Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest (31811 Views)

EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari / Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video) / Army Release Photo Of Politician As Faces Of Disgruntled Nig Spreading Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmekaA125(m): 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

So why can't all the governors in the whole 5 SE states pick at least 10-20 Yoruba people and give them appointments?? Why do Enugu governor have to pick one worthless position and give it to just one Yoruba man. Quite Insensitive if you'd ask me sad
10 - 20 Yorubas to be imported from Ogbomosho, Ibarakpa and Okitikpukpa abi ?? Why are you deceiving yourself??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
13october:

See mumu, same Betty when to imo to contest for Senate you sent her back. Bcoz she marry YORUBA, now your sister is to given LCDA as chairperson.

You sure that's why 'they sent her back'....or did it have more to do with male chauvanism, the usual greed by Nigerian politicians of all ethnic colourations, and statetism....yet another negative penchant of most Nigerian politicians! If you claim 'they sent her back because she's married to a Yoruba', what then was the reason for Bianca Ojukwu not getting the senatorial ticket to represent her husbands state of Anambra?
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
Amah70:
Most backward set of people for not understanding that people who live in a place must participate in political leadership of the place they live. Their people live in London where a Pakistani immigrant won the election to become Mayor of London, but in Nigeria, they kill and obstruct none indigenes in the SW region from participating in political leadership in the SW.
Declare Oduduwa Republic fully, they refuse because of cheap cash from crude oil in the old Eastern region of Nigeria.

Ironu Ikoko ni o pa Aja.
Can this nonsense happen anywhere in the SE?.
You can't tell us what to do. just mind your business.
EOD.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmekaA125(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
1972xy:
Fire her with " Ata"
Next time she will not dangle into Yoruba politics.
She has lived close to 35 years in that area. I don't know whether ewedu dey affect una sense of reasoning.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmekaA125(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Werey

I will say never again because evidence are everywhere showing we do not want you in any position in the west anymore internet mugu, the foolish ibo that was nominated was by the useless ibo first lady, a woman imo peope almost killed when she went to imo to contest for senate seat because she married a yoruba man, shows the stupidityof ibos, what they cant tolerate they want others to give them same privilege, and the youths in ondo why are police not using them as target practice, ibos should try and protest in Ondo in favour of that ibo woman lets see if they will see tomorrow smiley
Una too like noisemaking. The woman Chairlady has come to stay. Go and eat sour ewedu and gbegiri if e sure for you. Ezi bida
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmekaA125(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Abi.

They keep saying Yorubas should go to the SE. To do what exactly grin

Why will someone leave a land flowing with milk and honey for a redmud land that is consuming its own people. The same land it's own people are runni g away from 😂
Don't expect any political position in red mud land. Period
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Thonee(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
If Americans are like Africans, Obama wouldn't have been their president.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by omniwater: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
EmekaA125:

Skull miners and lazy organ harvesting mofos don't have a say in the scheme of things. The Igbo Chairman in Odigbo has come to stay and there's nothing you fools can do about it.

Baby factory product from upper iweka under bridge,when the trouble you pigs are asking now comes, coward yammirrin imps like you would be tagging CNN, BBC , MSNBC, US to come and rescue your assess from self inflicted genocide.

No be today my tribe dey roast yammirrin pigs, Go ask your ancestors wetin happen circa '67.

I pray it happen again so I can finally mine your pig skulls.

Useless dunce!
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by sampariwa(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
The most tribalistic set of people in the world!!!

Their tribalism is currently destroying Nigeria yet they've refused to learn.

Spits!

Where were you people when Fulani's took over your land kwara state. You should be glad we came to help you people, blessed generation like igbos. Any part of the world you did not see an Igbo man, comot quick , the place no good at all, you will be jealous of us
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
ribbit:
magbo didinrin

Go and tell them that in the east na.
Why can't love lead in the east?

Why must love always lead in the west?

