Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? (44926 Views)

What's The Biggest worth of gift you've ever got, And Why? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? / What's The Craziest And Out-of-character Thing You've Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by workchopNG: 4:29am On Aug 23, 2023
I don't know if this is the right section for this topic, but then, since it's about relationship/friendship, I decided to post it here.

So, I read a rumour of how a young girl who scored 9 As in her WAEC result was poisoned to death. I can't confirm the authenticity of that story, but it took me to memory lane... Maybe, it was her best friend that poisoned her to death out of jealousy. That led me to create this thread.

Back to the topic. β€œIt is better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington.

I had my taste of a very bad friendship which lasted for more than 10 years. We met in school (higher institution). He approached me during my first few weeks in school, and we became friends.

He had some good sides, but the bad sides makes me question the good ones. We study and sit together during exam. We share answers codedly in hall, but I'm now thinking he might have been giving me the wrong answers while I was busy supplying him with the right ones.

All of this guy's effort was to have a better result than mine, and to make over 3.0 CGPA which he eventually succeeded at. There are times I could've gotten an A in some of my courses including a carryover, but this guy blocked it and have me got a C. I don't want to go into details.

Many things happened between us until few years ago when he referred me for a job, I got the job and was made the manager. The same company employed him a month later as a line manager. This is where he couldn't hide his true colour anymore and started being a thorn in my flesh in our work place.

Apparently he was pained that he referred me and I got a higher pay and position than he got. After many years of friendship, it was then I found out how dangerous that guy can be. I had to cut off that friendship few months into the job, and I'm never ready to have anything to do with that guy in my life again.

It's surprising how the same guy you dine with, drink with, party with, even travel to their hometown and sleep for days, has always been in competition with you without your knowledge. Such a person can kill out of jealousy.

We have to be careful of the kind of people we keep as friends. The funny thing is that I'm not even the best student while in school, why competing with me instead of the best students? Abi first class no dey sweet you Some people are perhaps and furthermore πŸ˜‚πŸ€£, even notwithstanding. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Una good morning o jare

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Chibuzoripob: 4:46am On Aug 23, 2023
sad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 23, 2023
I don't believe in friendship or trust people anymore. I use to be so carefree and very generous till I learnt my lessons the very hard way.
My mom is my best friend and gist partner, any other friend is an acquaintance and they know it.

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by MrsTwrite(f): 5:29am On Aug 23, 2023
Na poor people dey keep friends. lipsrsealed

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:29am On Aug 23, 2023
sad These days, making friends should be out of the equation, because it's those close to you that will betray or kill you.Robbers that attack people either in their homes or on the way to banks are often not random ones,but sent by FRIENDS, likewise many cases of kidnap and blackmail.
Never trust any FRIEND at all and always be on your guard.Never share your secrets with any friend, whatsoever,keep them with you, and also don't share vital information about your business, financial status, sources of finances with any FRIEND.
FRIENDS will surprise you when you least expect it, and they can be more dangerous than an open enemy.Unfortunately so many people are very careless over these things,too open for their safety and too trusting, gullible and undiscerning.
That is why they often experience unexpected betrayals from FRIENDS.
If you must have a friend,pray to God about it.Only He can give a real friend,one that would go all the way out to ensure your well-being.
It is also FRIENDS that snatch people's spouses, defile their young daughters,organise assassinations on them, frame them up in workplaces and homes.
When a FRIEND is jealous of you,he or she can go any length or do anything to bring you down,no matter what it takes.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:35am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I don't believe in friendship or trust people anymore. I use to be so carefree and very generous till I learnt my lessons the very hard way.
My mom is my best friend and gist partner, any other friend is an acquaintance and they know it.
It's better for you, because friends are more dangerous than an open enemy.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Matix222: 6:01am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:

You day sleep atttol? All around the clock you are on NL

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 23, 2023
Matix222:

You day sleep atttol? All around the clock you are in NL
I sleep early and wake early.
Early to bed, early to rise.

14 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Matix222: 6:11am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I sleep early and wake early.
Early to bird, early to rise.

Hmmm I pray so cuz I don day suspect you πŸ€”

14 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by brain54(m): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2023
OP I take it you don’t want to go into details…

So I will leave it at that.

As for your topic most times this is caused by unnecessary competition and jealousy.

I tolerate a lot in relationships with friends/people. But the one thing I can never adapt to or accept is jealousy.

