Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies (56407 Views)

Femi Kuti, Alek Wek And John Dumelo To Open 'the Sandra Appiah Show' On Sunday / Femi Kuti With Supermodel Alek Wek And Other Stars On The Gold Carpet In America / Alek Wek & Abiola Abrams Hit The Sand! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
[size=15pt]Yuk at that pic of Alek.[/size] grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nayah:

loool Sagamite!! such thing?? sincerly I've always said charm is the most important than the sophisticated beauty, you can see everyday, my dear it's about having something different and distinguished now I'm not a guy to judge, but Alek Wek is a unique beauty to me

Nah! grin

Looks is the most potent acquisition tool for women. Charm is the most robust retention tool they can employ. If you can't acquire, you can't retain.

With your kind of charm, I am sure you will retain any man for life except he is insane and/or has an indecent personality. wink I know your looks will make the best Mergers & Acquisition expert in Goldman Sachs look like a kindergarten student. You should not have a problem with your acquisition tools and expertise. grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite wow what a wave of compliments, I'm flattered but you know the adage women have always something to criticise on themselves, nevertheless as I told you I thank God for having health first

But I think you're really tough with our Sudanese sister, maybe and I insist on Maybe, you're used to see beauty like some on Black celebrities such as Tyra Banks and all that which might be a bit otugh with her am I wrong seriously? wink
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nayah:

Sagamite wow what a wave of compliments, I'm flattered but you know the adage women have always something to criticise on themselves, nevertheless as I told you I thank God for having health first

But I think you're really tough with our Sudanese sister, maybe and I insist on Maybe, you're used to see beauty like some on Black celebrities such as Tyra Banks and all that which might be a bit otugh with her am I wrong seriously?  wink

I am being tough on her because I am using her to indirectly attack an industry I passionately hate. A warped industry that has successfully (in shock horror) put a wrong perception of beauty into women's head. An inferior, ridiculous and unhealthy perception to the point women use the industry's incompetent and hackneyed tosh excuse to defend the stewpid perception. "Oh the clothes look good on cadavers", "The face does not matter", "Curves do not make the clothes look nice", "That is an authentic African look", "Her look (like bones) make her look elegant and gracious". And they feel funky when they say these utter rubbish. I am like Zeus trying to reclaim our perception of beauty.  grin

If I had my way this is how catwalk models will look:

Frankly, I wish Alek the best and hope she has the happiest life possible (and more importantly, never gets to read this thread). She has not done anything wrong, she is entitled to happiness.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite, yeah I know you're gentleman and you don't have anything against her, but your perception of beauty is not those of the whole men you see brother
You're talking about my look, who told you no one think I'm not that beautiful or whatever? so you'd be on contradiction with this person and maybe you could be wrong, because I'm not in the beauty standard or in his beauty standard, you know what I mean

Personally I truly believe you have to have all types to make this World and thank God I can appreciate a sister without wanting to go to surgery, because all these marketing "harrassement" about "the should be Black Beauty" is for me a mistake because everyone has his own tastes, but this is just my opinion of course
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, I am perfectly happy for people to have a differing perception of beauty from my perception, but rationally there is a boundary of what you can term as beauty.

If someone says Nayah that I find good looking is OK, then fine lets differ.

If someone says Naomi Campbell that I find OK is hot, then fine lets differ.

If someone says Whoopi Goldberg is hot, then I would say "cut the BS". If they say but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I would say "cut the BS". If they say who are you to judge if she is beautiful, she might be to some other people, I would say "cut the BS".

We are allowed to disagree within reason but people should not tell me blue is red.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
Because YOU think the blue is blue smiley
But I'm sure you'd say no if I told you I don't have men chasing after me as you think right? grin
Alek Wek is one of our different range on Black Beauty we can offer, seriously
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nayah:

Because YOU think the blue is blue smiley
But I'm sure you'd say no if I told you I don't have men chasing after me as you think right? grin
Alek Wek is one of our different range on Black Beauty we can offer, seriously