They want to colonize you and you are singing let love lead.
Mumu

The guy is an olori buruku to nsi ilekun fun ole, but I doubt if he's Yoruba.
This was how it started in Ilorin, ohun ti aye ba so e da, ni won a fi bu e bo d'ola.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Offpointng: 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
EmekaA125:

10 - 20 Yorubas to be imported from Ogbomosho, Ibarakpa and Okitikpukpa abi ?? Why are you deceiving yourself??

The only being Imported from Alaigbo to Ondo state that you din see any problem with?? Besides so there are no 20 Yorubas in each SE states
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
haffaze777:
Is Rotimi akeredolu and his wife mentally okay?

I very much doubt it
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmekaA125(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

The only being Imported from Alaigbo to Ondo state that you din see any problem with?? Besides so there are no 20 Yorubas in each SE states
There are but are mainly into menial jobs like sale of agbo, jedi -jedi, tailoring and herbal drug. Yorubas contribute nothing to SouthEast economy. Sad
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by tsdarkside(m): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2023
this is just the start....
more and more none south eastern states will start gettin workedup when they hear anything igbo now....

na them sabi....
they just cant understand that people are not good in forgivin and forgetin....
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Offpointng: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
EmekaA125:

There are but are mainly into menial jobs like sale of agbo, jedi -jedi, tailoring and herbal drug. Yorubas contribute nothing to SouthEast economy. Sad

You lie
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nato008:

I guess u skipped the part she said she has lived there for 35years....how can she be called an outsider biko.....if it was outside Nigeria....she is a full citizen with all rights, 35good years.....mehn

Land grabber, even if she spent 500 years in Ondo state, was she made to do so at gun point?.
Are there no indegene who can fill that position?.
Yorubas will not be subservient to any wanderer in their home land.
Ewo, ka ma ri.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Antivirus92(m): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
Just like African countries like niger, chad protest because some superior powers(westeners) are occupying their countries, the Yorubas will continue protesting because some superior powers (igbos) are occupying their territory. After protest, the appointment stands!
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
You're unfortunate, if as a Yoruba man,you're married to an Igbo !

Gbam.
Ofo, oshi ati adanu ebi.
Everlasting Ori buruku.
Kokoko la ran Ifa aditi, if you know any Yoruba about to make such mistake, warn them.
Iroyin ko le ever to afojuba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by HRMK: 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
the question should be:
would a yoruba man or woman be allowed to be an lg chairman in the southeast?let it start from there first!
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
ForumNL:

Why will a Yoruba man leave his flourishing land and go to desert,

2. If the politician has impact in the community you think the people will go against him? He is just a bloody Igbo who knows his way through fraud

What do you expect from someone that is IGBO and POLITICIAN

Omo the thing dey always shock me anytime dey asked such question o.
Yorubas will go to the SE when they have relatives who were nationalities, across the west coast, from Benin republic to as far as Gambia and Seria Leone.
Only God knows what was smoked before they were conceived.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by LajaLaba: 12:41am On Aug 25, 2023
Wetin i wan go do for sad East?yeye people
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 1Dray(m): 1:52am On Aug 25, 2023
Flathead8:
I totally support this, if a common security guard can't be Yoruba in SE, I see no reason why Ibo should be elected

Come let me employ you as a security guard.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmekaA125(m): 2:34am On Aug 25, 2023
omniwater:

Baby factory product from upper iweka under bridge,when the trouble you pigs are asking now comes, coward yammirrin imps like you would be tagging CNN, BBC , MSNBC, US to come and rescue your assess from self inflicted genocide.

No be today my tribe dey roast yammirrin pigs, Go ask your ancestors wetin happen circa '67.

I pray it happen again so I can finally mine your pig skulls.

Useless dunce!
Ur tears will forever flow. Kpele
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by MEGAWATCH: 3:41am On Aug 25, 2023
ForumNL:

Why will a Yoruba man leave his flourishing land and go to desert,

2. If the politician has impact in the community you think the people will go against him? He is just a bloody Igbo who knows his way through fraud

What do you expect from someone that is IGBO and POLITICIAN

Hahahaha!

