Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison (42720 Views)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / My Crazy Uber Experience / Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Chiefwandungu(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2023
1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. - Wow! Interesting. Tanzania is a quiet a beautiful country, I've been there twice. My best friend from College is Tanzanian and I plan on investing there soon. But not as a Nigerian o! I hold Zambian, Nigerian and US passports. Sorry, you had to go through all that. What an ordeal. Stay strong, you'll bounce back as Nigerians, we are very resourceful and resilient people. ✌️
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by MyAmericandream(f): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

Have u ever heard frm God?

Yes na. For almost every decisions I have made in life have always called on Baba God he answers me sharply(most especially through dreams). If no be village people I for don explode.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Ikpunnegi01: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
So, you were sharing kpekus inside prison, where is my own grin The Zoo is far gone! Since una no fit hold una leaders accountable make other people hate una, so that you all can go back and build una home..
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by CedarHoldings: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ani in the last word in your,you smiling and saying to a guy you are comingback, if na play stop am o,you may not come baack.
Anitatunde:

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Uniquekriss(m): 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2023
Thank God you're safe and back on your feet, you didn't make attempt to find the one who processed the documents for you, also why did you have to sleep with the prisons warden, was there any benefit? Was the encounter a one-off or auto renew?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by dangwarmai(m): 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Now what are you doing with Nigerian loan sharks?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
MyAmericandream:

Yes na. For almost every decisions I have made in life have always called on Baba God he answers me sharply(most especially through dreams). If no be village people I for don explode.

Hahahaha. U b real bad guy
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Roycemadeit(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
oyewale0001:

...but the only thing I noticed misses is that you didn't hear from God directly before embarking on your journey to Tanzania. Please my dear, when next you want to embark on such journey again, make sure you hear from God first before going through such journey so as to avoid same repetition. Shalom.

Y'all always find a way to slot in God...

How about if God told her to go, so that she would learn a lesson like he told Hosea to marry a ho? 🤣🤣

Life is about risk, trying and learning to do things differently when they fail. That's how we advance in everything.

3 Likes

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Moneyboyz: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2023
Funny how the world hate Nigerians and Nigerian hate themselves (tribalism). We don't grow this way.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Deffi(m): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
Very crazy story indeed!

My own is: WHAT DID NIGERIA DO AGAINST THEM THAT THEY HATE NIGERIA SO?

Nyerere (Mwalimu) Never hated any African nation, but what's these ones problems....Even Ethiopians, Ehn JEALOUSY, or some SOUTH-YEASTERN 'blothers' have spoilt our names there again.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Gbenguz11: 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
madscientist88:
you write well,i wonder why you didn't invest your money in publishing a book? freedom is everything no matter what,why wont they hate nigerians when we have the highest number of fraudsters tarnishing the image of Africa,you won't understand this pain untila destiny helper rejects you because you are Nigerian, as an inventor and a rugged outdoorsman ive had my share of badlucks for being a Nigerian all for the sake of lazy fraudsters who want to make quick money.
You Ehn 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Okechinwadike: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
30m to Tanzania? bros are you ok?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
I de follow ur story, but let it not be one of those stories where the writer will stop at the middle o

So you never heard of sweet in the middle?

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Lekan239(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Beauty and cosmetics strive 10x in Africa than in Europe. I know what I am saying.

Not all businesses are well suited for the west, I did my research before delving in. If I wasn’t arrested, my brand would have been one of the best in Africa. But we move.

I own one of the top skincare brand in Nigeria. I won’t mention the name to avoid village people wahala
he us not talking about you investing the money in Europe, he us talking shout using the 30m to process SOS visa to UK for slavery jobs
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Error401: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
I can attest to this, most african countires are very envious of us

Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

1 week to my release date, I received various death threats from all corners. The prison warden which I slept with also started acting crazy.

The guy think say prison na my house because he was sad and convinced me to stay back, abi you Dey mad ni Omo prison warden.

How do you expect me to give up my freedom and chose to stay in prison. Since the threats was coming left and right, I had to personally request to be moved to a different prison. But it was bounced.

The night to my release was the longest night. I couldn’t sleep all night because I don’t know what’s next for me. I stayed up all night.

Finally it was day break, 6am sharp, I was called up after doing all paper works and stuff. I booked a flight straight to MMIA Lagos from my savings in prison + other money at hand.

I was to be deported immediately. Police men took me to the airport like a celebrity, stayed with me till my flight was due.

They watched me enter the ✈️. I smiled and told one of the guys “I will be back”.

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very real.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Chronosvineberg:
How dare you stop here?

Question sha, "the man did his thing" , he bleeped you?
Ofcus she got fvcked 🤣
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

Stay safe, stay blessed and be wise. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tag nairaland mods.

Interesting story you have here.. thank God for your freedom at last.

But then, how were you able to get your investment back while in prison? Were you able to sell them off and save the money or the Tanzanian authority confiscated them?

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Cyberblue(m): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

Thank God for wisdom. I am on the edge of travelling to Rwanda because I feel it's better to run business and work from there, because I'm a remote worker in the tech space. However, this your story is now making me have a rethink.

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
So sorry about what you went through.

Just wondering, why didn't you reach out to Nigeria Embassy? Maybe they could have helped, also, the immigration officer that processed your papers for you, did you reach out to him after you were arrested and it turned out your travel papers were fake?
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by ogele: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:

Thanks for the kind words. Before traveling I had couple of kid books (low content books) on Amazon KDP it really helped me.

