Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24695 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ritchboy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
M.I. -

Yeah I'm wreckless
And I'm everything your looking for: Craigslist
I brng the drama to your doorsteps: Netflix
All i spit is right the flow is ambidextrous!!!
I crossed BET the cypher off my checklist, i'm done

That line alone had the potential to kill Mode9 if he spat it properly, i.e "other rappers rhyme right my flow is ambidextrous".

Stupid mofo! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
slimshay:

These boys no go kill person, what was that crotch grabbing jumpology X-O was doing on a cypher? shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i think say na only me see am!!.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DBR: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Ritcboy
The prob wit others is wat I call "setbacks" and that reveals ur level of word dexterity and understandin'.

M.I said: "all I spit is Right, ma flow is Ambidextrous" Ambidextrous suggests u can use both hands(right and left) so wats d relevance to d verse?

Then again: "ma flow is ever fresh like it douches" Wtf!!, by implication his flow is pusi/or ass! Cos those r d 2"cavities" d word refers in usage.

Just like when he spat: "even if u think u got testis,I'm a pr!ik" smh sad.

In all these One thing I keep hearin is IF M.I flowed it right, IF X.O delivery was right, IF sauce had some punchline, IF IF was IF. .
Well, while d rest were "iffin" around Mode9 did his thing, clinical, and killed d cypher, easy!

Y'all shud just rest this and give props to all of them, they all represented 9ja.

oNe
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2011
DBR:

In all these One thing I keep hearin  is IF M.I flowed it right, IF X.O delivery was right, IF sauce had some punchline, IF IF was IF. .
Well, while d rest were "iffin" around Mode9 did his thing,  clinical, and killed d cypher, easy!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

DBR:

Y'all shud just rest this and give props to all of them, they all represented 9ja.

oNe

word!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
ritchboy:

M.I. -

Yeah I'm wreckless
And I'm everything your looking for: Craigslist
I brng the drama to your doorsteps: Netflix
All i spit is right the flow is ambidextrous!!!
I crossed BET the cypher off my checklist, i'm done

That line alone had the potential to kill Mode9 if he spat it properly, i.e "other rappers rhyme right my flow is ambidextrous".

silly mofo! cheesy

i actually thought m.i. beasted the rest - he was concise with his flow and delivery.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

i actually thought m.i. beasted the rest - he was concise with his flow and delivery.

MI's verse wasn't bad but the 4 bars intro was wack and the 'ambidextrous'  line was off point.

BUT he had some nice lines in there . . . .  .

From the best to the worst:

1. Modenine
2. MI
3. Saucekid
4. Ice Prince
5. Naeto C
6. XO aka Crotch - grabbing Jumpology Master . . .  grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
rapjunkie:

MI's verse wasn't bad but the 4 bars intro was wack and the 'ambidextrous'  line was off point.

BUT he had some nice lines in there . . . .  .

From the best to the worst:

1. Modenine
2. MI
3. Saucekid
4. Ice Prince
5. Naeto C
6. XO aka Crotch - grabbing Jumpology Master . . .  grin

mi outrhymed modenine!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
slimshay:

These boys no go kill person, what was that crotch grabbing jumpology X-O was doing on a cypher? shocked Since last year everybody has been telling XO the same thing. Eni a wi fun, oba je o gbo.

Funny how them 'folks' kept quiet and didnt say nothing until someone posted Modenine's lyrics and then they felt they had a point to criticise and then ended up getting put in their places.

Its a cypher, nobody cares if you are talking about your grandmother's best friends sick puppy, they care however about the way you tell are telling it.

the last time I was out rhymed I was about 9 . . . . . .the delivery of that line alone killed everybody on that cypher

In other news, Saucekid still dey flow o. cool
Exactly, but that does not give you the right to spit nursery rhymes like "am fly like a bird, no caging" lmao at ice prince. Are you serious? Why was rugged man not there, I mean, I know he is wack and all but he can hold his own among those guys.
Many people still don't understand what cypher is all about and the amount of talent it exposes. Now every tom, dick and harry comes to comment on cypher> smh. How can anybody in his right frame of mind compare mode 9's bars with all the random rubbish that some people were saying there? How can somebody in his right frame of mind bring up ice prince in this debate. smh, People really don't know rap. and after reading mode 9's ryhmes and the so called XO some people still want to debate XO is better. SMDH. I mean, its not by force, there is a big difference between what you saw there and Terry G, Dbanj and PSquare. That's the type of music most of you listen to and adore and all of a sudden, you want to bring those songs mentality to the cypher.
I mean, I was trying to ignore this but I keep getting updates on my mail. Go to youtube and watch American cyphers then when you are done educating yourself, you can come here to debate. NUFF said.
Mode 9 killed it and the distance between him and the second is that of heaven and earth. Its not even about opinion anymore, its very clear. Y'all can dead this.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DBR: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
Some of u just throw words around. M.I "outrhymed" M9. Figment of imagination more than empirical assessment.
Fact is they well all ok. But the only person that kept it 100 was M9, followed by saucekid. Others had either issues wit their flow, or had forced wordplays, or delievry issues. Dunno y this is still a topic of debate sef.
Mode9 aced it. .even the artiste acknowledged it. So y shud I bother wit hecklers catchin feelings. .y'all just "unintetional fans".

