Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? (20339 Views)

What Online Skill Can I Learn At 35 / What Profitable Skill Can I Learn Now Before The End Of The Year / A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Benincity: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
BLIVESHEALTH:
I am 23 years old making over 100k monthly. I am into digital marketing and my focus is on paid advertising. People need those who want to run ads for the... The space is getting saturated and my next line of action is to learn Ai, video editing or we 3.

Can we share knowledge on this paid advertising of a thing. If yes pls let me have your contact.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Juicethekid: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
KushLyon:

0*8*1*0*8*8*8*2*6*7*9

Before you dm, make sure you are very good at writing and will be patient enough to learn, the journey isn't easy to be honest and you may give up like I did the first time I joined. Sorry in advance if I don't reply you immediately, I'm currently preparing for my exams
thanks Boss
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by TotoNaRubber: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Some people are making more than N10m per month. It depends on what you do.
Some content creators like MarkAngel are comfortably sitting on N5 to N10 million content materials per month.
lexy2014:

What and what did u do in "digital market" that earned u N2.1m this month?

Is it everybody doing "digital market" that are earning N2.1m in a month?
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Tenrack: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
headboyprince:
contact me, i will show you how to make money at the comfort of your bed without any skill and become millioniare in 2 months.. it's very easy... you dont need to learn any skill... trust me. it's totally free.. cool

no be lie
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by AlphaGrace: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
EmperorVamo:
Ok so I'm gonna say something at this point .

Someone mentioned "learn programming " and I can see the responses he got ... Forget HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT e.t.c ...forget all that crypto, Forex , digital marketing ....

But il say this yes Tech is your surest way of leaving poverty in the next 3 months .

But not as people say it .. (don't do web development or all that frontend and backend shit)

If I were to give one solid advice as my Indian colleagues are doing il say this :

Don't learn programming

Instead learn a CloudNative tool like KUBERNETES
But first you learn Linux, virtualization, Networking , Containerization , then Kubernetes,

Now listen , you start contributing to OPEN SOURCE via GitHub every fucking day ..

Then pick up Technical Writing on these same things ... Join the tech community, we are not loud , but see people get doings like mad

If you do all these and in 4 months you are making at least $700-$1000 dollars Monthly , by December 2023.

See all those people writing off programming up there , are because they only know Web development , frontend , backend people , and that whole HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT nonsense is crowded and saturated ...

I dare anyone here to show me any KUBERNETES ENGINEEER , or Kubernetes enthusiast for the last 4 months who isn't making at least 500 dollars Monthly

I'm waiting

Good afternoon boss, please can you guide me through on this, make I say bye-bye to SAPA.

Can I DM you Sir.
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Tekkyboy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
Greatdober:

0*7*0*3 6*2*6 2*5*7
not complete bruh
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Sunnic4sure: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
Can you teach me graphic designing?
Here ia my email, mezmanny203@gmail.com.
I will be glad if you contact me.

youngtee5:

Do research mind you people are still making it big in tech industry, Nigeria still have low percentage of professionals in tech industry. If you don’t like tech go into content creators/ writing, transcription, digital marketing, SEO, graphic design, video editing.
I’m into graphic design in case you want to learn that
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by coldzobo: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
EmperorVamo:

Over flogged?
Oh you mean HTML, CSS , JAVASCRIPT and all those we development nonsense you all call programming .
Boss you are very correct. I take this your post as the universe giving me a nudge to go ahead and learn dev ops.

Ive been doing a lot of research about it since i went on Upwork and obseved that most devops, kubernates, and docker jobs dont get a lot of bids unlike web dev jobs, and the pay is usually huge.

I was thinking of doing data analysis but almost everybtom dick and harry is doing it couple with the fact that its hard to get remote data jobs, and even data jobs in nigeria are not much.

I then decided to start downloading web dev tutorials today( sold my 0.2 ltc to get #10,000)before i remembered that i have a video of travis media recommending newbies get into tech via dev ops.

Boss abeg do you mind taking me under your wings ? I have 7 months till the end of my service year. I no want dey carry file upandan cry

Ive been learning python since February and i was delighted when i found out its one of the recommended languages to learn while going the dev ops route

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Greatdober: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tekkyboy:
not complete bruh
0*7*0*3*6*2*9*0*2*5*7
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by KushLyon(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
DanielPat01:

Hi, I tried searching for this online, but it seems not much information is coming up about this.

