Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies (56442 Views)

Femi Kuti, Alek Wek And John Dumelo To Open 'the Sandra Appiah Show' On Sunday / Femi Kuti With Supermodel Alek Wek And Other Stars On The Gold Carpet In America / Alek Wek & Abiola Abrams Hit The Sand! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Alek Wek is not evolutionarily ugly, but she is definitely not evolutionarily beautiful because she has a poor-nourishment look/features.

1. So why did you call her ugly? If I go back to your previous comments. you referred to her as being extremely ugly.
2. Most Asians, many whites and many Africans (especially nomadic tribes) do not agree with you. because their culture is different. She has an healthy stature in these cultures.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by lepasharon(f): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2011
that woman no fine oo and she lives in yankee nd still has that Civil war i am suffering face
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Health issues or not health issues, can culture make people idealise them as beauty?

If there are no health issues involved. then YES people can idealize them as beauty.

tribal marks that covered the face is considered a mark of beauty for some cultures in Africa.
I found these ones repulsive.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

1. So why did you call her ugly? If I go back to your previous comments. you referred to her as being extremely ugly.
2. Most Asians, many whites and many Africans (especially nomadic tribes) do not agree with you. because their culture is different. She has an healthy stature in these cultures.

Because I am a product of a more affluent upbringing and living in a more affluent environment, hence my standard of beauty will be higher as people of such background are more likely to have higher beauty and less attracted to poorly-nourished people.

In my world, she is no doubt ugly but I am intelligent enough to realise that if I was less priviledged, where I wear loin cloth around my groin and carry a spear everyday I would be banging her with glee like a wild boar that is high on speed. That shows she is within the range of evolutionary acceptability.

Summary: In villages of South Sudan, she might be hot. In Lagos, she is ugly.

Oba234, jot down in your notepad.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Oba234: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2011
anonymous6:

OMG  shocked

I think I am going to hurl, so disgusting

The first woman needs a sandwich, snack, desert and drink immediately
the second woman needs to stop eating all together & get by pass surgery immediately
Sagamite:

Do you believe any culture can ever convince people to idealise and regard these as standard of beauty that majority will agree with?

[img]http://creaseblog.files./2010/06/fat-woman.jpg[/img]

Yes, a culture can perceived these pictures as beautiful if they haven't observed anything in that body type that will cause the person to be unhappy or unhealthy based on their surroundings

We don't have any pre conceived biases coming out of the womb. Culture dictates to us what is good or bad based on what the culture has observed. Any decision that you make is based on a reason why the culture considers it a good thing. The culture has to observed that there is something unhealthy about looking that way in contrast to other body types to prefer a certain body types. The point is that it is all learned. All culture norms are based on observations of what is most likely to bring us happiness. That is the single universal construct that guides all our actions.  If a culture observed somebody this big or skinny and they don't see any bad effects, they wouldn't develop any biases against it. You have to observed the effects. For example to elaborate further on what I am saying, imagine a child raised in an environment in which they have never seen or learn anything about a Lion. They don't know what the Lion is capable of physically and they don't know that Lion are species to be avoided in anyway. Even though we as humans have an innate survival instinct, if the child were to see the Lion, having no previous knowledge of the Lions harmful potentials, it would have no reason to avoid it. Our culture precepts comes from observations and what to like or not like based on what bring us happiness. So if a Lion attack somebody in your family and the person die, you learn to avoid lions, but you weren't born to avoid them untill you have see their actions.To summarize, you don't come out of a womb knowing what to do, cultures guides you.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Because I am a product of a more affluent upbringing and living in a more affluent environment, hence my standard of beauty will be higher as people of such background are more likely to have higher beauty and less attracted to poorly-nourished people.

In my world, she is no doubt ugly but I am intelligent enough to realise that if I was less priviledged, where I wear loin cloth around my groin and carry a spear everyday I would be banging her like a wild boar high on speed. That shows she is within the range of evolutionary acceptability.

Summary: In villages of South Sudan, she might be hot. In Lagos, she is ugly.

Oba234, jot down in your notepad.

this is really ironic because most people who find Alek Wek to be attractive in the western world, are the more affluent types. Chanel and Versace for example are fashion clothing that only the richest can afford. and they are typically designed for women with slim bodies.
rich people in the west are more likely to find thinness more attractive.
each culture is different in its own way. and class culture does exist. ie ghetto americans have a different culture than upper middle class americans or europeans.

