Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47548 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by gfon(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2023
BigDawsNet:

It's literally impossible for her to take you along... the spouse visa application can only be filed from the US and submitted inside the US...

The other option is good.. but your chances of getting a visa with her invite letter is as low as not knowing anyone self... if you guys really connected and in love... tell her to come to Nigeria... get married and she can start working on how to bring her husband to live with her
okay thank you
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by DND069: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2023
Irrespective of our bad leaders or government, an average Nigerian is toxic!

If I could find my way out of this country, I would settle in one of those low populated, organised and good loving African countries.

Nigerians and Nigeria 💔

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Onefornaija24: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2023
SonofGod231:

Say's who?? It's mandatory. That's test of English. It's called TOEFL for undergraduates. Needed in US and UK

I thought some schools in the US waive it?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by isArray: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2023
Third world country problem, here in Germany they'll even add a note to your visa

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by TheAlphaHunter: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

Rubbish post, There are far worse countries and citizens than Nigeria not to also mention the racism that black people face in america and likely the embassy, Nigerians are one of the most educated and successful groups in america and has the highest number of graduates and PHD holders, tell your friend to stop getting emotional and degrading the country because their visa was rejected, I can also see that you are a peter obi supporter so rubbish like this is expected from you lot 🤣
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by descarado: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2023
Mummyfour:
you Nigerians make me laugh or even want to cry at your mindset.
Unfortunately you really don't understand what a scholarship is, do you.

Read extensively on scholarships before making some certain annoying comments.
It is not only the poor that apply for scholarships.

Chai!! Shame dey catch me sef as I am trying to explain to you.
Let's just leave it at that

Even a dangote will appreciate his child for securing a $60,000 dollars worth of scholarship.

That said continue in your perception of life.
And don't tell me I lied.
Instead you are the liar here.

That said, have a good life
They don't know anything except how to eat, have sex and insult women. They can't think more than that.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by descarado: 11:38am On Aug 26, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Have you thought of this: When they start refunding applicants who were denied visa, that's when their pompous, wicked visa rejections will dwindle to a tickle. That's the Koko. They can just take your money and tell you to go home and rest. What else do you expect from a prideful country like America. You see Biden strutting around and promising Zelensky eternal support of money and hardware; it's this kind of money they mine for free in countries like Nigeria that gives them such backbone. When you do the math of how much the US embassy makes off of Nigeria each month, you'll weep even more for our country. They got so bold and belittling that Nigerian applicants have to pay to send an email to the US embassy. Can you believe that? You pay to email the US embassy, ff sake. I swear to God, if I was the country's leader, there's no way in hell the US embassy will keep the money of applicants who were denied visa. I don't care if it's the same everywhere else. Nigeria is a special case. They single us out, so we should single them out too. This has been on mind a long time.
When usa is holding your leaders by the blokos?
Eg tinubu that purchased could certificate.
T
You guys should change your philosophy about life and see things turn around. Also the respect you want will be accorded to you.
Everything is not about making money quick and using it to party or pepper them.
As you make your bed, so you lie on it.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SonofGod231: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2023
Onefornaija24:

I thought some schools in the US waive it?
Maybe,the one in adamawa state of yola.
Dey play.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SideshowBob: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
The citizens are also as scary as the leaders most times. After all it's from us they emanate from.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Segun2222: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mummyfour:
you Nigerians make me laugh or even want to cry at your mindset.
Unfortunately you really don't understand what a scholarship is, do you.

Read extensively on scholarships before making some certain annoying comments.
It is not only the poor that apply for scholarships.

Chai!! Shame dey catch me sef as I am trying to explain to you.
Let's just leave it at that

Even a dangote will appreciate his child for securing a $60,000 dollars worth of scholarship.

That said continue in your perception of life.
And don't tell me I lied.
Instead you are the liar here.

That said, have a good life
you are a liar
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by madone: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2023
grin grin sorry sir oo oga adult. You know what I am talking about even though I choose to be sarcastic about it. The truth is that the unrulybehaviour and criminal life style of some fewblack over there also add to what prospective travellers suffer. Also The narrative of some few NGO looking for grants and some media houses looking for foreign sponsors made many western citizens and organisations think Africa is all forest where animals live or a big slum where destitute live . See I no fit talk jare
Mummyfour:
this comment is for childish people that don't know what they want out of life and not for serious minded people like me
Reading my post from beginning to end will definitely convince you that I am not one of those you alluded to
Thank you
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Onefornaija24: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
SonofGod231:

Maybe,the one in adamawa state of yola.
Dey play.

I am just curious bro.

Some schools in the usa waive English tests
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by civboy: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
I don't understand this one about some developed countries. They claim that they want good immigrants and want to keep the bad ones out. Yet, at the embassy, you can see bright students with excellent grades and scholarships get rejected, along with other good profiles. The incoherence...

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
Segun2222:
you are a liar
thank you.

Keep it up lie detector, you are doing well
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
civboy:
I don't understand this one about some developed countries. They claim that they want good immigrants and want to keep the bad ones out. Yet, at the embassy, you can see bright students with excellent grades and scholarships get rejected, along with other good profiles. The incoherence...
this is the part that triggers me off.
Any definitely you are on point here.
Many people allude to this your sentiments exactly

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
TheAlphaHunter:

Rubbish post, There are far worse countries and citizens than Nigeria not to also mention the racism that black people face in america and likely the embassy, Nigerians are one of the most educated and successful groups in america and has the highest number of graduates and PHD holders, tell your friend to stop getting emotional and degrading the country because their visa was rejected, I can also see that you are a peter obi supporter so rubbish like this is expected from you lot 🤣
you are pathetic for bringing obi and his supporters into this matter.

