Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend (56620 Views)

Ministerial Appointment: Who Did Stella Okotete Offend? / Herdsmen: Tinubu Silent Because He Does Not Want To Offend Buhari - Adebanjo / Nigerians A Now Beggars In Abroad, Who Do We Offend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Bukola94: 12:46am On Sep 10, 2023
Britishpea:
It kept increasing per each administration. Only ayar’adua reduced from #75 to #65. Something has always been wrong.
Yaradua is the only human, that have feelings and interest of masses at heart. Even with the short term,he still make a difference. The rest no.1 are beast of men,GEJ was lucky & he tried too,maybe because he inherited Yaradua government. GEJ may have is weakness, but I prefer his government to the Buhari gov't. I am observing PBAT admin, if by next year things doesn't get fair,better e.g economy, security,fuel price, agriculture,health and education doesn't improve, I will called this present administration another failure in the making . Don't tell us a year & half isn't enough. Stop giving this people excuses and after 3 years or 4years term they will ask us to vote them again, after years of mismanagement and misgovernance. 3 to 4years is enough to make a difference like late. UMARU MUSA Yaradua&other good governors we have had. 9ja should stop voting them twice(8years tenure is a scam) a big scam since 1999. Nigeria men and the youths should reason together and our women and young ladies should reason together and find a way forward for a better & greater Nigeria has a country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by LaRosa01: 12:47am On Sep 10, 2023
both Abacha and yaradu reduced the price of fuel

TheOldGods:
In this picture, each administration that ascends there is is fuel price increase, no single adminstration has ever brought down fuel to what it was.
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Theweekend: 12:49am On Sep 10, 2023
grin
MrLankeeee:

Some people don't even accept 5naira any more. I weep
cheesy
MrLankeeee:

Some people don't even accept 5naira any more. I weep
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by HeroicMeastro: 12:54am On Sep 10, 2023
TheOldGods:
In this picture, each administration that ascends there is is fuel price increase, no single adminstration has ever brought down fuel to what it was.
Na OBJ wicked pass wo..
Heartless man
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by nosa2ekundayo: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2023
yinkus6750:
Abandoning the maintainance of our refineries and resorting to exporting our crude to refine and importing back PMS, actually increased the landing , thereby causing government to be subsidizing the product.
Then , corruption played into the situation.
So unfortunate that the masses are suffering the aftermath of bad leadership

My brother,do you know that any govt that plans to bring our refineries to life will never get into power...this is the grand architectural masterpiece of the west. If he gets in and begins the process, they will either Jonathan him out, Gaddafi him out, or ambode him out.

Do you know that importation of flour for bread,cake,puff puff ,etc into Nigeria is by force?
Nigeria was a trade area paid for by Unilever PLC...
Slavery is still ongoing in Nigeria...
Mali, Gabon, Burkina Faso,Niger etc just recently broke the shackles off their feet!

There is a bigger problem than this corruption thing we are facing, corruption is just a local ripple effect of the earlier mentioned challenges...

I just wan use this one support your talk on top 2 bowls of kolanut
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Xkonzult: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2023
Belafonte:

Cry today, cry tomorrow. One thing is sure...

Peter Obi will never be president of Nigeria

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Oponu who cares if Peter obi becomes president or not the are octagenarian and their time will elapse while by that time u might b exhausted ..as well even if it's a goat to rule u should pray to witness development in ur or if not ur time ur children...we are going backwards oga
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by EmmyDJourno: 1:55am On Sep 10, 2023
Belafonte:

kiss kiss kiss kiss

And you would remain a slave forever😁
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by papamodico: 2:17am On Sep 10, 2023
TheOldGods:
The question I use to ask people myself.
May God help us
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by themanderon: 2:42am On Sep 10, 2023
tefund:
But the military laid the foundation of this madness by giving us a flawed Constitution that took power from the federating unit and gave it to the center,making progress almost Imposible...now the center is not thinking of returning the power back to the people ...

