Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,782 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back (43450 Views)

Help! My Wife Went Out Behind My Back. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 1:25am On Sep 01, 2023
Belafonte:
■ You need to work on your reasoning, woman
after you! undecided

6 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Belafonte(m): 1:27am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Probably so her own husband does not keep harassing her about her mother staying with them. undecided

So why would a sensible old woman put pressure on her daughter's young marriage? Selfish woman, abandoned husband and putting daughter's marriage in jeopardy. Anyway, I blame monogamous men. A proper man wpuod have replaced her after 6 months.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Belafonte(m): 1:29am On Sep 01, 2023
Beremx:
Allow mama to stay in UK abeg. Las las she will hustle and make way for her husband. Shebi if she's working, she will be sending money for her husband?
Mama sef don use style japa grin grin

Poverty has remapped your thinking smh. She will hustle and make way for her husband lol. You think everyone wants to live outside Nigeria? Smh

1 Like

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by pquaver(m): 1:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Romanoff:
I have said this before and I'll say it again, no woman leaves a man who treats her well.

My own MIL, the highest she can stay for Omugwo is 3weeks, she even try for you sef for that three weeks. She will be running back to her husband.

You see a woman that "nags", it is because she still cares about you, when she goes silent, wetin dey her mind, na only she know. She will endure till the right time to bolt. The man will now be wondering where he went wrong not knowing that he went wrong a long time ago, na manifestation he just dey see.

Treat your wives well, don't be a Lion in the home, be relatable, treat your wives with love and respect, develop friendship and intimacy with your wife that will sustain you both till old age.

I know old women who don't stay for Omugwo cause them no fit leave their husband, such husbands are reaping where they sowed ni. If they were bad to their wives, you think the wives will be running back to them?

What kind of old woman wants to start life afresh, even looking for a job in UK at that old age when she should be enjoying retirement with her husband?

Make una dey ask these kind questions.

My dear say what you know.. Things we see everyday.. If u treat a woman well is not a guarantee... Do women treat men well? Abi the treating well now is not to gender neutral abi equality?
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Amumaigwe: 2:50am On Sep 01, 2023
thisisit:
He should write to the British High commission via the ministry of foreign affairs requesting for the deportation of his wife from the UK grin

Still ok. She will quietly poison the man and get her permanent freedom. One of the quickest way to die is by forcing a woman to stay with you against her will.

3 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Amumaigwe: 2:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Don't be deceived by his public image. Na those dey inside house go tell you wetin dem don see. undecided

And you follow dey inside their house to have known this, abi? Bitterness go soon choke you
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 3:02am On Sep 01, 2023
Amumaigwe:
■ And you follow dey inside their house to have known this, abi? Bitterness go soon choke you
Arggh! So you dey inside house to have known this of me, abi? undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Amumaigwe: 3:15am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
We don't know enough about the details of the woman's marriage before she left for the trip so let's not try to make assumptions as to the health of the marriage before she supposedly decided it was best to remain where she is now. undecided

Funny. You have made assumption that she was being treated badly, hence her absconding. So why complain about another person making assumption to the contrary?
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by BoldBrainz(m): 3:31am On Sep 01, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Says who?

Maybe you should go check UN data

Let me school you a little

There are more Male in general than female in the world
There are more Male maternal death than female (meaning female infant survived childbirth than male infant)
There are more aged female than aged male (meaning women live longer than men)

Go and check life expectancy in Nigeria and any part of the world, women has high Life expectancy than Men

Kindly disregard the UN data when relating this scenario to the Nigerian reality:

- There aren't more females than males in Nigeria. Not in the slightest. Even our last population census put paid to that. But if that's not a reliable data source to you, do the practical sampling yourself, and that's quite simple. Travel round states in Nigeria and explore rural settlements. I had a stint with Unicef for about 2years and collection of in-country data was my departmental specialty.

- Mortality rates in black infants does not have a gender peculiarity. For every five births in Nigeria, three are females, two are males. Mortality remains a random phenomenon that's largely dependent on factors bothering on causes that show no vulnerability prevalence just because a baby is a female.

- It's a huge lie when you claim there are more aged females than males in Nigeria. Again, travel round your country. The fact old men like Ned Nwoko can marry six young wives should even tell you more.

