Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK (42941 Views)

Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago โ€“ Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo / A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by frugal(m): 9:06am On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Oyinbo country self too get wahala.

You cannot discipline your wife as one can do in Nigeria... Your wife can wake up and call police for you and police will ask you to leave your home.

You cannot scold your kids, if you do so and the authority get to know, they will take away your kids and hand them over to a foster parent.

And this is the place some people are selling their assets to go lipsrsealed

My prayer to all Nigeria men suffering under their wives in various oyinbo country.

Lol at discipline your wife...as per say na your pikin smiley

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by verybadmouth(m): 9:06am On Aug 31, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Yes o.Mba ooo.Let those that are running run well.lols
Ahhhh

Yes ooo and Mba oooo.
I no understand ooo. Abeg send me campaign poster when time reach
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Bfly: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2023
Women can't just cope.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by crossbreedwears(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2023
Once the Authority finds out, they will flush all of them out! UK don't jeopardise anything oh
verybadmouth:

Thank you o. The UK is now filled with many fake nurses and plenty Yahoo yahoo boys that have gone to buy certificate and transcript. Many of them even buy certificate of sponsorship for caregiver jobs. Funny how UK open their doors to Fraudsters. They will mess up that country in no time

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Ayomel(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2023
In my own opinion, 90% of Nigeria ladies from 1990 are nothing to talk about at home and abroad they are so bad and evil ๐Ÿ they are so entitled, their heart is worst than that of the Devil ๐Ÿ˜ˆ they don't appreciate anything if u get a flat as soon as they find some that can give them a duplex they are gone. If you get them A G-wagon Brabus as soon as the see someone with a private jet they are gone, Even when you get them private they will go as far as sleeping with the security guard, their excuse blah blah blab la blah blah. You are too busy for them.
That gender that God gave breasts and they added theirs, God gave ass they added theirs. Forget them pls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Angelfrost(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2023
pseudonomer:

A cleaner will not earn 3000 pounds after tax monthly in UKโ€ฆ

Please, y'all should stop demonizing taxes.

Even after taxes, a financially prudent person can still save enough to make him or her wealthy by Naira and Nigerian standards.

The reasons why you Africans despise and fear taxes (including African Americans) says a lot about why this continent is behind.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by verybadmouth(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Once the Authority finds out, they will flush all of them out! UK don't jeopardise anything oh
Better o. Even my neighbor that is a well known juju yahoo+ big boy has traveled with his wife and kids. UK has suffered I swear

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by hopexter(m): 9:10am On Aug 31, 2023
Adeneeyee84:
Olosho plenty for UK here

Lies nothing like that in uk.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by madridguy(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2023
Which year be all theses small small motor grin

ogelekpomgam:

Come first.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by enemyofprogress: 9:11am On Aug 31, 2023
I love that number sex, sorry I meant six grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by madridguy(m): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2023
Yes naa..

frugal:

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by RaptorX: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2023
You have to be insane to bring a woman from Nigeria to come live with you in any Western country.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by emmaodet: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

In Nigeria we have many reasons marriage is not working

Poverty poverty

Exactly what I wrote.
People underestimate the effect of poverty on marriages.
So many many marriage have been stretched to the limit due to poverty. So many are the brink of collapsing due to poverty.
Have seen typical traditional so called good African women open up after been pushed to the wall by poverty in marriages claiming they wish to exit the marriage if not for stigma.
Have heard this statement from my mom, my aunt who is my mom immediate younger sister, my sister in-law married and struggling in marriage, many FWB and Ex etc
Most of them are scared of what the future holds for them if they leave, the stigma and shame to their own family, what the pastor and church will say.
Religion really plays a big role while most are staying. Likewise African culture but both are wading away and we are seeing the rise of women who are not culturally inclined and don't give a damn what the society will say.
They pack out without looking back, they multi date many men without caring who talks, they do so many horrible things without caring whose horse is gored.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Which year be all theses small small motor grin

Lols.dont know.just taxis at Reading town.
But there are wicked machines there oo.Naija na joke. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2023
verybadmouth:

Ahhhh

Yes ooo and Mba oooo.
I no understand ooo. Abeg send me campaign poster when time reach
Hahahaha..my bro.no wahala.Support,we will for a transparent man.But my posters....naaa. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Ashley86400: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Very very deceitful, they always play d victim card. Just give a woman a power and see d worst of her.
Lol, so you want to keep all the power?

Men have had power from the beginning of humanity with the patriarchy system which has always been stacked in menโ€™s favour. And yet, men still complain more that women are trying to take their power.
Shuu!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by RaptorX: 9:18am On Aug 31, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Oga,there is money there.
Let no man deceive you.A cleaner or professional job can fetch you 3000 pounds monthly.About 3 million naira.O boy,in a year, that's 36 million naira.
Who dash monkey banana in Nigeria??..
And you will be paying your bills and cost of living in Naira? Keep converting and be deceiving yourself.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by CHoccolaTE: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2023
frugal:

He's a Muslim. Islam allows the men to beat their wives. It's in the Quran as a method to 'discipline' wives.

emmanuelbrown26:

Very very deceitful, they always play d victim card. Just give a woman a power and see d worst of her.