Liar Liar! tongue grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
looool hehehe but what makes you think the contrary? the adage says "beauty is on the eye on the beholder"
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
Maybe you are telling the truth because rumour is that the French guys have no game. Come to the premier league in London and I am sure some homeboy will likely get you to sign a 9 month contract. They will be chasing you across the pitch for a penalty kick and scoring a goal. grin Hope you know how to run?
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
heheheh Sagamite grin grin 9 months contract?? lol I have to work then right?
By the way I only tell you French guys are not as straight as English counterparts, especially Black brothers, but anyway it's life I'm not going to die for it
Back to the topic, because this is not Nayas' thread, just try to get that Alek is what we call distiguinshed beauty
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by anonymous6(f): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite:

I am being tough on her because I am using her to indirectly attack an industry I passionately hate. A warped industry that has successfully (in shock horror) put a wrong perception of beauty into women's head. An inferior, ridiculous and unhealthy perception to the point women use the industry's incompetent and hackneyed tosh excuse to defend the stewpid perception. "Oh the clothes look good on cadavers", "The face does not matter", "Curves do not make the clothes look nice", "That is an authentic African look", "Her look (like bones) make her look elegant and gracious". And they feel funky when they say these utter rubbish. I am like Zeus trying to reclaim our perception of beauty.  grin

If I had my way this is how catwalk models will look:

Frankly, I wish Alek the best and hope she has the happiest life possible (and more importantly, never gets to read this thread). She has not done anything wrong, she is entitled to happiness.

Those women have good bodies but to the fashion world These women with that type of body are considered fat, even for glamour models: http://www.drrobynsilverman.com/body-image/karl-lagerfeld-says-no-one-wants-to-see-curvy-women/ . Do I think it is right? NO but the fashion world as I have said before is not in reality at times or in touch with how real womens bodies are. when it comes to Glamour models they will always pick Gisele, Heidi and etc and when it comes to runway models or "catwalk" models they will always pick people like Kate moss and once and a while Alek wek
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
anonymous6:

Those women have good bodies but to the fashion world These women with that type of body are considered fat, even for glamour models: http://www.drrobynsilverman.com/body-image/karl-lagerfeld-says-no-one-wants-to-see-curvy-women/ . Do I think it is right? NO but the fashion world as I have said before is not in reality at times or in touch with how real womens bodies are. when it comes to Glamour models they will always pick Gisele, Heidi and etc and when it comes to runway models or "catwalk" models they will always pick people like Kate moss and once and a while Alek wek

Lets cut the long story short: The Fashion world is full of sick, deluded people. We should not let such people shape women's perception.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite fortunately you're not working on Model Recruitement, else some women will have some issued grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by anonymous6(f): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Lets cut the long story short: The Fashion world is full of sick, deluded people. We should not let such people shape women's perception.

Then we need people like you to start breaking that world or it will continue. Any way I have heard for a while the fashion world has been losing money but it wasn't obvious until 2008 that the fashion world has been losing money because of thsi out of touch attitude and the bad economy added to it, so they are losing money. At least that's what I heard from ABC news two years ago
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by babyboy3(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite

You put up pictures of ladies who are only good at modelling for Ann Summers or victoria secret

NOTHING MORE!!!!!!!! Probably for a Snoop Dog or Shabbah Ranks musical video.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thanks Baby Boy, more these type I agree, they are not ugly but a bit sophisticated , there's no this "plus" we're talking about
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by anonymous6(f): 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
baby-boy:

You put up pictures of ladies who are only good at modelling for Ann Summers or victoria secret

For a victoria secret highly unlikely, but for a snoop dogg and shabba ranks music video you are correct.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
anonymous6:

Then we need people like you to start breaking that world or it will continue. Any way I have heard for a while the fashion world has been losing money but it wasn't obvious until 2008 that the fashion world has been losing money because of thsi out of touch attitude and the bad economy added to it, so they are losing money. At least that's what I heard from ABC news two years ago

I hope most collapse.

Nayah:

Sagamite fortunately you're not working on Model Recruitement, else some women will have some issued  grin

Women would stop trying to attain unhealthy looks and the population of the world will grow. grin

baby-boy:

Really? Why? Because some f[i]a[/i]gs have given you an edict that only women with a 12-year-old boy's body look good on catwalk?
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
What do you call "unhealthy look"?
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by babyboy3(m): 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
Really? Why? Because some gays have given you an edict that only women with a 12-year-old boy's body look good on catwalk?