I agree with your last sentence. but that is what me and Oba234 have been telling you all along. beauty is defined by culture. lagos culture has a different idea of beauty than south sudan etc. grin so basically you are just repeating what we told you. that's a good sign
but there are some lagosians (like me) who appreciate south sudanese beauty. this is mostly because i've been exposed to other cultures. I've met some sudanese men and women and spending time with them I find their beauty very striking.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 6:57am On Oct 16, 2011
and since when did you become more affluent than the korean, japanese and american hollywood stars?
skinny is in in these cultures.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

If there are no health issues involved. then YES people can idealize them as beauty.

tribal marks that covered the face is considered a mark of beauty for some cultures in Africa.
I found these ones repulsive.

Don't BS me!

Don't try it.

Those women can never be seen as ideal of beauty in any culture. In the thousands of years of history of the world, such women have never been in vogue and will never be in vogue because they do not portray good procreating/mating features. EVOLUTION!

Even the women you posted with tribal marks have a pattern to it. The pattern does not impede their procreating features so they are well within evolutions acceptable range.

Oba234:

Yes, a culture can perceived these pictures as beautiful if they haven't observed anything in that body type that will cause the person to be unhappy or unhealthy based on their surroundings

We don't have any pre conceived biases coming out of the womb. Culture dictates to us what is good or bad based on what the culture has observed. Any decision that you make is based on a reason why the culture consider it a good thing. The culture has to observed that there is something unhealthy about looking that way in contrast to other body types to prefer a certain a certain body types. The point is that it is all learned. All culture norms are based on observations of what is most likely to bring us happiness. That is the single universal construct that guides all our actions.  If a culture observed somebody this big or skinny and they don't see any bad effects, they wouldn't develop any biases against it. It's not something your are born with it. You have to observe the effects. For example to elaborate further on what I am saying, imagine a child raised in an environment in which they have never seen or learn anything about a Lion. They don't know what the Lion is capable of physically and they don't know that Lion are species to be avoided in anyway. Even though we as humans have an innate survival instinct, if the child were to see the Lion, having no previous knowledge of the Lions harmful potentials, it would have no reason to avoid it. Our culture precepts comes from observations and what to like or not based on what bring us happiness.

So you waited this long and only came up with such poo as argument?

Really?

And your arse was the one that had the audacity to disrespect me?

Ma worry, ma fi e she intellectual suya!

Stop chatting crap! We are programmed from birth to find somethings attractive like any other animal. Some external body functions are just not there to perform functions, they are their to attract mates, just like any other animal.

IF you claim cultural dictates of desire is limited by healthiness, what does that tell you? . . . . . . . . . . . . Evolution? Biology? Nature? Pick your choice of word from the 3.

When you slighted me, I just laughed gently because I know it will only end in your intellectual humiliation. You will never be able to match me in a debate even when I am sleeping and my brain is recharging, I will still flog you. It appears you are not a regular on NL that is why you made such a criminal error. Even those that hate me will be the first to tell you that you are toast if you ever challenge me intellectually.

That might sound like a boast but even a boast can be a FACT! If you refuse to believe, when you see me on NL pick me up on any topic you disagree with me on.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

this is really ironic because most people who find Alek Wek to be attractive in the western world, are the more affluent types. Chanel and Versace for example are fashion clothing that only the richest can afford. and they are typically designed for women with slim bodies.
rich people in the west are more likely to find thinness more attractive.
each culture is different in its own way. and class culture does exist. ie ghetto americans have a different culture than upper middle class americans or europeans.

I agree with your last sentence. but that is what me and Oba234 have been telling you all along. beauty is defined by culture. lagos culture has a different idea of beauty than south sudan etc.  grin so basically you are just repeating what we told you. that's a good sign
but there are some lagosians (like me) who appreciate south sudanese beauty. this is mostly because i've been exposed to other cultures. I've met some sudanese men and women and spending time with them I find their beauty very striking.

You are having a laugh. Aint ya?

Which people find her attractive? How many boyfriends and dates have you heard she has or are associated with her? Which men do you know of falling at her feet like Tyra Banks or Gisele?

