Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) (9207 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by sofeo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
Alright
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Mophor: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Avast(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Would you have come here to ask same question if the person is your girlfriend?

Just asking though.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by DenreleDave(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
If na girl, you won't ask b4 you open a shop for her and buy her all what she needs.

Now, it's your brother and you are asking us...

Mcteeewww

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by tamdun: 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Percentage
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Dubetex96(m): 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
[quote author=vincenteger post=125350990]It's not everything you bring online.

If you have the money assist him with the basic things he will need.
Forget the money.
Invest in your bro guy.
No be everything be profit.

u just said my mind sometimes i wonder the kind of siblings our parents are breeding today. Helping your brother must not be transactional. we the guys are doing ourselves {what happened to men lifting their fellow men }had it been that the person you want to help is your wife or sister would u have come here to seek for inconsequential validation

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Blitzking: 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sheggzy007:
Good day Nairalanders
I specifically created a new account to seek for your opinion here
I will like to invest a sum of money for my brother, he's into barbing and he's very good. So he approached me about a vacant space which we can acquire and equipped to a good taste.

I will like to seek for your advice if the barbing salon is set up in my name, how do I deal with the renumeration, should I place him on monthly salary or I give him percentage of what is made at the end of the month after removing expenditure.

Note: He is very loyal and hardworking
Set up the business..register it and create a business acct..all payments should be into the business acct..after all expenses is removed share it 50 50. You can even install cctv.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by bugatti02(m): 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
Business with family relationship involve. Is always difficult. Just set him up and remove eye’s from it… let it be a gift to help him stand or start life.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by jackmrandy: 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sheggzy007:
Good day Nairalanders
I will like to invest a sum of money for my brother, he's into barbing and he's very good. So he approached me about a vacant space which we can acquire and equipped to a good taste.

I will like to seek for your advice if the barbing salon is set up in my name, how do I deal with the renumeration, should I place him on monthly salary or I give him percentage of what is made at the end of the month after removing expenditure.

if you want to help your brother help him. whats the need of learning a trade /handwork and after learning, no one to assist you. not even a family member. now that you have the resources and strength to do it, you are asking the entire world if you should place him on 50;50. see my best advice for you, if you yourself have another source of income and working too, please do well to help your brother whom you just claimed is loyal and hardworking. Mind you business and family don't mix together and this can result to his dissloyalty to you in the future if your expectations are not met. if the money is what you can afford, support him and I bet you he will take you as his earthly god because you just placed food and source of income on his table. everything is not about profit most especiallly if family is involved. so ask him how much he have, support him with what you can and encourage him to grow the business and see as he is going and florishing also. you can as welll bring in more customers to him. A time will come when you will need his help and if he turns the table to monetary value that time how will you feel as a brother?

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by azammi(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sheggzy007:
Good day Nairalanders

any person dat collect interest from is brother is a wicked soul . Y dont you open it for him as your brother . undecided undecided you are just been stingy .

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by vincenteger: 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
flokii:

If tables were turned, will the said brother invest in the poster?
Let him help his brother set up the business, but the guy should settle him later on.

I have seen cases of were sibling help siblings but at the end it didn't go well.
Help them so that tomorrow weather or not it goes well, you will be proud of yourself that at least you did something.
Not every siblings will appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by SpatialKing(m): 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
If is not for school or education I'm not investing in any family member...

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by dtruth50: 1:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
Blitzking:

Set up the business..register it and create a business acct..all payments should be into the business acct..after all expenses is removed share it 50 50. You can even install cctv.
Ah!!!! CCTV on top wetin? Na his brother oooo

I could remember it was my mother that helped me with 80% of the money I used to start my computer shop and she never asked me to be giving her some percentage.

I think it will be better if u should ask him to be returning ur invested money little by little without expecting any interest.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Rick9(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
Invest in him and forget about all that percentage sharing formula. Barbing to me isn't so lucrative (it depends though)
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by kkins25(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
Avast:
Would you have come here to ask same question if the person is your girlfriend?

Just asking though.
facts.
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Jonegonu: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
It will be nice for you to open the business for him and never expect any pay back from him. But if he choose to show some appreciation then nice. Else I will say since he is a loyal boy just settle him, and God will reward you
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by PreshmilliPm(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Bro you know how things turn out when it comes to MONEY sad.... I just pray you guys understand each other

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Tonytonex(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
vincenteger:
It's not everything you bring online.

If you have the money assist him with the basic things he will need.
Forget the money.
Invest in your bro guy.
No be everything be profit.

honestly. If he has enough
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Makunahatata: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
jackmrandy:

if you want to help your brother help him. whats the need of learning a trade /handwork and after learning, no one to assist you. not even a family member. now that you have the resources and strength to do it, you are asking the entire world if you should place him on 50;50. see my best advice for you, if you yourself have another source of income and working too, please do well to help your brother whom you just claimed is loyal and hardworking. Mind you business and family don't mix together and this can result to his dissloyalty to you in the future if your expectations are not met. if the money is what you can afford, support him and I bet you he will take you as his earthly god because you just placed food and source of income on his table. everything is not about profit most especiallly if family is involved. so ask him how much he have, support him with what you can and encourage him to grow the business and see as he is going and florishing also. you can as welll bring in more customers to him. A time will come when you will need his help and if he turns the table to monetary value that time how will you feel as a brother?
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Indigbo: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
Those of you shouting 'forget the money, invest in your brother, yen yen yen' are no different from ingrate siblings with entitlement mentality. He should work his ass up for his money give it to his brother because they're blood. He himself has no responsibilities? For him to even consider his brother to manage it and share profit is a gesture, some brothers won't even think of their younger brother and will give the opportunity to an outsider. If the guy is mart and really want his brother to be responsible and learn from life, he should go ahead with sharing formula and hey will both smile and even open another branch. I shake my head for some people. In igbo business style, it is when you do well and be super good that they will set you up completely. Family business and money issues don't really end well this i can assure you. It works in western world like magic because money means nothing to them.
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Jozilinn: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Firstly, I believe you're doing very well in your chosen field

Secondly, this is your brother's idea, so why not invest in him once and for all and know that you're doing that for humanity than you still wanting another channel to earn from him since you said his a loyal person, so i believe he'll forever remain grateful to you...