Gisele Caroline Bündchen doesnt look like a 12 years old boy, but your collection of pictures that you put up! well I have seen better looking ladies in a 2 live crew video still doesnt make them the elegant,

e.g. when you look at Serena Williams or NickI Minaj wearing a dress with the first thing you see is her @$$ and b00bs and nothing else wear is the beauty in that. awon Idi fe ya speaker!!
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nayah:

What do you call "unhealthy look"?

The ones baby-boy has been brainwashed to think are the only ones perfect for catwalk.

Aren't they just lovely and pretty? grin

Don't you just adore their "unique" features?  grin

They look "elegant" and "gracious"?  grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
oh my Godness lol we were talking about their "videos" looks not talking about skinny preferences my dear
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
baby-boy:

Gisele Caroline Bündchen doesnt look like a 12 years old boy,  but your collection of pictures that you put up! well I have seen better looking ladies in a 2 live crew video still doesnt make them the elegant,

e.g. when you look at Serena Williams or NickI Minaj wearing a dress with the first thing you see is her @$$ and bosoms and nothing else wear is the beauty in that. awon Idi fe ya speaker!!

What makes them not good enough for catwalk and only good for Ann Summers?

So you have not seen better looking ladies than Kate Moss or Alek Wek?

So when those ones wear a dress and you see nothing else but bones, where is the beauty in that?

What pathetic excuses are you trying to give me?
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by babyboy3(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
The ones baby-boy has been brainwashed to think are the only ones perfect for catwalk.

They are some cloth companies that encouraging the size 0 modelling which I dont support,

Madrid and Milan have banned super skinny models from their catwalk shows. So why, as London Fashion Week starts, aren't we doing the same

Saga I dont support Size 0 modelling which has taken a new twist in society, when you Look at Victoria Beckham during the 90's then decided to look like a shaving stick (you wonder why David is always looking at the LA Laker's cheerleaders)
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
baby-boy:

They are some cloth companies that encouraging the size 0 modelling which I dont support,

Madrid and Milan have banned super skinny models from their catwalk shows. So why, as London Fashion Week starts, aren't we doing the same

Saga I dont support Size 0 modelling which has taken a new twist in society, when you Look at Victoria Beckham during the 90's then decided to look like a shaving stick (you wonder why David is always looking at the LA Laker's cheerleaders)

What I aksed you was why are the 6 women I put up there not good enough for catwalk?

Tell me why and make sense.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by babyboy3(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
What makes them not good enough for catwalk and only good for Ann Summers?

So you have not seen better looking ladies than Kate Moss or Alek Wek?

So when those ones wear a dress and you see nothing else but bones, where is the beauty in that?

What pathetic excuses are you trying to give me?

I have seen better looking models than the Brits and Sudanese, havent you seen Claude Makalele's misses noemie lenoir, Heidi Klum, Adriana Sklenarikova Karembeu (Karabeu's ex wife) Kristen Pazik (Shevchenko's wife)

But those pictures you put up are not fit to grace the modelling world unless they are going to model strap-on from Ann Summers or those you find on a F1 starting grid.

Looking at the 6 again, am sorry but no chance. Dont stop giri giri pop that couchie dudu brown
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nayah(f): 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sagamite you're very exigent lol grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by lepasharon(f): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
she luks preety here!

Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2011
lepasharon:

she luks preety here!
[size=15pt]Hell to the NO.[/size] undecided
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
baby-boy:

I have seen better looking models than the Brits and Sudanese, havent you seen Claude Makalele's misses noemie lenoir, Heidi Klum, Adriana Sklenarikova Karembeu (Karabeu's ex wife) Kristen Pazik (Shevchenko's wife)

But those pictures you put up are not fit to grace the modelling world unless they are going to model strap-on from Ann Summers or those you find on a F1 starting grid.

Looking at the 6 again, am sorry but no chance. Dont stop giri giri pop that couchie dudu brown

What I asked you was: Why are the 6 women I put up there not good enough for catwalk?

You are not intelligent enough to answer that simple question?
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by tpia5: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
sagamite must you constantly post pictures of n.aked women on every thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

HKN Arstiste, Danagog Grabs Lady's Butt On Stage In Owerri (photo) / Davido Joins Beardgang - See Photos / Eve Esin Builds A New House, Honours Her Late Mother, Mary Patrick Esin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.