- Life expectancy in Nigeria is generally the same for both genders. It rather differs between urban and rural dwellers. There's a reason aged men seek to retire to their hometowns after having their careers in urban cities.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by BoldBrainz(m): 3:40am On Sep 01, 2023
bukatyne:

I asked the question, didn't I?

Indeed you did.

Marriage, love and religion are three phenomena without operational manuals. They all mean different things to different individuals and are not concepts any one soul can lay claims of proficiency to. Primary reason I hardly debate on them in public.

Having experienced all three, I can afford to give confident insights into them without claiming my perceptions to be factual grounds. So it amounts to folly when anyone wakes up to call themselves "marriage counsellors" or even wave off marriage as a "simple affair".
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by CHoccolaTE: 3:40am On Sep 01, 2023
Hezmatosky:
My aunt has stayed 7yrs for omugwor in US, she has refused to return to Nigeria. Now the husband is sick and bedridden. Hmmm wetin dem go use her eye see if anything happens to the man eh angry
His family cannot care for him or was she the one that personally gave him sickness?
Rubbish.

I don't know what kind of joy men gain from forcing women to stay in suffer head marriages.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by 13braz: 3:55am On Sep 01, 2023
itsme01:
Women turn something else upon getting to UK
mohammed safiu Oyedele time to confess now
why did you and your father Ishola raped your nephew and mother Musili
confess now because I have your pictures and videos
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by arantess: 4:34am On Sep 01, 2023
jmoore:
This man is a pastor, his daughter got married and relocated to UK.

His wife went for omugo in the UK and have stayed up to 9 months. The daughter has told her mom to return home but she has refused. She got a cleaning job in the neighbourhood. The pastor is contemplating on taking a 2nd wife.
So she got a job in UK with her visitors visa

Really?
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by arantess: 4:35am On Sep 01, 2023
Ahmed0336:
This story get as e be.
What type of visa did she travelled with?

On the other hand, if na Muslim woman nobody go tell her wetin go follow grin
Don't mind the op deceiving naive people
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Desusi: 4:41am On Sep 01, 2023
ecolime:
She even got a cleaning job.. Hmm... Which visa class is she on?
Na waa for you ooo! Why do you wanted to know?
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by spiceadole: 6:03am On Sep 01, 2023
jmoore:
This man is a pastor, his daughter got married and relocated to UK.

His wife went for omugo in the UK and have stayed up to 9 months. The daughter has told her mom to return home but she has refused. She got a cleaning job in the neighbourhood. The pastor is contemplating on taking a 2nd wife.

How is this an issue?

Men claim they don't benefit anything from marriage.

Why is it a problem that his wife has refused to return? He should move on..

Lol..even contemplating going for a second wife..

Why is the man running after something that doesn't benefit men?

Na wa oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by freedomchild: 6:11am On Sep 01, 2023
Emaprince:
They have achieved everything they want in their marriage so, to the woman..there is nothing to lose.

Their kids are grown and the man is now old and can't give much to her.

This is typical women nature - selfishness. So the man shouldn't even reason am. He should move on in his mind.

A woman is never capable of loving you truthfully. It's always a conditional love for them. I don't know why some men still don't know this and end up feeling betrayed when women show their true self. If you are in a relationship or marriage as a man, you should always keep your mind ready for situations like finding out that other men are digging her, or she may possibly leave one day if she see a juicy opportunity elsewhere. Don't be fooled by their love stories cos at the moment, it is that thing you offers that they are inlove with.

Even at old age, that innate nature of a woman remains. In this case, abroad have offered her a comfortable life and environment, so what's the point of going back to a man she have enjoyed his best years?

The moment you start thinking for yourself even as you are taking care of the women in your life..and making fall back plans for situations like this, the better for you. If you think what a woman says is what you will trust and hence lose guard, you will be crying to the world about betrayal when you least expect it
I'll scribble this in the sky.
You've said it all
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Genea(f): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2023
Romanoff:

Is this the case with this woman? An old woman of that age who didn't leave since, na now wey she done old and no man go send her.

Make una dey look beyond una myopic gender wars.

