Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24713 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by cold(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
Dude flows like ma man-Eric Sermon.M9 that is
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by gascoign1(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
Abeg na the ladies trip me pass, for once i was proud to be Naija
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by publisher(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
[size=14pt]XO Senavoe was the weakest link,no doubt. I thought he was Ghanaian?
What's he doing on a Naija Cypher?
On the whole,i score them 75%. It was good.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
anyone got a link to the female cypher?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Princek12(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
DC-ONE:

@ princek12, go cryyy blood, (that is you own personal opinion), if you dont like or understand real rap methaphore,punchlines,wordplay, GO KISS HOT IRON.plus it is an international event you dont expect them to spit in naija locals cos the people out there wont understand what they are saying.and another point is that these guys are trying to sell them selves out to the world,you think say them wan remain for naija dey do akpako music dey chop small money?, boyz want to chop dollaz,they want to go world wide, they want major record labels to identify and sign them,, plus we want the world to know that nigerias got talent, i no go curse you, i bet your favorite rapper is terry G,the akpako master.

Talent, creativity, and originality, among others, are the qualities that makes an artist go worldwide. Trying to copy an American rapping style will not make them go worldwide. Or you think they can compete with the top MCs in Yankee? Hell nah! It is the same rapping style of song that Naija artists back then used to make in the early 90s, and it barely sold in Nigeria, much less outside of Nigeria.

Can't you see how D'banj is about to go worldwide? It is his originality that is selling, and no true hip hop fan in Yankee or Europe will by those fake Naija rappers' song. Trust me. You will see.

Why has reggae music gone worldwide? Do you think they achieved all that success by copying Americans? What about Bennie Man, Sean Paul, Cappleton and the other reggae artists who have Jamaican styles? Why are they selling?

Why is Fela selling like crazy overseas? Why do they have a Broadway show about Fela's life, which is selling out in every American city? It is because of originality.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by cold(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^We get your point.But if these guys continually flow in pidgin,there horizon would be limited.They've got to dovetail everything-Queens,ebonics & pidgin.Even Fela would agree.Go listen to 'Egypt 80'.Btw,i'm a diehard Fela fan
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Princek12(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2011
cold:

^^We get your point.But if these guys continually flow in pidgin,there horizon would be limited.They've got to dovetail everything-Queens,ebonics & pidgin.Even Fela would agree.Go listen to 'Egypt 80'.Btw,i'm a diehard Fela fan

I did not say they have to use only pidgin, for pidgin is not the only language we speak in Nigeria. What I am saying is that they do not have to copy the American style of rapping; they have to create their own style.

Naeto C is a good example of a Nigerian rapper who raps without pidgin English, but he is not trying to copy the Americans; he still has his an original flair about him. Those Nigerian rappers on BET Cypher are straight copying the Americans; there is nothing original about it.

Whether you rap in pidgin or regular English, just be original. Shikenah.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by AlabaSlim: 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
@PRINCEK12
I dey filli ur yanz
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by okgerald(m): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
These guys didn't do bad to me. Dem try small
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by diggler(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2011
ONE OF THE CHICS (SASHA I THINK) RAPPED IN YORUBA AND EVEN PAID RESPECT TO DA GRIN (WHO WOULDA GIVEN THAT CYPHER A NEW TWIST)
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Kizopumpin(m): 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
Mode 9 Murdered the Mic
Souce kid baba is killing it
M.I is dope on this one.
Other rapers are wack cry
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Wordsmith(m): 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2011
X.O Senavoe was the most dissapointing of the entire lot. Mode 9 and MI were the only ones i felt spat and delivered anything worthy of note. Sauce kid needs to stop mumbling (same as XO and he needs to change that crappy irritating accent). Ice Prince and Naeto C. . . *sigh*, why couldn't they just invite mcs like 5mics, Pherowshuz. . .? They were not just it.

Personally, i didn't feel this year's BET cyphers. Even the much rated and overhyped Shady 2.0 cypher got boring after a while. don't get me wrong, they all came correct (particularly, Joe Budden), everything just had a boring[i]ness[/i] to it.

Cats to watch out for -
Blind Fury
Nikkie Scott (or something like that)
Smiler (dude from UK)
. . .would watch the cyphers to get more names. . .
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2011
Were they rapping in Ibo language?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MENTORCH(m): 12:32am On Oct 17, 2011
@amblors iceprince`s album is torture, lmfao, Modenine is not on dere level atal he should represent d whole africa,MI was good,Saucekid`s intro was very encouraging mehn!!!ice prince wasn`t dt bad but he had chairmen 2 drag wif same wif dt X O guy,naeto c was just talkn 2 himself even Jimmy jatt dt dint say nythn was better than him,
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by nateevs(m): 1:43am On Oct 17, 2011
1. Mode Nine
2. . . .
3. MI
4. . .
5. . . .
6. . . .

I cannot believe anyone's even rating Naeto C on that. Delivery like out of the 80s. I'm not rating the dude simply because he chose to throw in pidgin. If I want to listen to funny lines, I'll find 2Shotz. This is real biz.

Really disappointed in Ice Prince. I don't care about Sauce Kid and that's it.

MI needs to re-invent and very quickly. All this rapping like an Evangelist is not cutting any more.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 1:44am On Oct 17, 2011
nateevs:

1. Mode Nine
2. . . .
3. MI
4. . .
5. . . .
6. . . .

I cannot believe anyone's even rating Naeto C on that. Delivery like out of the 80s. I'm not rating the dude simply because he chose to throw in pidgin. If I want to listen to funny lines, I'll find 2Shotz. This is real biz.

