Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue (13703 Views)

Servicing Debt With 90% Revenue Path To Destruction — Tinubu / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Ofunaofu: 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has declared that Nigeria will not sustain “failed economic theory” that sees to the wastage of 90 percent of its scarce revenue in the servicing of external debts in the midst of many development challenges facing the country.

The President made the statement on Sunday in Abuja while declaring open the Annual conference of the Nigerian Bar Association at the Velodrome, Chief MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja.

While energizing the gathering of 16,190 lawyers in attendance with an extemporaneous speech, Tinubu stated that the prosperity Nigerians require will only occur once poverty is banished from the society with the focused cooperation of Nigeria’s private sector leaders, many of whom were present at the opening ceremony.

“Can we continue to service external debts with 90% of our revenue? It is a path to destruction. It is not sustainable. We must make the very difficult changes that are necessary for our country to get up from slumber and be respected among the great nations of the world,” the President said.

Speaking on the theme of the conference, “Getting it Right: Charting the Course for Nigeria’s Nation-Building,” the President stated that hard decisions must be made to set the country on a growth trajectory, despite the initial pains which meaningful reforms usually bring.

“We cannot have the country we desire without the reforms we have initiated. It is painful at the beginning, in the short and medium term, but we must do what we have to do to take this nation to its great destiny. It is not about you and it is not about me. It is about our generations yet unborn, for whom we must bequeath a great and prosperous country,” he said.

Against the backdrop of the judicial reforms he undertook as Lagos State Governor, Tinubu renewed his commitment to deal conclusively with the pressing issue of remuneration for judicial officers and legal practitioners, noting that true justice reform must begin with world-class salaries and benefits for legal professionals in Nigeria.

“You are learned. I want to learn. Why are we so blessed and we are still lacking? We must have a change of attitude and a change of our mindset. We accuse our nation and its previous leaders. We complain a lot of the past. Is that the solution? No! Let us look forward and be determined! God has given us what we need. We must work hard with determination to make our country great and it begins with you who are seated here with me,” the President exclaimed.

Referring to the keynote address delivered by the Chairman of UBA Plc and Heirs Holdings, Mr. Tony Elumelu, whom he praised for setting an agenda for economic growth and development, Tinubu bemoaned the inability of the country to eradicate poverty and tackle poor electricity supply, despite Nigeria’s abundance of gas.

He made a commitment that his administration will ensure that Nigeria generates and distributes the electricity the economy requires to thrive.

“Yes, it is a shame not to have adequate electricity for the mass majority of homes in Nigeria and to power our industries. How can we address poverty without electricity? We can take many people out of poverty with uninterrupted electricity supply. Poverty is not acceptable, and we must banish it,” President Tinubu concluded.

In his welcome address, NBA President, Yakubu Maikyau, SAN, expressed the confidence of the NBA in the ability of President Bola Tinubu to deliver good governance to Nigeria because of his pedigree and past track record of excellent performance in Lagos State, where he was the governor between 1999-2007.

“President Tinubu got it right in Lagos, and it is our considered expectation that as President of Nigeria, you will not only replicate your achievements in Lagos, but surpass them for our country.”

The conference was attended by the Attorney General of the Federation, Prince Lateef Fagbemi; Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila; Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike; Minister of Sports, Senator John Enoh; former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, past NBA Presidents and many senior government officials.

https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-i-wont-sustain-failed-theory-of-servicing-debt-with-scarce-revenue/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by taylor88(m): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
Says a thief

Number one Cocaine trafficker in the entire world

Gloria B. Tinubu of Chicago university

Chicago transgender

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by yarimo(m): 12:01am On Aug 28, 2023
Ofunaofu:

President Bola Tinubu has declared that Nigeria will not sustain “failed economic theory” that sees to the wastage of 90 percent of its scarce revenue in the servicing of external debts in the midst of many development challenges facing the country.

The President made the statement on Sunday in Abuja while declaring open the Annual conference of the Nigerian Bar Association at the Velodrome, Chief MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja.

While energizing the gathering of 16,190 lawyers in attendance with an extemporaneous speech, Tinubu stated that the prosperity Nigerians require will only occur once poverty is banished from the society with the focused cooperation of Nigeria’s private sector leaders, many of whom were present at the opening ceremony.

“Can we continue to service external debts with 90% of our revenue? It is a path to destruction. It is not sustainable. We must make the very difficult changes that are necessary for our country to get up from slumber and be respected among the great nations of the world,” the President said.

Speaking on the theme of the conference, “Getting it Right: Charting the Course for Nigeria’s Nation-Building,” the President stated that hard decisions must be made to set the country on a growth trajectory, despite the initial pains which meaningful reforms usually bring.