Where have you heard people talk about her "beauty" (note, not her "uniqueness"wink?

Are you havin a laff? I thought I told you not to attempt to BS me?

Who told you I said beauty does not differ in different cultures? I keep on telling you of beauty POINTS! If things are not at the same point then they DIFFER.

The more we globalise and are brainwashed by the dominant Western media, they more these points are converging. Intelligent and self-confident people like me are hard to brainwash that is why I am attracted to a HEALTHY spectrum of female body types and aint ashamed of it.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2011
because they do not portray good procreating/mating features. EVOLUTION!

tribal marks are a sign of beauty in many cultures.
but of course, other aspects can also be idealized ex  foot binding among chinese. or lip plates in women. how do these portray procreating features?
how does blond hair (considered more beautiful by whites) portray good procreating features over brunette hair?

ideal beauty isn't always about procrating features. big butt was found repulsive by white men who went to South Africa. how do you explain that?
also some asian culture idealize childish ( cute) looks in women. how can a woman who look like a 12 yr old have "good procreating features"?
many yoruba people like gap teeth in women. how is this evolutionary?
I never said they were ideal beauties. all I said was that tribal marks can be idealized as signs of beauty. ideal beauty is usually one put forward by celebrities or the prominent people in society though media or other means. otherwise, there is no such thing as an ideal beautiful woman.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

You are having a laugh. Aint ya?

Which people find her attractive? How many boyfriends and dates have you heard she has or are associated with her? Which men do you know of falling at her fit like Tyra Banks?

She is engaged actually.

and likewise, there are lots of men who actually do not find Tyra Banks attractive.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

tribal marks are a sign of beauty in many cultures.
but of course, other aspects can also be idealized ex  foot binding among chinese. or lip plates in women. how do these portray procreating features?
how does blond hair (considered more beautiful by whites) portray good procreating features over brunette hair?

ideal beauty isn't always about procrating features. big bosoms and butt was found repulsive by white men who went to South Africa. how do you explain that?
also some asian culture idealize childish ( cute) looks in women. how can a woman who look like a 12 yr old have "good procreating features"?
many yoruba people like gap teeth in women. how is this evolutionary?
I never said they were ideal beauties. all I said was that tribal marks can be idealized as signs of beauty. ideal beauty is usually one put forward by celebrities or the prominent people in society though media or other means. otherwise, there is no such thing as an ideal beautiful woman.

Show me which Asian culture idealises childish looks.

I wait. I told you not to BS me.

Tribal marks are cultural designs of beauty.

Evolution sets a range of beauty acceptibility that infuses the ability to procreate. THERE IS NO CULTURE WHERE PEOPLE CAN BE IDEALISED AS BEAUTIFUL WHEN THEIR ABILITY TO PROCREATE IS INHIBITED!

What don't you understand about this? You just want to argue and say "I no carry last"?

Jenifa_:

She is engaged actually.

and likewise, there are lots of men who actually do not find Tyra Banks attractive.

And so?

So are women that look like baboons.

What I asked you was where you saw her being wooed by several prominent men in the West. That is what happens to attractive women and you claimed people in the West find her attractive. Which I thought was "I no go carry last" BS but I am hoping you can prove me wrong.

Being able to pull one or even a few men does not mean you are attractive. If you have majority of men drooling over you or at the thought of being with you, THEN you are attractive. Most of such women are in lists like FHM 100 Sexiest Women.

Now, edjucate me on who are the people in the West that were having the hots for Alek.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Oba234: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't BS me!

Don't try it.

Those women can never be seen as ideal of beauty in any culture. In the thousands of years of history of the world, such women have never been in vogue and will never be in vogue because they do not portray good procreating/mating features. EVOLUTION!

Even the women you posted with tribal marks have a pattern to it. The pattern does not impede their procreating features so they are well within evolutions acceptable range.

Really?

Stop chatting crap! We are programmed from birth to find somethings attractive like any other animal. Some external body functions are just not there to perform functions, they are their to attract mates, just like any other animal.

IF you claim cultural dictates of desire is limited by healthiness, what does that tell you? . . . . . . . . . . . . Evolution? Biology? Nature? Pick your favourite of the 3.