Really disappointed in Ice Prince. I don't care about Sauce Kid and that's it.

MI needs to re-invent and very quickly. All this rapping like an Evangelist is not cutting any more. grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by chrisical(m): 4:35am On Oct 17, 2011
Make somebody post modenine lines naa.How did he kill it.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2011
Once again i'll say. 9 took all of them to baba alagbafo house. M.I too stood up but rhyming after 9 wasn't a good idea. The other mumu rappers were just there to fill in the space. Most especially that guy Ice water shouldn't even be in d discussion of rappers. What d 4uck is ", i'm so amazing,  am every blazing,  Put u underground like coffin". Seriously

Guys like OD, Terry d rapman, Killz, Phero and even str8 buttah would have murdered the Cyper. Word to sinzu,  Yes! U are getting 25 years in prison for making a mockery of urself on the Cyper and raising false alarm that u killed it. U didn't. The Cypher killed you.

I sincerely hope this will shut down every doubting thomas who come on the madnessland to talk bull5h1t about Shege. Anyone after today wey come NL con dey talk mumu talk about mode, i swear i go comot my shoe, stand on my bare foot and trow am heavy weight swear like shot put. grin

Mobinga, u dey sleep ni grin Abeg link to the female version make i see as those ones sef fool dia self jorrr
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by joudini(m): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

Once again i'll say. 9 took all of them to baba alagbafo house. M.I too stood up but rhyming after 9 wasn't a good idea. The other mumu rappers were just there to fill in the space. Most especially that guy Ice water shouldn't even be in d discussion of rappers. What d 4uck is ", i'm so amazing, am every blazing, Put u underground like coffin". Seriously

Guys like OD, Terry d rapman, Killz, Phero and even str8 buttah would have murdered the Cyper. Word to sinzu, Yes! U are getting 25 years in prison for making a mockery of urself on the Cyper and raising false alarm that u killed it.

I sincerely hope this will shut down every doubting thomas who come on the madnessland to talk bull5h1t about Shege. Anyone after today wey come NL con dey talk mumu talk, i swear i go comot my shoe, stand on my bare foot and trow am heavy weight swear like shot put. grin

Mobinga, u dey sleep ni grin Abeg link to the female version make i see as those ones sef fool dia self jorrr

cheesycheesycheesy. You are right, sometimes l wonder why terry and phero are not taken that highly in my opinion. Wit, barz, comic delivery, reality lines etc are what light up cyphers and l think these guys gat it.

When Mode was tearing it up I swear l could almost hear others wondering 'Lawd how he do dat!' lol.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by phreakabit(m): 8:45am On Oct 17, 2011
Weakest Cypher I have viewed in a while . Damn! Anyways Big ups to Mode 9 and MI. . . . The rest, ZZZZZZZZZZ. . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2011
Abeg wey Tosin, wey Ofoka, wey Benjamz
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by guente(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2011
I chuckled at sun naetoc's line but mode9 and m.i murdered it with sauce coming close. The rest was wacko jagohs
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2011
[size=15pt]Crap.[/size] grin

I would appreciate Da Grin if he was there.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mbulela: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2011
Respect to Mode.
He is good.
I wonder why folks are surprised by Ice?He has never been much good.where exactly is this high expectation coming from? I have always wondered.
I would have liked to see Phero and Terry da Rapman instead of Ice.
Even Rugged would have been a good addition. He would have been not been close to Mode but his Nigerian flavour and on point delivery would have been good.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by RuuDie(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2011
dem wan do dis kain *ish dem no put Joe Spazm, OD, Pheroshuz, Cartier. . . . .omo i dey vex  angry
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
Choc city flexed their muscles to get MI and Ice Prince ( they are there on merit)  but what about XO?. . . i don't get that one. . . over SDC or Joe Spasm??

BUT what really annoyed me was that there were no artists bringing in the naija flavour . .  .like Olumide or Nigga Raw. . . .  .it would have added authenticity to the cypher,
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2011
@modenine is trending on twitter now. He even got calls from Alaba.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by yoji: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
wait o! is d cypher thing a free style event?? otherwise there's no need for the wackness xhibited by some.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tical(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Pls can any of y'all muster the guts to post the lines wiv which Mode9 murdered the cypher? Stil waiting undecided
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by chrisical(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
I tire oooo.Na beg we dey beg since. . .pls someone post modenine's lines for us who havent yet watched it.I've been on mobile for the past week or so.Pls naa or make we postrate??
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
MODE 9'S VERSE

I sport all white , stunt like I'm playing cricket.
u in the back ground chirping , u playing cricket
funny pants like you and lil wayne kick it
protesting against me the lames picket
u won't be fly if u bought a plane ticket
look my word plays incredible fam
to get into my rhyme book you need a retinal scan.
stake out the  doberman in the sentinel van.
the definition of a heckler - unintentional fan
blow me pause homie your full of baloney
Phonies creeping n crawling without spines
double jeopardy they get blinded and out shined
I burn mics leave nothing but charred outlines
the last time I was out rhymed I was about 9
no five go plank on a bee hive
better yet strap weights on and deep sea dive
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DBR: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
wow. .RapJunkie u beat me to it.
Nice one fam'

Now if thats not a cum laude verse i dont know wat is.

oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) / Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage / Ope Mi By Pita Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.