Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before (5035 Views)

What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Blake755: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Hahahaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hate the smell too.
I hate okpei smell
I hate iru smell.
Let me take it international.
I hate Japanese misu smell.
But guess what?
What you get from those fermented smelly products, your fish and meat will never give you that healthwise.
They are the most healthy stuff one can eat. The sweet things of this world are not good for our health kiss
But you see these stinky stuffs, they will keep you out of the doctors office.
Trust me on this.

I'm even looking for the real ogiri where I am, I can't see. See life cheesy
Swears make i no lie the vegetables soup was more than delicious
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2023
Danisaint112:

You no Sabi anything. grin Egusi of all soup. Has an Anambra woman that really knows how to cook prepared Egusi soup for you before?

It's just like Ofe nsala (White soup) if an imo woman prepares it for you, you will hate it. But if a born and bred neat Anambra woman does you will remit your wristswatch without regret for third plate. grin
Anybody can prepare any soup regardless of the state. That you ate one from amanbra or imo woman doesn't men an Enugu woman can't prepare them well. You haven't met. Somebody from cross river can still smash bitter leaf soup.
Let it rest pls.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Blake755: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

See you.

If them use that flat ogiri when Yoruba people dey sell cook red oil rice for you man you must kwere
Omo chaii
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
Blake755:

Omo chaii

Wait e be like you really never try flat ogiri when them scatter for palm oil rice o

Hahahababab

Omo go get girlfriend Sharp Sharp
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
Blake755:

Swears make i no lie the vegetables soup was more than delicious
You see your life cheesy cheesy

They smell bad but put them in a dish, lovely kiss
Except usa and European countries, I have researched, all countries of the world have one stinky fermented something they use to make their signature traditional cuisines.

Those things saved us from covid 19.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Except usa and European countries, I have researched, all countries of the world have one stinky fermented something they use to make their signature traditional cuisines.

Hahahah nigga confess
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Joyson: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
Omo hungry din dey catch me i swear shocked
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
Osani (Ose Ani)

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Joyson: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
Omo hungry don dey catch me i swear
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2023
Joyson:
Omo hungry din dey catch me i swear shocked

Hahahah
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:
Achicha is one of the local food prepared by Enugu people, Achicha which is made of dry cocoyam can be prepared with fresh akidi, or fio fio, achicha can also be prepared alone with just scent leaf. Achicha is loved by both people of Enugu state and visitor’s and mostly prepared by the people of Awgu, Nsukka and Ezeagu of Enugu state.
The BESTβœ…βœ…βœ…
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Danisaint112(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Anybody can prepare any soup regardless of the state. That you ate one from amanbra or imo woman doesn't men an Enugu woman can't prepare them well. You haven't met. Somebody from cross river can still smash bitter leaf soup.
Let it rest pls.

Sure but I am giving you my verdict as an Igbo man without doing it to belittle or make anyone feel inferior.

They way Anambra prepares White soup is different from the way imo people do. I'm speaking from experience too.

Ask anyone not from Imo and they give you the story for free grin

Sure anybody can prepare a certain meal so well regardless of the state, depending on the who they learnt from.

Fact is, majority of Imo women get it wrong because that is how they were taught. You get?

Don't go try an Imo women white soup first because there is a high possibility you won't be liking it and would be one of those that end up claiming the soup is overhyped.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Danisaint112(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

E reach like that ??πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Na so. smiley When it comes to cooking in Igbo land it's Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Imo then Ebonyi.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

The BESTβœ…βœ…βœ…

Your favorite?
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
Danisaint112:

Na so. smiley When it comes to cooking in Igbo land it's Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Imo then Ebonyi.

You like food die .

Why not marry one from each state πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by siofra(f): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hei!!

It's like I'll do my NYSC in an Igbo state cheesy
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2023
siofra:
Hei!!

Aha aha na

This is no more foodie o

It's now full blown gluttony

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2023
Danisaint112:

Sure but I am giving you my verdict as an Igbo man without doing it to belittle or make anyone feel inferior.

They way Anambra prepares White soup is different from the way imo people do. I'm speaking from experience too.

Ask anyone not from Imo and they give you the story for free grin

Sure anybody can prepare a certain meal so well regardless of the state, depending on the who they learnt from.

Fact is, majority of Imo women get it wrong because that is how they were taught. You get?

