Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” (18367 Views)

Casemiro: Luka Modric, Toni Kroos Pen Emotional Farewell Messages / AFCON: CAF Issues New Update On Players' Substitution Amid COVID Outbreak / Toni Kroos On Lionel Messi's Ballon D'or Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Jokerman(m): 7:05am On Sep 01, 2023
Nobody cares what haters day.

We are now watching Saudi league.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 01, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
I don't understand. Are they supposed to go there to count the sand in the desert? Of course money must be involved.

But it's only Ororo and other players above 34 I can vouch for. If the players are younger than that, then I also have to question their passion for such moves.

Most football lovers like me will watch the league sha. They have too much stars to be ignored.
there's nothing to watch in that league.. stop ass licking Ronaldo

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Petroking: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2023
Every League will grow with time. Even players who are active do not move to the United states. If tomorrow the Nigerian League decides to get better players will move down here. Normally people have their opinions about a league but the truth remains that every player who moves from one club to another is motivated by Money. Let me explain when i say money i am referring to better contracts which brings us back to Money LOL... If Toni Kroos decides to leave Real Madrid today let's say he is earning 250k euro per week where ever he plans to go there will be an increase in pay and bonuses. Leave all this Active football shit, If players where not earning there will be no football.

OJEEMAH:
Ruben Neves said it.

Koulibaly did too

Ighalo reiterated it

Laporta and even UEFA president repeated it this morning.

Only penaldians thinks it’s because of him players are moving to Saudi.

CR7 38
Benzema 35
Henderson 33
Kante 32
Mahrez 32
Neymar 31
Mane 31
Firmino 31
All these players are almost done with football.

If the league is attractive, Mbappe and Osimhen will not reject them.

We will be seeing prime players like
Haaland
Mbappe
Osimhen
Vinicius
Musiala
Pedri
Saka
Rashford
Enzo
Foden
Martinelli
Nkunku
Gvardiol

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by ican2020: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2023
Money answers all things
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by somehow: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2023
sslcrypt:

Sometimes you guys act daft with stupid questions.

Another child without home training.

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2023
JooEeL:
Imagine this guy saying "lack of human rights" is stopping him from making such a move.

Yet it was in his own home country in Berlin, the year 1886, that his ancestors and fellow european criminals divided Africa for their loot not minding our human rights.

The wave of revolution happening across the so-called francophone countries are a direct result of his ancestors...yet I scarcely recall him making a mention of the notoriety of his ancestors.

The same way England, France, U.S and Canada have pinned africa down on the neck with their knees, many are not aware Germany too had colonies in Africa. It was the war they fought amongst themselves, the 2nd world war, that made Germany lose its "territories" in africa.

Very obtusely greedy people.

Anyway, seems Kroos is subtly shading his former teammate...otherwise he would have restrained till his illustrious former teammate retires or close to.

Tempted to say "God bless Russia". Call them evil, your choice, but from the look of things, they are necessary.
Yea..... because the Arabs are saints and didn't colonize anybody,if we are going by that logic then everyone will be judged because one civilization have colonized another in some point in time, yesterday is not today so why are using that as a metric?
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by TheSuperX(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2023
Chinonye2022:
We all knows only deluded ones thinks is because of ronaldo
Factos
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by somehow: 7:33am On Sep 01, 2023
michlins:
see eh, you don't need to waste your time on some people. These same people used money to bring the best to play in their league and are reaping insane rewards via TV rights and sponsorships.

If you do what they did, they will accuse you of not being passionate. What has more passion than money in this world?

Same noise they made throughout Qatar world cup, especially Germany and England.

This is no longer about football, they're seeing what's happening already.

The world is shifting.

Those with inner eyes can see the bigger picture.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by JooEeL(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Yea..... because the Arabs are saints and didn't colonize anybody,if we are going by that logic then everyone will be judged because one civilization have colonized another in some point in time, yesterday is not today so why are using that as a metric?

I prefer not to derail threads. When it is time for the arabs, I will mention them.

The subject matter is about a german who blames lack of human rights on another country when his progenitors are chief offenders.
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2023
JooEeL:

I prefer not to derail threads. When it is time for the arabs, I will mention them.