Marriage is not as hard as a lot of you make it to be. As long as this world exist, you will reap what you've sown.

If you treat a man who treated you badly, you will reap what you've sown, if you treat your wife badly, you go also collect.

If you're triggered by this, you should check yourself.
It's never too late to leave. Treat your wives better... See she has chosen to be lonely than stay with a narcissistic or abusive person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Genea(f): 6:23am On Sep 01, 2023
advanceDNA:

U are the one makimg it a gender war. makimg it look like the man must have been treating her badly so this is an escape...

. was she a slave in her marriage that she could not escape since?? So all the while mother inlaw duties in the uk was the only means of escape available?? She may even have gone for other omugwo in nigeria but ddnt escape?? Who knows...

One thing is clear...the difference here is the UK factor which makes lot of people, men and women alike change their behavior or make new shift in their life..........she saw a new environment and life and all she had became no longer important ......

U women are always quick to say men must have done something bad to u to make u do bad..
....this isnt even a bad thing....its a new environment....she loves it...she wants to stay... there is no need reading too much meaning to it...
lol, the man is contemplating on marrying within 9 months of stay, does that not tell you a lot about it.... lmao, he deserves all he gets... if he has been good, marriage won't be the first thing on his mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by 2Radii: 6:38am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
She even got a job too? Wow.... the woman must have been happy to get a break from what seems to have been a frustrated existence. I applaud her. undecided
I hope phulishh yuu will say this if table were turned
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by 2Radii: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2023
UnfairLife7:
most Muslims in Nigeria that has more than one wife are not capable of taking care of them.

But u see where he said if u can afford...una no dey see??
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by advanceDNA: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2023
Genea:
lol, the man is contemplating on marrying within 9 months of stay, does that not tell you a lot about it.... lmao, he deserves all he gets... if he has been good, marriage won't be the first thing on his mind

Another femal trying to blame the man for something....

What is the "a lot" u are talking about.?? U have no point cos u are just trying to paint whats not in he story
Wife said she's not coming back after getting to uk.....And somehow this is about blaming the man... for what exactly?? ... even if its one month she said she's not going back...Thats technically divorcing him because of abroad life.... but u want the man to old man to start begging or what....??

How u women process situation is just weird
If he has been good?? How did they live together all this while if he has been bad.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by UnfairLife7(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Kindly disregard the UN data when relating this scenario to the Nigerian reality:

- There aren't more females than males in Nigeria. Not in the slightest.
Even our last population census put paid to that. But if that's not a reliable data source to you, do the practical sampling yourself, and that's quite simple. Travel round states in Nigeria and explore rural settlements. I had a stint with Unicef for about 2years and collection of in-country data was my departmental specialty.

- Mortality rates in black infants does not have a gender peculiarity. For every five births in Nigeria, three are females, two are males. Mortality remains a random phenomenon that's largely dependent on factors bothering on causes that show no vulnerability prevalence just because a baby is a female.

- It's a huge lie when you claim there are more aged females than males in Nigeria. Again, travel round your country. The fact old men like Ned Nwoko can marry six young wives should even tell you more.

- Life expectancy in Nigeria is generally the same for both genders. It rather differs between urban and rural dwellers. There's a reason aged men seek to retire to their hometowns after having their careers in urban cities.
Lol

You must be a comedian. We shouldn't believe UN but believe your political influence census? You do not believe WHO also that shows women live longer than Men? You do not believe that female survived child mortality than male also?

I didn't said that @bolded, I only said there are More male in general than female in Nigeria and even the 🌎 as a whole.

I have seen more men suffer at old age than women, talking from my own personal experience. And if you check very well those men fvck up while they're still active while their children wait for old age. I have them in my area and even maternal side. It's uncommon for women to abandon their children unlike Men. I didn't say there are not women who abandon their children to go re-marry but the stat is absolutely low compare to how men do abandon their children. Some men even live together with their children but they had abandon them..

You're using NED as an example, Ned is a rich Man. Nigeria is a poor country. We're not talking about few rich ones. 80-90% of Nigerians are poor. Most household can't boast of 100k as savings if you care to know. We're talking about an average Nigerians that majority cannot afford 3 square meal daily. A stat came out sometime last year showing less than 5% of Nigerians has 500k in their bank account. I'm not talking about your politicians that stack money inside pit and whataview. I mean bank account.