When you slighted me, I just laughed gently because I know it will only end in intellectual humiliation. You will never be able to match me in a debate even when I am sleeping and my brain is recharging. It appears you are not a regular on NL that is why you made such error. Even those that hate me will be the first to tell you that you are toast if you ever challenge me intellectually.

That might sound like a boast but even a boast can be a FACT!
[/q
Sagamite link=topic=781864.msg9348876#msg9348876 date=1318745004:

Don't BS me!

Don't try it.

Really?

IF you claim cultural dictates of desire is limited by healthiness, what does that tell you? . . . . . . . . . . . . Evolution? Biology? Nature? Pick your choice of words of the 3.

When you slighted me, I just laughed gently because I know it will only end in your intellectual humiliation. You will never be able to match me in a debate even when I am sleeping and my brain is recharging, I will still flog you. It appears you are not a regular on NL that is why you made such a criminal error. Even those that hate me will be the first to tell you that you are toast if you ever challenge me intellectually.

That might sound like a boast but even a boast can be a FACT! If you refuse to believe, when you see me on NL pick me up on any topic you disagree with me on.

Cultural precepts can and do have grounding in favorable biological conditions so you are right to an extent. I've seen what you've been trying to say all along. Perhaps we've just misunderstood each other a bit. At the end of the day, the point is, regardless of biological founding, culture, or the power of society can still completely warp our ideals and understanding of things. How else do you explain the Asian foot-binding, western fasscination with mamary glands, the musai tribe with their prided plated lips. Do those things benefit the health of these people in any way? These fetishes, developed outside of reason. It wasn't founded on what would be favorable to health. A lot of our ideals are developed based on biology but culture can completely override it. Attractiveness can be based on biology but don't underestimate the power of society.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Oba234: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Show me which Asian culture idealises childish looks.

I wait. I told you not to BS me.

Tribal marks are cultural designs of beauty.

Evolution sets a range of beauty acceptibility that infuses the ability to procreate. THERE IS NO CULTURE WHERE PEOPLE CAN BE IDEALISED AS BEAUTIFUL WHEN THEIR ABILITY TO PROCREATE IS INHIBITED!

What don't you understand about this? You just want to argue and say "I no carry last"?

And so?

So are women that look like baboons.

What I asked you was where you saw her being wooed by several prominent men in the West. That is what happens to attractive women and you claimed people in the West find her attractive. Which I thought was "I no go carry last" BS but I am hoping you can prove me wrong.

Being able to pull one or even a few men does not mean you are attractive. If you have majority of men drooling over you or at the thought of being with you, THEN you are attractive. Most of such women are in lists like FHM 100 Sexiest Women.

Now, edjucate me on who are the people in the West that were having the hots for Alek.

How do Aleks look predisposed her in to anyway to any unfavorable biological conditions? She looks healthy and fit and she looks like can bare children. On what biological basis do we have to classify her as ugly? Our notions of beauty with regard to her stems from biases that have been culturally ingrained into us.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2011
Oba234:

Cultural precepts can and do have grounding in favorable biological conditions so you are right to an extent. I've seen what you've been trying to say all along. Perhaps we've just misunderstood each other a bit. At the end of the day, the point is, regardless of biological founding, culture, or the power of society can still completely warp our ideals and understanding of things. How else do you explain the Asian foot-binding, western fasscination with mamary glands, the musai tribe with their prided plated lips. Do those things benefit the health of these people in any way? These fetishes, developed outside of reason. It wasn't founded on what would be favorable to health. A lot of our ideals are developed based on biology but culture can completely override it. Attractiveness can be based on biology but don't underestimate the power of society.

Now you are learning. At least I can't disagree much with any elements in this post. You have finally seen the point.

"Evolution sets the range, different cultures picks a point in the range"

Yes, culture is very, very strong but it has its limit which is set by evolutionary boundaries.

Oba234:

How do Aleks look predisposed her in to anyway to any unfavorable biological conditions? On what biological basis do we have to classify her as ugly? Our notions of beauty with regard to her stems from biases that have been culturally ingrained into us.

Alek Wek has the typical features of the under-privileged, poor Africans. Features of poor and undernourished people are not the most attractive.

