Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues (17877 Views)

History Of Tribal Marks ( Yoruba Perspective) + pictures / Words Of Tribal Origin Used As General Slangs & Their Meanings / What Are The Importance Of Tribal Mark? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by exotik: 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

In the first  place you are not Igbo and do not understand how marriage works in Igboland. Marriage in Igbo culture involves relatives and kindreds. There is introductions in the roadmap to marriage. Ndigbo say ihe ihuma uzo ama, ihe ikutu aka na uzo etc. Before this is concluded, one would have known if there is compactibility between the bride and the groom. It is not just about Osu this or that, but to find out if this person is related to you or not and there are some kindreds that are blood relatives and do not marry each other. It is very important to learn about Igbo marriage.

andre, u are using igboman sense to dodge the question coz i dont know of any ethnic group in 9ja that does not have introduction. in most cases sef, even before the introduction ceremony, both families are already aware of each other but it is not yet "official" and that is the reason for the introduction ceremony to make it official between both families before the proper marriage. so my question is still pending:

what if the igbo suitor she found that she intends to introduce to the family happens to be an osu? what will u do then?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by mbatuku1: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@The poster: You are really wasting your time. Nairaland will not solve your problem. It's a pity as it's always one Igbo girl today and another Igbo tomorrow. The problem with Igbo girls like you is that you do not mix up much with your Igbo group whereever you are. If you do, there is no reason whatsoever you will not be attracted to Igbo groom.
My advice to you here is, if you reside in Ibadan for an example, there are so many Igbo groups and associations out there that you can join. It is like that all over the world. There so many Igbo dance groups, Igbo prayer groups, Igbo corpers, Igbo students and clan associations. There is no reason whatsoever that an estimated 40 million Ndigbo in Nigeria, none of them could be attracted to you. Search yourself girl.

Man, I tire for these Ibo girls o. If it's not one today, it's another tomorrow. I even feel ashamed sometimes. You can hardly find Yoruba girls or others doing this.

The love to marry outside is something else(not that it's wrong, but it's getting too much). They make me to feel more distaste for them.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by euphoria: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@The poster: You are really wasting your time. Nairaland will not solve your problem. It's a pity as it's always one Igbo girl today and another Igbo tomorrow. The problem with Igbo girls like you is that you do not mix up much with your Igbo group whereever you are. If you do, there is no reason whatsoever you will not be attracted to Igbo groom.
My advice to you here is, if you reside in Ibadan for an example, there are so many Igbo groups and associations out there that you can join. It is like that all over the world. There so many Igbo dance groups, Igbo prayer groups, Igbo corpers, Igbo students and clan associations. There is no reason whatsoever that an estimated 40 million Ndigbo in Nigeria, none of them could be attracted to you. Search yourself girl.

Andrew u r very dense!!!
My advice to you(christy) is dat u stick by eachother.With prayers ur parents will support the union.  I married a yoruba guy and we both went through this phase.  Its time for Nigerians to drop this tribalistic bullshit!!!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by rgp922: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2011
decode55:

@rgp922, listen to yourself. well, i don't blame you sha. your parents escaped imbecili.ty i guess, so that's why talk like an imbe.cile too. cheesy, like father like son grin

smh for this lost negro
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by HighChief4(m): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2011
@OP---You had better listen to your parents before its too late
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by AndreUweh(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2011
airmark:

Bad advisers full here. Especially Andrew uweh. You think husband is like opa, which you can easily pick one and eat. The rate at which Igbo girls go for Yoruba guys is not far fetched. They are more handsome and caring. I lived in enugu for over a year , i know better.
Boy this is a serious matter. You hardly see a Yoruba girl disobeying her parents because of an Igbo man. There are equally handsome men in Igboland and Igbo girls should be proud of whom they are.
Has any of your sisters fled from your house because of her love for an Igboman. I thank God my own sisters are not sane to be involved in this sort of silly things.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by hbrednic: 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2011
most Yorubas are not circumcised,
liberate yourself now or marry him to your own sorrow.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2011
decode55:

abegi! leave the dirty scum joor,  follow your parents' advice o,  d way some of you behave annoys me @ times. now all these yoruba go.ats will start feeling as if they're important,  mtcheeeeeeeew angry angry

Before nko?

See as Igbo boys dey vex for this thread sha. Yoruba men beware o grin grin

I wonder how some ppl knew Yoruba men were not circumcised. Even I didnt know. Is your name Uche?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by rgp922: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2011
Think for once, why is Nigeria a fail state ? Is it because of the government or the people ? Dont listen to your Parents, choose whoever you like
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
rgp922:

Think for once, why is Nigeria a fail state ? Is it because of the government or the people ? Dont listen to your Parents, choose whoever you like

All I know is, f my children like oh, if dem no like o, na me go choose their spouse for them grin
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by AndreUweh(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
euphoria:

Andrew u r very dense!!!
My advice to you(christy) is dat u stick by eachother.With prayers your parents will support the union.  I married a yoruba guy and we both went through this phase.  Its time for Nigerians to drop this tribalistic bullshit!!!

