We are not even talking about running ads and bringing products into market

4 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 11:59am On Aug 22, 2023
TheOldGods:
are you a child? Maybe you need to learn more. You're comparing a billionaire dollar company to a start-up. Can you compete with cardbury with 6 million naira? You won't last 6 months and you're down to 0. That's why all of you fail in business, people go into business without doing proper evaluation. No, go and compete with indomie, after all they sell their noodles 200 naira, that's cheap right, let me see if you can stay 3months. Only cost of registration and payment of tax will gup half of that money. We are not even talking about running ads and bringing products into market

Go and sit down. I've setup over 20 productive and profitable enterprises lazy Nigerians

Why you're in Nigeria you.blame and whine

When you're abroad you're forced to work.

Mentally lazy people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2023
Japa

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Geminiivory:

Why not sell your ideas and get paid for them. I don't support the idea of free services. People do never value you if you continue this way. It ll end up in use and dump scenarios.. I speak from experience.. They only value you when they pay dearly for your services

I agree. I've resolved not to sell ideas or pitch them to people cause the clime we are ideas are not too valued. So I brainstorm implement and document them while I do the ones I can

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Ofunaofu: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Where's your shrine located, Baba?

You got the scoop
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zion243:

Poor mentality

Poverty don ruin your reasoning. Na ordinary 6m wan make you run comot Naija. Money wey no fit buy 2 Corolla.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by bigtt76(f): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
This your gaslighting format nor go work cheesy

Wodu89:
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
fastseo:

via school and plus outstanding 15m.

uk
Ok bro.. do you know about Canada?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by tnerro1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
Single-japa
Married- open a business

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by olumaxi(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
J A P A
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by LOVEGINO(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:
na dept go kee u.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by maaji: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Bro u are a business oriented guy. I too own a viewing center in a remote village. I need more business idea. Give me digits
Wodu89:

Don't downgrade 6M. I'm sure you can't gift it out. With investment of 6M in ordinary polythene (nylon) retailing, after a year one would have made 300-500% ROI. The issues is people with capacity think some businesses are too dirty and do not think in the direction at all

6M can establish multiple pos centres

6M will setup multiple viewing centres

Drink depot's

Wholesale distributorship

Food joints or canteens

Pepper soup relaxation joint

Convenient stores

Etc

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by zeestone99(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business

I won't advise u to start A business. U can invest in an already growing business. This country keeps pushing policies that kills business.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
maaji:
Bro u are a business oriented guy. I too own a viewing center in a remote village. I need more business idea. Give me digits

I'm in the rural area too. Hahahaha you've also decoded the secret o. Rurals is massive gold mine
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Karemarealty288(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Which business will yield such in today's Nigeria...abeg shift.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

As I respect mehn like you and Mr pascal who are positively charged and minded allow me share a few ideas

There's a few reasons many big mehn in Nigeria fail in business and when they fail they begin to broadcast their failures discouraging other people.

Permit me to share some business views

One. A bug man would invest say 20M in a business, make it elaborate then most of the services or goods in that case would retail anywhere between 1M to 10M etc. This is far away from what 80% of consumers would be able to buy. Meaning it's beyond the league of so many people. What this means in the reverse is that the business owner is also deprived of ptsronage of atleast 80% of possible humans it can come.in contact with

To then do.business, the Chinese principle.of.modern.day business success applies. Which is invest very large funds in business to.produce extremely low priced items in such a way that it can be produced in bulk as bulk goods sold on a massive scale and bring daily earnings

Unlike the big man worried about cements, rods, factory, diesel costs,.engine costs, repairs. This business man doesn't struggle with all these inhibitions. He has the entire country as his potential client because the patronage costs is very cheap.

Follow my train of thought

So,.when the average Nigerian elite does business, he's thinking big posh and looking up. Because he assumes business is about good looks, the apperanace of being big and big mannism.

The other business guy that succeeds looks downwards instead. I.e what can I supply to get so and so that when multiplied across bulk numbers would give me big figures.

So, understanding the masses, purchasing power, buyers need, market forces, it's better to go for businesses that offers low priced.items.i.e 100 Naira and then sell so fat in such a way that hundreds of thousands cam be sold than for me to import a nuisance car to sell and make 800,000 Naira profit.

So I will never.import equipment cars build big buildings to look big but rather look for how to grab the 100 Naira from the masses and collect it in vast amounts. How do you think Lagos generated IGR and the whole country copied the model

As of this year, Seyi Makinde has been collecting 200-400 Naira per day from okada to tricycle. It's what it used in paying salaries of teachers and co in Oyo state. Go and find out

So, the key to business is first sustainability before profitability. Many car companies have cars who's colors have tainted because it's not regular. But not for the 100-500 Naira businesses. So with all these I can do these things with 6 Million Naira.

