Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Military seizes power in Gabon - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military seizes power in Gabon (65647 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by odimbannamdi(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2023
LincolnOnyeabor:
This would have materialised in Nigeria had Tinubu not been a step ahead and retired Hundreds of Military Generals and Leadership Hierarchy on his Assumption of Office.

But let's see anyways.

That move even predisposed Tinubu to the risk of this kind of development sef. Most of the retired Generals could be disgruntled and, even though they are now retired, they still wield a lot of influence and command high level of loyalty from the current brass of Generals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Isobug: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2023
Alliswell248:

The average obidients are fraudster especially those from the sad East states.....their businesses are not clean.... everything about them is fake.
No one is envying a soon to be prisoner. Millions of them are scattered in prisons in Asia , middle East, and Europe.
You have suddenly changed the narrative. Olodo and the character you listed there are different things intoto.
Meanwhile, every region have bad eggs in terms of the character you listed. Hushpuppy is not from South East, Baba suwe is not from South, jamiu Abashin was executed in Indonesia, one of the Asian countries you attributed to the south East, of course he's not from South East, the list is endless

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Brushstrokes20: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2023
Awesome! eBOLA can do his worst!
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Pwettylinda(f): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2023
RevenuesBoost:
Same thing will happen in Nigeria

Sorry to disappoint you - Nigerians don't have the balls grin grin Nigerian Military don't have such balls and can't due to massive tribalism and religion

Nigerians are fools who fear polithiefcians and enjoy suffering and smiling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by BOYS2MEN: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Joshmanfashion(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier Africa is recolonize, the better for us all.
how I wish you are in the time of colonial era do you make research at all

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Bacteria8: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Isobug:

He did not say Gabon is ECOWAS county. He was making emphasis. I know that Monika very well in this forum, I know you here too, you can not match him academically likewise you can't lace the shoe of a typical Obidient too. Of course your rant that Obidients are olodos ends here on Nairaland, come out and challenge a typical Obidient academically, I want to check something.
An Obidient collated the IREV results for everyone else, that's a tedious academic activity to engage in, you and your fellow supporters did not do it, be there shouting Obidients are olodos when it's the other way round
Collation of irev results is an academic activity ?? Lol grin

Typical chest beating obidient dull head grin
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Joshmanfashion(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Selfishness and greediness is eating us up in Africa
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Fugazy2023: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2023
kenchop:
YOU LACK WISDOM LIKE YOUR FATHER THE DRUG KINGPIN.

We both are still better than your biological father
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

Saying Gabon election we a followed last week was not rigged evil

Bazoum rigged himself in there were protest people died even an attempted coup

Not every coup happen like Gabon just after the election some take years

Every coup in Africa is because of a rigged election and a un performing leader who has forced himself into power

No popular president can be removed via coup... It's impossible

Oga,bazoum did not rig.he had no strong opposition.before then,coups were regular in niger.his predecessor issoufou was attacked by coupists.evej him bazoum survived a coup.he ruled badly for two years before he was overthrown.
In Mali,president boubacar keita ruled for seven years before he was removed.in Burkina Faso, president rorc Marc christian ruled for 7 years also before he was overthrown.where is the rigging? It is all about bad leadership coupled with poor leadership not rigging

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Fugazy2023: 8:27am On Aug 30, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Nobody told our Yoevba brothers not to invade Niger. But if you want to do that, March the soldier into Benin Republic from Ogun state and launch your invasion from there.

Don't carry your fo0lishness near northern borders.

It's as simple as that.

Ozuor... ewu
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by onyxo76(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Abagworo:

Military rule is better than some democracy. I was born during Buhari military era and grew through Babangida and Abacha. Nigeria was safer and less tribalistic.
i can't agree less, I've witnessed all regimes from Obasanjo military era till now...things were not this bad then.
its a matter of time before people revolt here, its becoming really uncomfortable living in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 8:27am On Aug 30, 2023
feyay:
The most important contributory factor to this military taking over currently going on in the African continent is due to failures of politically elected officials to effect the changes that will better the life of the citizens.

Exactly
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by omozu1(m): 8:28am On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Good one.

Watch as AU and ECOWAS rush to condemn the action. They sit down and watch corruption, nepotism and election rigging take over Africa and they do nothing,but once the people react they start to talk .

The west also watch as Africa leaders plunder the resources of Africa and they do nothing,but will be quick to react once the people want to take their destiny in their hands.

Mr Biden,the gay right activist is only concern about Africa only when is has to do with deviant's,I mean the LGBTQ people.
He comes up with his usual,I will stop aid's and bla bla bla once his project LGBTQ is threaten in Africa. But you will never see him talk about election rigging and corruption in Africa.