U no get shame. Anyway, the Igbo women I know who married Yoruba men are the rejected ones. They are not attractive enough for fellow Igbos, secondly, they are badly brought up that suitors don't near them, thirdly, they were hawks and has had so many stories of abortion upon abortion or have dropped two at home out of wedlock. Most sane Igbo women I know married Igbo dudes. Anyway, goodluck to those failures as some tribes likes Igbo rejects.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by arsenefc: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
I say NO too.

Why would a Yoruba man marry an Ibo lady, dorty , lazy arse pipl.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by airmark(m): 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ OP , i want to ask you some questions:
1. Have you involved God in this i.e pray concerning your relationship?
2. Have you informed your pastor about the situation?
3. Do you really trust this your guy and is he for real?

Try to involve your pastor, may be he can mend fence between the two parents. Dont follow the crowd in this matter by thinking of dumping the dude, if you are sure of him and got positives from prayers. Nne go on. My uncle married from another tribe and had been happily married since over 40 years, he told me their parents later supported the union.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2011
Poster,
Andre Uweh:

U no get shame. Anyway, the Igbo women I know who married Yoruba men are the rejected ones. They are not attractive enough for fellow Igbos, secondly, they are badly brought up that suitors don't near them, thirdly, they were hawks and has had so many stories of abortion upon abortion or have dropped two at home out of wedlock.[size=28pt] Most sane Igbo women I know married Igbo dudes. Anyway, goodluck to those failures as some tribes likes Igbo rejects.[/size]

As you can see, you're now an Igbo reject. grin

Oh dear.

Talk about Osu system.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
This is beginning to look like Chinese men's vexation at black men for stealing their women o.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by yabadabado: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
hallo,
                   plz one of the parent would yield, there are families surviving on just the husband 's parent or the wife's parent.

hey i went to  a titled chief house to ask for the hand of his daughter 's hand in marriage to a friend and the man refused and even wanted to use cutlass on the friend at another time.

i think this is common with IGBOs and YOORUBAs people, but the igbos are more tribalistic, i can understand this is because of the war of the past, [some families have not outgrown it , which is an indication of family sickness], his wife later told my friend that they marry family and not individual, but for heaven sake , everybody from the rural area in the urban centers marries family, that is why they have trado marriage ceremonies, that same titled man would easily over look a rich white american to marry his daughter , since he doesn't understand the potential complication, which any young person ought to ignore, but he knows the possible complication of a multi-ethnic marriage in Nigeria, thanks to stories , self esteem, peer perception,money ,Nigerian film etcs

LOOK, for every short-sighted person out there, we don't matter in the grand scheme of things that God has plan or foresees in the future.  yoooruba use to be oguns,ekiti,ondo etc, middle beltans use to be jukuns, tivs, tarok, berom, etc but this characterization is only temporal ,
back in the days  , the royal bloods in England use to thinks the common people spoke trashy English, Ghanaian say we can't speak queen's English but young people in the buses try so hard every day to speak the Nigerian pidgin with the accent oh!, the royal blood  in Russia now show in Paris, Iranian watches  Kim kardasian show, the 'king of Saudi Arabia get personal beyonce booty shaking shows, American films about American subduing Germans sub-marines debuts and sells very well in German cinemas etc     at some point in time , the french thought the English 's food is meant for goats and their language is only fit for slaves, at a point in time , the kings and queens in English were speaking french[maybe as a result of coercion or marriage] , the German hated the work ethics of some fellow European, the Jews and the enemies/friends .

Hey, it won't matter in the nearest future as far as you are really in love with the guy and d guy is really into you, just get one of the parent on board  and if them no gree, use other means , there is always a way where there is stubborn hard.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by arsenefc: 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Andre Uweh,

What is Taju doing now?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by inspirizu(m): 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2011
rgp922:

Only a very stvpid african will listen to her/his parent. OP dont listen to your parent, their low IQ wont let them think behind tribes. My advice for you is to should kill them and he should kill his. You guys will be doing Africa a great favor by doing this.
decode55:

God know say u b omo ale haha ha u bad gan no wonder u used ur parent for mony ritua

abegi! leave thea dirty scum joor, follow your parents' advice o, d way some of you behave annoys me @ times. now all these yoruba go.ats will start feeling as if they're important, mtcheeeeeeeew angry angry

u b bad belle

wats osu

@op its very bad not 2hear ur parentz veiw xpecialy abt marriage. Bt if u fink u love each oder enough u can free ur parent
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2011
arsenefc:

I say NO too.