1. Garri Pocessing Mill

Wit a garri processing mill, let the farmers do the labour and hard work. I'll just share my contact.once they have for sale I buy. If I'm.crasy enough I can buy at a particular time and leave for two months to increase its size and earn more.income.

Now the golden key is not the business but the strategy. I'll simply get sealed.nylons and package the garri in 100 Naira units. If I multiple it in per the quantity I can get per ton. I can scaleup increase my marketing base get Korope to get a marketing team to supply tons of supermarkets, abokis, convenience stores.

And with multiplier effects I can take in atleast 20-25 M per annum with the just 6M.investment

I've managed businesses for people who kept using me till I stopped so I know my gun

2. Plantain and Potatop chips

I can setup automatic deep fryers in an open space. Again get sealable nylons for 100 Naira units and begin to source for.plaints across the entire country. From akwaibom to Bayelsa to Port Harcourt to Edo. I'll buy, the machine washes,peels l, fry's and seals.

Simple. I supply aboki.

People use fried plantains to replace meats. Go to the trenches.and find out. I've done this before and was raking 10k per day

3. Hibiscus

I can bulk buy zobo leaves in bulk per.ton from the north. Setup processing units that will boil, cool, mix and bottle. With preservatives thesedays zobo cam stay up to 20 days supooy across various supermarkets and I make my money

4. Ice block

Ice block.consumes diesel but with proper planning there's high prospects for profits. I simply buy a chilling truck produce in large quantities and my driver's drives through cities supplying. The chilling truck preserves it's temperature and as a result, one can be supplying blocks for hours and it won't melt.

5. Drink depot is there

This one doesn't need stress
Just enter into dealership with beverages companies. They load and.i sell to make 50-100 Naira profits. I buy in mad quantities and make profits

I can setup viewing centres with chilling bar and car wash. Entertainers, comedians etc come and I play music use to sell beer pepper soup and boom business is moving.

For.goodness sakes.lets.stop.disvrediting this country for heaven sakes. I don't ask for investment

I am building myself. But I hate when we critique the country to death

Good stuff. You could have charged 10k per head for a seminar and people would know they got their monies worth. Good stuff.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
kay29000:

Good stuff. You could have charged 10k per head for a seminar and people would know they got their monies worth. Good stuff.

True. Hmm

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Spiff20(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
if you are not business oriented you will lose that money. My best friends dad has a nylon making factory. No think say na novice we be here. More businesses fail than succeed in Nigeria
and there's no guarantee that Japa will be successful. I've seen so many people stranded in the UK, wishing to return even flight ticket they don't have. So make everybody rest. Business and Japa are two risks, anyone you choose, let the gods of time and chance guide you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by spiceadole: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
Japa!

If I had not left Nigeria when I did,all my efforts would have been to japa..

So japa ,it will be.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by BackFromBalablu: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
With 6m
seriously. Down here in imo state would rent a whole well equipped plaza, with about ten shop outlets. Close to a T junction of a highway with huge change remaining.
Bt nigeria is a very unpredictive country. Just like that your whole money is gone.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by maaji: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
How can I contact you man. I finished my university 9 years ago. No work. I have been running different business. Sell water. Sell cold pure water. So on and so forth. Na him I use marry. I fare better than some ofmy colleagues sef.

Pls let me have your contact. I want to show the world that without government jobs you go Makam BIG.

YOUR NUMBER PLS
Wodu89:

As I respect mehn like you and Mr pascal who are positively charged and minded allow me share a few ideas

There's a few reasons many big mehn in Nigeria fail in business and when they fail they begin to broadcast their failures discouraging other people.

Permit me to share some business views

One. A bug man would invest say 20M in a business, make it elaborate then most of the services or goods in that case would retail anywhere between 1M to 10M etc. This is far away from what 80% of consumers would be able to buy. Meaning it's beyond the league of so many people. What this means in the reverse is that the business owner is also deprived of ptsronage of atleast 80% of possible humans it can come.in contact with

To then do.business, the Chinese principle.of.modern.day business success applies. Which is invest very large funds in business to.produce extremely low priced items in such a way that it can be produced in bulk as bulk goods sold on a massive scale and bring daily earnings

Unlike the big man worried about cements, rods, factory, diesel costs,.engine costs, repairs. This business man doesn't struggle with all these inhibitions. He has the entire country as his potential client because the patronage costs is very cheap.

Follow my train of thought

So,.when the average Nigerian elite does business, he's thinking big posh and looking up. Because he assumes business is about good looks, the apperanace of being big and big mannism.

The other business guy that succeeds looks downwards instead. I.e what can I supply to get so and so that when multiplied across bulk numbers would give me big figures.

So, understanding the masses, purchasing power, buyers need, market forces, it's better to go for businesses that offers low priced.items.i.e 100 Naira and then sell so fat in such a way that hundreds of thousands cam be sold than for me to import a nuisance car to sell and make 800,000 Naira profit.