And remember, I have said earlier, she is NOT unfavourable biologically. She is unfavourable based on my priviledge status and taste, which is higher. If I was poor I might find her attractive enough. That is not cultural biase, that is evolutionary biase: I want to mate with someone that gives my kids good genes.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nnenna1(f): 7:42am On Oct 16, 2011
You all know that this is a human being that you're discussing about, right?

Hmm, the price of fame sha.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2011
Nnenna1:

You all know that this is a human being that you're discussing about, right?

Hmm, the price of fame sha.

I normally wouldn't do it, I am not that mean. Even on NL, if anyone noticed, I attack guys that just diss a NL girl for her looks without her offending them first. I believe you should keep you disparaging opinion of people's looks to yourself when communicating with them.

I hope she is not reading, I just had to put it straight here for social good because people brainwashed by this steeeeeeeeeeeeeeewpid industry irritate me.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 7:47am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

What I asked you was where you saw her being wooed by several prominent men in the West. That is what happens to attractive women and you claimed people in the West find her attractive.

I'm most certainly sure that she's not lacking. Her fiance is a millionaire. and if it wasn't her current one, i'm sure she won't have a difficult time meeting prominent men. She lives among them!!
just like Oluchi or Liya Kebede.

these people have different standards than us regular folks. they live in a different world and in different lifestyle so their tastes are also different.
even grace jones (who I personally don't find all that attractive. but some do) had many lovers and eventually settled in marriage. all prominent western men!! She had one that was literally obsessed with her. you can google all about it.

Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Alek Wek has the typical features of the under-privileged, poor Africans. Features of poor and undernourished people are not the most attractive.

here in lies your problem.
She looks authentically African. that's what you don't find attractive about her. you are a product of your environment so that's normal. lol
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Jenifa1: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2011
this is also why most whites are not attracted to African americans. it is not because african americans are ugly. but because AAs have the connotation of ghettoness, poverty etc so all these unattractive symptoms in their culture are reflected in how they are perceived in terms of physical attractiveness.

anyways, I got to go to sleep.  grin
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Oba234: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Now you are learning. At least I can't disagree much with any elements in this post. You have finally seen the point.

"Evolution sets the range, different cultures picks a point in the range"

Yes, culture is very, very strong but it has its limit which is set by evolutionary boundaries.

And remember, I have said earlier, she is NOT unfavourable biologically. She is unfavourable based on my priviledge status and taste, which is higher. If I was poor I might find her attractive enough. That is not cultural biase, that is evolutionary biase: I want to mate with someone that gives my kids good genes.

You said she is not unfavorable biologically, so how will she gives your kids bad genes? Second ,the fact that you stated that she is unfavorable based on your privileged, status and taste is culturally. Thirdly,  you want your somebody that will give your kids genes that are look onto favorably by society? is that not cultural?
Also because she has those features of the under-priviledge doesn't mean she is actually undernourished or unpriviledge, so in that instance, your particular view of how beautiful she is stems from cultural bias.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

I'm most certainly sure that she's not lacking. Her fiance is a millionaire. and if it wasn't her current one, i'm sure she won't have a difficult time meeting prominent men. She lives among them!!
just like Oluchi or Liya Kebede.

these people have different standards than us regular folks. they live in a different world and in different lifestyle so their tastes are also different.
even grace jones (who I personally don't find  all that attractive. but some do) had many lovers and eventually settled in marriage. all prominent western men!! She had one that was literally obsessed with her. you can google all about it.

Jeni, don't BS me!

Jeni, mo so fun e, ma BS mi.

This is SAGAMITE! Not some flossy NLer. Don't BS me. I am the real deal in intellectual discourse and dialectics. Ma je kin bere si ma blow grammar (Don't let me start blowing grammar).

BULLSHYT!

Because she pulled one millionaire is not PROOF she is fancied in the West. I have never even heard of her dating despite her high public profile, but you hear of the likes of Iman and Naomi Campbell when they were single being linked wth AND dating several prominent men. She wouldn't be finding it hard meeting prominent men, but she gaddamn, shitlock, crazy-arse sure finds it hard for these men to step to her, that is why she has only been seen with a few.

Secondly, women that Western men find attractive are normally on lists like FHM 100 Sexiest Woman. Show me one such list you have seen Alek in her ENTIRE life.

