Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47545 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

It was scholarship o.

Infact that one was even more devastating
Forget about all these. They give people VISA. They reject more though but people get it.
My younger sis was on $34k scholarship and she got it.
I know about 2 people who got it too. All at first attempt.
They are giving people. You just have to know what to do to get it.
If they don't give you now, try again.
Try Abuja.
Don't scare those who want to try.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Solowande(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
Must it be the US, Must we all, travel to the US?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by grandstar(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
I do not blame them. People who hitherto wouldn't Japa are doing so in droves.

MY sister who travelled to the States for holiday with her husband in 2018 or so decided not to come back when she did the following year.

She worked in a bank.

No matter how good your salary, the Naira's virtually worthless. We might as well be paid in Korean Won or Indonesian Rupiah. That is what 8 years under the very incompetent hands of Buhari has caused

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Dshocker(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
America is full. Attention should be on countries that don't speak English like South Korea, Portugal and Japan. They need people, but we focus on those that don't speak English.

grin

Please remove Japan from the equation, Japan is more difficult than the US.

JAPAN is the only that has the least number of citizens wanting to migrate to any country.

Japan has it all, abeg no go there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Ventura1: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
The citizens produced the leaders, aren't they amongst US?

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
Solowande:
Must it be the US, Must we all, travel to the US?
More opportunities there that's why.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Omobalo67: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

This is the problem. We keep demarketing ourselves in the face if this people and you expect them to respect you?

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Panda7(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Most of the people traveling abroad will end up at the food bank. Is it not better to develop at home than to japa abroad with no plans?

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Akano5(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Majority of Nigerians becomes something else when they get to the host countries and it's painfully affecting the innocent ones.....

Imagine Libyans complaining about Nigerians, they even prefer Ghanians
Spittts

8 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SmartPolician: 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dshocker:

grin

Please remove Japan from the equation, Japan is more difficult than the US.

JAPAN is the only that has the least number of citizens wanting to migrate to any country.

Japan has it all, abeg no go there.

Times are changing. As for the second line, I said that Nigerians should focus there.

I am not writing about those willing to leave their countries.

https://erudera.com/news/japan-unveils-ambitious-plan-to-welcome-400000-international-students-by-2033/

Cc tensazangetsu20

Please edit your comment. You shouldn't be writing things like that in a public forum.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Basicend: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
psucc:
The major challenge to this is the involvement of our leaders and government in every corruption module. It's even better now. Let the dust over 2023 elections settled, that's when we will get the real deal

What are you talking about? The man you voted in a your president is the linchpin of corruption. . If APC can put Ganduje as their national chairman. . That means he is their flagship party card member. . So what are you talking about dust being settled?

I rest my case too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by kheny12(m): 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
There are many countries better than America.America is just over rated.i prefer to go to Australia and New Zealand and those Asian countries.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ykc2:
oga go and build your country ,how many of you are going to somalia or Yemen for religious study?you guys only want better place but for naija na emilokan
grin grin grin
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by BreconHills(m): 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
I recently got the US five year visa. This month. I had not travelled to the US since 2014 although I have been doing an annual pilgrimage to the uk.

I agree with the op that a lot of people are rejected but as I listened into conversations taking place at the interview counter, these were my thoughts.

1. People do not realize that there is a scoring system on the form they fill. They do not supply the right or sufficient information on their form. There is already a recommendation on your form by the time you get to the counter. You have about 3 mins to confirm or disprove it.

2. If you do intend to japa the system will more likely enough suss you out based on current employment, age, marital status, prospects in Nigeria ( yes the algorithm calculates that too) reason for travel etc. These are highly intelligent people with a lot of domestic data - this makes the algorithm/ scoring system really hard to beat. If you have to lie, don't apply for a US visa.

3. A lot of people are very nervous and they don't understand the questions aimed at them - they cannot explain what they do in sufficient details. They cannot explain what their host in the US do. They are like deer caught in the headlights of a car. They cannot manage the switch in mood between the bio capture stage and the interview itself.

4. A lot of people are unprepared. A lot. So the statistics look skewed towards rejections when in fact visas granted have been on the increase on a yy-yy basis.