Yes they did, and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. We are stuck in a rot as a nation.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by cassette(m): 3:23am On Sep 10, 2023
Belafonte:

kiss kiss kiss kiss

One thing is certain, you and all your family members are feeling the crunch of this administration, win win I guess ?
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Bigchristo: 3:48am On Sep 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
if a certain tribe can inflate prices via trade unions to the point goods that get to them first before being transported elsewhere with extra cost is cheaper in every other place. That tribe doesn't deserve power.
Y’all should be ashamed of yourselves for hitting on tribe at this 21st century make una try wise Nigeria is for all of us be it good or bad we all suffered the consequences of bad governance, shey you dey buy the fuel at high cost? Govt nor give your tribe special treatment, just Dey play oo 😂😂
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Padipadi(m): 4:16am On Sep 10, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
The offense started when some moro.ns felt a particular tribe are their major headache and kept voting mumu people into government and kept repeating mistakes every 4 years
Name that tribe
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Padipadi(m): 4:17am On Sep 10, 2023
Tochi3:
The emilokans were offended..

....some people wanted to teach the old Eastern region politics.. grin grin
The north's actually the problem. You eastern people should grow respect to southwest. Them curse una with trolling ni?
When Atiku shenked Obi and Wike, you no cry. Blame PDP and Atiku naa!

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by tonytony208(m): 4:25am On Sep 10, 2023
MrLankeeee:

Can you spend Kobo now?

That should tell you the economy is now very bad due to series of bad government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Kog45(m): 4:40am On Sep 10, 2023
We didn’t offended anybody.Infact your parents or our parents are part of the problem we are facing now,so let’s keep on working for better Nigeria
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Alpharey: 4:50am On Sep 10, 2023
BobbieZion:

Na wa!! for you.
This was a piece for logical reasoning, yet you still found a way and turned it to a mudslinging tribalistic challenge.

What of the people that voted for the same candidate and are not his tribesmen, or the ones that also voted for the opposition irrespective of ethnic affiliation?
It is time to move on from pettiness, the thing na everybody e dey touch.
Don't be bitter.

But Sad west people always divide the presidential candidates amongst tribes and I begin to wonder. Even when two Yoruba candidates were vying for Lagos State governorship position, one was labeled Igbo and was even called Chinedu. Those people are anti progressives
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Odibembem: 5:14am On Sep 10, 2023
TheOldGods:

Seems many of u dont understand d concept of standard of living. Even if d economy was great and refineries working, fuel price would still rise due to economic expansion and inflation which is a global phenomemom. How much was your parents salary at that time? I remember when a big cousin of mine was earning N2,000 as an Assistant Manager in NDIC way back 1991 and weas little kids were shouting that d money was just too much. What was d price of crude oil during that time? In 1998 crude was like $9, today it's close to $80 so u still want price of petrol to stay same? If u have family in d UK ask them d price of train and bus transportation now compared to what it was 15 years ago, same with price of groceries, it has shyrocket. So try to understand that prices can never stay same. What we all should work and pray for is increased employment, increased income, increase productivity and increased standard of living. During your parents time how many of them could afford even coloured television not to talk of satellite tv? Most of them were cooking with firewood but today it's mainly clean cooking gas. How many of them could afford private cars, even to cook with vegetable oil was a luxury, they were bleaching palm oil to cook stew. Look at how far we have gone, there was never a time we all say down and said naija was good, we always complained, its only when we look back that we now say oh things were great whereas that's not really d case

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by UnfairLife7(m): 5:53am On Sep 10, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

See this werey ... Travel oga ... You no even get money travel sef
you be enemy of progress. Migration is part of life. People migrate for different reasons. People has been migrating before now, just that it was common now
Be happy whenever you see or hear people relocating and wish them well. Don't be UNFORTUNATE HUMAN BEING. You're not more Nigerian than others and they're not more Nigerian than you either. Let America, Canada and UK declare free visa for Nigerians and watch even those your RONUs leaving in droves.

Even Nigerians that cannot even afford ordinary passport will leave without thinking twice. Do that for Americans or Canadians and see if you'd see one single soul running to Nigeria.

Old man like you wey no get ordinary passport. US and Canada will not even give you Visa. You be old cargo😂
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by UnfairLife7(m): 5:56am On Sep 10, 2023
cassette:

One thing is certain, you and all your family members are feeling the crunch of this administration, win win I guess ?
They cry in their closet but come online to pretend all is well. Suffering and smiling people. Na them dey suffer for emilokan government pass.
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by isahsalee: 7:07am On Sep 10, 2023
No blame game, there have been steady increment in price of products right from inception.

My father's salary then was #109.00.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by mfm04622: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2023
TheOldGods:

Is there ANYWHERE in the world where prices of goods and services are at same level now compared to your parent's time?