Jeni, don't BS me. I am SAGAMITE!

[Says with thick Yoruba accent] S. . . . . . A  . . . . .G . . . . fcking A . . . . .M . . . . .I . . . . . T . . . . . . to d fhcking E!

Grace Jones is a fetish to some whitemen that does not necessarily say she is attractive.

And don't try and use Grace Jones to strawman me. I am Sagamite, my strawman filter is always on.

Jenifa_:

here in lies your problem.
She looks authentically African. that's what you don't find attractive about her. you are a product of your environment so that's normal. lol

If you call malnourished looks "authentically" African, then I feel sorry for you. If you have been brainwashed to think malnourished Africans' look is the  "authentical" African look, then I wail and cry for you for your gone ancestors hear.

I am not attracted to malnourished Africans, I am attracted to Africans like these:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_tS77cPJAPJE/TOTBs1P5HmI/AAAAAAAAF-U/fMbyongKcWc/s1600/Naomi+Achu2.jpg[/img] www.nairaland.com/attachments/100662_0001_jpg71d5039cf1209140b9105a4696b0b155 [img]http://ainoko.files./2010/08/chimamandaadichie.jpg[/img] [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp8iGA5ayKSbhkuWfPWsCaTXxv4wcJfSV2qYB1QWZE0Ea8jbVeiA[/img]

[size=18pt]Not these[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/202737_2922638537_a5942cafd0_jpgc16086edf6f9292a67515de2c73c4b35 [img]http://1.bp..com/_JF8UtJK3aog/ReuHmQfWX7I/AAAAAAAAAhc/OsP3ldDMjbM/s400/ajuma%2B4.jpg[/img] www.nairaland.com/attachments/202727_6405_jpg6d3627283b3a112f7710690c10f8ee29 [img]http://www.dawnali.com/lovinmysistas/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2921.0;attach=3938;image[/img]

You think I should be ashamed of such taste? If you wish African women to continue looking malnourished, may God forgive you. If some sick, ga-y murrafucker has brainwashed you to be proud of such look for Africans, I weep for you.

I asked earlier, would you like to look like Alek? Answer.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2011
Oba234:

You said she is not unfavorable biologically, so how will she gives your kids bad genes?

As I said, by biological/evolutionary standards, she is not ugly, but she is also not fine. She is not anywhere near the peak biologically, I can do better that that, so I will be short-changing my kids by settling at that level even if I am able to find her attractive.

Oba234:

Second ,the fact that you stated that she is unfavorable based on your privileged, status and taste is culturally.

It is not cultural because she is not in any global category that can be evolutionarily termed as extremely beautiful because of her poor features. She is at best, evolutionarily OK.

Oba234:

Thirdly,  you want your somebody that will give your kids genes that are look onto favorably by society? is that not cultural?

That is evolutionary.

You really, really need to read up on evolution and mating amongst animals before you get involved in these kind of debates in future. I could spot the lack of comprehensiveness in your thinking from the word "GO" due to this limited knowledge and I said it.

Oba234:

Also because she has those features of the under-priviledge doesn't mean she is actually undernourished or unpriviledge, so in that instance, your particular view of how beautiful she is stems from cultural bias.

I never said she was, she just appears so because she is unattractive.

Explain how my opinion is cultural.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2011
She is beautiful to me. We all have photos that may not just be right and the one the OP posted may be one of them. How many so called beautiful women do you know that will shave off their hair and exude an aura of beauty like Alek? Genevieve? oh please!

Who set the parameters for beauty? what features are regarded as beautiful in a human being and which are ugly? who set them? I sometimes imagine that if ET actually exists they may view the human race as extremely ugly creatures with two eyes instead of one.  grin

