Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before (4992 Views)

What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

This is my best soup.

Mine is ogbono
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
@OP@Uyomiya
What Camera took this picture?

I asked thi exact question on Twitter the original owner of the pic .

Guy I no sure say na phone maybe na mini Canon camera
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
fx45:
When did Okpa become moi-moi?
in Yoruba type of bean cake, the chef used pure grinded beans in preparing it unlike the Igbo chef πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ own. It’s still bean cake
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

One woman for Owerri just make me hate abacha completely.

I fit eat the fish and kpomo
There are diff ways to make abacha.
I prefer the way my folks make abacha than the popular one that is everywhere.

It's called abacha anambra. U use ncha made with ogiri as your base. We don't use stockfish rather dry meat or dry mangala fish. The ncha is made with loads of crayfish. That is the abacha we serve in laws anytime there is a gathering and believe me, not anybody know how to prepare such abacha. Yours truly can't. I only eat it whenever I go to the village. Oil used is always fresh oil.
Serve with palmwine. If you eat this with igwurube, you will be in heaven grin kiss

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

U could have simply checked it out instead of this.
I too know.
Made me check you out
I’ve eat it before now. Igbo type of moi moi only contains some ingredients in it unlike Yoruba type of moi moi that contains grinding cooked beans with palm oil and other ingredients added to it
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
. Ofe Akpalata – Akpalata Soup

Also known as mahogany soup

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

Mine is ogbono
Not really a huge fan. Occasionally yes. My worst soup is egwusi. I can only eat with ogbono combined.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

It's called abacha anambra. U use ncha made with ogiri as your base. We don't use stockfish rather dry meat or dry mangala fish. The ncha is made with loads of crayfish. That is the abacha we serve in laws anytime there is a gathering and believe me, not anybody know how to prepare such abacha. Yours truly can't. I only eat it whenever I go to the village. Oil used is always fresh oil.
Serve with palmwine. If you eat this with igwurube, you will be in heaven grin kiss

There is one my mom used to gwo with Ncha then inside mortar.

The thing is many abacha sellers sell dried abacha and I don't like dried food .

Even to the point one was selling Abacha jellof completely made me hate it , and what pains me the most is that some will add akidi

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Not really a huge fan. Occasionally yes. My worst soup is egwusi. I can only eat with ogbono combined.

Tahhhhhhh me and egusi mba.

That soup Sabi purge person.

E go just disgrace you when you dey with important people
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
9jahotblog:
I’ve eat it before now. Igbo type of moi moi only contains some ingredients in it unlike Yoruba type of moi moi that contains grinding cooked beans with palm oil and other ingredients added to it
Igbo people are explaining what they cook and eat to you and you are doing itk.

Suit yourself. Let me enjoy this thread as I love it.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by APOPTOSIS: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

I asked thi exact question on Twitter the original owner of the pic .
Guy I no sure say na phone maybe na mini Canon camera
I ask because my phone is 200megapixel but I doubt its 200megapixel can yield such.
I may graduate to 300megapixel grin grin
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

Tahhhhhhh me and egusi mba.

That soup Sabi purge person.

E go just disgrace you when you dey with important people
Really?

I don't know it can purge. I don't like the smell.
And it's too oily.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Igbo people are explaining what they cook and eat to you and you are doing itk.

Suit yourself. Let me enjoy this thread as I love it.
you are very funny here. Op confirmed what I said now.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by fx45(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
9jahotblog:
in Yoruba type of bean cake, the chef used pure grinded beans in preparing it unlike the Igbo chef πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ own. It’s still bean cake
I don't understand your argument. Okpa and moi-moi aren't the same, not made from the same, don't taste the same and not prepared the same.

4 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

I ask because my phone is 200megapixel but I doubt its 200megapixel can yield such.

I swear.

The camera is really good I must confess
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Really?

I don't know it can purge. I don't like the smell.
And it's too oily.

Hahahaha

If egusi do you something you go beg God
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by fx45(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
9jahotblog:
What exactly is wrong with you? Stop delving into things you aren't familiar with

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
fx45:
What exactly is wrong with you? Stop delving into things you aren't familiar with
ok oooo . I don hear you oooo
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Ujuju – Ujuju Soup

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
Uyomiya:

There is one my mom used to gwo with Ncha then inside mortar.