Thirdly, it'd have been better if you're into this business before him saying there is a space someone...

my 2cent thou

And what if the brother ends up not serious in this field,I know someone who helped his brother only for the business to fold up everyone needs money, make brother no drag brother down if he gets back his profit let him leave it for him to continue alone. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by azammi(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
Indigbo:
Those of you shouting 'forget the money, invest in your brother, yen yen yen' are no different from ingrate siblings with entitlement mentality. He should work his ass up for his money give it to his brother because they're blood. He himself has no responsibilities? For him to even consider his brother to manage it and share profit is a gesture, some brothers won't even think of their younger brother and will give the opportunity to an outsider. If the guy is mart and really want his brother to be responsible and learn from life, he should go ahead with sharing formula and hey will both smile and even open another branch. I shake my head for some people. In igbo business style, it is when you do well and be super good that they will set you up completely. Family business and money issues don't really end well this i can assure you. It works in western world like magic because money means nothing to them.
you are FOOLLLL.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Sheggzy007: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
esemes256:
Depends on what you want to do. If you see it as an investment and at the same time want to help your brother, see your brother as an employee (like a CEO) put in charge of the business.
No matter what you do, please ensure to draft an agreement and put it in writing.
Thanks for your input
After we establish it, I'm planning of upgrading my CAC from Enterprise to Limited so that he will be part of Director (COO)
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by greatiyk4u(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sheggzy007:

Thanks brother
I'm thinking of percentage too, but not 50/50 since I will still be the one that will maintain the shop and other things

All suggestions and advice are greatly valued. I'm managing myself too, due to high volatility of my own type of business (forex) that's why I decided to invest in physical business.
The location we found will surely boost the business and I will have another stream of income. I will surely come up with an agreement

Thanks for all your suggestions

Here is the idea way to share the money

40% of the profit made goes to your capital
20% is your allowance
While 40% goes to the labour

Making it 60/40

This is the only thing that motivate him to work hard and remain honest and loyal

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by aimalohi: 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
Help him and remove ureyes from any return. Let God pay u. If u r expecting return last last una go fight. If u call it help then do it & leave returns out of it
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by MarketDispatch: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sheggzy007:
Good day Nairalanders
I

If you are settling him, settle him. Set it up for him a give him all.
If you are loaning him, tell him. Set it up for him and tell him to be repaying your loan, and take the business on completion.
If you are investing for yourself and he will have percentage, let him know. Set it up and draw up percentage... challenge is knowing how much he is making.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Blitzking: 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
dtruth50:
Ah!!!! CCTV on top wetin? Na his brother oooo

I could remember it was my mother that helped me with 80% of the money I used to start my computer shop and she never asked me to be giving her some percentage.

I think it will be better if u should ask him to be returning ur invested money little by little without expecting any interest.
Money is a very serious issue..and can separate siblings just for accountability remember giving one of my siblings close to half a million in 2020 to trade was into the sales of fairly used phone..in the 2 month we were in profits and even used the profit then to buy like 3 plots of land..which we planned on doing a poultry then I heard our supplier house got burnt cod there was a gas plant close to the house it took a while for the business to recover but when it finally did my siblings wasn't making return like before but was still paying girlfriend school fees in uni and going to club every weekend..rented a house in a choice estate in lagos. Couldn't lock up my sibling but then I learnt a bitter lesson. For mother they don't expect much they want to see their children succeed.
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Hollyharjii: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Jozilinn:
And what if the brother ends up not serious in this field,I know someone who helped his brother only for the business to fold up everyone needs money, make brother no drag brother down if he gets back his profit let him leave it for him to continue alone. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

I understand your point here thou, but still standing on mine

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by propertyhunter1: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
azammi:
you are FOOLLLL.

You're the real FOOLLLL here because what he said is the fact and truth is always bitter. Grow up and stop being childish.
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by Pzpropertylimit(m): 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
Oh I wish u have this kind of my brother , u won't need to see opinion. Just use ur name and ask him how will he intend to run it for u and him to enjoy the business ? He will explain it better .
Tell him that he will be the one maintaining the shop including rent . Just be having small small thing back .
Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by EngGandalf: 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sheggzy007:
Good day Nairalanders

I’m not trying to be negative. But reality is , family will most probably try to take advantage at some point. Reality

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Investing For A Family Member (brother) by propertyhunter1: 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2023
Blitzking:

Money is a very serious issue..and can separate siblings just for accountability remember giving one of my siblings close to half a million in 2020 to trade was into the sales of fairly used phone..in the 2 month we were in profits and even used the profit then to buy like 3 plots of land..which we planned on doing a poultry then I heard our supplier house got burnt cod there was a gas plant close to the house it took a while for the business to recover but when it finally did my siblings wasn't making return like before but was still paying girlfriend school fees in uni and going to club every weekend..rented a house in a choice estate in lagos. Couldn't lock up my sibling but then I learnt a bitter lesson. For mother they don't expect much they want to see their children succeed.

This is what the people ranting against his brother to share profit are cleverly ignoring. Set of para..sites. If he really want to help his brother to get serious in life and understand the importance of responsibilities, he should share the profit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Mothers-In-law Have A Say In Wedding Preparation? / Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.