Men also show their worst when they are given power. The reason women run out of marriages in countries where they are treated as equal humans is because women are not by nature desirous of being submissive to another human being. No normal human being wants to put their needs and desires on the back seat for another person in the name of submission to husband.
Nigerian culture and religion forces women to live like that.
If you see couples that have genuine, true love and companionship and friendship, you will see that their marriage would last even in western countries.

Na only slave and master marriage dey collapse for civilized countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by madridguy(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2023
Nigeria is not a joke. How many people those small small taxi dey carry for back? Talk people no go fit enter them grin

ogelekpomgam:

Lols.dont know.just taxis at Reading town.
But there are wicked machines there oo.Naija na joke. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by emmaodet: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2023
LaSenior:
cheesy

When a woman loves things around you and not you

I have seen girls falling for guys with good cars good house but when they start getting bored of those things they start looking for who they really loved unconditionally

There is nothing like love unconditionally.
If they are not happy with a man doing well financially and taking care of their bills, na the man wey dey inside poverty them go like? Just they play.
Go to magistrate courts like the one in ibadan and Lagos, 70% of why marriages crashes is due to finance and not Love or a good dick.
Poverty na your mate?
Also, In my little time on this earth, have seen Love failed so many relationship and Marriages than Money will ever do and you can take that to the bank.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by crossbreedwears(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2023
Lol lol lol Bros just calm down. E go reach everybody
verybadmouth:

Better o. Even my neighbor that is a well known juju yahoo+ big boy has traveled with his wife and kids. UK has suffered I swear
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by verybadmouth(m): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Hahahaha..my bro.no wahala.Support,we will for a transparent man.But my posters....naaa. grin
No shaking my brother.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Sweetvie: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2023
These things doesn't happen only in the UK, ya know? undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by Ofunaofu: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2023
specialmati:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked marriage fails because of selfishness.

Fact
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by pixey(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2023
Vokallond1:
According to the Nairaland Classification model i built, this news is correctly placed in the FAMILY category. I will be posting the tutorial soon of how I built this with Tensorflow which is a Python deep learning library. Give me a follow
My dear friend, That is brilliant....
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by saysoo: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2023
Words of a formidable SIMP. Let me ask you, what will I do with already use pad if she decides not to be loyal cause we travelled to a new county? Two captains can never sail a ship.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by SSpeter(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2023
verybadmouth:
embarassed
I no talk sey money no dey there oo. Bill sef no be small thing. As you dey collect, you dey spend. I'm a mobile app developer here in Nigeria and work for a US company remotely. Bro, it pays me here. My rent is just 250k yearly in Lagos. I have people that pay over 1 million monthly in London. They are crying
For you to be a developer and pay 250k rent, then you must be getting paid badly, when I lived back then in Lagos a decent apartment on the mainland around Ikeja I was paying 750k far back. Saying you will stay in Nigeria and be working for a US firm is myopic, if you have the means of relocating.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by YoungLionken(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2023
Anonymoususher:
A friend and a former business partner is seeking a return to come back to Nigeria from UK to start life afresh because to him UK is too difficult to live.

This guy was doing well in his business in Nigeria, having sometimes turn over of 9million in 3 months. Like he was OK, he introduced me to this business, taught me everything I know and how to get goods, introduced me to some contacts sef.

I was still in the learning process under him when in less than 6months he told me his visa is ready for migration. I was confused, like how come? When you process visa? I was also scared because I just resigned My job to join him in his business and in less than 6months my guy wants to leave me and japa.

He left ooo for UK on a student visa.

Since he already gave me contacts and links to get goods, I just continued pushing and have survived.

It was 2019 and since this year my guy has been complaining that he wants to return back to Nigeria, that he regrets his decision to leave, these and that.

His problem is how to come back and start from scratch.

I have told him that I am still available, with the savings he has, he can bounce back and moreover though I am still trying to find my feet but I am still in the system and we can push through together.

Truly japa is not for everyone. At a point I had the intention to japa but on a second note, I am not hungry, I am not suffering, I have a working business. I will. Just stay, work, invest and send my family there. When money comes I visit and return.

Hello brother, what kind of business is that, please reveal, thanks...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by nedekid: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:
Tufiakwa! Even If I move over to the UK, I trust God for my marriage to remain intact because happiness in marriage depends on the mutual love, respect, & understanding you have with your wife. And above all, the God factor both of you believe in and uphold.
But bross, that's what everyone says, not until they get there then abracadabra happens.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by FireUpNow(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2023
UK and UK is eveey time
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by SmartPolician: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:
Oyinbo country self too get wahala.

You cannot discipline your wife as one can do in Nigeria... Your wife can wake up and call police for you and police will ask you to leave your home.

You cannot scold your kids, if you do so and the authority get to know, they will take away your kids and hand them over to a foster parent.

And this is the place some people are selling their assets to go lipsrsealed

My prayer to all Nigeria men suffering under their wives in various oyinbo country.

The emboldened is FALSE. Your wife must have a reason for asking you to leave the house. She will explain why with her evidence.

BTW, men stupidly made laws that empowered their women and today's generation of men are paying the heavy price.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK by ahzNigeria: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2023
Start your journey to study in the UK, many universities are now opened for admissions for the January 2024 intake. Get FREE counselling and total support from us. https://ahzassociates.co.uk/uk-university-courses-starts-in-january

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop / Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / Husband Smashes Wooden Plank On His Wife's Head During Argument (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.