I hope this helps those with honest intentions and the right documentation to apply. Don't be put off by the rejection rate. Visas are being given. There are just so many wrongly prepared applications.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page
PLUS;
For those who explained to the visa officer that they will come back in so so date when they are through with their businesses and studies in America, please come back so that we that are on queue and it's our turn to go will get there. sad

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
kheny12:
There are many countries better than America.America is just over rated.i prefer to go to Australia and New Zealand and those Asian countries.
Wash. Australia and New Zealand Lol

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by koladed40(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
colbycell:

you are right on this. corruption dey their blood too

If they're not corrupt, quota systems means when you attain the set quota you stop selling whatever it is your products are and attend to what you already have. Why collect money when you know you're not going to issue Visas...more like bet9ja if you ask me.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by UnfairLife7(m): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Panda7:
Most of the people traveling abroad will end up at the food bank. Is it not better to develop at home than to japa abroad with no plans?
tell your useless corrupt leaders that has stolen your future and that of your unborn kids to do the needful. Your miserable leaders also run helter scatter to those countries with our stolen money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Albinoflash(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
ote author=Mindlog post=125353602]I feel for that guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship but was bounced, guy must be experiencing depression promax right now. angry[/quote]I saw a girl too with scholarship rejected about 3 weeks ago I was shocked the girl was just crying and I heard her saying she already paid school fees to the school don't even know how possible is that
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Attasco: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nigeria jagajaga. Otilo

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AntiTerrorist: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
America is full. Attention should be on countries that don't speak English like South Korea, Portugal and Japan. They need people, but we focus on those that speak English.
Language barrier.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by tishbite42: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
If you want to travel to Canada, UK, U.S have it at the back of your mind you need to be ready with a strong ties home and abroad. Your home ties will be your work capacity/business entity, your abroad ties will be your hosting contacts.
If study, your work must tally with your study course,
If visit your home ties must tally with your foreign invitation like family, business connects and delegated diaspora communication to/fro in the past.
Medical visit all bills must be fully paid and accreditation from ministry of health in home country citing reasons why medical support can't be attain in country of residence.
Money in account should amount btw 250 to 500 thousand USd... personal statement in DOMICILIARY or Personal Statement
If you bring 50-100m account u will b bounced.
Is this a premium joke??

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by chemicolt: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
No be small thing
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SmartPolician: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Language barrier.

That's why people don't go there. You have to learn their language and do their test.

Nothing good comes easy. Besides, nothing feels good as something that's guaranteed.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
madone:
grin the matter is critical. One day the table will turn.
You also forgot to add those of you that travel stay just one month in America the next day you are shouting I wanna wanna on the streets of America disturbing the innocent citizens una hand dey too.
this comment is for childish people that don't know what they want out of life and not for serious minded people like me
Reading my post from beginning to end will definitely convince you that I am not one of those you alluded to
Thank you
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by seuncyrus(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
deltateam:
Am I the only person that is not crazy about the Japa movement?

It just doesn't move me. I hope the security situation doesn't get worse though. That's the only reason I might consider it.

I had an uncle like this too. Frequent traveler outside the country so he's not freaked by Japa or whatnot. He was travelling on an official assignment when he got shot (they wanted to rob them). He spent weeks in the hospital, Months after recovery , he left the country never to return again. What about those who got kidnapped and had to pay ransom through their nose ?

People have different reasons for leaving the country and we should all respect that.The only prayer is that Nigeria shouldn't happen to any us .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Charly68: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
My take is if you want to Japa do so legally and plan it well.. so many people have been there for long and they can dash out 100 dollar gift equivalent to their needy family members here .. I see that as poverty. Remain here and Hussle for life, Those who made it here do not have two heads they simply believe in themselves and God honour their ventures ..

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by NaijaCover(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

It was scholarship o.

Infact that one was even more devastating

IS HERE And Observing The Thread, To Know The Level Of BAD NEWS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Panda7(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
UnfairLife7:
tell your useless corrupt leaders that has stolen your future and that of your unborn kids to do the needful. Your miserable leaders also run helter scatter to those countries with our stolen money.
a case of pot calling kettle black, since
you are on the social media and have any solid evidence of corruption you are in a better position to call them out to appropriate authorities.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
What is OP talking about? Is it ghost that they grant visa?

Nigerians do come to the US every day. My cousin just arrived in Maryland Yesterday on a visiting visa

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by HighTable(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
Damn! 60k scholarship gone!!
That's very inconsiderate

Wahala for an American dominated world. The TABLE will Turn. They colluded with our corrupt politicians to prey on our resources, while many think we are independent and are free to build a properous nation, not knowing seeds of divide and conquer was already sown. America has a plan for many countries on earth, and the most critical of them is for no nation to outshine America!!
If they reject you just look for opportunities elsewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Emaprince: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.
Yeah
My younger sister got her US visa on first try around april.. same as my younger bro too, who traveled to Canada.

Meanwhile, I know many people who have been frustrated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Family Escapes Death As Steel Ring Falls Off Trailer & Crushed Car In Magboro / Life In Jordan For Nigerians / Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.