Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... (14393 Views)

Why Can't Nigeria Do Well In Cricket And Rugby Like South Africa? / "He Won 4 Ballon D’ors At Your Age "– Rooney Slams Mbappe For Pushing Messi / Elma Aveiro: 'I Don't Understand How Juve Can Play Like This' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Hotice085: 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:
Rugby and cricket aren't African games... Isn't even African origin...
And besides, Rugby is a winter sport... These are not African games....

Very few exposed African individuals has the idea of the game...

Wetin dis one de yarn, which game is African in origin and how is Rugby a winter game?
You just de talk nonsense
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by VinnyBaba: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2023
Only time I understood Cricket was in an Indian Movie 'LAGAAN' by the Actor Aamir Khan who
also acted 3 Idiots.πŸ€¨πŸ˜’

The Game looked Interesting. πŸ€¨πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‚
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by jl115: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
Discountsempai:

First there is the scoring convention, then there is no scrum or ruck in American football, and there is no lineout in American football. And then the obvious one, AF players wear helmets and padding because they are allowed to hit their opponents more forceful than rugby
You are allowed to hit your opponent as hard as you want in Rugby

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by jl115: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
tunwumi:

South Africa has won the rugby πŸ‰ world cup.

South Africa has won the T20 cricket 🏏 before
South Africa has never won a cricket world cup....which is sad because statistically SA are the greatest one day team in history, hence why they are called chokers

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Andersonken(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
For where? Those games are not for Nigerians πŸ˜†
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by t2luv1: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Evestar200:
I understand Rugby More than cricket.

Rugby is easy to understand if you keep watching it.

I used to play Cricket when I was in College in Nigeria so I perfectly know cricket. Rugby different story. What about American Football and Baseball any takers on those?
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by SaintGabriel: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Discountsempai:

First there is the scoring convention, then there is no scrum or ruck in American football, and there is no lineout in American football. And then the obvious one, AF players wear helmets and padding because they are allowed to hit their opponents more forceful than rugby

You did not answer the question. Lol.

How do they move forward when they're always passing backwards? πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Gbadebo19(m): 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

Wrong!!! Southern part of Africa such as south Africa play cricket and rugby very well and are in fact well recognised in it.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by t2luv1: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
Andersonken:
For where? Those games are not for Nigerians πŸ˜†

Cricket used to be played in a lot of High Schools where I went to High Schools. Comprehensive High School Aiyetoro, and Government College Ibadan Loyola College Ibadan

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Juanmike(m): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

Which game is African game?
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by t2luv1: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Karleb:
Why should we care about American boring sport.

FYI none of those two sports are played in the USA. So partner do your research
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by lascos912(m): 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
I only understand football
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by BigDawsNet: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..

I get the rugby, but the cricket... I don't understand
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by lymelyte(m): 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Rugby...I stated watching rugby a month ago becuase of my gf. Tbh,it really an interesting game. Watching the latest world cup which ended on Saturday with south africa clinching the trophy made me like the sport..The aggression,the force,push,throws kick,try are very intense.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by KingCold: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
TMKsouth:

πŸ˜‚

Yeah cricket is time consuming.
I hate that sport, lol. One day internationals last the whole Flippin day

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ukaface(f): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..
Is it a life skill to learn?
We don’t play rugby and cricket
Heck! I don’t even understand chess and football
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by EKONGKING: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
Evestar200:
I understand Rugby More than cricket.

Rugby is easy to understand if you keep watching it.

So true ,

Cricket the shorter format , T20 cricket is a very huge deal . The game finishes in 3 hours and like football , majority is a edge of seat story .

First u need to understand the basics .
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by EKONGKING: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
KingCold:
I hate that sport, lol. One day internationals last the whole Flippin day

Cricket has three formats .

T20 cricket which last 3 hours .
One day cricket which last 8 hours .
Test Match cricket which last 5 days grin .
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Faposky95: 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
After reading the heading...I know my type of people liveth......!!!!!
They are interesting...when you're bored and they are the only thing as far as free subscription .....

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Faposky95: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
Also Big congrats to SA......thanks for bringing cheers and jeers to Africa by conquering the world....even after The Great Madiba.

We still pl dey learn
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by KingCold: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
EKONGKING:

Cricket has three formats .

T20 cricket which last 3 hours .
One day cricket which last 8 hours .
Test Match cricket which last 5 days grin .

8 hours is a whole day to me, that's a large chunk of the day
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by EKONGKING: 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
KingCold:
8 hours is a whole day to me, that's a large chunk of the day

Thats why majority of cricketing loving population across the world have shifted to T20 cricket .

Check out Indian Premier league (IPL) its the second richest league after American football and ahead of EPL .

Disney and Others paid 6.2 billion dollars for just 5 years of IPL television rights and games are played for only 2 months of entire year .

T20 cricket has been accepted as Olympic sport by IOC and scheduled to play from 2028 Los Angeles Olympics .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Silentgroper(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
I enjoy and enjoy rugby but cricket

Isnt cricket baseball??
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Silentgroper(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2023
jl115:
You are allowed to hit your opponent as hard as you want in Rugby
I enjoy the way they hit each other with SPEAR ...

Sometimes I feel like I wanna be on the pitch ...

Amma send lotta opp team to the ICU

😁😁😁
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by tellie(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't know what prompted this headline but I don't have a choice than to quickly contribute at almost 50 I have no Idea of those games. Sincerely I don't understand anything in the game don't even know where and how to start with. I think our government is the problem we weren't introduced to the game from elementary school
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ghettochild4u(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
Samantha124:
So far my country has won the rugby world cup twice, but I know nothing about it the same way I know nothing about cricket and football... grin grin grin

But I think if I can give myself some time to understand cricket and golf, I'd eventually love them because those two sports are not noisy... They're quiet and give the person an opportunity to focus.
It's 4 times but u only remember 2019 n 2023
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Iqtest: 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
At the age of five or maybe six, i presume
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by blackjack21(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

Oversabi no go kill you.

How did rugby become a Winter sport... Oya explain.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
ghettochild4u:

It's 4 times but u only remember 2019 n 2023
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ijaola(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2023
I no fit understand cricket lailai. I still fit rugby interesting a bit
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by EmekaBlue(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't even want to know

Football basketball tennis e.t.c is ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Williams Sisters Exhibition Match In Lagos (Pictures) / COVID Vaccination: Novak Djokovic Withdraws From US Open / Transfer Deadline Day: Ten Hag Includes Ronaldo In Game Against Leicester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.