Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest (31897 Views)

EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari / Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video) / Army Release Photo Of Politician As Faces Of Disgruntled Nig Spreading Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2023
Just wow...
This people and greed

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Jman06(m): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2023
seunmsg:
What nonsense is this? The Acting governor must be warned seriously not to try this nonsense. It’s even crazy that they are considering this kind of provocative appointment.
But Enugu state governor recently appointed a Yoruba man as DG of ESBS and even has other Yorubas as SA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:
I totally support this, if a common security guard can't be Yoruba in SE, I see no reason why Ibo should be elected

Read that piece bro

That Ibo woman don dey torment them since 2016
https://www.frcnpositivefm1025.com/2023/08/22/imposition-of-lg-chairman-odigbo-community-alleges-ondo-first-lady-petitions-security-agencies/

Just wow...Even ibo firstldlady in the SW shouldnt be allowed anymore

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by clockwisereport: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:
I totally support this, if a common security guard can't be Yoruba in SE, I see no reason why Ibo should be elected

Ladi Aketedolu-Ale is ESBS boss. He is Yoruba

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2023
Jman06:
But Enugu state governor recently appointed a Yoruba man as DG of ESBS and even have other Yorubas as SA

Okay, Ben Akabueze, Igbokwe, rita orji and many more has held post in the SW

aside that one guy that was appointed, mention how many has been imposed like this just cause of tribal sentiment like Betty is doing in Ondo state

Plus, its a diff thing if she won an election conducted there fair and square, trying to impose your tribeswoman is shit

U can read this piece

https://www.frcnpositivefm1025.com/2023/08/22/imposition-of-lg-chairman-odigbo-community-alleges-ondo-first-lady-petitions-security-agencies/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by BabaIbo: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2023
Exercise in futility.

His appointment is already sealed, there is nothing any agbado person can do about it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Abagworo(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2023
What's the difference between Odigbo and Igbo?

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Okwyjesus(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2023
Pakute:
You see, Akeredolu's wife too dey overdo, she don turn Govt Sectariat into ibo quarters, people don complain tire.. Upon say Imo people carry cane flog her comot as she wan try contest as senator, yet she still dey carry her people come dey impose dem for ondo state..na wa!.
Make Ondo people fight for their right, wetin ibos dey do, no be today, Ahmadu Bello don talk am tey tey.

Akeredolu has been enjoying his lgbo wife. So this is the dividends for lgbo community.

On a serious note, we should stop all this friction. It don't help development.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by richie240: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2023
Be pushing ur luck.
A time will come if ya mama be ibo, or u have ibo wife u won't be able to contest in any part of nigeria outside alaigbo.

Sebi sense is scarce for many of una.
cool
EmperorCaesar:

Read that piece bro

That Ibo woman don dey torment them since 2016

Just wow...Even ibo firstldlady in the SW shouldnt be allowed anymore

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:43am On Aug 24, 2023
The most important thing is that we have increased house rents now as the Landlords of SW and we can see the ripple effects..

They now live under the bridges......
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by colossus91(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:

Go to funai we have loads of yorubas there even the first VC was Yoruba, in as much as I don't support the move but learn to get your facts right!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by richie240: 11:46am On Aug 24, 2023
Ndigbos always drawing negative focus to themselves with their mouths and action.
Ndi-Clowns.
grin grin
OyeofIkoTuN:
The most important thing is that we have increased house rents now as the Landlords of SW and we can see the ripple effects..

They now live under the bridges......

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Alphanancy: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:
Pray to be relevant in life so you can be recognised everywhere you may find yourself.
You think it's by being idle that the said woman was chosen? Stop being stupid and get productive.
She must have impacted the community one way or the other. Abi na she be the only Igbo person for there?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2023
Yorubas are only getting started with them. You think only Lagos heard your no man’s land talk rubbish? This is only the beginning

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by flokii: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2023
The same woman went to Imo and was rejected, even disgraced cos she is married to a non-Igbo man. They wouldn't even accept her (an Imo indigene) to represent them there in Imo but same woman has been running hate campaigns, even fighting indigenes of a place she isn't from.

