Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,232 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single (25092 Views)

What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by maisauki: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2023
Luu40:

Evolution, in my understanding is very true to a large extent. But there are certain things I totally disagree with - one of which is the various theories of creation.
I'm a descendant of Adam nitemi, not from one ape
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Dozman88: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2023
Am a victim of such also...lost two good girls for these AS issue...the last one cried so much because she never believe to meet someone that loved her so much and not to take advantage of her....both of us are AS...i felt bad since then ..

1 Like

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:34am On Sep 02, 2023
just2endowed:
o

well humans mutate overtime on the long run.

here in west africa, we have mosquitoes dealing withhumans. as time goes on, the human body try to develop antidots for these killer disease and because we continue to mutate to beat this malaria, the blood turns sickle, thats how we came about these genotype.

U will be suprised that in europe and up north pole, they are almost all AA not until blacks migrate to the west and up north that small percentage came out AS.

so, in all, the culprit of all these is one animal. Mosquitoes
But why is AA more prone to Malaria?
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Luu40: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2023
maisauki:

I'm a descendant of Adam nitemi, not from one ape

I'm a Muslim. I, too believe to be a descendant of Adam and Hauwa (Eve).

But why is it Baju people of the Philippines and Malaysia can hold their breath under water for over 15 minutes? And you and I can't.

Or why is that people who live in arid environments don't drink as much water as you and I do? Yet, they survive.

Many things.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2023
Rumundele:
Bros no genotype is AC otherwise i fit tell you my own genotype is AK. Don't mind me sha, AC is rare and both AS and AC are abnormal
No dey lie, you been no know. We don catch you grin grin
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2023
OCHKESTINE:
My mum and Dad are both AS, they gave birth to 10 kids,
only me came out AA,
9 SS, we lost 6.

So I carry the burden of taking care of the 3 alive and my aged parents.

This year alone 2 have received blood transfusion with both PCVs dropping below 15% (This happens regularly).

Due to their crisis, I have black market pharmacies where they trust me to sell me Tramadol/Tramol because mere Painkillers don't work for them.

I am not the first child but life has automatically put me first since I am better health-wise.

I love my family and there is no length I won't go for them.

When I was to get married, I made sure my wife was AA, In fact, because of my sick siblings, I don't like slim ladies
Damn!... sad I'm speechless, but keep it up sir.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by TechnologyGuru: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Blake755:
Too sad but it still worth it
But i need answers oo if it's God who created first man and woman then how did ss genotype come into existence
The S in the AS came as a mutation against Malaria... It originated from Africa..
There was a time all humans were AA.. due to evolution the humans in areas affected with malaria over time underwent Evolution to resist against the malaria... Just genes sha..
The people with AS genotype are way more resistant to malaria than AA
AA people get malaria way more than AS people
I hope you get it now..
You can browse up more on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by MrB0LD(m): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2023
seunH:
Actually sir, originally, all genotypes were AA. But as a result of mutation which was passed on to offspring, one of the A in the AA changed to S hence we now had the AS genotype. Interestingly AS confers resistance to malaria especially in Sub Saharan Africa. That's why the genotype seems to thrive over here.

I have seen AS that comes down with malaria almost every month. When he wakes up, he'll be like, "I have been bitten by mosquitoes..."
Cos his body temperature will just skyrocket.

While his younger brother is AA, but that one hardly falls sick in a year. Even if he does, only on rare occasions he takes drugs.
How do u explain this?

1 Like

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by TechnologyGuru: 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2023
MrB0LD:

I have seen AS that comes down with malaria almost every month. When he wakes up, he'll be like, "I have been bitten by mosquitoes..."

While his younger brother is AA, but that one hardly falls sick in a year. Even if he does, only on rare occasions he takes drugs.
How do u explain this?
I gave an explanation for the origination of the S-gene in AS genotype.
The last two statements in my explanation are just basic assumption.. Definitely doesn't hold in all cases.
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by MrB0LD(m): 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
TechnologyGuru:

I gave an explanation for the origination of the S-gene in AS genotype.
The last two statements in my explanation are just basic assumption.. Definitely doesn't hold in all cases.

Ok...!
Thanks for the info though
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by seunH: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2023
MrB0LD:

How do u explain this?
He simply has a weak immune system!
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Lovelydaisies: 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2023
While your problem is a recognized and painful one, the intimacy part of it wasn't at all necessary. We didn't need to know all that. No matter how we try to normalise having sex outside marriage, online and offline, it still isn't acceptable.

Focus on your problems and seek solutions. Ask questions before commiting to one another to avoid heartbreaks.

You can't marry each other, yet you have given yourselves to each other. What if a pregnancy results? Or some STD?

