Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? (10404 Views)

Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Many Prayers Are Returned To The Prayer Himself, It's Funny / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kei144(m): 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sin is the cause of all problems in the world. Whatever that can remove sin from your life can solve all your problems. There is only one thing that the Bible says can remove sin from the life of a human being and it is the life of God.

Ro. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son; much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

There is only one place where the Bible says that we can find the life of God; the word of God.

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life ; and the life was the light of men.

Ro. 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness ; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jos. 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth ; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein : for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Form the habit of frequently speaking out God's commandments and promises, applying them to yourself, and the life of God will build up in you. The life of God working in you will kill sin in your life and God will take care of your problems.

https://www.nairaland.com/7817492/salvation-sin
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by agabaI23(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
I've been going to church year after year, month after month, week after week and day after day but it seems all the prophetic declerations and AMENS i've been shouting is nt working. What is wrong lord? Where am i getting it wrong?
what must i do?
Give me an example of what you prayed for that has not been answered?
Matt 9:28

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by CHIGIM: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
No this and have peace of mind.
There is no sykdaddy anywhere to pick ur call or prayers.
Be it Christian God or Islamic Allah or any traditional God.
They exist only in ur head.
No this and have peace

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by hahn(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
I've been going to church year after year, month after month, week after week and day after day but it seems all the prophetic declerations and AMENS i've been shouting is nt working. What is wrong lord? Where am i getting it wrong?
what must i do?

God doesn't exist.

Stop wasting your time praying and work for the things you want in life.

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by zakkxx: 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hahahahaha Oga you funny, I feel your pains. Oga you cannot bribe God; Do u still fornicate? If u are married are u loving and not cheating on your wife? If your wife angry with you God will not answer. Do u steal in the office, Do u lie, etc if any of the answer above is yes he will not answer you. Ask God for mercy, live a righteous life and he will answer before you pray.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by 23Ju: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?
Pray a prayer of partnership. Like oh God, if you do this for me, i will evangelize for you.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kay25(m): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?
I have been asking God for something .ore than 10 years yet he hasn't done it for me but he has answered me...what u think the answer is ..is not the way God is working and walking through be patient enough to know what He wants to do 2 Ask him to show up himself to you on what to do exactly 3learnt the act of hearing God specifically
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by killsmith(f): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?

Prayers do not work.

God gave you one thing and that thing is what makes you a God.
He gave you a brain.

With the brain, we have created aeroplanes, we now go to the moon. We have cellphones. With the brain, we have tamed the lions, elephants etc.

But with prayers, we have not been able to discover or invent anything. Africa is backward because we are too dependent on prayers and not encouraged to use our brains.

You see a pastor tell you that whatever problem you have, once he prays for you, the problem is gone. But this same conman cannot pray for money for his church building project. He rather ask the congregation.

Africans have been praying for centuries, where is the evidence of answered prayers?

Prayer is for fools. For the mentally lazy.

That problem you're disturbing God for a solution, someone somewhere used his brain to solve the problem.

Make use of your brain, black man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?
You are absolutely right to say that none of your prayers are being answered and this reason is that God never changes His mind. undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

So, what you need to do, is begin now, seeking first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's Righteousness ... do not confuse these in any way with religious rituals as God is far away away the religious. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
Klington:
:oThis is actually a million dollars question?
Maybe we're not praying aright just like this school owner.
It is a million dollar question at all. God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; that has been known for 1000s of years. But people rather choose to believe God has changed His mind to placate themselves in the ignorance. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by zhirkovrado(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Before praying those prayers, make sure you are free from iniquity, have faith and a clear conscience.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
wanimo:
That you are alive is an answered prayers. That you have a phone with data is an answered prayer.
That you are healthy and able to post on this bigoted platform called Nairaland is an answered prayer.