oNe
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
DBR:

Some of u just throw words around. M.I "outrhymed" M9. Figment of imagination more than empirical assessment.
Fact is they well all ok. But the only person that kept it 100 was M9, followed by saucekid. Others had either issues wit their flow, or had forced wordplays, or delievry issues. Dunno y this is still a topic of debate sef.
Mode9 aced it. .even the artiste acknowledged it. So y shud I bother wit hecklers catchin feelings. .y'all just "unintetional fans".

oNe

you are the one confuzzled here.

the fact that mi outrhymed m9 does not necessarily mean mi aced it - it depends on what boils your blood.

i like rhymes - i respect rappers who can rhyme with the perfect timing.
some other rap listeners are keen with the punches, flow, delivery, metaphors and other attributes.
but what you mode9 ball-lickers don't often get in ish like this is - mode9 is not perfect in every facet of the art of rap.

he is a good lyricist, few punches here and there.
but his delivery, perfect timing of rhymes and flow is average!
very very average!!! mi clearly obliterated him on that.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
^ STFU. You don't know sh11t. This is not about stanning, its about real. is it that hard to see that Mi was wack on that cypher? Did you even hear what the guys rapped in the first sense. Go check mi twitter page, he said he will do better next time and all you uselesss stans that have been overdosed by wiz kid, dbanj and psquare trash will come here to talk rubbish. End this already. is not by force to listen to music that is above your IQ.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr. Globe:

^ STFU. You don't know sh11t. This is not about stanning, its about real. is it that hard to see that Mi was wack on that cypher? Did you even hear what the guys rapped in the first sense. Go check mi twitter page, he said he will do better next time and all you uselesss stans that have been overdosed by wiz kid, dbanj and psquare trash will come here to talk rubbish. End this already. is not by force to listen to music that is above your IQ.

will you shut up your rotten mouth, you homoerotic tool?
was i talking to you? speak to me only when spoken to - you consummate reprobate!

what do you know about rap? you think this is bubble-gum?
you better park well, before you catch one on your lips
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DBR: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
Oga cooger
Well mayb I'm confused, mayb I'm a M9 ball-licker as u said.
But all u said just validated ma point. "It depends on wat boils ur blood" just mean ur view is subjective and not a result of empirical gatherin'.

No one has said Mode is "perfect" in every facet of rap, no one is, so don't get ahead of urself sir.
We talkin bout the cypher and there he edged e'rbody. .simple!

All ur chirpin' bout timin, flow et al is pure bullock! Except u r remotely suggestin he fell offbeat or gasped or lost his breath. . Its funny pple wil rate a rapid flow of so so lines over a deft and deliberate delivery of flawless bars.

The fact is by d time u aggregate waeva all d aspect u wanna use Mode9 came "correctses" of alladem!

oNe
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

will you shut up your rotten mouth, you homoerotic tool?
was i talking to you? speak to me only when spoken to - you consummate reprobate!

what do you know about rap? you think this is bubble-gum?
you better park well, before you catch one on your lips
Fo-o-o-lish wannabe. Idi-ot. You are not a gay but you know about ball lickers. am tired of all these crazy illiterate idi-iots talking about rap. Have you got enough dosage of your wiz kid you this trap. Go kill yourself. If after listen to that video and you come here to spew rubbish, you IQ must be reading - . Its not by force to like rap music. Go back to where you belong.
#Igohard
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2011
DBR:

Oga cooger
Well mayb I'm confused, mayb I'm a M9 ball-licker as u said.
But all u said just validated ma point. "It depends on wat boils your blood" just mean your view is subjective and not a result of empirical gatherin'.

read my comments again. i said i thought mi outrhymed m9.
my opinion - not yours.

No one has said Mode is "perfect" in every facet of rap, no one is, so don't get ahead of urself sir.
We talkin bout the cypher and there he edged e'rbody. .simple!

nah - you mode-9 ballsuckers don't know that.
who is the best lyricist in nigeria - mode9
who has the best flow - mode 9
best delivery - mode 9
perfect timing - mode9
best punchlines - mode9

you guys are wackitty wack.
if i remember correctly, you once argued m9 has a better flow than da grin. . . .when presented with the facts, you backed out.