Seems you don't understand this topic? Don't you know if you hear that some children didn't take care of their parents or father, it means those parents or father are poor. Will Ned, Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga et al expect that from their children? Absolutely No

Ned is a billionaire, women will want him. Those men suffering at old age are poor, no sane women will want them, hence they suffer at old age. Is as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by UnfairLife7(m): 7:10am On Sep 01, 2023
komzy589:

Mumu! So women will not get old too! Be deceiving yourself.
compare the rate of men suffering at old age to women? Women hardly abandon their children. Some women will even carry their children along to remarry or to divorce. Very few women abandon their children.

I have not seen any woman being abandon at old age compare to men. I'm talking about my own personal experience in my community and social media.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by atinga1: 7:29am On Sep 01, 2023
Beremx:
Allow mama to stay in UK abeg. Las las she will hustle and make way for her husband. Shebi if she's working, she will be sending money for her husband?
Mama sef don use style japa grin grin
If a man did this, you'll probably cry and tell us how callous and insensitive he is. But since na woman, story don change. I pity men who trust you women.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Mercury12(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2023
Romanoff:
I have said this before and I'll say it again, no woman leaves a man who treats her well.

My own MIL, the highest she can stay for Omugwo is 3weeks, she even try for you sef for that three weeks. She will be running back to her husband.

You see a woman that "nags", it is because she still cares about you, when she goes silent, wetin dey her mind, na only she know. She will endure till the right time to bolt. The man will now be wondering where he went wrong not knowing that he went wrong a long time ago, na manifestation he just dey see.

Treat your wives well, don't be a Lion in the home, be relatable, treat your wives with love and respect, develop friendship and intimacy with your wife that will sustain you both till old age.

I know old women who don't stay for Omugwo cause them no fit leave their husband, such husbands are reaping where they sowed ni. If they were bad to their wives, you think the wives will be running back to them?

What kind of old woman wants to start life afresh, even looking for a job in UK at that old age when she should be enjoying retirement with her husband?

You don't even know your gender well enough. Nah we know watin our eyes dey see for una hand. If there is ever a second life. Pray God makes u a man so you can see things for yourself
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by DyingFetus: 8:01am On Sep 01, 2023
pocohantas:
Men do not benefit from marriage and a man can marry at 90yrs. So, I see no issues here. The man would remarry another 20yrs old chartered accountant in 2 weeks. Just watch.

So if this is your father, is this what are you going to tell him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by pocohantas(f): 8:07am On Sep 01, 2023
DyingFetus:

So if this is your father, is this what are you going to tell him?

My father and his son are not on Nairaland shaming the marital institution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by MySolace: 8:34am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Probably so her own husband does not keep harassing her about her mother staying with them. undecided
Really??
...And u think a caring daughter shouldn't think about her father dat her mum left back home?
I just taya...
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by MySolace: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2023
Romanoff:

Lol... It's not always same.
Conception can b deceptive atimes... U can b treating people well without dem knowing/misunderstanding u. Although dey can realize later dat u really cared about. Don't u think so?
So, dat d woman decides to stay back longer musnt entail da her husband treats her badly. Also on d woman's side, she probably thinks she's doing d right thing, @amassing some wealth she will take back home to take care of her husband. cheesy cheesy...

Imagine wen u toil unendingly in Nigeria only to get a meagre return, den u see where u do wot u see as routine home chores back home and get paid in dollars cheesy cheesy cheesy... Mehn, d joy no b here. I no blame d woman somehow. The husband should just try and understand her and Grant her a little more indulgence. I believe wen she eventually comes back d husband would appreciate her stay over there.

I've seen such in my area. The woman went to Netherlands for omugwo and stayed back to work for years. She was even sending money home grin grin...even to her female friends, my mum was a beneficiary grin. Sent her £80 back den.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Smartguyboy(m): 9:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Most every one here does the same and there is something meaningful about doing that. Very fulfilling way of life knowing you are not just laboring for the heck of it. undecided
What’s the difference?
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Smartguyboy:

What’s the difference?
Difference between what? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Father Sleeping With Daughter / List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.