Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,114 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:45 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24990 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 8:08am On Oct 20, 2011
For me m9 did better than Royce.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2011
Mobinga:

MI rhymed -tion with -tion with -tion. LMAO. And that's the guy with whom you place your vote?

bleep outta here Modenine >>>>> MI

and he rhymed 10 bars with that tion - tion - tion nonsense
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by dammiecool(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2011
the last time I was out rhymed I was about 9

wackitiiiiii wackkk!!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin abegi is he no longer NINE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by dammiecool(m): 8:39am On Oct 20, 2011
hes alwayz Nine hes alwayz out rhymed cool cool grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2011
dammiecool:

hes alwayz Nine hes alwayz out rhymed cool cool grin

the ever relentless mode9 basher. . . .  . .

modo teef ya girlfriend?. . .  .abi na deathblow still dey worry u?. . . .  .lol

dont worry, they will soon do Ohafia hiphop Cypher. .  . .ruggedman go dey dat one. . .  . grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by lalaboi(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2011
kaydee:

@ Coogar

There is nothing Modenine can do to change your opini

on of him

+ 1

I've never seen him give due props to Mode . . The least he ever said was, he's "ok" grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by jiggaz(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2011
rapjunkie:

modo teef ya girlfriend?. . .  .abi na deathblow still dey worry u?. . . .  .lol

dont worry, they will soon do Ohafia hiphop Cypher. .  . .ruggedman go dey dat one. . .  . grin grin grin
Chai Rapjunkie, u wicked oo grin grin grin . Or better still BET Akpako Cypher then Terry G, Timaya and Duncan Mighty go rep us. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by khanye(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2011
rapjunkie:

Why evils na grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2011
I don't need a hook, my bars are like fish. - Ice Prince

Failed double entendre.

But Like Barca, Modenine eats them all.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by khanye(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^^ YB cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by sucess001(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
seen the vid and while some of the comments re dowright too harsh, they got some points, MI, cud have done beta cos i ve heard better lines from him, mode9 did gud buh for some reason, sauce was best for me, he was a combination of gud intro, nice lyrics and movement, plus a gud closin, ice didnt do to gud, naeto too didnt do gud, wud have luved to hear freestyle or rugged on the beat, buh they repped still, they flowed well with the beat,
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2011
dammiecool:

wackitiiiiii wackkk!!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin abegi is he no longer NINE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

smart one, dammiecool.

this is where mode9 shoots himself in the foot with his ill-advised bars.

the last time he got outrhymed, he was about 9(he's dissing himself)
he's mode-nine for f[i]u[/i]ck's sake. he's 9.

this is akin to they know me in germany and europe nonsense he was spitting years ago.
rubbish rapper. he has the idea but he words them like a simpleton!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tosinaded(m): 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
he's mode-nine for Bleep's sake. he's 9.

wow such brilliance grin u figured it all out . . daaamn u re a genius grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by dammiecool(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
tosinaded@:

Dude, its no joke dat line is wack cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by A40(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
X.O's verse was the best he only delivered it poorly yes his verse was better than even Mode9. The entire thing was underwhelming for me sha! the girls did way better no doubt! Even Nikky Scott killed all our male rappers and that says a lot
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
tosinaded@:

tosinadeda, you won't park yourself at the back of the queue, will you?

i like mode-9, he represents hip-hop to the fullest, he keeps it real with his fans
he never lets them down with the commercial bullshyte others are attracted to. fair play to him on that.

it's just that, sometimes his i-t-k often gets the better of him.
lyricism isn't such an ambiguous task - if it's not a d[i]o[/i]pe manuscript, i ain't feeling it.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tosinaded(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
nigga wut he meant was . . the last time he got out rhymed was when he was 9 years, how hard is that to understand?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
tosinaded@:

nigga wut he meant was  . . the last time he got out rhymed was when he was 9 years, how hard is that to understand?

i agree but for a rapper with name: mode-9, he shouldn't have done that.
he has left himself critically open to be violated if that was a rap battle. . . . .and his defence is still open till anyone decides to take him head on.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by A40(m): 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
dammiecool:

Dude, its no joke dat line is wack cool
I dont even hate Modenine but i would be the first to admit that line was whack
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2011
coogar:

smart one, dammiecool.

this is where mode9 shoots himself in the foot with his ill-advised bars.

he's mode-nine for f[i]u[/i]ck's sake. he's 9.

this is akin to they know me in germany and europe nonsense he was spitting years ago.
rubbish rapper. he has the idea but he words them like a simpleton!