God answers prayers that he knows is best for you. You pray according to God's will not according to your wishes. You are by far better than the shaky shaky Baba druggie whose desperation for power is about making him plunge Nigeria and the ECOWAS region into a proxy war
That is a huge lie. The reason you are alive has simply to do with the fact that death has yet to come for you. From the point of your conception you also began dying so death is inevitable, thanks to God - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 24. The same applies also to unbelievers who do not pray undecided

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
vastolord4:
Patience and Action kills the bird.. continue with prayers, and also have a clear heart. Don't pray like a bishop and act like a demon! Help people with the little you have, have a clear judgment and never be biased! Say something and mean it cos God doesn't like people without a firm though and decision.. expect you want to worship another god who gifts according to what you can offer. Happy sunday
Many people die with their prayers on their tongue and are never saved. Patience means nothing to God if wielded by an unrighteous. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
efeteb:
God still answers prayers. God has principles he follows. God is not moved by tears, but he obeys his principles. Check yourself very well and tell yourself the truth. Being religious does not move God rather what moves him is obedience to his word.

Also check the alter of the person praying for you when you where shouting amen.
Saying so much yet saying absolutely nothing... the religious scam. God said He does not answer the prayers or the unrighteous; it is that simple. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2023
jconsulting:
God does not owe you anything, but he has giving you hands and legs plus brain to think, God will have mercy on whom he chooses to have mercy upon , you cannot put God under pressure.

Read the bible and ask him to direct your thoughts.... Peace be unto you.
There is no truth to that at all. undecided

God owes all those who abide in Him--- the righteous--- every promise He made to them. It is the unrighteous that He said He owes nothing to. Unrighteous, the reason God gave for why He answers none of the prayers of those who do not abide in absolute obedience to Him. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Texcyndy: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

There is no God son...I know alot of you all will quote and insult me but no worries
Humans are the most unintelligent animals

Yet they claim to be smart..

How do you say you are alive because of the grace of God
So what happened to the forty thousands people that died in Turkey earthquake...so no one among them have the grace of God?
You know son that smoking weed is really not too good. It is high time you stopped it. It will help you to really think well.
Cheers
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Omobaaloogun:
■ Try thanking God for the rest of this year don't ask him anything just thank him ....
Thank him for what he has done
Thank him for from where you are coming from
God is not your eejit abeg. He never asked you to thank him as way to get answers from Him so why would you believe He responds to such? undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by simplesearch: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hebrews 10:36 (KJV) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by judedwriter(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?

Keep asking. God will surely answer you. He loves you more than you can imagine.

But try add fasting to your prayers.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Georgejeez: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
You have to watch Kanayo movies for inspiration on what to do grin grin
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Greenishland(f): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?

Unfortunately, God doesn't answer the prayer of sinners. Genuine repentance and holy living is required before you will start enjoying serious answers to prayers. Don't allow any pastor to deceive you with prophecy.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2023
Greenishland:
■ Unfortunately, God doesn't answer the prayer of sinners. Genuine repentance and holy living is required before you will start enjoying serious answers to prayers. Don't allow any pastor to deceive you with prophecy.
Even your lying pastors and mogs are far from God and so are their so-called prophecies. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by blaquebelle: 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
You ask amiss. James 4:3. Seek God's glory in everything you ask for and not the fallen glory that looks good to the world.

The answer to prayers is not based on your perfect attendance in church or your loud voice. Rather it Is based on your life and your heart. Repent and turn away from any UNGODLY way you still possess, with the holy spirit guiding you and develop intimacy with God through devotions. Lastly you need to be your own prophet because some prophetic declarations are simply shouted over to congregations to hype them up.

Those that truly seek the Lord's face will find him. Grace to you.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
blaquebelle:
You ask amiss. James 4:3. Seek God's glory in everything you ask for and not the fallen glory that looks good to the world.

The answer to prayers is not based on your perfect attendance in church or your loud voice. Rather it Is based on your life and your heart. Repent and turn away from any UNGODLY way you still possess, with the holy spirit guiding you and develop intimacy with God through devotions. Lastly you need to be your own prophet because some prophetic declarations are simply shouted over to congregations to hype them up.

