Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Military seizes power in Gabon - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military seizes power in Gabon (65650 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by arantess: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............
Wetin concern them for this yeye talk?

They are after their own welfare, how goes it concern Europeans?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Wickedlywicked: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
See how you’re gleefully disgracing your entire generation here grin
Is Gabon in West Africa?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by JONSYN7154: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Next is NIGERIA.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lolu2019: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
The coup ends The Bongo's family's 56-year hold onto power in Gabon.

Gabon is NOT an ECOWAS country though. it's in Central Africa and a member of Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
they don't read.they only know how to wail.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by abcity2001(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Gabon is not part of west Africa.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by nairalanda1(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2023
brownroofpipuar:

Stop talking what you have no idea of. Mention one successful coup plan by generals, the guy is enlighten you and you arguing..

Well, there was the coup by the generals in Algeria in 1993, and the one by the Ivorien general Robert Guei in 1999, and of course the one in Niger recently, and here in Nigeria...the 1983, 85 and even the 1975 coups come to mind.

Abroad, the Turkish generals have sometimes taken power via coup (to safequard the country's secular constitution), and Iraq too has had several generals coups.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by olaniyilukman(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2023
kokoA:
Bongo family think say Gabon na their birthright.
It is bad honestly, how could an individual stay in power for over 53years and yet the country did not move forward, Africans is not a place for decent human being....

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by mrvitalis(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2023
garfield1:

The result was tight so you can't say it was rigging per se.the issue is that he has overstayed,people are tired of the bongo dynasty.it is not always about rigging but sit-tightism and poor leadership.did bazoum rig himself? Was there rigging in Burkina and Mali?
Saying Gabon election we a followed last week was not rigged evil

Bazoum rigged himself in there were protest people died even an attempted coup

Not every coup happen like Gabon just after the election some take years

Every coup in Africa is because of a rigged election and a un performing leader who has forced himself into power

No popular president can be removed via coup... It's impossible

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Alliswell248: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2023
Isobug:

He did not say Gabon is ECOWAS county. He was making emphasis. I know that Monika very well in this forum, I know you here too, you can not match him academically likewise you can't lace the shoe of a typical Obidient too. Of course your rant that Obidients are olodos ends here on Nairaland, come out and challenge a typical Obidient, I want to check something

The average obidients are fraudster especially those from the sad East states.....their businesses are not clean.... everything about them is fake.
No one is envying a soon to be prisoner. Millions of them are scattered in prisons in Asia , middle East, and Europe.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by rolams(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier Africa is recolonize, the better for us all.

Recolonize? No. The major issue is bastardization of African electoral system. We may learn through this military coup or if the our courts can stand firm on the truth, things will be better. But we need to be sincere, court should be the decider of election winners if the arm in charge is allowed to operate freely and it discharge the duty without bias.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by LegacyB: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Good one.

Watch as AU and ECOWAS rush to condemn the action. They sit down and watch corruption, nepotism and election rigging take over Africa and they do nothing,but once the people react they start to talk .

The west also watch as Africa leaders plunder the resources of Africa and they do nothing,but will be quick to react once the people want to take their destiny in their hands.

Mr Biden,the gay right activist is only concern about Africa only when is has to do with deviant's,I mean the LGBTQ people.
He comes up with his usual,I will stop aid's and bla bla bla once his project LGBTQ is threaten in Africa. But you will never see him talk about election rigging and corruption in Africa.

Africa will continue to experience such actions until they start doing the right thing.
The truth is that you are a part of the Problem. If you can tell us the right thing to be done . Probably I can tell you why and how ure part of it.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Papayaayasager(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2023
lexy2014:

Wetin concern ECOWAS for this matter?

They have set the toothless template for ECCAS countries to know that their union will not act should the Central African countries military seize power.

So, it has began soon the South African, East African, North African countries will follow.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by phemmyfour: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Seconded. No respect for constituted authority
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Abagworo(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2023
From the look of things every country with flawed election will experience coup or war henceforth. Africans have realized the results of elections never reflects the will of majority but rather imposition.

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by masseratti: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
but he said the truth na?

What is democracy without first having a true and fair elections that reflects the will of the people?

Answer me!!!

If democracy is not working let's try another system of Government.
the worst democracy is way better than the best Military rule.. I guess you were not born when the
Military was in power in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Alsenora: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Gabon shouldn't be Ecowas immediate concern; it isn't a West African country.
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Same thing will happen in Nigeria
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Lokospirit(m): 8:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Gabon is not an ECOWAS member.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by arantess: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2023
olatade:
The instability in former French colonies is something I've never been able to wrap my head around. Is it by design or a mere coincidence?
Is there any coincidence in this world?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by mustykenzy(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2023
You don't even know what you're saying, have you asked yourself why so much coup and what leads to coup?
StrongAlphMale:
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Alliswell248: 8:16am On Aug 30, 2023
JONSYN7154:
Next is NIGERIA.

Keep chasing shadows....

That is why Tinubu kept people from the sad East far away from him.
Buhari never appointed any of them as service chief.... because they cannot be trusted.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Abagworo(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2023
masseratti:
the worst democracy is way better than the best Military rule.. I guess you were not born when the

Military rule is better than some democracy. I was born during Buhari military era and grew through Babangida and Abacha. Nigeria was safer and less tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Tobbyjug: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2023
Democracy is gradually being eroded in Africa because of poor management by umpires and democratic institution where election results does not reflect the wishes of the people.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Richcreed(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

Relax dude, Garbon is not a member of ECOWAS.
besides the ruling family has been in power for 56years, its about time someone else step in.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by BOYS2MEN: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2023
Ooh happy!!!
Ohh happy dayyyy!!!
Oh happy !!!
Ohh happy day!!!
When niger rose...
When Gabon rose!!!
Africa rise...
Africa rise!!!!!
All our sufferings gonna be washed away...ohh HAPPY DAY !!!!! grin
Alleluia somebody!!!
koiki4bat:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/30/gabon-coup-military-takeover-gabonese-election-disputed
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Pwettylinda(f): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2023
Aremwayne:
This is becoming something else, Ecowas need to step in an act fast.

This one na olodo

Where is Gabon located in Africa

Agbado olodo
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Etinemideri: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2023
This is a good development.
We need it in all African countries.

Corruption, insecurities etc is too much and rigging of elections.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lexy2014: 8:20am On Aug 30, 2023
Papayaayasager:

They have set the toothless template for ECCAS countries to know that their union will not act should the Central African countries military seize power.

So, it has began soon the South African, East African, North African countries will follow.

Does ECCAS have a military intervention force like ECOMOG?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by shegra58: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.
Olodo you're dull

Gabon is NOT an ECOWAS country . it's in Central Africa and a member of Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Thomasankara(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

[/color] Gabon no dey ECOWAS[color=#770077]
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by HateBigots: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Military did the right thing.

Ali Bongo's father was president from 1967-(his death)2009.
Then he became president from 2009-2023(3 terms).

Nepotism isn't democracy.

During his father's presidency, he was Minister of Foreign Affairs from 1989 to 1991,

represented Bongoville as a Deputy in the National Assembly from 1991 to 1999, and was Minister of Defense from 1999 to 2009.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by lexy2014: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2023
masseratti:

How is the worst democracy better than the best military rule?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Russia & China's Nuclear Bombers Encircles Japan During Joe Biden Visit (Photos) / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia / Israel Will Not Join America In War Against Iran - Benjamin Netanyahu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.