About Nigerians been dislike by other African countries, the hate sometimes emanates from competition. Other Africans see Nigerians as risk takers, very hardworking and overly resilient.

When ever you do business in their own field they know automatically that you will dethrone them. So the my find various ways to cut of your wings.

It was a Tanzanian who called the cops on me so as to put me off
books like to be a millionaire
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by lendahand(m): 11:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

so what happened to the 30m loan you took??
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by descarado: 12:21am On Sep 01, 2023
AngelicBeing:
No, I have not gone to Nigeria of recent.

The Happenings in Nigeria is sickening, devastating, and very unfortunate

Diasporans often look at visiting Nigeria but with the daily quagmire and bitter reports coming out Daily from Nigeria is enough reason to think twice about visiting Nigeria

If you don't have any significant or important things to do in Nigeria, it's better to jettisoned the idea for now

Nigeria don cast, l feel so sorry for all my friends, relatives, family members etc that are trapped in the terrible conditions in Nigeria

Home is where you have peace of mind and you are able to fulfill your God ordained destiny and if that home is found in Antarctica, I will prefer to remain there forever

I am currently just a visitor to Nigeria and l will visit Nigeria but definitely not now probably in the future sad

DH have the same thought as you.
Sighs.
It's well.
Thanks.
Hope you are good

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by OgaTheTop2: 12:34am On Sep 01, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

You write well...You will be okay. Shits happen in life and happen for reasons. So, don't sweat it. You learn and move on.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Southwestidiot: 4:47am On Sep 01, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

na girls like this I dey like, smart with the never give up spirit. Girl you will go places.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Southwestidiot: 4:49am On Sep 01, 2023
SeunOsewaIsDiot:

So you never heard of sweet in the middle?
lol I like this ur moniker
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Reelz: 5:55am On Sep 01, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

you're a good fiction writer.. why not commercialize your skills.. of course you have a large following here but I dwell mostly on real life stories..
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by colbycell: 6:10am On Sep 01, 2023
I was in Prison for 2 months in Dodoma. That country is cursed. They are jealous, and at the same time afraid of Nigerians.

Any case with local you go in for it. They said I assaulted an Immigration Officer, I did after he had punched me and throw my Passport further away.

I don't take shit from anybody. I will never visit that dry country again.
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by wowcatty: 6:11am On Sep 01, 2023
The whole world knows that Nigeria is not a country fit for any human and describe Nigerians as "they hate each other there." Nigeria is not a real country, it's a place people will never know what it means to enjoy life and nature. A place people can't learn their history in schools and are regularly beating by the police, soldiers and then get kidnapped on the streets. Nigeria is a place where sworn enemies find the need to live together and thousands are killed regularly without a civil war. Yes no one will ever respect Nigeria, it's a joke of a country, a slave warehouse and until it splits, it will remain the shame of Africa.
Anitatunde:

The story is longer than this but I had to summarize everything. I learnt a lot of lessons in my time in Tanzania, nobody loves Nigerians. They might like our music and movies but the hatred for Nigerians is very

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by folks4luv(f): 7:04am On Sep 01, 2023
madscientist88:
yeah most nigerians are all of those positive things you mentioned, but you have ignored the fact that some nigerians have an evil domineering and corrupt phase on the slate, often bitting more than they can digest,certain nigerians puppeteer people and if you dont tame them they become an inferno.na we sabi create gangs and run cartel,you wont even know its run by a Nigerian. my advice to you is study safe places for people of your race before traveling to any place on earth. great to know you made positive returns on the kids book you made,if i was you,id be thinking on moving to Norway or Vienna with that kind 9f money to start a new trade.
There is nothing you mentioned here that ain't found in other nations. Indian and Chinese factory owners are known to be brutal and abusive, yet they are thriving in Africa.
Nigerians ain't running the biggest cartels in the world, the biggest fraudster ain't from Nigeria. We don't even have the highest number of fraudsters in the world. Nigerians are no saints but enough of the de-marketing based on false narratives

1 Like

Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Hassanmaye(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

Thank you very much ma but I think the only exception is Sudan, people of that country love Nigerians no doubt. That's why most Nigerians go there now to study
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by rhythyson: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

Oh Sister forget everything you will come out of it stronger, in fact you are already stronger bless you and ALLAH BE WITH YOU. feel you
Re: My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison by Trustworthiness: 8:38am On Sep 01, 2023
Anitatunde:
Part 5 and Final.

Hmmmm. What a well narrated experience. Thank God for your freedom.

The lessons I learnt from your story are:

1) We Nigerians need to rethink and work towards making our country a better place. There is no place like home, they say. It seems we Nigerians do not care if we destroy our home.

2) The image of Nigeria and Nigerians is not too palatable out there. We need to reposition ourselves in a good light to other countries. Change our attitude for better. I believed if you were from another country, aside Nigeria, you might be given a soft landing or not be given fake documents in the first instance. I believed those that give you the fake documents inform the police about your presence and fake documentation in your possession.

Once more, thanks for the information as derived from you experience in Tanzania

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Woman Shares Injury Inflicted On Her By A Bolt Driver (Photos) / Qatar Airways Launches Double Bed In Business Class (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.