So I will never.import equipment cars build big buildings to look big but rather look for how to grab the 100 Naira from the masses and collect it in vast amounts. How do you think Lagos generated IGR and the whole country copied the model

As of this year, Seyi Makinde has been collecting 200-400 Naira per day from okada to tricycle. It's what it used in paying salaries of teachers and co in Oyo state. Go and find out

So, the key to business is first sustainability before profitability. Many car companies have cars who's colors have tainted because it's not regular. But not for the 100-500 Naira businesses. So with all these I can do these things with 6 Million Naira.

1. Garri Pocessing Mill

Wit a garri processing mill, let the farmers do the labour and hard work. I'll just share my contact.once they have for sale I buy. If I'm.crasy enough I can buy at a particular time and leave for two months to increase its size and earn more.income.

Now the golden key is not the business but the strategy. I'll simply get sealed.nylons and package the garri in 100 Naira units. If I multiple it in per the quantity I can get per ton. I can scaleup increase my marketing base get Korope to get a marketing team to supply tons of supermarkets, abokis, convenience stores.

And with multiplier effects I can take in atleast 20-25 M per annum with the just 6M.investment

I've managed businesses for people who kept using me till I stopped so I know my gun

2. Plantain and Potatop chips

I can setup automatic deep fryers in an open space. Again get sealable nylons for 100 Naira units and begin to source for.plaints across the entire country. From akwaibom to Bayelsa to Port Harcourt to Edo. I'll buy, the machine washes,peels l, fry's and seals.

Simple. I supply aboki.

People use fried plantains to replace meats. Go to the trenches.and find out. I've done this before and was raking 10k per day

3. Hibiscus

I can bulk buy zobo leaves in bulk per.ton from the north. Setup processing units that will boil, cool, mix and bottle. With preservatives thesedays zobo cam stay up to 20 days supooy across various supermarkets and I make my money

4. Ice block

Ice block.consumes diesel but with proper planning there's high prospects for profits. I simply buy a chilling truck produce in large quantities and my driver's drives through cities supplying. The chilling truck preserves it's temperature and as a result, one can be supplying blocks for hours and it won't melt.

5. Drink depot is there

This one doesn't need stress
Just enter into dealership with beverages companies. They load and.i sell to make 50-100 Naira profits. I buy in mad quantities and make profits

I can setup viewing centres with chilling bar and car wash. Entertainers, comedians etc come and I play music use to sell beer pepper soup and boom business is moving.

For.goodness sakes.lets.stop.disvrediting this country for heaven sakes. I don't ask for investment

I am building myself. But I hate when we critique the country to death
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by IbnIbrahim: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

I will start a business.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
maaji:
How can I contact you man. I finished my university 9 years ago. No work. I have been running different business. Sell water. Sell cold pure water. So on and so forth. Na him I use marry. I fare better than some ofmy colleagues sef.

Pls let me have your contact. I want to show the world that without government jobs you go Makam BIG.

YOUR NUMBER PLS

My contact is on my signature. Check
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Spiff20(m): 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
To each his own. I've not seen successful people doing well in Nigeria think or talk about Japa. It's most those struggling. The goal is to be successful. When you're successful in whatever you do, Japa will be like strolling to your backyard. This Japa mentality is truly a lowdown. Strive to be the best of who you are and you can travel to any country you want. And who told you everyone is suffering in Naija. 200 million people and you conclude. Give me that 6m and I'll first invest, go through the struggle of watching the business rise and succeed, then travel the hell I want as a king not to wait tables for the colonial masters that enslaved my forbears. I'm sure they'll be groaning in their graves each time we return to be enslaved by their masters.

4 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Imotman(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
Almost a no brainer! It's relocation straight
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Don't downgrade 6M. I'm sure you can't gift it out. With investment of 6M in ordinary polythene (nylon) retailing, after a year one would have made 300-500% ROI. The issues is people with capacity think some businesses are too dirty and do not think in the direction at all

6M can establish multiple pos centres

6M will setup multiple viewing centres

Drink depot's

Wholesale distributorship

Food joints or canteens

Pepper soup relaxation joint

Convenient stores

Etc

You absolutely have no idea of what u r talking about.
From what u put up there you have never done a business in Nigeria before.
Today's 6mill is like 600k of yesterday.
Leave Nigeria as soon as u have the opportunity to leave bro, run away.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Olam09(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:

I'll invest the money on my business..
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Dreament(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:

opening a business is very risky this days considering that huge amount of money. The issues is not about opening a business but the locations and the Target market. In my environment where 500k used to open a big business way back, that six million wouldn't go anywhere in other to compete with those that already gained ground in that same business you wish to open these days in my area

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? / Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.