The thing is many abacha sellers sell dried abacha and I don't like dried food .

Even to the point one was selling Abacha jellof completely made me hate it , and what pains me the most is that some will add akidi
So many don't know that abacha has a particular texture when you eat it. I never buy abacha from sellers. Forget the garnishing. People are there for the garnishing not the taste of abacha itself. And they use potash. Which makes o e end up with upset stomach. I dare not patronise them. My abacha must be made with ngΓΉ and from hands I know and trust.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by saintfieldcastro: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mbaise, Mbano and Mbieri people of Imos state have the crown for preparing all varieties of soup both indigenous and foreign. From Afang, Onugbu, Nsala, Ofe Owerri etc. One love to Igbo nation.
Igbo Amaka!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Blake755: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

I hate that ogiri pass anything the smell but when i ate food cooked with it i didn't believe it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Why taking credit for what's not yours.
You are bigger than this.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

So many don't know that abacha has a particular texture when you eat it. I never buy abacha from sellers. Forget the garnishing. People are there for the garnishing not the taste of abacha itself. And they use potash. Which makes o e end up with upset stomach. I dare not patronise them. My abacha must be made with ngΓΉ and from hands I know and trust.

This is a valid point I think I will try home made abacha again once more .

Because I was totally confused about what I spent my money on that made me loose interest.

Sometimes when I'm hungry in the afternoon I just but that road side beans they gwo like abacha I feel it's better
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
saintfieldcastro:
Mbaise, Mbano and Mbieri people of Imos state have the crown for preparing all varieties of soup both indigenous and foreign. From Afang, Onugbu, Nsala, Ofe Owerri etc. One love to Igbo nation.
Igbo Amaka!

Anambra mother might not get rice well or other food but you see soups Omo no play o

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2023
Blake755:

I hate that ogiri pass anything the smell but when i ate food cooked with it i didn't believe it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

See you.

If them use that flat ogiri when Yoruba people dey sell cook red oil rice for you man you must kwere
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
Blake755:

Hahahaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hate the smell too.
I hate okpei smell
I hate iru smell.
Let me take it international.
I hate Japanese misu smell.
But guess what?
What you get from those fermented smelly products, your fish and meat will never give you that healthwise.
They are the most healthy stuff one can eat. The sweet things of this world are not good for our health kiss
But you see these stinky stuffs, they will keep you out of the doctors office.
Trust me on this.

I'm even looking for the real ogiri where I am, I can't see. See life cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ofe Osumada – Osumada Soup

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Danisaint112(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

You no Sabi anything. grin Egusi of all soup. Has an Anambra woman that really knows how to cook prepared Egusi soup for you before?

It's just like Ofe nsala (White soup), if an imo woman prepares it for you, you will hate it. But if a born and bred neat Anambra woman does you will remit your wristswatch without regret for third plate. grin
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by descarado: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2023
saintfieldcastro:
Igbo Amaka!
Pls stop. Must it be competition. Una no dey tire.
What kind of inferiority complex is this?

This is how you guys always open room for others to attack you.
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2023
descarado:

Hahahaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hate the smell too.
I hate okpei smell
I hate iru smell.
Let me take it international.
I hate Japanese misu smell.
But guess what?
What you get from those fermented smelly products, your fish and meat will never give you that healthwise.
They are the most healthy stuff one can eat. The sweet things of this world are not good for our health kiss
But you see these stinky stuffs, they will keep you out of the doctors office.
Trust me on this.

I'm even looking for the real ogiri where I am, I can't see. See life cheesy

Leave am let him be forming ajebor.

Flat ogiri that Yoruba women sell that one that use to be like egusi.

My mom never Miss to out it inside palm oil rice then.

Guy Omo abeg I just wish one can rewind life
Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by Uyomiya: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
Danisaint112:

You no Sabi anything. grin Egusi of all soup. Has an Anambra woman that really knows how to cook prepared Egusi soup for you before?

It's just like Ofe nsala (White soup) if an imo woman prepares it for you, you will hate it. But if a born and bred neat Anambra woman does you will remit your wristswatch without regret for third plate. grin

E reach like that ??πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Own A Catering Or Cake Baking Business? Call Now For A Business Website / GARRI: Name Source; Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, Hausa Etc / D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.