Or are you paid same salary as your parents?
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by benqo01(m): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2023
THE APC AND ITS SUPPORTERS ARE THE DISASTERS THAT PLUNGE THIS COUNTRY INTO THIS MESS
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by correctguy101(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2023
BobbieZion:

Nigeria's economy defies arithmetics.
Foreign exchange.

Our own always different.

Nigeria is not normal...
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Uchesis: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2023
Belafonte:

Good morning bro. Just wanted to remind you that Peter Obi will never be president of Nigeria

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

And Atiku too. Incase you forgot
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Fearyourcreator: 7:44am On Sep 10, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you be enemy of progress. Migration is part of life. People migrate for different reasons. People has been migrating before now, just that it was common now
Be happy whenever you see or hear people relocating and wish them well. Don't be UNFORTUNATE HUMAN BEING. You're not more Nigerian than others and they're not more Nigerian than you either. Let America, Canada and UK declare free visa for Nigerians and watch even those your RONUs leaving in droves.

Even Nigerians that cannot even afford ordinary passport will leave without thinking twice. Do that for Americans or Canadians and see if you'd see one single soul running to Nigeria.

Old man like you wey no get ordinary passport. US and Canada will not even give you Visa. You be old cargo😂
Ok
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by zelnababa(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2023
Baba letter writer no try oooo
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by emperor863(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2023
TheOldGods:

Did you bother to ask your parents what the minimum wage was in those days? Did you bother to ask them if they had a car?

Inflation has positive effects but it is true that inflation in Nigeria has not been well managed by succeeding governments.
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Jeffy1206(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2023
I remember buying at 10-20 naira then in the 90s😕😔
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Gentlelox: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
if a certain tribe can inflate prices via trade unions to the point goods that get to them first before being transported elsewhere with extra cost is cheaper in every other place. That tribe doesn't deserve power.
na ona dey make people dey leave Nairaland.

How does a tribe relate to the cost of fuel here ?

Nairaland has people with low IQ. .when I av time I will buy a forum where people will use their NIN to register.... This is crap
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by Abassmt: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2023
TheOldGods:
The problem of Nigeria started with the first military coup, since that first coup Nigeria never Ballance simple
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by IntelLord: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2023
Brendaniel:

He's kind of right though, the moment merit was thrown away in favour of tribe and religious affiliation was the beginning of the problems of Nigeria, merit is supposed to be paramount in choosing leaders but here what do we have, if you want to see where Nigeria's leadership problem started, go and read the northern legislative assembly transcript almost immediately after Independence....

@Brendaniel please can you kindly point me to where I can read this transcript you speak of?
Re: I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend by TheOldGods: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2023
Odibembem:

Seems many of u dont understand d concept of standard of living. Even if d economy was great and refineries working, fuel price would still rise due to economic expansion and inflation which is a global phenomemom. How much was your parents salary at that time? I remember when a big cousin of mine was earning N2,000 as an Assistant Manager in NDIC way back 1991 and weas little kids were shouting that d money was just too much. What was d price of crude oil during that time? In 1998 crude was like $9, today it's close to $80 so u still want price of petrol to stay same? If u have family in d UK ask them d price of train and bus transportation now compared to what it was 15 years ago, same with price of groceries, it has shyrocket. So try to understand that prices can never stay same. What we all should work and pray for is increased employment, increased income, increase productivity and increased standard of living. During your parents time how many of them could afford even coloured television not to talk of satellite tv? Most of them were cooking with firewood but today it's mainly clean cooking gas. How many of them could afford private cars, even to cook with vegetable oil was a luxury, they were bleaching palm oil to cook stew. Look at how far we have gone, there was never a time we all say down and said naija was good, we always complained, its only when we look back that we now say oh things were great whereas that's not really d case
ogaz you're talking jilbrish. All these you're saying how does that coronate with increase in fuel. Is increase in fuel development? What nonsense are you spilling here. Which one is cooking gas, was cooking gas available in mass production then? Which one is colored television, can you afford a TV of 5 million, if you can how many people can now, how many people can buy ordinary naija used car talkmore of new one, you're just talking nonsense at your age. Older than me but a brain of a child

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria after 6 day trip to the UK(photos) / Wives Of Top Nigeria Politicians (pictures) / Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.