Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Military seizes power in Gabon - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military seizes power in Gabon (65428 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by brownroofpipuar: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

That of gabon is different.his father ruled gabon and died and this man just got a third term.but here,tinubu is just coming in new.he won clean

Which tinubu won clean?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Emperor5(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2023
How can a reasonable leader contest for 3rd term in office as president, he has nothing offer!
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by wink2015(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2023
WIND OF CHANGE IS BLOWING IN AFRICA.

It is starting with French speaking African countries.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Bacteria8: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
Olodo grin
Go to school you will not.

Gabon is not a West African country

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by dollynnn(f): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

Succinctly couched!
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Curious346: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Irony1:

I saw your post and I am wondering why it was not moved to front page.
and this post came through with fake pictures
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Tntsi:

Just like it didn't work in burkinafaso! Following tinubu can depreciate the knowledge of a young man.

Oga,I mean in nigeria.coups in Nigeria always fail except generals are involved or except abacha and ibb are involved.coups happen in a sittight democracy.again,the units that can carry out coup are completely loyal to tinubu
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by kestolove95(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Africa is waking up

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Bacteria8: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Good one.

Watch as AU and ECOWAS rush to condemn the action. They sit down and watch corruption, nepotism and election rigging take over Africa and they do nothing,but once the people react they start to talk .

The west also watch as Africa leaders plunder the resources of Africa and they do nothing,but will be quick to react once the people want to take their destiny in their hands.

Mr Biden,the gay right activist is only concern about Africa only when is has to do with deviant's,I mean the LGBTQ people.
He comes up with his usual,I will stop aid's and bla bla bla once his project LGBTQ is threaten in Africa. But you will never see him talk about election rigging and corruption in Africa.

Africa will continue to experience such actions until they start doing the right thing.

Olodo grin grin grin

Go to school, you refuse.

Gabon is not a West African country
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by mrvitalis(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

That of gabon is different.his father ruled gabon and died and this man just got a third term.but here,tinubu is just coming in new.he won clean
If the people wanted him and voted for him that's not a problem... The problem was he rigged himself against the people interest

That's the Koko... You can rig yourself in and not expect coup... If he won there wouldn't have been need for coup

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by crossfm: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2023
emapeteum:

Hmmm! Gabon is in central Africa, not West Africa. So ECOWAS has no business in what is happening in central Africa

Read what I wrote again.
I said condemn, which they normally do.
They must not be from the same region before they speak about it.

If the West and America are vocal about the happenings in Africa,why won't their own brothers do the same.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by JoshTim: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
..is Gabon member of ECOWAS?...slowpoke.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Bacteria8: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

Typical obidient dull head... rushing to talk. Olodo! grin

Gabon is not a west Africa country.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by ruffDiamond: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Rowlandjude:

Sorry bro, Gabon is not part of Ecowas o
does mean a DAMN thing so far na African country...!the mess has been spread already DemAllCrazy is a fraud!no to election rigger!

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Bacteria8: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Ofunaofu:

It was long over when a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture was allowed to become ECOWAS chairman
Typical obidient dull head... nothing upstairs!
Olodo grin grin

Gabon is not a west Africa country

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Lanre1st(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Nigeria Army what are you waiting for
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Racoon(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Isobug: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

How this matter take concern Benin?
He was listing French colonies that's why he said Ghana if care is not taken because Ghana is not a french colony
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2023
brownroofpipuar:

Which tinubu won clean?

If you remove the rigging,he still won
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by 9jahotblog: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Gabon's former President Omar Bongo had 70 bank accounts, 39 apartments, 2 Ferraris, 6 Mercedes Benz cars, 3 Porsches, and a Bugatti in France.

He ruled for 42 years (from 1967 to 2009).

His son, Ali Bongo, has been president since 2009.

He has just been overthrown in a coup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by IamAtikulate: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Fugazy2023:
That is the danger of not invading Niger republic.
PRESIDENT TINUBU shouldn't have listened to the foolish noise makers that have no vision and sense. Useless bastard of a tribe I'm sharing a country with.
Nobody told our Yoevba brothers not to invade Niger. But if you want to do that, March the soldier into Benin Republic from Ogun state and launch your invasion from there.

