Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? (44999 Views)

What's The Biggest worth of gift you've ever got, And Why? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? / What's The Craziest And Out-of-character Thing You've Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by nepapole(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2023
Everybody on this thread is talking about people being bad.

Who come be the bad people self?

17 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Greystone: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Na poor people dey keep friends. lipsrsealed

Very true.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by soccerlite: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2023
That's human 4 you

People controlled by carnality

Go watch the Korean film "crash course in romance,"
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Kinglimestone: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2023
T
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by judedwriter(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2023
That's life...

True friends are rare when you are successful.

Some want to pull you down by all means and yet they smile at you as if all is well.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Kenmatt(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:
I don't know if this is the right section for this topic, but then, since it's about relationship/friendship, I decided to post it here.

So, I read a rumour of how a young girl who scored 9 As in her WAEC result was poisoned to death. I can't confirm the authenticity of that story, but it took me to memory lane... Maybe, it was her best friend that poisoned her to death out of jealousy. That led me to create this thread.

Back to the topic. β€œIt is better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington.

I had my taste of a very bad friendship which lasted for more than 10 years. We met in school (higher institution). He approached me during my first few weeks in school, and we became friends.

He had some good sides, but the bad sides makes me question the good ones. We study and sit together during exam. We share answers codedly in hall, but I'm now thinking he might have been giving me the wrong answers while I was busy supplying him with the right ones.

All of this guy's effort was to have a better result than mine, and to make over 3.0 CGPA which he eventually succeeded at. There are times I could've gotten an A in some of my courses including a carryover, but this guy blocked it and have me got a C. I don't want to go into details.

Many things happened between us until few years ago when he referred me for a job, I got the job and was made the manager. The same company employed him a month later as a line manager. This is where he couldn't hide his true colour anymore and started being a thorn in my flesh in our work place.

Apparently he was pained that he referred me and I got a higher pay and position than he got. After many years of friendship, it was then I found out how dangerous that guy can be. I had to cut off that friendship few months into the job, and I'm never ready to have anything to do with that guy in my life again.

It's surprising how the same guy you dine with, drink with, party with, even travel to their hometown and sleep for days, has always been in competition with you without your knowledge. Such a person can kill out of jealousy.

We have to be careful of the kind of people we keep as friends. The funny thing is that I'm not even the best student while in school, why competing with me instead of the best students? Abi first class no dey sweet you Some people are perhaps and furthermore πŸ˜‚πŸ€£, even notwithstanding. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Una good morning o jare

I didn't read it all.

But I also had a share of these so called Wolves in Sheep's form.

I am a Property agent, there is a friend of mine, we were too close that we drink Beer 🍻 together, eat together, visit each other's house often, chill out with our friends both males and females, watch Football and all that.

He is also into the same business with me, one day he brought a Client that wanted to buy a Property, I showed him one which is very good, I took him to the owner of the Property, we all exchanged number, at the long run, his Client could not buy the same Property again due to few things beyond his control.

A year later, my Phone spoilt, I had a Client that wanted to buy this same Property, I called this my friend to send to me that Man 's number, this is the Man I took him to, that I can't trace his number due to my spoilt Phone, he still has the number, but till today he refused to send the number to me, so that I cannot do the business and make a fortune.

To the praise of God, I got the number from another source and I sold that Property. I didn't even want to tell him anything, any time he comes around me, I will pretend all is well while I made a reasonable sum of money from that transaction.

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by money121(m): 11:46am On Aug 23, 2023
Thank God for life
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by ZaddyJ: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:
I don't know if this is the right section for this topic, but then, since it's about relationship/friendship, I decided to post it here.

So, I read a rumour of how a young girl who scored 9 As in her WAEC result was poisoned to death. I can't confirm the authenticity of that story, but it took me to memory lane... Maybe, it was her best friend that poisoned her to death out of jealousy. That led me to create this thread.

Back to the topic. β€œIt is better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington.

I had my taste of a very bad friendship which lasted for more than 10 years. We met in school (higher institution). He approached me during my first few weeks in school, and we became friends.

He had some good sides, but the bad sides makes me question the good ones. We study and sit together during exam. We share answers codedly in hall, but I'm now thinking he might have been giving me the wrong answers while I was busy supplying him with the right ones.

All of this guy's effort was to have a better result than mine, and to make over 3.0 CGPA which he eventually succeeded at. There are times I could've gotten an A in some of my courses including a carryover, but this guy blocked it and have me got a C. I don't want to go into details.

Many things happened between us until few years ago when he referred me for a job, I got the job and was made the manager. The same company employed him a month later as a line manager. This is where he couldn't hide his true colour anymore and started being a thorn in my flesh in our work place.

Apparently he was pained that he referred me and I got a higher pay and position than he got. After many years of friendship, it was then I found out how dangerous that guy can be. I had to cut off that friendship few months into the job, and I'm never ready to have anything to do with that guy in my life again.

It's surprising how the same guy you dine with, drink with, party with, even travel to their hometown and sleep for days, has always been in competition with you without your knowledge. Such a person can kill out of jealousy.

We have to be careful of the kind of people we keep as friends. The funny thing is that I'm not even the best student while in school, why competing with me instead of the best students? Abi first class no dey sweet you Some people are perhaps and furthermore πŸ˜‚πŸ€£, even notwithstanding. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Una good morning o jare

This your story is similar to a friend-enemy who I ones worked with some 5yrs ago. Hes always being in competition with as though anything I set to do at work is first to start and finish , hes the first person to tell I bought woman television πŸ€”.
In the end I quit the job so he can continue with it

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by NOwazobia: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I don't believe in friendship or trust people anymore. I use to be so carefree and very generous till I learnt my lessons the very hard way.
My mom is my best friend and gist partner, any other friend is an acquaintance and they know it.
You are even a danger to yourself, and your friends or colleagues should be the ones to be careful of you, if you have any. tongue

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Lance008(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

He hate you bro that's not competition
To hell with fake friend
If I talk my own nairalanders no go believe me

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by midehi2(f): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I sleep early and wake early.
Early to bird, early to rise.
No be only bird, undecided awo-oshi

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by NOwazobia: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
My dear nigha of back then...