A time will come when Yorubas will not only reject Igbos but will also reject Yoruba men married to Igbo women with cases like this one we are seeing.

She married Ondo, she is meant to detach from Imo and embrace Ondo people but it's never the case with Igbos.. they see situations like this as opportunity to go and dominate other tribes in their ancestral lands.

If to say she no run commot from Imo, those people for kill her.. but here she is in Yorubaland misbehaving anyhow because Yorubas are peace loving people. Ejo e ko.

Ondo people must not agree to one handpicked Imo state indigene becoming Chair of any LCDA in the State.. No election was conducted so she has no legal rights to be Caretaker.
Moreover, the traditional ruler there can't be taking orders from a non indigene.. It's an aberration that must never be allowed to stand.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ttipsy(f): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2023
Most times I ask myself what is the essence of one Nigeria??

If foreign countries can appoint Nigerian nationals in their country’, how much more Nigerian in their own land ??

This is unbelievable

Illiteracy at its peak

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:

Another Yoruba man won a major election to represent Umuahia people in Abia state. But these primitive people rejected GRV because his mother is Igbo?! They also attacked Igbos and other Nigerians that look like Igbos just to stop them from voting?!

God knows, this country would have been a much better place without these people.

Spits!

You know his name?

Peeps protesting in Ondo must be the ’ronu’ lot we normally hear about!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Tboi4real: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Tribalist biggot also has issue with the igbos

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Enskynelson(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2023
You name a LG in Ondo State ODIGBO and you are against an Igbo being a Chairman. Change the name first, after that, come and tender the next complain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by creativebuks: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
are their not Yoruba youth to takeover that position

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ecosystem4u: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nwamara should rule them if she is competent, no room for tribal sentiments. Period!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
Tribalism gives tribe oxygen. Hateful ingrates
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by GeneralPula: 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jman06:
But Enugu state governor recently appointed a Yoruba man as DG of ESBS and even have other Yorubas as SA
ESBS? Mtchew. We have Igbos here as Permanent Secretaries. SA. Commissioners. HOR. Etc..

So cut that little slack..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by tiger28: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
His Ibo wife is trying to start "ondo is no man's land"

Yoruba ronu o!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Oluwaseunomo: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
accordadoga25:
Good..

They cannot be trusted.

Trust okòrøs at your own risk.

Before you know it they will start claiming Ondo is no man's land.

I trust the people of Ondo to start flogging them like they did in Akure.

Ondo is not Lagos
I don't even like them talkless of truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
Akeredolu's wife wasn't even allowed to contest for senate in her own state (Imo) simply because her husband is Yoruba, yet they want to impose an Igbo chairperson on Yorubas in their own state.

How come? 🤔

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by xtivin(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
Anything from Aketi wife is not accepted in Ondo I can tell you for free. Her state Governor even denied her a ticket. She has some excesses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Enskynelson(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:
What's the meaning of Odigbo in Yoruba?
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Fren232: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
This is not tribalism, just common sense. It is a grassroot position, does not make sense to give it to an outsider

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by nnamdi640: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:

A Yoruba man is currently employed by governor of Enugu state to head a major agency in the state! Nobody in the state complained because he is Yoruba!

Because of tribalism, you guys supported Tinubu to be president. No sane country will ever support such a disgusting character to be its president but yorubas supported him to rule Nigeria.

Igbos are not primitively minded like you guys. This is so shameful.

Spits!
Don't mind those fools, hatred has eaten deep to their lives, all their problem is Igbo, senseless set of animals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by sorepco(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
R U SURE?

I believe the best male tailors in Onitsha are us Yorubas. The Igbo tailors no see our back sef....they trade only. Some even place 30 orders for SENATOR clothes of different sizes to Yuroba tailors and them retail such in their shops. Yuroba tailors no de jam work for Onitsha

Flathead8:

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

419 Yahaya's Confluence Rice: Dino Melaye Exposes Yahaya Bello / APC ‘ll Pay Dearly For Blocking Me In Oyo – Minister Of Communication, Shittu / Civilian JTF Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Of Them In Borno (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.