Don't go try an Imo women white soup first because there is a high possibility you won't be liking it and would be one of those that end up claiming the soup is overhyped.

Don't pls. White soup is originally know as fisherman soup. All riverine area in Nigeria and around the world have various ways of making fisherman soup.
Actually, the White soup you know today in Nigeria originated from onitsha.
It's onitsha traditional food with corn meal( nri Γ²ka)
Can you see why I said don't go there?
When you are married into an onitsha family, that's the soup you are supposed to make and serve the elders when they congregate.
When you go to obi of onitsha Palace, that's the soup you are served with nri Γ²ka.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Danisaint112(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

You like food die .

Why not marry one from each state πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I probably would have, if my religion permits it and if that I am not a lover of Peace.

But I want my air siren and peaceful. The thought of building a warzone by myself which will last after my existence is a no, no for me.

So thanks I will pass. smiley
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Blake755: 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

What do the use to produce the ogiri
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Don't pls. White soup is originally know as fisherman soup. All riverine area in Nigeria and around the world have various ways of making fisherman soup.
When you are married into an onitsha family, that's the soup you are supposed to make and serve the elders when they congregate.
When you go to obi of onitsha Palace, that's the soup you are served with nri Γ²ka.

That means you kind of partially agree with him on the Anambra stuff meaning they know how to cook the soup very well more than others .

Because they were born to it
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
Danisaint112:

I probably would have, if my religion permits it and if that I am not a lover of Peace.

But I want my air siren and peaceful. The thought of building a warzone by myself which will last after my existence is a no, no for me.

So thanks I will pass. smiley

Hahahahah

Mehn don really cause problem with Thier hands o.

As for me I'm thinking if I get to 80 or 75 by God grace.

I will just jeje go to Nigeria stay in the village and begin to cause problem.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Wired right ? I need something to keep the BP running.

I will buy a land and sell it to 2 people then use old age and pretend u til they fight πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2023
Blake755:

What do the use to produce the ogiri

I think it's fermented egusi
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Raf4: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
The chopped leaf is not ewedu and cannot be pounded with a dirty broom

When we se Ewedu we know it and everybody knows it. It is totally different from the stubborn grass, as displayed, that you people consume pitiably.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Danisaint112(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

And where is Onitsha located? We are literally saying the same thing. Anambra makes the best white soup. Accept it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Blake755: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

I think it's fermented egusi
Really here there are ones produce with crayfish too i think it's different varieties
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
Blake755:

Really here there are ones produce with crayfish too i think it's different varieties

Seriously?

Mehn I don't know, one thing I know for sure is that no matter how it smells or the way it was made .

That shit is damn healthy than many western drugs
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Really?

I don't know it can purge. I don't like the smell.
And it's too oily.

@Uyomiya and @Descarado

Egusi is the MOST proteinous food available in Nigeria.
More so than beef, egg, ground nut, milk, chicken, beans, you name it. And has more fat too. So expectedly, it should purge.

So in this harse economic times, it's a back to back in my house because of my kids. And oh, how they do love it.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Danisaint112(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

That means you kind of partially agree with him on the Anambra stuff meaning they know how to cook the soup very well more than others .

Because they were born to it

Dude might be from Imo state or have a girlfriend from Imo or maybe his mom is probably Imo cheesy
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
Joshvent:

@Uyomiya and @Descarado

Egusi is the MOST proteinous food available in Nigeria.
More so than beef, egg, ground nut, milk, chicken, beans, you name it. And has more fat too. So expectedly, it should purge.

So in this harse economic times, it's a back to back in my house because of my kids. And oh, how they do love it.

I do eat egusi but not like it's my best soup or something I can eat from morning till night like ogbono.

Anytime I eat egusi more than once in a row I Purge.

Like if I eat egusi today and eat it tomorrow problem.

I can only eat it today and maybe eat it again kin 2 weeks time .
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by fx45(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
siofra:
Hei!!

Or maybe an Igbo man would marry you when you become of age.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Danisaint112:

Dude might be from Imo state or have a girlfriend from Imo or maybe his mom is probably Imo cheesy

He made a fair point about trying to compete the cooking between states tho.

But also it's true about Anambra women and soups.

They are super blessed, unless the new genz Anambra women.

Older Anambra women are not good in cooking rice and noodles.

Omg especially jellof rice .

But soup they are perfect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Any Good Restaurants In Lagos? / Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" / Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.