All your chirpin' bout timin, flow et al is pure bullock! Except u r remotely suggestin he fell offbeat or gasped or lost his breath. . Its funny pple wil rate a rapid flow of so so lines over a deft and deliberate delivery of flawless bars.  

that is a battle between flow and superior lyricism!
what eminem says in his lyrics are mostly garbage but his flow would murder any rapper on the planet.

if you compare the subject matter of eminem to errrrrrrr, nas, nas wins without batting an eye-lid.
but eminem's flow? breath control, multis would murder nas - so it then depends on what boils your blood. if you prefer conscious rapping to penis on classic sports, nas is for you. but if you prefer multis and flow to subject matter, then eminem wins. no rapper bosses every facet of rapping.
not even 2pac and notorious b.i.g

The fact is by d time u aggregate waeva all d aspect u wanna use Mode9 came "correctses" of alladem!oNe

i disagree - but this argument is tedious.
m9 would come second to mi for me but that won't be the case for you.

we can always agree to disagree!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by montelik(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
As average as some of naija guys were, I still think they did better than pple like tech n9ne, machine gun kelly to name a few.  grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Fo-o-o-lish wannabe. Idi-ot. You are not a gay but you know about ball lickers. am tired of all these crazy illiterate idi-iots talking about rap. Have you got enough dosage of your wiz kid you this trap. Go kill yourself. If after listen to that video and you come here to spew rubbish, you IQ must be reading - . Its not by force to like rap music. Go back to where you belong.
#Igohard

and the autistic savant keeps barking!
what a tool. it's sad you mentioned iq. cos in all honesty, half the cube root of my iq is beyond you.
if you can open your mouth to mention whizkid in this argument, then it means you probably jerk-off to whizkid's name. i dunno how his name crept up in this debate but a homoerotic tool like yourself would know.

you are a lobotomized ape!
scram out of here - you are too spineless to debate in the art of rapping.
if you turn to paper, i would do you wrong like a gynaecologist treating your prostate cancer!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr. Globe:

NL don dey sweet again. .  . .i have laughed so much today its untrue. . . .   grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

what a tool. it's sad you mentioned iq. cos in all honesty, half the cube root of my iq is beyond you.
if you can open your mouth to mention whizkid in this argument, then it means you probably jerk-off to whizkid's name. i dunno how his name crept up in this debate but a homoerotic tool like yourself would know.

if you turn to paper, i would do you wrong like a gynaecologist treating your prostate cancer!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
montelik:

As average as some of naija guys were, I still think they did better than pple like tech n9ne, machine gun kelly to name a few.  grin

add Estelle to that, Dom Kennedy was so wack it hurt.

i did like n9ne's verse, i didn't like how he delivered it though.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by DBR: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
Cooger

ma argument was "Dagrin aint the king of flow" as sm1 dubbed it. And u kno that. Plus I only back off when there's superior point or d other xtreme; a blatant senseless point. That's day suaron, u were in latter mode.
I understand ur deep seated unappreciation for Mode, so its ok. smiley no point sweatin this.

Back to d cypher, so in ur assessment M.I did beta than M9. because of "flow". Rememba wat I always say, PPLE DON'T QUOTE FLOW/DELIVERY, they QUOTE LINES.
U say M.I, I say M9, even M.I said M9. At least we hav sth in common "M".

oNe
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
montelik:

Hey my God!!!! Music don suffer for Nigeria. [b]No Nigerian Rapper, I repeat, No Nigerian Rapper came a trillion close to the worst US artist on the cypher. Damn!!!!!!!!! [/b]Am just speechless. Many of you don't understand this thing called rap and the problem is many of you don't even get the flows, the slangs and the lyrics but everybody wants to comment, every tom, d.ick and harry wants to comment. Damn.
coogar:

Whats that supposed to be? a rhyme? lmaooooff. get the f, ck out of here you this nitwit. i thought i said you should kill yourself for liking trash. get the mess out of here. You probably live in the gutter.
Don't expect anything flashy from me, just go feast on your lame mi's di'ck you fa-g-goty
I listen to hiphop 24/7 and I can't stand here and see you dimwits take it to the gutter or feed people rubbish
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mykali(m): 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

sharon doing what he knows how to do best!!  grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Bamsyle2(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
grin grin grin

And Senavoe was the Punchline of the whole cypha . . . the way dude kept grabbin' his crotch, he must've been trying hard to control some build-up of urine in his bladder . . .

Modenine trumped e'rrone in that cypha . . . the mere attitude and theatrics with which he delivered the "last time I was out-rhymed" line was the highlight of the shiznit.