“We cannot have the country we desire without the reforms we have initiated. It is painful at the beginning, in the short and medium term, but we must do what we have to do to take this nation to its great destiny. It is not about you and it is not about me. It is about our generations yet unborn, for whom we must bequeath a great and prosperous country,” he said.

Against the backdrop of the judicial reforms he undertook as Lagos State Governor, Tinubu renewed his commitment to deal conclusively with the pressing issue of remuneration for judicial officers and legal practitioners, noting that true justice reform must begin with world-class salaries and benefits for legal professionals in Nigeria.

“You are learned. I want to learn. Why are we so blessed and we are still lacking? We must have a change of attitude and a change of our mindset. We accuse our nation and its previous leaders. We complain a lot of the past. Is that the solution? No! Let us look forward and be determined! God has given us what we need. We must work hard with determination to make our country great and it begins with you who are seated here with me,” the President exclaimed.

Referring to the keynote address delivered by the Chairman of UBA Plc and Heirs Holdings, Mr. Tony Elumelu, whom he praised for setting an agenda for economic growth and development, Tinubu bemoaned the inability of the country to eradicate poverty and tackle poor electricity supply, despite Nigeria’s abundance of gas.

He made a commitment that his administration will ensure that Nigeria generates and distributes the electricity the economy requires to thrive.

“Yes, it is a shame not to have adequate electricity for the mass majority of homes in Nigeria and to power our industries. How can we address poverty without electricity? We can take many people out of poverty with uninterrupted electricity supply. Poverty is not acceptable, and we must banish it,” President Tinubu concluded.

In his welcome address, NBA President, Yakubu Maikyau, SAN, expressed the confidence of the NBA in the ability of President Bola Tinubu to deliver good governance to Nigeria because of his pedigree and past track record of excellent performance in Lagos State, where he was the governor between 1999-2007.

“President Tinubu got it right in Lagos, and it is our considered expectation that as President of Nigeria, you will not only replicate your achievements in Lagos, but surpass them for our country.”

The conference was attended by the Attorney General of the Federation, Prince Lateef Fagbemi; Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila; Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike; Minister of Sports, Senator John Enoh; former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, past NBA Presidents and many senior government officials.

https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-i-wont-sustain-failed-theory-of-servicing-debt-with-scarce-revenue/

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Ofunaofu: 12:05am On Aug 28, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=125404955][/quote]

Reno Omokri is now an authority that now warrant you quoting his personal opinion

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by yarimo(m): 12:08am On Aug 28, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Reno Omokri is now an authority that now warrant you quoting his personal opinion
so I am now your authority that you quote me

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Ofunaofu: 12:10am On Aug 28, 2023
yarimo:
so I am now your authority that you quote me

You didn't make any comment

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by yarimo(m): 12:13am On Aug 28, 2023
Ofunaofu:

You didn't make any comment
and you quote me

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Bioboy1213(m): 12:36am On Aug 28, 2023
Presidency and Nairalanders, Trouble everywhere.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by MrsTwrite(f): 12:57am On Aug 28, 2023
All these plenty grammar no help.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by jconsulting(f): 1:18am On Aug 28, 2023
This is a man that want to change the targetory of how things will work better for all but Nigerians will not allow him they are bent on bringing on board the man that knows nothing about governance only to build supermarket and wear black cloths around attending naming ceremony of dogs and snapping picture at airport with goats.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by jara: 1:24am On Aug 28, 2023
It has never made any sense to be paying or servicing debt with 90% of income, especially when the debt is in foreign currencies. Not naira.

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Betanaija42moro: 1:27am On Aug 28, 2023
Too much talk, nothing to show for it

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Praxis758: 2:31am On Aug 28, 2023
This man should have transited from the realm of making promises to a phase of actualising his agendas.

Someone should wake him up that campaign is over, business of governance has started.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by ORIENTATION101: 3:59am On Aug 28, 2023
Praxis758:
This man should have transited from the realm of making promises to a phase of actualising his agendas.

