Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before (5034 Views)

What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by AuschwitzPrefec: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
If I post the video of them roasting and eating human flesh now dem go call for my ban.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
flokii:

Yeah right.. cocoyam.

Why you dey answer floki e be like you like that movie called Vinland saga
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
If I post the video of them roasting and eating human flesh now dem go call for my ban.

Just made sure say na your mama you go post .

Nobody go ban you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by AuschwitzPrefec: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2023
All these useless topics on Ibo culinary is to divert us from the growing resurgence of cannibalism in Ibo land .

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2023
Achicha is one of the local food prepared by Enugu people, Achicha which is made of dry cocoyam can be prepared with fresh akidi, or fio fio, achicha can also be prepared alone with just scent leaf. Achicha is loved by both people of Enugu state and visitor’s and mostly prepared by the people of Awgu, Nsukka and Ezeagu of Enugu state.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2023
Oha soup is considered to be one of the best representatives of food in the Igbo culture. Many Nigerians believe that this soup was created by their tribe, but the origins of this soup are still connected with Igbo. The Oha soup is mainly served with Fufu, the soup contains many meat and fishes to make look richer, its a must eat to say.

7 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2023
Mindlog:

Okpa is bambara nut not beans.
it’s still beans and some other ingredients that was used to prepared it. It can be eat with pap
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2023
flokii:

Okpa is not moi moi o.. the two looks similar but are not.
Moi moi is made from beans, but okpa is made from a different seed in the family of beans. The okpa is very common in the East up till Benue and Abuja.. I had well prepared ones in Enugu.
it’s still beans and some other ingredients that was used to prepared it. It can be eat with pap .
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Onugbu is a popular soup of Igbo tribe of Eastern Nigeria. although Ofe Onugbu cut across the entire Igbo land, it is more peculiar to the Igbo people of Anambra and Enugu State. Onugbu is the Igbo word for Bitter-leaf, although the name of the soup is bitter leaf soup, the soup itself is not bitter at all because the leaf must be thoroughly washed to get rid of the bitterness before it is used.

11 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Nsala is a very mouth-watering white soup indigenous to the people of Eastern and Riverline areas of Nigeria. ofe nsala is very a tasty and quite easy to make, ofe nsala is mainly prepared for nursing mothers although its open to every one, this delicacy is traditionally made without the use of palm oil as compared to other Igbo soups that require red palm oil as one of its main ingredients. The total absence of the palm oil is what makes this dish so appealing to new mothers.

7 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Akwu is a very popular soup of Igbo people of South Eastern and south southern parts of Nigeria. In the South Eastern parts of Nigeria, ofe akwu is used mainly as stew and eaten with white rice while our brothers at the other side of the river niger commonly eat ofe akwu which they also refer as banga soup can be taken with various fufu recipes such as, Starch, Pounded Yam, Semolina, Garri and Cassava Fufu.

7 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Owerri is one of the most popular soup of the Igbo people and the expensive too. Ofe Owerri is more peculiar to the owerri people where it got it name from, ofe owerri is made with assorted meat like cow meat, snails, dried fish, stock fish etc.

9 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Okazi is an Igbo soup made from the okazi leave and ugu . This delicious meal can be prepared in different ways depending on the state, while some prefer to use both ugu leave and okazi leave in preparing the soup, some prefer to use just the okazi leave. which ever way the okazi soup is prepared it can not be called okazi if the okazi leave is not used in the preparation. okazi is prepared with assorted fish, meat, spices and a soup thickener which can be either ofor, achi or ede.

8 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Elo – Mushroom Soup

8 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2023
9jahotblog:
it’s still beans and some other ingredients that was used to prepared it. It can be eat with pap .

Very correct
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 11:36am On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

Very correct
thanks for your reply. I’ve eat it before now
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by ebufa: 11:48am On Aug 26, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
All these useless topics on Ibo culinary is to divert us from the growing resurgence of cannibalism in Ibo land .

Your inferiority complex around ndigbo shines through!!! Mumu

16 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2023
flokii:

Okpa is not moi moi o.. the two looks similar but are not.
Moi moi is made from beans, but okpa is made from a different seed in the family of beans. The okpa is very common in the East up till Benue and Abuja.. I had well prepared ones in Enugu.
Okpa which is bambara nut is not from the family of beans. They don't have anything in common.

4 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:
Ofe Owerri is one of the most popular soup of the Igbo people and the expensive too. Ofe Owerri is more peculiar to the owerri people where it got it name from, ofe owerri is made with assorted meat like cow meat, snails, dried fish, stock fish etc.
It's not more expensive than others. I don't know why people say so. Is it because one musician said that and we simply get along with it?

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Okpa which is bambara nut is not from the family of beans. They don't have anything in common.

Really?

I thought it was kind of some special beans
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Achi

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 11:58am On Aug 26, 2023
9jahotblog:
U could have simply checked it out instead of this.
I too know.
Made me check you out
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Morbeta11(m): 11:59am On Aug 26, 2023
Make I scatter table ...

7 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Ukpo – Ukpo Soup

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

Really?

I thought it was kind of some special beans
Nope.

It's not from the family of beans

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by fx45(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
flokii:
The 2nd pics is abacha and I dey eat am.. the 1st is roasted yam and sauce.
3rd is okpa with something but the okpa is everywhere.. even the seed that looks like beans.
That's Cocoyam and not roasted yam
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
Morbeta11:
Make I scatter table ...

One woman for Owerri just make me hate abacha completely.

I fit eat the fish and kpomo
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Nope.

It's not from the family of beans

We learn everyday.

Thank you
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:
Ofe Onugbu is a popular soup of Igbo tribe of Eastern Nigeria. although Ofe Onugbu cut across the entire Igbo land, it is more peculiar to the Igbo people of Anambra and Enugu State. Onugbu is the Igbo word for Bitter-leaf, although the name of the soup is bitter leaf soup, the soup itself is not bitter at all because the leaf must be thoroughly washed to get rid of the bitterness before it is used.
This is my best soup.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by fx45(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
9jahotblog:
it’s called moi moi in Yoruba language. It’s called bean cake in English language
When did Okpa become moi-moi?
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by APOPTOSIS: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
@OP@Uyomiya
What Camera took this picture?

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Mpoto – Mpoto Soup

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Craziest Food Combination You Have Ever Tried? / Any Good Restaurants In Lagos? / Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.