Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... (14333 Views)

Why Can't Nigeria Do Well In Cricket And Rugby Like South Africa? / "He Won 4 Ballon D’ors At Your Age "– Rooney Slams Mbappe For Pushing Messi / Elma Aveiro: 'I Don't Understand How Juve Can Play Like This' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by FireUpNow(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
No but I really love Rugby.the gentleman's game

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Tayorshd87: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
I saw the thing on facebook.. Omo the thing caught my attention' i just dey look those two games, nothing wey i understand..

I understand infact o know how to play it and this is because I studied human kinetics in the university and we do play it during our final year as part of 1 unit course then..

Men it's very interesting

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Baileyz101(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
Omoh. I lived outside Nigeria in a country where Indian expats were much than the real owners of the country. I made friends with lots of Indians and they made me fall in love with the beautiful game of CRICKET. I know everything about the game of cricket like the rules and mode of play. Infact I just finished watching the icc world cup 2023 game between Sri Lanka and Afghanistan. Cricket is real a fun and fast paced sport.

6 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Bahamas95(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
Rugby, cricket and golf.

I won't even watch them in my dream.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TMKsouth: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2023
Samantha124:

So far my country has won the rugby world cup twice, but I know nothing about it the same way I know nothing about cricket and football... grin grin grin

Bathong Samantha we're gonna revoke your South African citizenship - this is unacceptable!😂 On Saturday we won the rugby world cup for a record fourth time in France - no other country has done that before🇿🇦🏆

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by GEEBITE: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2023
Rugby,Long Buckby,Nuneaton.etc memories of those Warwickshire towns flooding my memory now.
Mindlog:

You are very wrong, Rugby is not a winter sport just like football.

3 weeks ago, I walked past the school (Rugby School in Warwickshire, England) where the game of Rugby in started in 1823, they are celebrating 200 years of the game with flags of it all over the town and some students of that school where playing rugby under the sun in their various playing fields.....very expensive school, where 14 year olds are paying about N11m per term as day student. cheesy cheesy

Rugby is one Kenya's popular sports likewise South Africa.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Discountsempai: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..

Cricket: I have some understanding of the game as my dad used to play it when he was younger ( here in Nigeria) and still follows the game.

Rugby: I grew up and went to a private school located close to one of the very few rugby fields in Nigeria, and have been following the rugby world cup since 2011. I like underdogs and I like anime so it's the Brave Blossoms of Japan for me. Still trying to get the rules. Dad hates rugby.

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Iko5000: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
football is not african too and all other sports
TimT:
Rugby and cricket aren't African games... Isn't even African origin...
And besides, Rugby is a winter sport... These are not African games....

Very few exposed African individuals has the idea of the game...

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by meobizy(f): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
I don't watch both so have no idea how their rules go. I understand a basic amount of baseball and American football. Cricket is not interesting in the least meanwhile rugby will likely have a similar theme to its American counterpart.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by susy6999: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
No grin
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Discountsempai: 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
Adewale1603:
We're not indians. What concerns us with cricket game

A lot of Nigerians play and follow cricket.

Also cricket is not an Indian game. Afghans, Dutch, South Africa, Namibians, Zimbabwean, Kenyans, Australian and New Zealand plays cricket

USA has a small cricket playing community

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by mobilemykel: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
Judolisco:
a try is 7 points... Try is like goal when u take d ball over d line... I think d penalty is 2 points....
penalty is 3 points

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Agwotulumbe1: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
no
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Sillymoderators: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
What has age got to do with that? And it is not our traditional game.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by emmylight4u: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
Look the picture below and thank me.

That is it.

4 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Deogratiasfx: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Still don't know it
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by kayyyy44: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Op why would I want to understand these sports?
Alaye football dey enough 😒😏

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Discountsempai: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2023
thatigboman:
if they keep passing the ball backwards, how are they going to move forward?
2ndly, what's the difference between rugby and American football?

First there is the scoring convention, then there is no scrum or ruck in American football, and there is no lineout in American football. And then the obvious one, AF players wear helmets and padding because they are allowed to hit their opponents more forceful than rugby
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by TMKsouth: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2023
Anyone wishing to learn the game should watch the quicker & shortened versions of the games - they're more interesting for beginners. Rugby Sevens and T20 cricket.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by mastermaestro(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
Eunoiaa:
What bearing will that ever have on my life, as a Nigerian? grin

You may one day be an American. grin
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by ruggedtimi(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
I understand rugby...bt see cricket leave am for india

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by shedy03(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
Rugby, alittle. Cricket, no no.
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Discountsempai: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
Judolisco:
a try is 7 points... Try is like goal when u take d ball over d line... I think d penalty is 2 points....

Try in rugby is 5 points. Then the try must be converted by kicking the ball between the goalposts and over the line for an additional two points.

Penalty kicks if kicked between the goal posts give 3 points. If the penalty is to be taken at a point too far from the goalposts, then some kickers kick it into touch near the opposing team's line, for a lineout and an attempt at a try

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by verygoodguy: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
i never still understand the game like this
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Ashirioluwa: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
TimT:
Rugby and cricket aren't African games... Isn't even African origin...
And besides, Rugby is a winter sport... These are not African games....

Very few exposed African individuals has the idea of the game...

That’s not true. South Africans are very good when it comes to Rugby. In fact, they have the best men’s rugby team.

With their victory in Paris 2023 Rugby World Cup, South Africa became the first men's side to win the Rugby World Cup four times, and they were also the only team to successfully defend a previous tournament title.

South Africa remain unbeaten in RWC finals, winning all four they have competed in.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Discountsempai: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
TMKsouth:
Anyone wishing to learn the game should watch the quicker & shortened versions of the games - they're more interesting for beginners. Rugby Sevens and T20 cricket.

For cricket, world cup too can help. My dad taught us some basics of cricket from the 2003 world cup

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
I asked my friend Ibrahim

Me: Ibrahim, do you play cricket?

Ibrahim: No, I eat cricket!
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes do you understand how the game cricket and rugby works? Because it seems majority of nigerians don't understand those games..
no idea..do we have any local team in lagos
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Olat4421: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
I never understand both because I don’t even watch it
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by payaseriy: 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
Verified PayPal And Payoneer Account For 7K Only.

LEGIT PAYPAL FUNDS FOR 795Naira PER $... Escrow can come in or one on one deal

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.

Check my Profile or my signature for my WhatsApp number
Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by Ajinoride(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yes now . Very well. I am a fan of cricket

1 Like

Re: At Your Age'' Do You Understand How Cricket And Rugby Works... by blowjohn(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
Even the insect cricket, I never understand how the thing dey make noise for one place but hide for another place.

Talk more of the sport cricket, that one no get bearing at all. Anywhere Belle face them dry run go

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osaze Blasts West Brom Fans / Ousmane Dembele: Barcelona forward agrees terms with Paris St-Germain / WAFCON 2022: Oparanozie, Ihezuo Dropped From Falcons Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.