Someone should wake him up that campaign is over, business of governance has started.
he is literally telling you the reason why the economy is going through rough patches. Servicing debts with 90% revenue is not sustainable. That's why fuel subsidy and naira subsidy have to go.
And the removal of subsidy and naira subsidy is the cause of pain to the masses, but they need a bit of patience, the policy is a good one that just needed time

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Racoon(m): 4:50am On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu can never ostracise himself and the APC from this disastrous policy because they brought it into existence and neither can he claim to be am advocate of the masses because all his policies so far have been anti-human.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Brendaniel: 5:01am On Aug 28, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
he is literally telling you the reason why the economy is going through rough patches. Servicing debts with 90% revenue is not sustainable. That's why fuel subsidy and naira subsidy have to go.
And the removal of subsidy and naira subsidy is the cause of pain to the masses, but they need a bit of patience, the policy is a good one that just needed time

But government subsidy can stay? that is why the presidency still has over 10 presidential jets that gulp hundreds of billions every year, senate gulps over a trillion every year and other numerous spendings for govt officials gulping trillions, if they were removing subsidy for the people, they should have removed for the govt too, so that we can save more as they claim, abi is saving not the target again?

Oga, you have been deceived......

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Pakute: 5:25am On Aug 28, 2023
90% revenue for debt servicing, 77trillion naira debts, $3b foreign reserves and a depleted ECA, yet some akpu heads want subsidy to continue, enemies of the state dem.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by ileojokan: 5:27am On Aug 28, 2023
Good one!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by ORIENTATION101: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2023
Brendaniel:

But government subsidy can stay? that is why the presidency still has over 10 presidential jets that gulp hundreds of billions every year, senate gulps over a trillion every year and other numerous spendings for govt officials gulping trillions, if they were removing subsidy for the people, they should have removed for the govt too, so that we can save more as they claim, abi is saving not the target again?

your ignorance is very loud. Where did you get this ridiculous lies😂😂.
Senate budget yearly is less than 300b, Aso rock yearly budget is around 500b
Fuel subsidy yearly cost nigeria 10trillions
Naira subsidy yearly cost Nigeria around 4trillions naira

Now use your sense here which one should go first?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Brendaniel: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
your ignorance is very loud. Where did you get this ridiculous lies😂😂.
Senate budget yearly is less than 300b, Aso rock yearly budget is around 500b
Fuel subsidy yearly cost nigeria 10trillions
Naira subsidy yearly cost Nigeria around 4trillions naira

Now use your sense here which one should go first?

Oga, shut up, go and do your analysis properly, when we say senate, it means lower and upper house, staff members both political and career, constituency projects and so on all for the purpose of legislation that can be per time, read the link there, you guys argue anyhow, that's 2.1 trillion in 2020

https://politicsdigest.ng/nass-gulp-2020-budget/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by ORIENTATION101: 8:04am On Aug 28, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, shut up, go and do your analysis properly, when we say senate, it means lower and upper house, staff members both political and career, constituency projects and so on all for the purpose of legislation that can be per time, read the link there, you guys argue anyhow, that's 2.1 trillion in 2020

you re mischievous liar.
The constituency projects are not part of nass annual budget.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Brendaniel: 8:13am On Aug 28, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
you re mischievous liar.
The constituency projects are not part of nass annual budget.

This is not about budget only, we are talking about expenditure as a whole, read my statement again, I said the NASS alone gulps over a trillion, these includes budget, constituency projects and all, you guys like defending rubbish all because of political support....

Oga, go and do your analysis properly, when we say senate, it means lower and upper house, staff members both political and career, constituency projects and so on all for the purpose of legislation that can be per time, read the link there, you guys argue anyhow, that's 2.1 trillion in 2020

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Caspry5: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nigeria is a poor country with extravagant government salaries and benefits. A country where the government bodies in itself is richer than 80% of her citizens. Until there's a change and adjustment in these excesses, Nigeria will not move forward because politicians aspiring positions are just there to fill their pockets and not to serve the masses. It's very sad that slavery is still a thing after we drove away our colonial masters. There's nothing to show for our independence except black man greed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Chibuzoripob: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
cool on point sir.May your wisdom never turn to foolishness like those Eluuupee 🐖s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Omoawoke2(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
Obinggos rushing into the thread to spit frustrations and hate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by salbis(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
Times are not easy for Propagandists.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by israelmao(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
b
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by leisuretym: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
It’s time for Africans to wake up

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Nightwolf1: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
Thîefnubu is a criminal. He is already looting the so called revenue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Sustain Failed Theory Of Servicing Debt With Scarce Revenue by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
Rok

taylor88:
Says a thief

Number one Cocaine trafficker in the entire world

Gloria B. Tinubu of Chicago university

Chicago transgender

Make u no allow hate convert ur knowledge into waste, that u can't comprehend or gain wisdom without reasoning with ANUS.
He is a better economist than ur Obi, producrictive and industrious! Their legacies is the EVIDENCE, no need to Explain.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Otti Concerned As 700 Abia Candidates Shun Interview / Kogi Government Extends Curfew, Residents React / Children Rendered Homeless By Killings In Plateau Flood Idps(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.