Why would a Yoruba man marry an Ibo lady, dorty , lazy arse pipl.

You don't get it do you? Their children will be certainly be Yorubas and Andre Uweh and Willy Willy can go to New York and get married if they like.

Seriously, are there parents in Nigeria today that will tell their children not to marry from a certain ethnic group?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by MAKABBEY(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ poster, the only solution is now lies in ur heart, if wot both of u feel is true luv, and you know dat u cannot regret ur action, pls follow ur heart and tried to convice both parent. Will u sacrifice ur love 4 both parent wishe? If u cannot convice both old folks, then try to act on your own, or are they going to live with you in ur matrimonial home? U can state by impregnating eachother.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by arsenefc: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
Aigbofa:

Seriously, are there parents in Nigeria today that will tell their children not to marry from a certain ethnic group?

Not everyone is rational and well balanced. I'd like to believe that most parents are mature and enlightened, especially in this age, but with people/human beings, always expect the unexpected.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by AndreUweh(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2011
arsenefc:

@Andre Uweh,

What is Taju doing now?
I don't know, probably he has gone back to her native Kwara state to search for a wife. Or May be he is looking for another Igbo girl to deceive.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I don't know, probably[size=28pt] she [/size]has gone back to [size=28pt]her [/size]native Kwara state to search for a [size=28pt]wife[/size]. Or May be he is looking for another Igbo girl to deceive.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you'll never have to remember what you've said.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by mbatuku1: 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2011
Andre, maybe you need to tone down a little. We are all nigerians in the end. It's not that bad in the real sense of it. But it's just embarrassing that you dont find women from other ethnic groups not sticking to their own en mass. This 'diasporal' existence of Igbos is really taking it's toll.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by SouthEast1: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
Shame on these parents for making marriage a tribal thing in this 21st century
Would it surprise anyone here that my g/f, whom I have no plan of not marrying is actually Yoruba?
Those same parents will welcome an Oyibo spouse for their children
Shame!! Shame!! Shame!!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by dabrake(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2011
Many bigotz here wyt andre uweh as the eternal patron. @op, follow ur mind. End of . . .
Ileke-IdI:

The good thing about telling the truth is that you'll never have to remember what you've said.

babe, u wicked die
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by arsenefc: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2011
South-East:

Shame on these parents for making marriage a tribal thing in this 21st century
Would it surprise anyone here that my g/f, whom I have no plan of not marrying is actually Yoruba?
Those same parents will welcome an Oyibo spouse for their children
Shame!! Shame!! Shame!!

Professor, your wife is Yoruba? You 'is' lying Professor.

No credible Yoruba lady would look at your side.

Bsc, University of Kidnapping

dabrake:

Many bigotz here wyt andre uweh as the eternal patron. @op, follow your mind. End of .

What if she has no mind. Isnt it obvious she is just following the money. As pe, she is Ibo now.     .     .
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by airmark(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I don't know, probably[b] she[/b] has gone back to her native Kwara state to search for a wife. Or May be he is looking for another Igbo girl to deceive.

@ Andrewuweh , so Taju is a l.esbian . To hell with Taju. grin grin grin

South-East:

It won't suprise me dude. Na so Andreuweh told us fictitious Taju's story on page 1. You also have come with yours. What's your gf name. Taja?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by arsenefc: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^^^

ROTFL

I think South East's aka Fake professor of Hydoponics' wife name is prolly[b] Ujat[/b], and she is a man.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
airmark:

@ Andrewuweh , so Taju is a lady-loving-lady . To hell with Taju. grin grin grin

It won't suprise me dude. Na so Andreuweh told us fictitious Taju's story on page 1. You also have come with yours. [size=28pt]What's your gf name. Taja?[/size]

ROTFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2011
airmark:

@ Andrewuweh , so Taju is a lady-loving-lady . To hell with Taju. grin grin grin

It won't suprise me dude. Na so Andreuweh told us fictitious Taju's story on page 1. You also have come with yours. What's your gf name. Taja?

Don't mind that clown. LOL grin grin grin
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by KDULAR: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2011
airmark:

hbrednic:

Akukwo, wonderfull Uweh shocked shocked shocked
most Yorubas are not circumcised,
liberate yourself now or marry him to your own sorrow.

How many have you tried. grin grin grin
@ Op listen to your parents work on their sensibilities and emotions and , pray and be patient , you'll get what you desire. Leave these ethnic alarmists and bigots.They are nothing but loosers tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community / Oluwo Of Iwo Denied Rumour Of Not Allowed Into Vip Area At Eagles Square / 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.