Flourishing land include Ado Ekiti and Kwara?

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha!

Show me a picture of any rural place in Ekiti and Kwara that sensible people can live in and I will send 10k in your account.

You can say this to most Yorubas who doesn't come back home not me that knows the south west more than some south westerners.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by lawani: 4:56am On Aug 25, 2023
If there are 30 million people in the SE, at least two million will be Yoruba since the leader of Yoruba in Anambra says there are 500k in Anambra alone. This includes Yoruba women married to Igbos, bank workers, police men, tailors, medical doctors, university dons, agbo sellers, taxi drivers, oil workers, brick layers, telecomms workers. There are many industries dominated by Yorubas while Igbos have the ones they dominate as well. At least one of my OAU classmates of 47 was working in Nsukka before he died and I met a Yoruba man in Nsukka when I went there that I thought was Igbo before I was told he was not. Yoruba in the East can't be less than two million in population and they might be more as there is no border against migration. SW is more than double the SE in population is the only reason Igbos are more than two million in the SW. Go to any northern city and Yorubas are more than Igbos. Sample the universities to know and it is only in the market that you find Igbo men. Yoruba men don't trade like that. They are more into artisanship than trading. Therefore people who are worthy will get what they deserve either in the private or public sector but if Yorubas are abusing Igbos in Enugu or Anambra, it is best not to let them be in government but they must be allowed to do their business in peace.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by cyrilamx(m): 6:02am On Aug 25, 2023
clockwisereport:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ondo-youths-reject-igbo-politician-as-council-caretaker/%3famp
But wait ooo, why are the igbos disturbing the peace in other people’s land by craftily trying to be their political leaders/representatives? Something that no outsider can dare in their own lands? For me, this provocation and not any yeye assimilation. If you think you so love the people u want to lead as a non- native, assimilate, change your name to their name and apply to become native of that state or locality.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by GoodLife4live: 6:46am On Aug 25, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

Go and open shop for maami....

No dey do agbero for here biko
u spent all your life in Yoruba land... U are not even ashamed ? That why your Igbo language is not even recognized anywhere.. because u spent all your life learning the greatest Yoruba language..

That a lone had justified that yorubas are greater than the igbos
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nato008(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2023
7lives:

Land grabber, even if she spent 500 years in Ondo state, was she made to do so at gun point?.
Are there no indegene who can fill that position?.
Yorubas will not be subservient to any wanderer in their home land.
Ewo, ka ma ri.
I thought we were discussing with fact and logic, not knowing is the tribalistic and dumbness card, someone who has lived in ur community for that long and u still consider them less human but tomorrow u will travel outside the shores of this country and begin to shout racism.....Omo is fine
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by orisa37: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
WHOEVER APPOINTED HER FOR THAT POSITION IS WICKED AND A HATER OF PEACE AND HARMONY IN ONDO STATE.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 7lives: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nato008:

I thought we were discussing with fact and logic, not knowing is the tribalistic and dumbness card, someone who has lived in ur community for that long and u still consider them less human but tomorrow u will travel outside the shores of this country and begin to shout racism.....Omo is fine

What cannot happen in your homeland, will NEVER happen in my homeland.
Na my fathers be do gooders, when it comes to self preservation, I'm as despicable as you can imagine.
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Lasunjane: 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
What nonsense is this? This is totally wrong, Igbo people will not allow that in their states, May God be with our Governor to come back in good health...…..Amen.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Clickairtravels: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
You guys are quick to shift the goal post when the odd seems to torn against you. Mr can you tell me which country construction your country model? You have not play white man when it favours you but turn yeroba demon at heart when the rooster come home to roost

Sheggy13:

You no well. You always use western world or EU as your examples but you can never cite your Anambra or Imo state as examples. Hypocrites. The local government is the closest to the people in any government setting. How can you impose a non-indigene of a place to oversee their affairs as the chairman of the local government? Where is that done? Such an abberation. It seems Betty Akeredolu is biting more than she can chew.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today / Ambode Commissions Mall In Ikorodu / Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.