Africa will continue to experience such actions until they start doing the right thing.
Don't mind then

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Fugazy2023: 8:28am On Aug 30, 2023
Isobug:
I can see bitterness in your comment probably because you are benefiting somehow from the government. The tribe you despise meant well for you Sir. All they want is good governance from a clean hands. Follow their anticident of support in political period you will know they meant well for you.
Keep supporting political class to remain in office forever. You have ruled for the first and second time and it's not enough for you to say let another person try even though the people are complaining of election rigging you still went ahead to rig for a third term because the country was made for you. Tell Tinubu to invade Niger naa. I know your fear, that it may reach your oga turn. Don't worry just tell him to lead well that's if the court won't ouster him

If i read the nonsense you wrote there, make I bend. Na only mad man will read absolute rubbish written by a clown
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Elidrisy20: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Young officers with ballz of steel.Too bad the only igbo president in the world
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Hanndye: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Overtake just de overtake Overtake in Africa. Is it us or democracy or both? One thing I can say is that we lack self -discipline. It's self interest above all. Africans can do with changes until we get it right, though. Pass the baton.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by greggng: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2023
The best news of today . African countries are not practicing democracy...sit tight dictators are the reason why Africa us not moving forward.. injustice and marginalisation is another reason. Is spreading and I won't be surprise if it gets to Nigeria...time will tell .
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by rajiedreez: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

What type of development and liberation did Ali Bongo and his Omar Bongo bring to the people of Gabon?

You still didn't get my point, I'm not excusing the the Bongos obvious bad and corrupt behaviors. What I'm saying is that coup isn't good for Africa at all
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Jagabanofafrica: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2023
Forumobserver12:

Gabon is far more richer than Nigeria, do your research, Go on is a oil reach country and one of the largest exporter of timbers in Africa...

Lols
Pls go on research before typing ... U said Gabon is richer Nigeria. The 3 richest countries are

Nigeria, Egypt and South Africa ... follow by others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by mrvitalis(m): 8:31am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,bazoum did not rig.he had no strong opposition.before then,coups were regular in niger.his predecessor issoufou was attacked by coupists.evej him bazoum survived a coup.he ruled badly for two years before he was overthrown.
In Mali,president boubacar keita ruled for seven years before he was removed.in Burkina Faso, president rorc Marc christian ruled for 7 years also before he was overthrown.where is the rigging? It is all about bad leadership coupled with poor leadership not rigging
I don't have time to reply election rigged

Mali and Burkina Faso president all wanted to go for 3rd them despite failure

If Niger coup were not rigged why were there protest? Why did people die?

Obviously u don't know what free election looks like
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Isobug: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2023
Bacteria8:

It shows who you really are. In your definition academic activity is only done in school. These people sef. I know I know I know, meanwhile, they know absolute nothing
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by masseratti: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2023
Abagworo:

Military rule is better than some democracy. I was born during Buhari military era and grew through Babangida and Abacha. Nigeria was safer and less tribalistic.
if buy your safer and better I can categorically tell you.. All the civilian government post Abacha were way better than Abacha regime you could av say Abacha regime was better, safer etc because by then you had no worries, your parents had the obligation to shield you from the reality of life then.. But let me put it to you no government I repeat none of the administration from 1960 till date was better than the one it preceded.. So saying any military govt was better is complete fallacy.. If we were under milatary govt heck am sure me and you won't be having this convoy.. This forum would have been banned by now, you won't have anyone to even complain anything to.. Please don't pray for it plus they are very bad economic managers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by brownroofpipuar: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, there was the coup by the generals in Algeria in 1993, and the one by the Ivorien general Robert Guei in 1999, and of course the one in Niger recently, and here in Nigeria...the 1983, 85 and even the 1975 coups come to mind.

Abroad, the Turkish generals have sometimes taken power via coup (to safequard the country's secular constitution), and Iraq too has had several generals coups.

They get themselves promoted to generals after the coup was successful.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Isobug: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2023
Bacteria8:

It goes to show who you really are, dullard 😃😃
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by RosyIsBlessed: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Good one.

Watch as AU and ECOWAS rush to condemn the action. They sit down and watch corruption, nepotism and election rigging take over Africa and they do nothing,but once the people react they start to talk .

The west also watch as Africa leaders plunder the resources of Africa and they do nothing,but will be quick to react once the people want to take their destiny in their hands.

Mr Biden,the gay right activist is only concern about Africa only when is has to do with deviant's,I mean the LGBTQ people.
He comes up with his usual,I will stop aid's and bla bla bla once his project LGBTQ is threaten in Africa. But you will never see him talk about election rigging and corruption in Africa.

Africa will continue to experience such actions until they start doing the right thing.

Problem of Africa are the leaders not the westerners.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by garfield1: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2023
brownroofpipuar:

Stop talking what you have no idea of. Mention one successful coup plan by generals, the guy is enlighten you and you arguing..

1967 counter coup,1975 murtala coup,1983 coup,1985 coup,1993 abacha coup
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by JuanDeDios: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............
It's a major forest reservoir of the world. The world looks to Gabon to protect its forest the way it looks to Brazil to protect the Amazon.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by masseratti: 8:35am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

How is the worst democracy better than the best military rule?

Google Is your friend my dear..
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by 2016easy2017: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by GeeTeeFree(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Good one. This is what we need in Africa. The government has failed us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Russia & China's Nuclear Bombers Encircles Japan During Joe Biden Visit (Photos) / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia / Israel Will Not Join America In War Against Iran - Benjamin Netanyahu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.