Do you mind dropping any useful link that might atleast help me on way to understanding this platform better and how to make money with it.

I will really appreciate it if you do. Please 🙏
https://hive.blog/faq.html#What_is_Hive_blog

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by lexy2014: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2023
TotoNaRubber:

Some people are making more than N10m per month. It depends on what you do.
Some content creators like MarkAngel are comfortably sitting on N5 to N10 million content materials per month.

What and what did u do in "digital market" that earned u N2.1m this month?

Is it everybody doing "digital market" that are earning N2.1m in a month?

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Sunnic4sure: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Can you coach me on the forex trading?
Here is my email mezmanny203@gmail.com

samz77:
Forex is doing great for me. you need to sit tight and learn it properly
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by omonla10(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
tetralogyfallot:
Forex seems to be paying but around me I hardly see people who have made it from forex sha o
fore can make u suicidal o.. Run ooo. I was among the first set of traders.. 2006 till like 2013...
Forget these forex stories, most of them na yahoo.

U can make it with forex though but the chances is like 5%.(i stand to be corrected)

I remember when I collected 17k from my bros is 2008..bought liberty reserve(dollars then). The money vanished in just under 3mins..i lost my integrity that day cos my bros no ever believe me. Till now, I still carry that guilt with me although I've repaid him over 20 times, still feeling guilty

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Alamkir: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
Brokeness:

IMO, I think this programmer stuff have been over flogged and have lost it's relevance.. I may be wrong.

But aren't there other well paying non tech skills?

If you want non tech go for 6 months professional course on project management.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by sircrabo: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
omonla10:
fore can make u suicidal o.. Run ooo. I was among the first set of traders.. 2006 till like 2013...
Forget these forex stories, most of them na yahoo.

U can make it with forex though but the chances is like 5%.(i stand to be corrected)

I remember when I collected 17k from my bros is 2008..bought liberty reserve(dollars then). The money vanished in just under 3mins..i lost my integrity that day cos my bros no ever believe me. Till now, I still carry that guilt with me although I've repaid him over 20 times, still feeling guilty

Forex pays if you are disciplined. The percentage of successful traders we have are the few disciplined ones. If you ever lost money trading fx, sit back and ponder over your trading strategies and you'll see where you f**ked up. Its greed that kills most traders. If the likes of jefferey, habby, dapo Willis and some quiet dudes I know are milking the market, what makes you think you can't ?
Most people who taught forex 2005-2008 were mediocre traders. No experience. No access to resources. Internet wasn't handy back then....
Learn the skill very well from a mentor with good track record, reduce your expectations and start earning decent return monthly (10% - 15%)

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Collins1507(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
turmacs:
The way people like you are quick to mention or recommend programming anytime someone ask for advice on a skill to learn,one will think that it's something everyone can do..You people are gradually bastardising this field and making it look like a get rich quick something.... 95% of Acclaimed programmers in Nigeria only started programming because of this same thing you're preaching to the OP and that is why most of them are and will remain quacks.. Nowadays i wouldn't even advice any company to hire Nigerian programmers because all of them are in it with the hope of getting rich quick.. But one thing i really love about that field is that, if 100 people Start the journey today, 90 will give up along the way, and 5 will end up becoming quacks... the field just has a way of filtering the best and those that really have the passion for it..

The filtering is not small, when it gets to the 3rd level, you'll have no option than to advise yourself to find another path for yourself.
I think it's over_hyped too.
The whites can't release the main secret to us and loose dominance in the tech world.

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by omonla10(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
sircrabo:

Forex pays if you are disciplined. The percentage of successful traders we have are the few disciplined ones. If you ever lost money trading fx, sit back and ponder over your trading strategies and you'll see where you f**ked up. Its greed that kills most traders
u are very correct but remember that people's standard of living might make them greedy by default. U always want to break the poverty barrier In ur lineage and this in itself makes u greedy unknowingly.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Hannania(m): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
Brokeness:

IMO, I think this programmer stuff have been over flogged and have lost it's relevance.. I may be wrong.

But aren't there other well paying non tech skills?
The state of California alone has more tech people than the whole of Africa combined. As a developing nation, the possibilities are endless. Those developers add innovative value that create more products, which means more revenue and more growth opportunities.