Is there some kind of fundraiser or foundation set up for you guys that credit your accounts whenever you digress from a meaningful topic to politics of bitterness or bigotry.

What has party got to do with the matter on ground.
Even if nairaland doesn't give you a clear picture of what your country is, can't you just buy data and google the state of your Nation.

In trying to chase after likes and clouts , I will suggest you thread carefully, because our words and actions have a way of catching up with us.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AllenSpencer: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
Alpharey:

The root cause of the problem lies with the leaders. Even they make the country habitable many people will not seek refuge elsewhere.

Is it only Nigeria that has bad leadership? Let’s start from there.

If your point was valid, So many. Countries should be ahead of us in criminality.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AllenSpencer: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
steeltrust:
oga our leadership is to Blamed more
Our leaders see our weakness and use it to their advantage

And are ready to do anything to make sure it continues like that and if you try to stop it they will come against you

Lekki massacre was an example

I will repeat again, if bad leadership was the root cause, so many countries should be ahead of us when it comes to fraud.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by steeltrust: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
AllenSpencer:

I will repeat again, if bad leadership was the root cause, so many countries should be ahead of us when it comes to fraud.

then stay and wait for who will help make it right ok
Bye
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AllenSpencer: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
steeltrust:
then stay and wait for who will help make it right ok
Bye

Now you shot yourself in the leg.

So despite the bad leadership some countries got, the citizens and leaders are still able to protect their international reputation.

But Nigerians don’t have that patience and everyone is ready to destroy and tarnish the image of the country.

So we don’t need to argue again then. We are the root cause of our own problems.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by steeltrust: 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Now you shot yourself in the leg.

So despite the bad leadership some countries got, the citizens and leaders are still able to protect their international reputation.

But Nigerians don’t have that patience and everyone is ready to destroy and tarnish the image of the country.

So we don’t need to argue again then. We are the root cause of our own problems.
oga you and your likes are the cause of Nigeria problem

Count me out and for your info I’m not here to argue a solution with you that my great great great grand father couldn’t find

Like I said
If you have the opportunity to leave bro do so with out blinking

I don tell you
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by emdis: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mummyfour:
grin grin it actually took place in Lagos and that was because Abuja held off on conducting interviews as at when the visa appointment went through
I just hope urs was successful oo..
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by CallofDuty(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
With the US visa being the toughest visa to get, why not try other countries than throwing away your money
Have you tried getting a Schengen visa before?? Dey Play! grin cheesy grin
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Afolue(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
A big amen to all your prayers…
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by samfrancis1(m): 12:38am On Aug 27, 2023
ednut1:
no one was forced to apply. The countries self need to make money to cover expenses and salaries 😅
Na same thing make Nigeria university weh one admit 2000 candidate sell out 20k form.... abi thesame money right.. let nobody complain as its understandable now

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2023
emdis:
I just hope urs was successful oo..
thanks so much for this
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Oshin56(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
IyaTola:
Does he have all the requirements?
please ma'am reply to my DM ma, it's a matter of urgency. Thanks in anticipation
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Love800(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
Did he apply and attend the golf course here in nigeria or abroad?
uuzba:

Back in 2004 one of my mates went to the American Embassy, and viewed same frowning and disappointed rejected faces coming out of the interview rooms.
But for him, they gave him.
HOW?
Well first of all NEVER EVER let them know you are desperate.
His family is here in lagos.
His dad used to visit Ikoyi club and maintained membership. But how does that affect my friend?
Well, my friend saw that those big men in Ikoyi club come there to play golf, same with the oyibo people.
So my friend APPLIED for professional Golf Course in one useless school in US.
Immediately those Embassy people saw it, they started smiling at him.
This one is a BIG boy. He just wants to flex small in US.
The granted him visa.
My guy travelled to US went to the school and branched to another school and did all the runs necessary for permanent stay. In fact, he married a Nigerian girl there that already had papars.
Thats how he did his own O.
Today he has 4 kids and a successful business there. He has visited Nigeria llike 1ce or 2ce since that 2004.
Don't be desperate..
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by uuzba(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2023
Love800:
Did he apply and attend the golf course here in Nigeria or abroad?
The golf course was a US course.
He applied for it on the internet and use that as proof on his visa application form.
He never played golf in Nigeria. But he just had an idea of the golf terminologies, ball, stick.. hole whatever etc.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Love800(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ok
uuzba:

The golf course was a US course.
He applied for it on the internet and use that as proof on his visa application form.
He never played golf in Nigeria. But he just had an idea of the golf terminologies, ball, stick.. hole whatever etc.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by gforce5: 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
The OP is a real JJC! The U.S. Embassy has always been like this lol. Getting an American visa is a like playing the lottery.The US no send anybody. I remember in 2000, the US Embassy told big men who were sitting in their cars to queue otherwise they would not be allowed inside the Embassy. There was so many visa rejections even then.
Raskimonojendor:
Lol. OP is JJC.

2 of my friends back in the early 2000s got the visas with the embassy staff not even checking any doc they brought with them. One landed in the US with $5 and the other $10. Of course they never returned to Nigeria and are both citizens now. Meanwhile during that period, several Nigerian senators where denied visiting visas.

US Visa is like lottery.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Paracetamol01: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

How to swiss?
not likely swiss per say.... but countries not likely having a strict condition before entering

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Life In Jordan For Nigerians / Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.