@coogar, dammiecool and the rest of the doubters

the wordplay is the on word 'nine' It refers to his age and himself. what he's saying is  that only modenine can outrhyme modenine. . .  

it is not I-T-K. . . . .  . . . . its genius. . .  . grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by tosinaded(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
lol i cant biliv some comments am seeing here . . na y nairaland dey always tire me
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by pwiz(m): 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
una see the X.O senavoe lyrics? Kai, the words are complex but got meaning, see it below!
LYRICS:The Outlook’s bright, that’s the Word, all I do
is Excel
And Casey Anthony rappers, my flow should
be on the pill
The Lyrical Dangote, even Aliko couldn’t get
on this ‘bill’
Last year I watched this from my office –
now I’m here – Surreal!
Pray for me, I’m spittin’ in a sick way, and
I’m (Azikwe Nnamdi) – Truth!
Yeh “We Are Africans – Awoo!”
But the rap crown was roaming (Roman)
and so I ceased her (Caesar) – Poof!
Talking ‘racks on racks on racks’?
‘Maybachs on bachs on bachs’?
Not stopping ’til Fortune companies hire
Blacks on Blacks
Dagrin and Amy Winehouse, RIP!
Now “Back to Black” E.T.
I B-E-T that if yo B C’s D’s (b****/baby sees
these)
She will press ‘pause’ (paws) on me, like I’m
E-V-E
The sickest lyricist to spit it infinite in
minutes is winning would dream it like
Hakeem but now like Brixton I’m “innit” (in
it)
U see I sawed this beat, its now an eye sore
in the I.C.U.
Buzzing ’bout who the best be(e)?
I’m all 3 … Minus 2!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2011
c'mot this yeye verse for here!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
You won’t be fly if you bought a plane ticket - MODE NINE

Generic!
Generic!!
Generic!!!

I am sitting on the heads, I am like a basin - ICE PRINCE

buuhahahahahaha!!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
mikuz:

You won’t be fly if you bought a plane ticket - MODE NINE

Generic!
Generic!!
Generic!!!

I am sitting on the heads, I am like a basin - ICE PRINCE

buuhahahahahaha!!!

did he really say that on there? lol
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2011
Junkie you aint making any sense. Obviously you don't know any shit about word play.
How does "The last time i was outrhymed i was about nine" relate to the only one who can outrhyme mode nine is mode nine?
Apparently that line said something concerning the last time he was beaten was when he was nine years old. Full stop!
Thats ok.
Or You want to deduce he meant "The last time i was outrhymed i was about (Mode) nine?"
If this is the case then he shot himself in the foot!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
Amblors did who?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
mikuz:

Junkie you aint making any sense. Obviously you don't know any poo about word play.
How does "The last time i was outrhymed i was about nine" relate to the only one who can outrhyme mode nine is mode nine?
Apparently that line said something concerning the last time he was beaten was when he was nine years old. Full stop!
Thats ok.
Or You want to deduce he meant "The last time i was outrhymed i was about (Mode) nine?"
If this is the case then he shot himself in the foot!

keep disgracing urself on NL.

u've just taken the line and applied my explanation to provide a literal meaning to it. . . .SMH

do u understand what word play means?. . . but seriously?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
rapjunkie:

keep disgracing urself on NL.

u've just taken the line and applied my explanation to provide a literal meaning to it. . . .SMH

do u understand what word play means?. . . but seriously?

rapjunkie, you didn't make any sense to be perfectly honest.
the last time he got outrhymed, he was about 9. . . . .how does that say modo was talking about himself?

use your common sense for once now - that's a whack line from mode himself
there are ways he could have worded that properly to land his punch.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by bbmrfans: 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
lwkmd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives D'Banj At Lagos House, Ikeja / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.