It's ironic and ignorant to say tech is flooded even in Nigeria. It's shows you need a background info first, before thinking of venturing into it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Pythonista297: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Brokeness:
Good day nairalanders. I believe this is a great forum with lots of intelligent folks.. and that is why I have come to seek your counsel. Even though I haven't met anyone here but nairaland is like my online family

I think these are some key facts to note before you dish your advice (s). Here we go;

-I am a 23 years old male.
-I am the only son and eldest in a family of 2 and my dad is late.
-I am in 100 level (sponsored by my mum's relations) doing a 4 years course but sorry to say this, I don't rate school at all.. just there for the certificate (even though the course is highly rated)
-I am a pump attendant on a 25k salary (night work 7PM to 6AM) with one night off in a week.
-I have a nice USA used HP laptop that is laying idle in my room and my strong Tecno camon which can be used to learn some valuable skills.
-Lastly, I have the zeal to learn an online skill that can be very profitable in 3 to 6 months time and would stand the test of time in a long time to come; but I don't know which, how or where to start from. I seriously need to add another source of income (online) as this my current work is exhausting coupled with my schooling. No rest at all.

Pls my elders in the house, I sincerely need your advice at this critical point in my life. I don't want to make a grave mistake of not learning an online skill and be left out in the digital word. I don't want to continue forever in paid employment. It's no fun. I want to help myself and my family. I don't want to explain tire..

Kindly feel free to ask me whatever you may need to know. I will be reading from the comments. Thanks.
why not go into tech i mean learn programming
thats the fast rising aspect people are negelecting and in some years to come you would be glad you did learn it
i have a very sure plug and affordable one for you if you dont mind
you can hit me up 09167450051 or whatsappme 08027615167
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Ray07(m): 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
iykepromotions:
Learn domaining. Check this free awareness thread; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online
the boss has spoken.
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Lucian1: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
My gee I would advise you to learn a HIGH-INCOME SKILL, it's the most profitable thing to do currently. I mean with the laptop and phone you are having it would be easier to start. I can introduce you to one if you want.
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Slimplush: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
youngtee5:

Do research mind you people are still making it big in tech industry, Nigeria still have low percentage of professionals in tech industry. If you don’t like tech go into content creators/ writing, transcription, digital marketing, SEO, graphic design, video editing.
if you can see this my post, kindly quote me with how to chat you outside of nairaland, my location is Abuja though and I maybe interested in learning graphic design, if distance won't be a barrier, thanks...

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by adegunahmed(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
KushLyon:

I sent you a mail.
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by damoobaba: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
youngtee5:

Am interested in graphics design. Do you use coral draw?

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Slimplush: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
ecomalchemistt:
Drop servicing

Sales and Marketing.

Facebook and IG ads.

Search Engine Optimization.

I'd give you some of those courses for free.
Please how do I contact you sir??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Greenfaces: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2023
seanwilliam:
hmm . Tell me about this please

Its about designing circuits on softwares that engineers can develop into devices people use. An example is inverter circuit. If you have the design on pcb, you can sell the raw files or even the pcb plates like the pictures i posted. Then whoever buys it can now solder the components and complete the device to sell. Its a highly lucrative skill on freelancing websites like upwork

5 Likes

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Greenfaces: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
interherber:
I am interested, how do I get started ?
Just take a course on udemy or even get free videos on youtube.
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Benbastic: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Interested
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Greenfaces: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
wittywriter:

Are you open to mentorship partnership? If yes kindly quote me with your digit on my profile thread.

Wittyness
No i don't really know how to mentor. I can just show you where to learn and probably share resources with you. Im not consistent online. Im on and off

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Simisima(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
You can start by making money online writing book and selling on Amazon. DM on WhatsApp to learn more 08062826084

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Benbastic: 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Slimplush:

Please how do I contact you sir??
interested please
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Babtunz: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
turmacs:
The way people like you are quick to mention or recommend programming anytime someone ask for advice on a skill to learn,one will think that it's something everyone can do..You people are gradually bastardising this field and making it look like a get rich quick something.... 95% of Acclaimed programmers in Nigeria only started programming because of this same thing you're preaching to the OP and that is why most of them are and will remain quacks.. Nowadays i wouldn't even advice any company to hire Nigerian programmers because all of them are in it with the hope of getting rich quick.. But one thing i really love about that field is that, if 100 people Start the journey today, 90 will give up along the way, and 5 will end up becoming quacks... the field just has a way of filtering the best and those that really have the passion for it..

The way some of you open your mouth and spew balderdash on this forum is mind-boggling.

95% of Nigerian programmers are quacks? Nonsense. I need you to come explain where you got that data from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland / Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers / Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.