My roomie,way back in poly....

A promiscuous nigha cheesy

I can't forget back in 2013 when this nigha came home around 11p.m with 8 bannies..... Claiming they attended a birthday party and since it was already late,so he decided to offer them accomodation till the following morning....

Funniest thing was that that was the first time I prepared banga soup......Na so these bannies chop my banga soup finish,come still push me comot from my bed that night......

Las las,my Nigha ended up doing shiit that night cheesy. While I slept-on foolishly angry

In the morning,I called my friend when the bannies have left....I warned him never to repeat the rubbish he did the previous night. ..
My personality won't even let such type of friends cross my part, let alone experiencing their shit.

Our personalities has a lot to do with the type of people around us.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by free2ryhme: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

this never happened
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by AllBlack: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I sleep early and wake early.
Early to bird, early to rise.

school na scam.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by seniorgozman(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I don't believe in friendship or trust people anymore. I use to be so carefree and very generous till I learnt my lessons the very hard way.
My mom is my best friend and gist partner, any other friend is an acquaintance and they know it.
The same thing happened to me, I learnt my lesson the hard way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2023
midehi2:

No be only bird, undecided awo-oshi
Oniro oshi couldn't detect typo error.
Losers are always very paranoid
Obidients are cowards
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Bfly: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2023
It is natural in human. The fact that you are considering this thing without his awareness is evident that you have same tendency. You are just favoured.
It is part of human nature. He might not have been able to deal with that part of his life. so is you.
Don't judge anyone base on it. He was not the reason you got C instead of A. He couldn't have blocked shit.

He could have decided not to recommend a job for you. If he wanted your downfall.

He will also tell his other friends how you started disrespecting him after He got you a better position.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Acesexcell(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

it's the same thing I am passing through at the moment, an office couleague and a neighbor who use to be close to me before I got married had now turn to be someone else. After I got married......People said, it's because his wife has been unable to conceive all this while. But I am not in anyway competing with him.
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2023
seniorgozman:

The same thing happened to me, I learnt my lesson the hard way.
I can't even begin to narrate here because I have enemies on this forum. But trusting people is a hard thing for these days, any little shake I'll run away.
Enemies disguised as friends everywhere
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Tamakay(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:

See my twin brother here. Lolzzz

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by jayAjoku(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2023
I can’t call him a friend but we got close quick the bastard wan kill me because of Him smelling girlfriend
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2023
AllBlack:

school na scam.
It's truly a scam if you couldn't detect typo error. Akpoda
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Kazim88: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

OP you seem like a very bad person or female.

You have higher position than him that refer you. It is human he will not feel elated. They are many ways to clear the issue like making feel appreciated not envious.
And worse case scenario, cut the relationship not because he is a bad person, but such is life.

And if ever, you are to post about him, remember him for the good he did not for the bad he did not do.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by SAMBARRY: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
My dear nigha of back then...

My roomie,way back in poly....

A promiscuous nigha cheesy

I can't forget back in 2013 when this nigha came home around 11p.m with 8 bannies..... Claiming they attended a birthday party and since it was already late,so he decided to offer them accomodation till the following morning....

Funniest thing was that that was the first time I prepared banga soup......Na so these bannies chop my banga soup finish,come still push me comot from my bed that night......

Las las,my Nigha ended up doing shiit that night cheesy. While I slept-on foolishly angry

In the morning,I called my friend when the bannies have left....I warned him never to repeat the rubbish he did the previous night. ..
you're really patient.i don't have that level of patience especially when it's done exploitatively or done with taking you for granted
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2023
workchopNG:

Una good morning o jare

Like I'd always say " any friend that sees you as a competition is not your friend"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by midehi2(f): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
Oniro oshi couldn't detect typo error.
Losers are always very paranoid
Obidients are cowards
Ode undecided

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by SAMBARRY: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2023
phemmyfour:
20 children cannot play together for 20 years.

In a workplace, you are all COLLEAGUES. Nobody is your friend. Do your work, mind your business and go home.
before nko undecided
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2023
midehi2:

Ode undecided
You all obidient losers will never heal.
Get another shocker soon in the court and if we hear kpim the military will be everywhere to put things in order
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Nerdnextdoor: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2023
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. . . For me, some friends do more for you than your blood relatives would.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
This Reminds me of the 2 besties back in 2011.

One killed one because the other bought car secretly without people knowing , on their way from pick up, he murdered him and declared he bought a car instead!
Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by seniorgozman(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
I can't even begin to narrate here because I have enemies on this forum. But trusting people is a hard thing for these days, any little shake I'll run away.
Enemies disguised as friends everywhere
I almost lost my job in my own case

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? by Timigeofrey(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
You sounded like you're just the one with trust issues and pride

You're not sure if he gave you wrong answer on purpose or you just made that up satisfied your trust issues

And after all that he still recommended you for a job? A bad friend will see a legit opportunity for their friend and block it..but this one is not like that

And maybe there was a mix feeling between you two that you could have talked about and resolve..you took it as hate cos you're in a better position

Bro, Na you be the problem

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year / Is This The Tallest Man In Lagos State? / Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.