The subject matter is about a german who blames lack of human rights on another country when his progenitors are chief offenders.
Uhhh, that's not derailing,an Arab country is mentioned on the post

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by LegallyBlunt: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2023
Helper1000:
there's nothing to watch in that league.. stop ass licking Ronaldo
There are more important players in the league now. Go and continue ass licking Messi playing in a dud MLS

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:45am On Sep 01, 2023
pquaver:

He couls move to saudi today but he didn't... Messi got same offer with more money he refused. No everyone is money hungry. Some people have self conviction and believe it. The people who suffer those human right abuses how do u expect it to stop without such movements? Such decisions is how the Europeans stopped slave trade, killings of twins, give countries independence etc.. Like i said if the Arabs, Russia, china etc become the superpowers of tomorrow forget ur human rights slavery might even return.... The European are not Saint but they have listening ears unlike some people...
The only sensible comment I've seen so far, although he won't feel it because he's a man as men benefit from the patriachy
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Blazebond(m): 7:45am On Sep 01, 2023
These Europeans are so entitled, nobody made Europe the standard bearers of football in the world, people are free to move to wherever they want to move be it for money or be it for stronger competitions,all I see is racism playing out here and the funny thing is most of us from Africa and other parts of the world whom have been victims of Europe's exploration for hundreds of years are falling for this. Europe real fear is that another region or continent is willing to make a move that might make players from other continents begin to think twice about moving to their continent, European nations will always oppose anything that does not favor them and it is high time other parts of the world begin to shout back at them.

4 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by bluefilm: 7:50am On Sep 01, 2023
Don't be surprised when you find this guy playing for Al Hilal or Al Riyahd next season in the same Saudi Arabia league he is criticizing now.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:50am On Sep 01, 2023
sslcrypt:

Sometimes you guys act daft with stupid questions. He's only stressing a point, Europe have done their best in investing in youth system that builds a player from ground zero up and have given none European the platform to raise and refine their game. so in some sense they have earned their reputation for been the best.

SAUDI is just a vanity project, when the league start? Having money is different from building a good name. SAUDI doesn't have a reputable name yet, Morocco has a better football system than Saudi. It's for this reason you saw how well they performed. You can't come and be destroying my house just because you believe you have money.

Agents are also destroying the game, arm twisting and manipulating players, especially the Young ones who have a potential to represent their nation. Will you expect to play for a Saudi club and represent my country? No

If Saudi so much liked football, why haven't they tapped directly into Africa and even east Asia where there are Soo much talents. Why are east Asian moving from Japan,.Korean and other asian clubs to Europe? It's reputation and functioning system.

Just imagine ex wolves coach dropping Ronaldo to the bench, when we all know his reputation is average. How will expect to develop as a player? Also look at Saudi, how many churches are their for christians? ZERO.

IT'S A STRICT ISLAMIC COUNTRY unlike Europe that gives you everything to be comfortable. Let's see if Neymar can be doing sign of the cross and looking up to the heavens when he scores. If you too broke, go there after you have peaked and retire.
I just wish I could like this a billion times,the second most sensible comment on this thread,the others have their brains rotted out because they think money is everything but I don't blame them,they live in Nigeria
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by michlins(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2023
somehow:

Same noise they made throughout Qatar world cup, especially Germany and England.

This is no longer about football, they're seeing what's happening already.

The world is shifting.

Those with inner eyes can see the bigger picture.
the thing is that no one cares again about their noise. Everyone seem to have moved on

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2023
madjune:
Too much money kills the passion in any sport job.

I don't envy them, though. But, that's a fact.
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Miller232: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE

Kroos mind your business now
This kroos go get aproko for body
Na him complain about people goal celebrations the last time

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:56am On Sep 01, 2023
pharmguru:
And he conveniently ignored the annoying woke mentality and cancel culture of the west. Not to mention the false rape accusations capable 9f ruining a football star's career guilty or not guilty.

Everyone is tired of the West anc her woke mentality
Lol,you think if the Arabs had their way,you will be roaming free? Yes woke culture is exhausting and this is coming from a gay man but I'd rather that liberty for everyone as long as no one gets hurt because that's a human right than be killed because I'm different
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Flamemignon1(m): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2023
08050486478ami:
Middle East is as important as Europe for that matter.
Is there a law compelling young and vibrant footballers to play for European clubs alone? Can't any one pursue their carrier where ever they choose? Must it be Europe?
When on earth did he say the middle east isn't important? He said the people who go there go for money and not for passion, it's not a bad thing

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by victory36(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE

these Germans talk too much. This is the same attitude that knocked them out of wc2022. They always think they can judge everyone.
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by sucemt(m): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2023
sslcrypt:

Sometimes you guys act daft with stupid questions. He's only stressing a point, Europe have done their best in investing in youth system that builds a player from ground zero up and have given none European the platform to raise and refine their game. so in some sense they have earned their reputation for been the best.

