Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... (14392 Views)

Why Can't Nigeria Do Well In Cricket And Rugby Like South Africa? / "He Won 4 Ballon D’ors At Your Age "– Rooney Slams Mbappe For Pushing Messi / Elma Aveiro: 'I Don't Understand How Juve Can Play Like This' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2023
TimT:
Rugby and cricket aren't African games... Isn't even African origin...
And besides, Rugby is a winter sport... These are not African games....

Very few exposed African individuals has the idea of the game...

what does being african got to do with it ?

football is not african the modern football has its roots in UK

the reason why soccer is found everywhere is becoz it doesnt require much it can be played anywhere

while sports like rugby and cricket needs good green fields and equipment, hence by both colonisation and funding, black would not bother take part in such sports

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by KingCold: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Samantha124:
So far my country has won the rugby world cup twice, but I know nothing about it the same way I know nothing about cricket and football... grin grin grin

But I think if I can give myself some time to understand cricket and golf, I'd eventually love them because those two sports are not noisy... They're quiet and give the person an opportunity to focus.
3 times actually
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by aswani(m): 8:56am On Sep 23, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..

My secondary school was Nigerian schools cricket champions in my final year. I should have gone on the trip as a reserve but chickened out.

There are actually two codes of Rugby, one is Rugby union and the other is Rugby league. Sorry for showing off sha.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Jakson25: 10:47am On Oct 30, 2023
Cricket in India has always been more than just a sport; it's a religion that unites the nation. And when its cricket world cup and in India than the excitement is limit less. Everyone look for the updated score, latest cricket updates, stats and records and Fantasy Khiladi is one of the best online platform I have found.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by NoToPile: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2023
Never understood cricket.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by KingCold: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

Rugby is no different to football, there's a pitch and a ball, so how can rugby be a winter sport and football not?

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by KingCold: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2023
Karleb:
Why should we care about American boring sport.
Rugby is not American, it originated in a small English town called Rugby

5 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Sheuns(m): 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yes. I do. Thanks to watching them.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Angelfrost(m): 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..

Sure... I understand perfectly well. I just find them dumb and kinda meaningless.

No Offense! tongue

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Honestly I'm yet to understand those games

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by victorazyvictor(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
I understand Rugby little but Cricket! No!
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by sslcrypt: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yes, both sports are easy to understand.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ChronicGp(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Some people still never understand soccer finish

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Adewale1603(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
We're not indians. What concerns us with cricket game

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Ambbayo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yes very few countries participate in the game in Africa...South Africa just won the rugby world cup last Saturday in held in France..they are very good in the game...
TimT:

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Sheriman(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
If you watch Rugby very well you will understand their game but Cricket I have never understand how dem dey play that game.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Watinhapen(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
I only know that one person use plank to throw the ball with force and another person try to catch the ball. I don’t know anything else about the sports. It look very boring to me.

I like rugby because it is masculine. You need to hold the ball with power and dribble your way to the finish line

6 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by NuCypher: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

What do you mean they aren't African games. South African just won the world cup. Zimbabwe is a very strong Rugby country. Same thing Namibia. Nambia also has a strong cricket team, having beaten some of the strongest teams in the world like Sri Lanka.

8 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by DyingFetus: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
It's a forking game for fàggots just like football

Imagine a guy grabbing your ass in rugby aiming for a catch a ball

SA fàggots get A1 for rugby

Crickets are for pajeets
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by NuCypher: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jakson25:
Cricket in India has always been more than just a sport; it's a religion that unites the nation. And when its cricket world cup and in India than the excitement is limit less. Everyone look for the updated score, latest cricket updates, stats and records and Fantasy Khiladi is one of the best online platform I have found.
The English introduced Cricket to India, and India just ran away with it. Today, they have a team that is much stronger than the English team.

6 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by seborrhic: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

Is football an African game?
Even athletics and the other sports are they African games?
In short,going by your line of reasoning,name a true African sports game

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by gigabyte13: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
You don catch me
I hands up
🤣😂😅😅😂😅😅
🤣😂😂😅😂😅😂
Very very useless game
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by blamingthedevil: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
That cricket is something else
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by thatigboman: 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

you failed to mention the most important thing when passing the ball to your team mate, your team mate the one recieving the ball has to be at an angle that he is behind the one throwing the ball aka if you are standing with your arms strethed out 180 degrees, and any degree above 180 degree towards your back is considered as proper pass, if you pass from an degree angle 180 degree forwards your front is called a forward pass then called a forward pass its a foul your lose the ball and its given to the opponet

If you look carefully every pass in rugby is given to the person behind the one who has the ball
if they keep passing the ball backwards, how are they going to move forward?
2ndly, what's the difference between rugby and American football?
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Braun007: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Who e epp??
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Judolisco(m): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
I understand rugby and golf very well... But u see cricket, I even gats watch YouTube but ino still grab

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by tonicyril: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
U see that cricket game eehn.....hmmm, e better remain a cricket sha grin

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by wittywriter: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
udede:
Cricket na insect wey dey fly for night ,
Samantha124:
Of course, like any other game, the winning team has to score more goals than the other playing team.

Other than that, I just see grown men chasing after a ball like little boys.
Hilarious... cheesy

Wittyness
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by tonididdy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
I understand rugby slightly but don't know jack about cricket
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Judolisco(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
Evestar200:
I understand Rugby More than cricket.

Rugby is easy to understand if you keep watching it.
a try is 5 points... Try is like goal when u take d ball over d line... I think d penalty is 2 points.... Dem say try na 5 points o
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
At my age, I don't care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 / The Williams Sisters Exhibition Match In Lagos (Pictures) / COVID Vaccination: Novak Djokovic Withdraws From US Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.