Abeg...
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by micxwell(m): 1:56am On Sep 03, 2023
Jeon:
grin

Before excuses was Money, no wife material, no love, and now genotype wants to take the lead.

Very funny.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by micxwell(m): 2:03am On Sep 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

There is AC genotype...which if two of them marry, they have a child with a variant of RED BLOOD cell called due to HbSC.

Infact the 4 types of genotypes are

AA, AS, AC, and SS.

A child with hemoglobin C has a mild anemia basically.

DO YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE?
Add SC to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by micxwell(m): 2:20am On Sep 03, 2023
Bigchristo:
I swear he is a lucky guy, I heard they later have another child because the prediction was that after 1-3 kids the next maybe SS weโ€™ve lost contact since about 4yrs that I traveled out of the country and he also travel too, I pray for him not to have any SS kids because my neighbor back then I see the shege they went through
No o! This is wrong bro. The correct interpretation should be that the parents have a 25% chance of giving birth to an SS child per pregnancy. Hence, the same chance still applies to the fourth baby.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by micxwell(m): 2:51am On Sep 03, 2023
Luu40:

Kindly check this link https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/sickle-cell-disease#:~:text=Sickle%20cell%20is%20an%20inherited,%22carrier%22%20of%20the%20disease.

Is there anything you could help me with to undunce my writing? I'm a chemist by university degree and a self-taught data analyst.
You interpreted the family history wrongly though. Even if people had died in any of both families as a result of Sickle Cell diseases, marrying someone who is not a carrier will definitely cancel it all out. That family you mentioned up there are just plain ignorant and prolly stubborn๐Ÿคท
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Bigchristo: 4:06am On Sep 03, 2023
micxwell:
No o! This is wrong bro. The correct interpretation should be that the parents have a 25% chance of giving birth to an SS child per pregnancy. Hence, the same chance still applies to the fourth baby.
Ok thanks for the clarification
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Luu40: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2023
micxwell:
You interpreted the family history wrongly though. Even if people had died in any of both families as a result of Sickle Cell diseases, marrying someone who is not a carrier will definitely cancel it all out. That family you mentioned up there are just plain ignorant and prolly stubborn๐Ÿคท

Family history wrongly? Please elaborate
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by micxwell(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2023
Luu40:

Family history wrongly? Please elaborate
The information your write-up passed across especially where you mentioned your mum was that, since people had died as a result of Sickle Cell Disease in your in-laws family; their genes are responsible for your nephew/niece's predicament. It's actually not so. Whether the family has had cases of death due to Sickle Cell or not; if two couples with matching AS genotypes come together the chance remains.
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Luu40: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
micxwell:

The information your write-up passed across especially where you mentioned your mum was that, since people had died as a result of Sickle Cell Disease in your in-laws family; their genes are responsible for your nephew/niece's predicament. It's actually not so. Whether the family has had cases of death due to Sickle Cell or not; if two couples with matching AS genotypes come together the chance remains.

The families of both my mom and dad, all of whom I know very well, never had a case of SCD, let alone die, but definitely the S trait runs in their family.

But the truth remains that both or one of my parents is/are carrier of the S trait.
My mom has little understanding of such things, hence her utterances.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Jacku: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2023
Rumundele:

You are a bad guy, you are a very bad guy. Hope you get it, if you don't get it forget about it.
I'm being serious o
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Blake755: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
heykims:

Just pray u don't birth an SS because that might be the beginning of the nightmare in your life as a family. And I'm not scaring u, I'm a doctor in Haematology who manages sickle cell disease patients, so I'm being blunt here. I've lost count of the number of SS patients I've certified dead.
You gambled foolishly bro, so was your wife and I hope and pray your decision doesn't come bite u.
Hello please how do i contact you sir
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Blake755: 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
Naijagoodman:
This is an African problem and one would expect our medical professionals to research its solution. In Canada, nobody cares about your genotype. I've seen many Nigerians with SS children given bone marrow treatment that permanently solves the sickle cell issues. Why are our government and medical experts not looking at such an already established breakthrough? When we're serious as a country, it will show
It is really heartbreaking i wanted to go for the transplant but the cost of the treatment is very discouraging ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Sayelabola(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Blake755:

It is really heartbreaking i wanted to go for the transplant but the cost of the treatment is very discouraging ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

Let's talk about your sickle cell issue...Stay strong!

Visit me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/samuel.ayelabola

Or 08060737971.
Re: Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single by Scamburster(m): 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
Evestar200:
๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Have you check?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother / My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. / Newstead Makmond Boss, Evang Obue, Wife Welcome Twins After Some Years (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.