Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... (14391 Views)

Why Can't Nigeria Do Well In Cricket And Rugby Like South Africa? / "He Won 4 Ballon D’ors At Your Age "– Rooney Slams Mbappe For Pushing Messi / Elma Aveiro: 'I Don't Understand How Juve Can Play Like This' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TMKsouth: 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
Discountsempai:

For cricket, world cup too can help. My dad taught us some basics of cricket from the 2003 world cup

Yeah world cups come with the big hype - Cricket World Cup currently underway in India (remember to support πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ˜‚).

They actually play the shorter version called 50 Overs. I think there are 3 formats - all day cricket, 50 overs & T20 (which is the shortest version).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by drimzsmoke(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
Samantha124:
Of course, like any other game, the winning team has to score more goals than the other playing team.

Other than that, I just see grown men chasing after a ball like little boys.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Football don suffer for your hand!!!!

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by CJStarz: 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
Na d game wey d players dey wear shoulder pad,okada helmet and one kain protector for leg? Ehee, one man go stand for one corner with one kain stick and as im hit the ball, the others go dey run kitikata dey jam demselves as dem dey chase the ball? D ball self get one kain shape?
Ha, I don try many times to understand that kain nonsemse game I no fit. Thing wey dey baffle me be say how come people go come full stadium dey watch nonsense.
Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by toprealman: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
Some people in US still don’t know who Messi is let alone understanding the rules of soccer.
You cannot know everything.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Discountsempai: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
TMKsouth:

Yeah world cups come with the big hype - Cricket World Cup currently underway in India (remember to support πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ˜‚).

They actually play the shorter version called 50 Overs. I think there are 3 formats - all day cricket, 50 overs & T20 (which is the shortest version).

I've been busy, but following cricket world cup at a distance.

Neutral for now.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TMKsouth: 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
Discountsempai:

I've been busy, but following cricket world cup at a distance.

Neutral for now.

πŸ˜‚

Yeah cricket is time consuming.

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by brownbib(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
A little bit about Rugby, probably because of super bowl occasionally.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by SocialJustice: 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
No
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by tnerro1(m): 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
For where, when manu and Chelsea dey collect wotowoto, who get time for another sport πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Sammy5413(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
At my age I’m yet to fully understand myself

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by happney65: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Indian and paki game. grin grin grin grin. Wetin wan concern me for their game?
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Athemisia: 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Karleb:
Why should we care about American boring sport.
They are not boring. Na you no like am.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Preferito(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't think I will ever understand cricket
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Princeton92(m): 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
Truthfully I don't understand oo
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
My apologies, I forgot about 2019 because I was in the middle of exams when they won...πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

But I won't forget about this year because I was there watching and I felt the experience... I've never seen sport unite the entire country like rugby.

So my fellow South Africans, please forgive me...πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
TMKsouth:

Bathong Samantha we're gonna revoke your South African citizenship - this is unacceptable!πŸ˜‚ On Saturday we won the rugby world cup for a record fourth time in France - no other country has done that beforeπŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ†

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Jeffy1206(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
That cricket no mean anything to me even when I try to understand it... Rugby is more easy and I'm yet to learn all about it. Maybe cos African teams (Nigeria) don't partake in it that's why.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by tivity101: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
Me nor even know anything about these games and the golf when me sef dey plan for my retirement days I nor still know the rules πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by miketayo(m): 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
Cricket yeah, played 2ce too, rugby not so much

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by optimusprime2(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2023
Rugby Yes!
Because of it's similarity to American football.

Cricket on the other hand...
Despite my loads of Indian and Pakistani friends who literally live and breathe Cricket, for some odd reason I just can't get the concept of Cricket, even though I have been told it's baseball in a different way.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TMKsouth: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
Samantha124:
My apologies, I forgot about 2019 because I was in the middle of exams when they won...πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

But I won't forget about this year because I was there watching and I felt the experience... I've never seen sport unite the entire country like rugby.

So my fellow South Africans, please forgive me...πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

You're forgiven πŸ˜‚. Very tense match on Saturday, yoh!
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Hydroxide(m): 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:
Rugby and cricket aren't African games... Isn't even African origin...
And besides, Rugby is a winter sport... These are not African games....

Very few exposed African individuals has the idea of the game...
Rugby and cricket is very popular in Southern Africa. South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi. Even Kenya

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
I even got emotional and found myself hugging people I didn't even know...🀣🀣🀣

What Springboks did last week cannot be undone.
TMKsouth:

You're forgiven πŸ˜‚. Very tense match on Saturday, yoh!
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ttoyetade: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

They just finished playing the Rugby world cup and you are saying it is winter sport. ? Winter has not even officially started

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by tunwumi: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:

South Africa has won the rugby πŸ‰ world cup.

South Africa has won the T20 cricket 🏏 before
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't understand 🏏 I hate it. And i hate d Indians too. Racist bastardsπŸ˜•
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TMKsouth: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Samantha124:
I even got emotional and found myself hugging people I didn't even know...🀣🀣🀣

What Springboks did last week cannot be undone.

You weren't alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ They're coming back tomorrow, expect victory parades.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by phemmyfour: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..
My PHE teacher back then made it possible. You must write a report on each sport topic treated in class

Analysis of track n field events etc
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
Tomorrow should be a public holiday... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Wait, the president will be addressing the nation just now, if I'm not mistaken.
TMKsouth:

You weren't alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ They're coming back tomorrow, expect victory parades.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by luvyaself95(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't understand till now
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TheKingsmann(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
talented321:
No be lie, till date i don't understand those two games. Life no just balance.. Especially that cricket just meaningless to me..
No be only you oh, I don't understand those games at all.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TheKingsmann(m): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
TMKsouth:

Hahaha India is the king of cricket, that's the only game they are good at
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Streetmovement(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Na Rugby I know, nothing concern me with cricket and I nor even like am sef hence the lack of interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 / COVID Vaccination: Novak Djokovic Withdraws From US Open / The Williams Sisters Exhibition Match In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.