OP go hawk old newspapers if you do not better things to do than judging the looks of others that you are certainly not in their league in terms of beauty.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by tEsLim(m): 10:27am On Oct 16, 2011
That is what I call Triple BLACK cheesy Sudanese are real Africans tough black skin look. You wont see them at night if they where naked
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by MMM2(m): 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
she is beautiful but angry
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by buzugee(m): 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
I THINK SO MANY OF YOU ARE ARROGANT. arrogant enough to believe that your perception of beauty should be shared by the whole world. believe it or not, those people who put alek wek up there are not doing it, as some people have written, to showcase how ugly africans are. if that was what they were trying to achieve, the effect would have worn out a long time ago and they would have discarded her after a year. well she is over a decade in the game. what does that tell you ? i digress, now personally alek wek is not my  cup of tea but i am objective enough to know that a lot of people find her attractive. my experiences on a personal level with white women is that the kind of african men considered extremely ugly in africa is what they consider HOT. if you go to clubs, they are always going after the djimon honsou looking african men. this is what they consider HOT. the extremely dark men with extremely hard facial features. these same kind of men will be considered ugly by african women. my point being europeans dont view africans the way africans view themselves. likewise the white women considered trash and ugly by white men are the white women considered hot by black men. the chubby big yansh white women. so please dont delude yourselves into thinking you have cornered the market in 'perception of beauty' and that your opinion is universally shared. thats arrogant, myopic and egotistic
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by buzugee(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
this guy ebong eka is described in many articles as dashing and hot by society magazines. he is dating one of the housewives of DC. i know for a fact that if he was in africa, he will not be considered HOT by african women.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HOPEFULLY YOU ARE ALL STARTING TO SEE HOW 'PERCEPTION OF BEAUTY' IS NOT UNIVERSALLY ALIGNED
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by buzugee(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
DASHING EBONG EKA WITH HIGH CLASS MILLIONAIRE WHITE WOMEN WHO ARE ALL ON HIS JOCK FOR BEING SO HOT http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1SKPL_enGB452GB452&gcx=w&q=ebong%20eka&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1366&bih=607
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by Sagamite(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
buzugee:

my experiences on a personal level with white women is that the kind of african men considered extremely ugly in africa is what they consider HOT. if you go to clubs, they are always going after the djimon honsou looking african men. this is what they consider HOT. the extremely dark men with extremely hard facial features. these same kind of men will be considered ugly by african women. my point being europeans dont view africans the way africans view themselves.

Let me for a second indulge you and say this is believable (it is not, modern-looking black men pull more white women than savage-looking black men).

How is this valid in talking about Alek Wek?

You think the harsh features that can be attractive in men can be generally seen as attractive features in women?

You think white men or any men can generally find extremely hard facial features on women attractive?

Do you find such attractive on a woman or do you have loads of friends/acquitances that do?
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by buzugee(m): 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Let me for a second indulge you and say this is believable (it is not).

How is this valid in talking about Alek Wek?

You think the harsh features that can be attractive in men can be generally seen as attractive features in women?

You think white men or any men can find extremely hard facial features on women attractive?

Do you find such attractive on a woman or do you have loads of friends/acquitances that do?
If you look at the number of african women married to white men, you will find that majority of them will be considered extremely ugly by african men. so yes it applies both ways. how we see ourselves is not how outsiders see us. part of how we as africans see ourselves is partially blighted by self hate. self hate from existing in a white dominated world. thats all it is. pure and simple. self hate. i have to admit to you on a personal level that some of that self hate has crept into me since i have existed in the west. i remember a time when skin tone meant nothing to me. i dated girls who were as black as the night LOL. now i am not so sure if i will be inclined to do such again. see its all self hate. at least i am big enough to accept that the west has inculcated a tad bit of self hate in me but i am also objective enough to know that this is strictly my problem. not everyone sees the world the way i see the world. i have seen some so called FUGLY african women with their extremely handsome white beaus who are so madly in love with these women that it boggled my mind. but i have grown up now. i have come to realise that people like what they like.
Re: Please Tell Me Where Alek Wek's Beauty Lies by buzugee(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
answer me this. will you ever even consider dating this woman even if she was a millionaire in pounds ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is the woman that the prince of monaco dey take floss, dey take to all hin events. this billionaire playboy who relishes beautiful women. a world renowned playboy. you starting to see what i see ? your taste is different from that of europeans with respect to black women. just accept it Sagamite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

HKN Arstiste, Danagog Grabs Lady's Butt On Stage In Owerri (photo) / Chris Attoh Remarries To Betty Jennifer After Divorcing Damilola Adegbite / Burna Boy Celebrates His 'Wifey' Stefflon Don For Ranking 3rd Best Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.