Immediately I get a hint of it I cut the person of and discard him like a piece of trash. No matter how close I was with the person.

I understand people aren’t perfect. Everyone have short comings but a jealous and envious person can go to any length to harm or work against someone. I don’t want such people around me.

I fear a jealous person more than anything!

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2023
cheesy
My dear nigha of back then...

My roomie,way back in poly....

A promiscuous nigha cheesy

I can't forget back in 2013 when this nigha came home around 11p.m with 8 bannies..... Claiming they attended a birthday party and since it was already late,so he decided to offer them accomodation till the following morning....

Funniest thing was that that was the first time I prepared banga soup......Na so these bannies chop my banga soup finish,come still push me comot from my bed that night......

Las las,my Nigha ended up doing shiit that night cheesy. While I slept-on foolishly angry

In the morning,I called my friend when the bannies have left....I warned him never to repeat the rubbish he did the previous night. ..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by MrAgbako: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2023
Truth is before you do your worst me I don move or japa and leave the friendship undecided.

Nah from clap dance dey start.
A little disrespect and backbiting here and there is enough to warn me to stay away from such person. Now I don't keep friends anymore. I prefer colleagues, business partners or neighbors. Make everybody dey their class and lane abeg

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Baronthecelebri: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2023
Some friends are bad, but I've not experience betrayal,my mom have experience it alot, I learn from that.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Ozommadu: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2023
Hehehe, no be same thing Ebola did to elrufai after allocating hundreds of thousands of votes to him against kaduna people's will??

The guy na Agbado ur.chin, nothing more nothing less

Dey play...underestimate Apc people at ur own peril

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Skillsnigeria: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by fabolouz1(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2023
Move on with your life.
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Chibuzoc(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2023
cool
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Deeprooted: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2023
grin
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by phemmyfour: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:
I don't know if this is the right section for this topic, but then, since it's about relationship/friendship, I decided to post it here.

So, I read a rumour of how a young girl who scored 9 As in her WAEC result was poisoned to death. I can't confirm the authenticity of that story, but it took me to memory lane... Maybe, it was her best friend that poisoned her to death out of jealousy. That led me to create this thread.

Back to the topic. β€œIt is better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington.

I had my taste of a very bad friendship which lasted for more than 10 years. We met in school (higher institution). He approached me during my first few weeks in school, and we became friends.

He had some good sides, but the bad sides makes me question the good ones. We study and sit together during exam. We share answers codedly in hall, but I'm now thinking he might have been giving me the wrong answers while I was busy supplying him with the right ones.

All of this guy's effort was to have a better result than mine, and to make over 3.0 CGPA which he eventually succeeded at. There are times I could've gotten an A in some of my courses including a carryover, but this guy blocked it and have me got a C. I don't want to go into details.

Many things happened between us until few years ago when he referred me for a job, I got the job and was made the manager. The same company employed him a month later as a line manager. This is where he couldn't hide his true colour anymore and started being a thorn in my flesh in our work place.

Apparently he was pained that he referred me and I got a higher pay and position than he got. After many years of friendship, it was then I found out how dangerous that guy can be. I had to cut off that friendship few months into the job, and I'm never ready to have anything to do with that guy in my life again.

It's surprising how the same guy you dine with, drink with, party with, even travel to their hometown and sleep for days, has always been in competition with you without your knowledge. Such a person can kill out of jealousy.

We have to be careful of the kind of people we keep as friends. The funny thing is that I'm not even the best student while in school, why competing with me instead of the best students? Abi first class no dey sweet you Some people are perhaps and furthermore πŸ˜‚πŸ€£, even notwithstanding. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Una good morning o jare

20 children cannot play together for 20 years.

In a workplace, you are all COLLEAGUES. Nobody is your friend. Do your work, mind your business and go home.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by BabaOfLagos: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2023
If you read the book 48 laws of power.

Law 46 says and I quote "NEVER APPEAR TOO PERFECT".

Appearing better than others is always dangerous,

but most dangerous of all is to appear to have no faults or weaknesses.

Envy creates silent enemies.

It is smart to occasionally display defects, and admit to harmless vices, in order to deflect envy and appear more human and approachable.

Only gods and the dead can seem perfect with impunity.

I don't know you OP, but this applies to you.

I urge men here to search and join IAJ ONLINE on telegram or Twitter.

