Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) (59970 Views)

This Is The Beautiful Kaduna City (pictures) / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:42am On Sep 03, 2023
Nice city but their roads no wide,too stressful to turn car,because am used to Abuja already
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by phemmyfour: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2023
Reflect7:

Show us creek....that's inside world that is silently ignore
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Tinubulaba: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2023
Righthussle:
It will take another 30 years for Rivers to have a governor like Wike. If you talk trash about Wike for ph na wotowoto for your face and head.
All the governors since 1999 did well. Wike only consolidated on what his predecessors had done
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by donomatseye: 7:44am On Sep 03, 2023
Beautiful City without Security... Kidnapping everyday

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by abiolert(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2023
Reflect7:

Use your damn brain.

The UAE population is 9 million and their oil and gas reserves plus daily exports are 3 times Nigeria's.

That is equivalent to giving Abuja alone 3 times Nigeria's annual income annually to spend.

What will they not be able to build, including the world's tallest buildings, if they like?

You are extremely moronic to be comparing the two countries just because they both ''sell oil''.

You went to school yet you reason like a mumu.

Please tell them. Sometimes because of hate, some people that are enlightened become dumb. They usually come up with stupid analysis that doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2023
Petdagr8t:
PH just like Lagos is a glorified slum. Their mates such as Cape town, Pretoria, Casablanca and Alexandria Egypt are far more beautiful than they are but we Naija people are always good in celebrating mediocrity.

I agree with you but based on Nigerian standard Port Harcourt is great. Little modifications will make much difference. If Amaechi's Monorail, Greater Port Harcourt and Rainbow Town were cotinued the cityscape would have been much better today.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by AareGaa: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2023
Abagworo:

All of Alaigbo from Agbor to Arochukwu and from Port Harcourt to Nsukka are better and livable than everywhere in Nigeria.

Port Harcourt and Agbor are inhabited by all Nigerians

But 5 Ibo states are inhabited by only ibos. Nobody lives with Ibos in their land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2023
Lammarez:
Please somebody help... I'd like to learn more about life in PH. I am planning to make my first visit to port from N.E region (bauchi) i mean for hustle... we are lacking even 'side hustle' here. Bauchi is boring ohh! Please NL i need ur kind advice.
Thanks
Create a thread.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by elujah1(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

As a full Pitakwa guy, there's nothing beautiful about PH. The only road in PH is Aba road, which is even a 2-lane road.

But truth be told, driving in PH has become easier after all the overhead bridges (not flyover) Wike built.

Depends on the area, Rumokoro overhead doesn't really ease much traffic, hopefully with the new ring road it will help
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Moshphil: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

As a full Pitakwa guy, there's nothing beautiful about PH. The only road in PH is Aba road, which is even a 2-lane road.

But truth be told, driving in PH has become easier after all the overhead bridges (not flyover) Wike built.

Dem go know say you be obigoat
Cos you people are always blind morning afternoon and night.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Tranquill: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2023
Abagworo:

All of Alaigbo from Agbor to Arochukwu and from Port Harcourt to Nsukka are better and livable than everywhere in Nigeria.

Mr man remove Portharcourt from that your alaigbo nonsense. Ona no dey tire?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by busayochic: 7:57am On Sep 03, 2023
Everything here is not true and extremely misleading. PH is one of the worst cities in Nigieria. There is no good hotel in PH. Its either the hotel is smelly or they've used different air freshener to mask the smell thus making air choking. There is not 1 good hotel. Trust me I went round all their top hotels and they are all below average. Nightlife is zero cos of the security challenges. Not my kind of town...

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2023
AareGaa:

Port Harcourt and Agbor are inhabited by all Nigerians

But 5 Ibo states are inhabited by only ibos. Nobody lives with Ibos in their land

All Nigerians live everywhere in Nigeria but Alaigbo comprise of the area I stated.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Timoleon(m): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2023
Brownking:

Go and take a look at Dubai and UAE and see what oil money can do, Port Harcourt is still 1billion miles behind including Nigeria as a nation. Don't feel like the government is trying by giving you crumbs like a dog and making you feel like they are doing a lot. We deserve better as a nation and they go do better.

Nigeria’s budget for a country as large and populous is just 1/3 of the UAE’s budget. That Nigeria and UAE both have oil doesn’t mean they both have the same finances or the same responsibilities.
Although more can be achieved with what’s in ground, it’s still going to be playing catch-up.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Maj196(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2023
Mediocre
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Omobude244: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2023
Reflect7:
Beauty without noise. Welcome to Port Harcourt. cool

If not the useless governors we have here in the SS.
Just imagine the amount of federal allocation delta,RIVERS and akwa ibom are collecting
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2023
Tranquill:

Port Harcourt is Ikwerre Igboland and I'm proud of that. You can call your cursed land nonsense not mine.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Ensa777(f): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2023
Tell them it is one road that you keep snapping over and over again

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2023
simfrost90210:
I agree .............
....., with all their Pacific ocean inside streets!🤣

Ahh bro it's beautiful cheesy cheesy the day I went to PH from Abia those waters you are talking about ehh that's were another side of Atlantic Ocean walai, Bayelsa also Na water side...

We were to go to bus terminal for Lagos very early in the morning bros Na only us dey road I was scared oo ..

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by azpekuliar: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2023
jamesversion:

No more black soot for over a year now.

Awesome.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by GEEBITE: 8:05am On Sep 03, 2023
Because of so many factors. Roads are not straight to avoid both natural and artificial landmarks like rivers, hills already well developed areas to reduce cost or demolishing some landmarks. It is not limited to Nigeria. You will see same thing in London and France. Except on the motorways or turnpikes in US you can achieve a straight line motorway. Even a pristine city like Milton Keynes in UK have curved roads.
Mynd44:
Why are most roads in Nigeria curved and not straight?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by IbnB: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

Wike totally changed the face of the city, same thing Amosun did in Abeokuta. He remains a nasty greedy beast though and his underground skirmishes with the judiciary might yet hasten the end of Nigeria as a corporate entity.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by cassyrooy(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2023
Mynd44:
Sometimes topography of the environment, sometimes aesthetics, other times to not affect strategic public infrastructure/landmark in significant use.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by essentialone(m): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2023
Woke the Wiked man from Obi Akpor local government. Lol
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Goalnaldo(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2023
Compare it with other oil city in the world and come back and tell me why we like celebrating mediocrity in this part of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by ElValiente(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2023
Mynd44:
You want them to demolish high chief priest shrine? grin
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Eastlink(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2023
Tranquill:

Keep quayet and mind your biz. He’s right. PH is Igboland. Know the difference.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2023
We suppose don pass dis level
They've all failed us 😔

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Austineva(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2023
JooEeL:
Looks good.

But can even be better.
My Odogwu 💪
What's up? It's bn a while?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Austineva(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2023
JooEeL:
Looks good.

But can even be better.
My Odogwu 💪
What's up? It's bn a while
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2023
Beautiful city.

Wanted to asked can drones be used in the fight against terror, if yes, what's stopping the government from exploring it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Iranian Who Made Paris Airport Home For 18 Years Dies (picture) / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos) / Nigerian In Russia-my Experience So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.