Those that truly seek the Lord's face will find him. Grace to you.
To ask amiss means to ask while existing in an unright/unrighteous state. Check your dictionary. And the only way around that is to be in right/righteous standing with God. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by benzion72(m): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
Take this God will not do for you, what he has given you capacity to do like giving you money or job. Check all Jesus miracles he never give people money. Even Peter that he gave fishes he asked him to leave his fishing business and become a fishers of men
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by alobright17(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
wanimo:
That you are alive is an answered prayers. That you have a phone with data is an answered prayer.
That you are healthy and able to post on this bigoted platform called Nairaland is an answered prayer.

God answers prayers that he knows is best for you. You pray according to God's will not according to your wishes.

You are by far better than the shaky shaky Baba druggie whose desperation for power is about making him plunge Nigeria and the ECOWAS region into a proxy war

That one is alive can never be any useless prayer answered, prayer is useless when it comes to breathing. You can’t even reason well that’s why you keep paying for prayers .
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by alobright17(m): 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
simpleseyi:

So Buhari and Jagaban no dey pray abi? For you information, Buhari and Jagaban pray 5 times in a day making it 35 times in a week statutory and other additionals, but you pray only on Sunday statutory and any additional.

Beside this, God is not from your village, so stop thinking that it is only your prayers that God will answer.

Conclusively, if not that you are mentally unstable and a chronic psychiatric patient, then you will not bring Politics into this discussion. Na Ogun go kee you there
This one will be inside churches distributing people all in the name of worshipping God , but in Nairaland you mumu is insulting and calling people names is that what your useless pastors are telling you? God and satan doesn’t exist. There’s no evidence to that .
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by enobong18: 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
DCmaverick:
what must i do?

Hebrews 11 vs 6:
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The most important thing here is diligently.
Have you ever met a sitting president? Even if you have, they don't know the contents of your heart, now compare the protocol to meeting God. Forget your pastor, forget your church, God is real and can best be found in deep sincere search, not in "this week is your week". That one is only an act of his mercy.
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Funkybabee(f): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
Do you have Christ?
Are you born again?
Have you done water baptism?
Have you done Holy ghost baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongue?

If yes, try to be waking up around midnight to do praying in tongue only, maybe ten minutes only then speak what you want for your Angel to do it .

Come back and come and give me review

But if those questions are no, kindly find yes to them. And do what I said up there
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
Funkybabee:
Do you have Christ?
Are you born again?
Have you done water baptism?
Have you done Holy ghost baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongue?
If yes, try to be waking up around midnight to do praying in tongue only, maybe ten minutes only then speak what you want for your Angel to do it . Come back and come and give me review But if those questions are no, kindly find yes to them. And do what I said up there
These religious rituals will only serve to distance you from God. undecided

Yes, you have to be born-again--- born of water and born of spirit--- but that is only the beginning in the journey towards God. Who says that if you do not them live your life in continuous submission and obedience to Him even after that --- again not to be confused with religious rituals -- you can't experience Holiness, and ultimately Righteousness which approves you for all the promises of God. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by vastolord4(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Many people die with their prayers on their tongue and are never saved. Patience means nothing to God if wielded by an unrighteous. undecided

You have what every god wants.. there's always an exchange in this life!.. you may deem yourself unrighteous, but you god might not let you go cos he sees beyond what our small mind sees.. if you let go of your god, another one possesses you! Simple
Re: Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? by Funkybabee(f): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
These religious rituals will only serve to distance you from God. undecided

Yes, you have to be born-again--- born of water and born of spirit--- but that is only the beginning in the journey towards God. Who says that if you do not them live your life in continuous submission and obedience to Him even after that --- again not to be confused with religious rituals -- you can't experience Holiness, and ultimately Righteousness which approves you for all the promises of God. undecided

His living in righteousness is not ypur business Mr know all, having this makes Holy ghost to take over, you don't have right or power to order or correct man.

Face your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.