SAUDI is just a vanity project, when the league start? Having money is different from building a good name. SAUDI doesn't have a reputable name yet, Morocco has a better football system than Saudi. It's for this reason you saw how well they performed. You can't come and be destroying my house just because you believe you have money.

Agents are also destroying the game, arm twisting and manipulating players, especially the Young ones who have a potential to represent their nation. Will you expect to play for a Saudi club and represent my country? No

If Saudi so much liked football, why haven't they tapped directly into Africa and even east Asia where there are Soo much talents. Why are east Asian moving from Japan,.Korean and other asian clubs to Europe? It's reputation and functioning system.

Just imagine ex wolves coach dropping Ronaldo to the bench, when we all know his reputation is average. How will expect to develop as a player? Also look at Saudi, how many churches are their for christians? ZERO.

IT'S A STRICT ISLAMIC COUNTRY unlike Europe that gives you everything to be comfortable. Let's see if Neymar can be doing sign of the cross and looking up to the heavens when he scores. If you too broke, go there after you have peaked and retire.

I'm so sorry my brother. You need a hug. This thing pain you well well embarassed
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by Jflex07(m): 8:04am On Sep 01, 2023
Nonsense.. Messi who couldnt play free for barcelona does not love money? Who doesnt play football for money these days.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by egoldman(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2023
In prime or not, everybody plays for money, if Kroos wants to play for passion he should come to play at Ajegunle.

3 Likes

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by victory36(m): 8:09am On Sep 01, 2023
pquaver:

He couls move to saudi today but he didn't... Messi got same offer with more money he refused. No everyone is money hungry. Some people have self conviction and believe it. The people who suffer those human right abuses how do u expect it to stop without such movements? Such decisions is how the Europeans stopped slave trade, killings of twins, give countries independence etc.. Like i said if the Arabs, Russia, china etc become the superpowers of tomorrow forget ur human rights slavery might even return.... The European are not Saint but they have listening ears unlike some people...
I dare Toni Kross to take a 90% cut from his salary this season if he will agree. You sound like Europeans didn't colonize the world for 200+ years and are still doing so codedly. Europeans dont have the right to judge anyone about anything. The most devastating wars fought in the world history were in Europe/ by Europe, the highest slave trade count were by Europeans, the biggest sanctions placed on countries are from westerners, pollution, neocolonialism, cancelling, are mostly done by westerners. So please let's not pretend for one second that there is anything innocent about them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by AImiron: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Better than going to MLS
Abi who plays football for free??
Mr clutch went MiA here when his country needed him most, not even an offside goal, tapin or Penalty… but give him Alweeeda, make e score a penalty, e jump above the stadia roof 😂🤣😂 suiii

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by JooEeL(m): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Uhhh, that's not derailing,an Arab country is mentioned on the post

What are u? Are u an euro-invading defender of the interests of your western criminal lords?

What is new that u want to tell me about arab slavery so that I may be all ears? If you are so nosy and timefree, then maybe you should view my past posts and you may see what you're looking for.

I am from d Yoruba nation and my ancestors were directly and squarely affected by the colonialism and ongoing neocolonialism by shameless britain and her allies. If those who were directly enslaved by the arabs choose to suffer stockholm syndrome, I won't cry more than the bereaved but instead contribute a word or two only when I deem fit... not by you goading me.
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by odenkirk: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2023
sslcrypt:

na only broke nigerian men care about religion
the guys that went there knew there is no churches and they still go and u r here saying rubbish
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by shabalistic: 8:24am On Sep 01, 2023
Tell us something new Toni.
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by odenkirk: 8:25am On Sep 01, 2023
sucemt:

I'm so sorry my brother. You need a hug. This thing pain you well well embarassed
grin the guy think he is smart but sounded dumb as fck.
Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by esemes256: 8:30am On Sep 01, 2023
Wow.... So we have such multitude of stars playing in Saudi Arabia. I will like to watch their league someday. Anybody know of any channel showing the Saudi League? grin

1 Like

Re: Toni Kroos on players moving to Saudi Arabia: “They Go For Money” by thatigboman: 8:32am On Sep 01, 2023
somehow:
But why should everyone stay in Europe to play football?

Alot of changes happening already in the world.

Europe is getting abandoned gradually and things are shifting elsewhere.
shifting where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali / UK Pool Week 31 Banker Draws!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.