Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47546 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by deltateam: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Am I the only person that is not crazy about the Japa movement?

It just doesn't move me. I hope the security situation doesn't get worse though. That's the only reason I might consider it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MatrixReloaded: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
If you want to travel to Canada, UK, U.S have it at the back of your mind you need to be ready with a strong ties home and abroad. Your home ties will be your work capacity/business entity, your abroad ties will be your hosting contacts.
If study, your work must tally with your study course,
If visit your home ties must tally with your foreign invitation like family, business connects and delegated diaspora communication to/fro in the past.
Medical visit all bills must be fully paid and accreditation from ministry of health in home country citing reasons why medical support can't be attain in country of residence.
Money in account should amount btw 250 to 500 thousand USd... personal statement in DOMICILIARY or Personal Statement
If you bring 50-100m account u will b bounced.

9 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Paracetamol01: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Why not follow through other foreign countries and made it a plan..... like going to Switzerland,then after some years you can now move to your dream land... AMERICA

8 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by wittywriter: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Japa used to be derogatory...

Wittyness
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by TundRash(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Wàhálà
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Larryndelaw: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
ednut1:
These countries have quota. If they make it easy thousands or millions of people will try to japa. Unfortunately many with right intentions will be caught up in the rejections and mess.
Even most of the documents tender at the Embassies are fakes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Larryndelaw: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Quota system cannot be consumed in the half period of the year...

So if the quota says... approve 10,000 Nigerians in 2023... it's dia job to know how to split the approvals in each day to cover a year... which maybe 35 approvals per day!.. na your grace go come help you join those lucky applicants
if they do.itnlike the way you said , you will still be the one to complain first. We always use our mouth to destroy our country by saying negative things. That's one if the problem

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Ykc2(m): 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
colbycell:

If they're not corrupt, quota systems means when you attain the set quota you stop selling whatever it is your products are and attend to what you already have. Why collect money when you know you're not going to issue Visas...more like bet9ja if you ask me.
oga go and build your country ,how many of you are going to somalia or Yemen for religious study?you guys only want better place but for naija na emilokan

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MT: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

Blame those who were given Visitor's visa and Student's visa and abused them. Nigerians are profiled as one of the high risk Nation that will abuse visa.

Let the truth be told, over 90% of the people that were bounced would abuse their visas. The Consular Officers have seen it all. Sadly some few individuals with genuine intention will be bounced too but majority that are bounced are deserving of it.

You must give them a genuine reason why your case is different. US embassy care less about your document. Your body language and what you say will determine it. You cannot fill in your application form that you are going for tourism and you pick Indiannapolis. You have shot yourself in the leg before you utter a single word.

Stop heaping blames on the Government alone, the citizen's behaviours play key roles too.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by BeijinDossier: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Canada and America na your mate ?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by pachigo001(m): 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Are they denying spouse visa too smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Ppn247: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
People want to leave Nigeria at all costs. But it's not easy.

Here's how to apply for a UK student visa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEfh2bQZJlE?si=oLLwEaz7nBNmaZVt

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AllenSpencer: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Even most of the documents tender at the Embassies are fakes

Their are no fake documents in Nigeria again. Everything is now original.

You just need sought your way through and you will get the “Fake Original” document, that can be verified to any extent and still pass.

From degrees, bank statement, C of O or deed, employment letter,and travel history , all those docs have been casted!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by qtguru(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
I got mine, I used to think it was based on company, but a colleague from work got rejected, I think it's your body language and and if you don't know the purpose of visiting Canada.

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Dshocker(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
I pray every embassy blocks Nigerians from leaving.

Why not invest those millions you want to use on documentation to process your japa.

As for me, Nigeria is sweet and full of freedom, only when you have money.

Nigeria is so blessed, that you can choose to be rich or not..... So much money in the land.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Willie2015: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hisimperialmaje:
With the US visa being the toughest visa to get, why not try other countries than throwing away your money

Dont mind them...
Russia dey..but they wont go..
Even with scholarship... from the govt...
No be book dey wan go read...
No be the same book dem go read for USA
Na in dey Russia... grin cheesy

13 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by dbestuncle: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
He is part of the problem and you retelling the story like a testimony is also part of the problem.

tensazangetsu20:
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MT: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
pachigo001:
Are they denying spouse visa too smiley smiley

Yes if they discover that it is a bogus relationship meant for paper work alone.

If you are caught in this, you will be permanently barred from the United States without the option of a waiver.

8 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by osuofia2(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
TRY AFGHANISTAN, IRAG, SYRIA . ETC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by tolufase: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
But America allows these corrupt politicians and their families into the US.

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Basic123: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
Gg5
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by FreeStuffsNG: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

naturefellow:

US govt is now very much strict with immigration issues and has even become a political campaign issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria!

Go and watch desperate travels on Aljazeera and the one by Anderson Cooper. Sea of heads trekking on foot from everywhere and especially latin America yet Nigerians are not there!

The money Google and co made from Nigeria in 15 months is about N2 Trillion! If Google is making such money here and you are going to beg in their country embassy, u be suegbe according to late Fela. Check my signature for free stuffs!

8 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Cromagnon: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
psucc:
The major challenge to this is the involvement of our leaders and government in every corruption module. It's even better now. Let the dust over 2023 elections settled, that's when we will get the real deal
no blame on the ppl abi
Everything is leaders abi?

4 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by dbestuncle: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
Willie2015:

Dont mind them...
Russia dey..but they wont go..
Even with scholarship... from the govt...
No be book dey wan go read...
No be the same book dem go read for USA
Na in dey Russia... grin cheesy

Most of those Nigerians wey dey Russia sef run to other countries. Some even come back home.
TMR now Russia go do auxterity measures for us.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AllenSpencer: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
“ I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.”

The embassies are wiser now. They now know the racketeering that happens in multinationals for travels.

They learnt. The first set of people that took advantage of that route are the lucky ones!

As of date, even if you from Halliburton, they have an atom of doubt in them

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Chetas81(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
THE QUESTION IS THAT,WHO ARE YOU LEAVING YOUR MOTHERLAND FOR, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY TANGIBLE CONTRIBUTION IN YOUR MOTHERLAND,DO YOU THINK TO BE SLAVE SOMEWHERE AROUND THE GLOBE 🌍 WOULD BE BETTER OPTION FOR YOU,I COME IN PEACE

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by CooldipoMPS: 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
shocked
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by correctguy101(m): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
How funny... The irony is...

Yet they'll allow the bandits raping the country and it's citizens easy access to their country.... Even letting them deposit stolen public funds, only to later spin one nice drama so that they can seize the funds .. Very smart if you ask me.

The only reasoning this ancestor can see here is them wanting you to have enough spending power to no matter how small, support their economy.

They see those who don't have such as a liability, a total nuisance that wants to escape the cage their smart leaders are using our dumb leaders to create ....smh

Not to blame them though, it was never their fault in the first place...

Small small, many of us Nigerians will reject our Nigerian identify to become Ghanians, Togolese, Cameroonians even Burkina Faso won't be spared..

Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by easzypeaszy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
Free Visa i wont go to the USA
I hv been a fan of the USA since i was a kid
Lovin 2Pac, Martins, Beanie Man, Janet Jackson, Lots more
But i discover at the country is a mess

Australia is my dream place

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Life In Jordan For Nigerians / Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.