Don't carry your fo0lishness near northern borders.

It's as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by brownroofpipuar: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

Coups that are undertaken by captains,majors do not work.see nzeogeu and orkar coup.it must be undertaken by generals to be effective

Stop talking what you have no idea of. Mention one successful coup plan by generals, the guy is enlighten you and you arguing..
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by optimusprime2(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Apparently from the looks of things, France is getting kicked out of Africa for good... the long reign of the CFA is likely about to end.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by itsene: 8:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Goodman2023:
Watch how some people will call out ECOWAS...just because they don't know what "W" represents in ECOWAS
Absolutely, so many uninformed people.
The popularity of any leader goes up and down, so overthrowing a government due temporary dip in popularity doesn't make sense.
It only guarantees unending turmoil and anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by PaNnamdi: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
The coup ends The Bongo's family's 56-year hold onto power in Gabon.

Gabon is NOT an ECOWAS country though. it's in Central Africa and a member of Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
Why excuses wether Gabon na ECOWAS or not grin anyways agbado master would be pleased to hear that Gabon nor be ECOWAS member cool
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

If the people wanted him and voted for him that's not a problem... The problem was he rigged himself against the people interest

That's the Koko... You can rig yourself in and not expect coup... If he won there wouldn't have been need for coup

The result was tight so you can't say it was rigging per se.the issue is that he has overstayed,people are tired of the bongo dynasty.it is not always about rigging but sit-tightism and poor leadership.did bazoum rig himself? Was there rigging in Burkina and Mali?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Isobug: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Bacteria8:

Typical obidient dull head... nothing upstairs!
Olodo grin grin

Gabon is not a west Africa country
He did not say Gabon is ECOWAS county. He was making emphasis. I know that Monika very well in this forum, I know you here too, you can not match him academically likewise you can't lace the shoe of a typical Obidient too. Of course your rant that Obidients are olodos ends here on Nairaland, come out and challenge a typical Obidient academically, I want to check something.
An Obidient collated the IREV results for everyone else, that's a tedious academic activity to engage in, you and your fellow supporters did not do it, be there shouting Obidients are olodos when it's the other way round

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by 89green: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Good one.

Watch as AU and ECOWAS rush to condemn the action. They sit down and watch corruption, nepotism and election rigging take over Africa and they do nothing,but once the people react they start to talk .

The west also watch as Africa leaders plunder the resources of Africa and they do nothing,but will be quick to react once the people want to take their destiny in their hands.

Mr Biden,the gay right activist is only concern about Africa only when is has to do with deviant's,I mean the LGBTQ people.
He comes up with his usual,I will stop aid's and bla bla bla once his project LGBTQ is threaten in Africa. But you will never see him talk about election rigging and corruption in Africa.

Africa will continue to experience such actions until they start doing the right thing.

You have said it all, anyone who disagrees with these needs series of brain checks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Alliswell248: 8:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Let's wait for Eebola to send Asari to fight Gabonese sojas. All these monarchical democracy must be put to an end in Africa. And coup de ballot is worse than coup de etat

Noisemakers...
Asari is the nightmare of all alaigbo miscreants.
Asari alone would finish all Ipob miscreants and ugm.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by PHIPEX(m): 8:10am On Aug 30, 2023
olatade:
The instability in former French colonies is something I've never been able to wrap my head around. Is it by design or a mere coincidence?
French unjustly supports life presidents
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Beosten(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Is Gabon a part of ECOWAS
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by kenchop: 8:11am On Aug 30, 2023
YOU LACK WISDOM LIKE YOUR FATHER THE DRUG KINGPIN.

Fugazy2023:
That is the danger of not invading Niger republic.
PRESIDENT TINUBU shouldn't have listened to the foolish noise makers that have no vision and sense. Useless bastard of a tribe I'm sharing a country with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback / Rapists Hired To 'break' Inmates Inside Putin's Horror Prisons (graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.