Saucekid? Dude tried with the delivery . . . I kinda expected less (dunno why) but he delivered.

Ice Prince?? That wasn't a Jimmy Jatt Jump Off thingy! Should've been better . . .

MI?? Same ol' same . . . all's been said.

Naeto C was the low point of the show . . . dude oughtta have been replaced with Terry tha Rapman.

DBR:

Cooger

suaron . . .

I always knew it . . . my gut feeling never fails me.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2011
Bamsyle.:

grin grin grin

And Senavoe was the Punchline of the whole cypha . . . the way dude kept grabbin' his crotch, he must've been trying hard to control some build-up of urine in his bladder . . .

Modenine trumped e'rrone in that cypha . . . the mere attitude and theatrics with which he delivered the "last time I was out-rhymed" line was the highlight of the shiznit.

Saucekid? Dude tried with the delivery . . . I kinda expected less (dunno why) but he delivered.

Ice Prince?? That wasn't a Jimmy Jatt Jump Off thingy! Should've been better . . .

MI?? Same ol' same . . . all's been said.

Naeto C was the low point of the show . . . dude oughtta have been replaced with Terry tha Rapman.

I always knew it . . . my gut feeling never fails me.

u mean sha. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by montelik(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
amblors:

add Estelle to that, Dom Kennedy was so wack it hurt.

i did like n9ne's verse, i didn't like how he delivered it though.

Estelle tried, just like Chris Brown both of them were outside their box.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Hey my God!!!! Music don suffer for Nigeria. [b]No Nigerian Rapper, I repeat, No Nigerian Rapper came a trillion close to the worst US artist on the cypher. Damn!!!!!!!!! [/b]Am just speechless. Many of you don't understand this thing called rap and the problem is many of you don't even get the flows, the slangs and the lyrics but everybody wants to comment, every tom, manliness and harry wants to comment.

i disagree some of em were really wack. datz my opinion though, u don talk ur own finish
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by slimshay(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
See cypher bringing men out from hiding.

Bamsyles know this!!! Seriously that Nine line made that cypher for me.

In other news, why MI go rap after M9 na. . . .cheesy

In other other news, dem say JimmyJatt wey no rap try pass NaetoC!!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
yeah @amblors. Ace hood was wack, machine gun kelly was wack, 2 chains was wack but they were a trillion times better than mode 9 who was a billion times better than sauce who was a million times better than mi. The rest are NOT RATED!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tosinaded(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Mr Globe

why are u bitter at everyone take it easy dude . . . . av fun and argue!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tosinaded(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2011
By the way, iunno what the arguement is tho . . . On the night, Modenine was the best package!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
DBR:

Cooger

ma argument was "Dagrin aint the king of flow" as sm1 dubbed it. And u kno that. Plus I only back off when there's superior point or d other xtreme; a blatant senseless point. That's day suaron, u were in latter mode.
I understand your deep seated unappreciation for Mode, so its ok. smiley no point sweatin this.

Back to d cypher, so in your assessment M.I did beta than M9. because of "flow". Rememba wat I always say, PPLE DON'T QUOTE FLOW/DELIVERY, they QUOTE LINES.
U say M.I, I say M9, even M.I said M9. At least we hav sth in common "M".

oNe

i have been listening to naija hip-hop for about 20 years now. i have heard the pioneers, the wannabes, the real o.gs and the fake Bottom wankstas.
but - but - but - if you know any naija rapper, scratch that. . . . . .if you know any african rapper in the last 20 years that fried the microphone like this in terms of flow, delivery, sick metaphors, multis, etc - then name him or show me a video clip. . . .

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85X9MZbOE0A?version=3"[/flash]

this is not da grin freestyling. . . . . this is da grin shitting on the whole naija rap industry. he was untouchable!
watch out for his breath-control! cool

[flash=425,400]http://www.youtube.com/embed/CNSVrM8kuSU" frameborder="0"[/flash]

that's your nucca stuttering to complete 16 bars. cheesy

Mr. Globe:

Whats that supposed to be? a rhyme? lmaooooff. get the f, ck out of here you this nitwit. i thought i said you should kill yourself for liking trash. get the mess out of here. You probably live in the gutter.

just like i thought, you have the brain power of an ascaris worm!

Don't expect anything flashy from me, just go feast on your lame mi's di'ck you fa-g-goty
I listen to hiphop 24/7 and I can't stand here and see you dimwits take it to the gutter or feed people rubbish

i blame the chief medical director of aromental hospital for allowing a dickhead spaz like you to have an unrestricted access to the internet.
you should be in strait-jacket, blindfolded with your Bottom shot with 50litres of vicodin to put you to sleep!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video / M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) / Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.