Learn the laws that governs the nature of mankind and live by it.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nice2023(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2023
;Dy
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Ttipsy(f): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Na poor people dey keep friends. lipsrsealed
how

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by flexyrule(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Dear OP,

Better luck next time.

As for me, I don't have friends, I have family!

If you listen to Raps, then this Kendrid Lamar song would give you a better understanding of my type of family.

Average Joe - Kendrick Lamar

Lyrics

The hardest thing for me to do
Is to get you, to know me, within sixteen bars
That's the hardest thing

Who is K. Dot? A young nigga from Compton
On the curb writing raps next to a gun shot
On the corners where the gangsters and the killers dwell
The fraudulent tender scars that get unveiled
Everyone I knew was either crip or piru
Cousins in elementary, relatives in high school
With that being said, each one of their rivals
Was aiming something at my head, I needed survival
Got jumped, got jacked, shot at, shot back
And I don't even push a line, I'm just tryna push these rhymes
In the midst of staying neutral and discrete
My momma said you're judged by the company you keep
But what you can consider, that if it goes down
They'll kill you if you kill me, it gets deep nigga
So if you ask what I'm doing
I'm tryna duck the influence of my city that's brewing, real talk, and

This is why they Bleep with me (real talk nigga, believe it)
This is why they Bleep with me (do what I do, y'know?)
I'm no gangster, no killer, I'm just your average Joe (know that)
But one thing you should consider, I'm the realest you know

Verse 2
I was walking from Centennial
When an unidentified vehicle rolled up, and I was like hol' up
Where you from? "I don't bang"
Where you stay? "Westside", that's a Piru gang to be exact
Well aware they had blue across they hat
Dropped backpack and ran inside of the cul-de-sac
Shots rang out, hoping to God I wasn't wet
Crossed to cross Rosecrans and ran inside of the yet
Chirped the homies on the I-95, they said they already knew
What happened, and meet 'em outside the garage
Never seen that many guns in my life
I was paranoid like a fiend in the night, but needed revenge
Grabbed the nine-ball, opened up the door, then got in
Somebody said fall back, we gon' make these niggas suffer
You my brother like a frat, and that's just to remind you
Thought about that so long I had failed my finals, Bleep, but

This is why they Bleep with me (I told you nigga)
This is why they Bleep with me (you fake nigga)
I'm no gangster, no killer, I'm just your average Joe (you fake)

Verse 3
I don't do black music, I don't do white music
I do everyday life music
Give 'em cuts like a nigga pierced a knife through it
You say you through, but I've been through it, now that's cold
And this is for my county building children
In Hub City on hubcaps, no power-steering
I use perseverance in this mad city
Where the niggas drink Remy and hold semis for cutthroats
Bernie Mac died, it's no joke
Don't ask why if you don't know about these killers and thieves
Seven grams of weed, you smoke that, but I'm high off life
I could fall out the sky like twice
And land in the land of the AKs
And the minivans where the fan never on
Cause it's hotter than a lunatic's underarms in a straitjacket
In other words, we get it cracking, but I keep it cool, you know?

This is why they Bleep with me
This is why they Bleep with me (real talk)
I'm no gangster, no killer, I'm just your average Joe (come on)

So there you have it
But I'mma leave you with this
An O.G. once told me
A real gangster is either dead or in jail
Or behind the scenes getting real money
I'm gone

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by PrettyRX: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Reason why I don't believe in close friendship or bestie shenanigans. Everyman for himself, God for us all. The days are evil grin

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Hezzyluv: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Me me na werey wey no dey kukuma keep friends.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Starships4u(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

After reading through,
OP Mr Manager, please is there a vacancy I could fill up in yhur place of work?

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Ttipsy(f): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

maybe your attitude
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by 22o62021: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Elvis
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by jmoore(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2023
No one will say he's the bad guy here. Everyone claiming to be the good guy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by LegallyBlunt: 11:41am On Aug 23, 2023
I've seen this before on Nairaland. Probably fake.
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by pongwa(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

I think you are the bad friend. He referring you for the job you are enjoying higher pay means he is a true friend. If he doesn't want the best for you he wouldn't do that. You have wronged a good person, you better restitute or Γ¨lse karma is gonna knock at your door soon

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Oldest Woman In Obio Akpor, LGA Rivers State. She Is 134 Years (Photos) / Recent Photo Of Little Girl With The Popular Meme / Chinese Man Punches Nigerian Man Who Bashed His Car In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.