Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,137 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24991 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
coogar:

rapjunkie, you didn't make any sense to be perfectly honest.
the last time he got outrhymed, he was about 9. . . . .how does that say modo was talking about himself?

use your common sense for once now - that's a whack line from mode himself
there are ways he could have worded that properly to land his punch.

he worded it properly jor!!. . . 

its a play on the word nine. . .is he not mode[b]9[/b]? since he was 9 years old nobody has outrhymed him

its simple
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
rapjunkie:

he worded it properly jor!!. . . 

its a play on the word nine. . .is he not mode[b]9[/b]? since he was 9 years old nobody has outrhymed him

its simple

he didn't. . . . the first part of that sentence shot his own foot.
if he had said, the first time i killed a nigga with rhymes, i was about 9. . . . .then that's a good line.
but he's saying the last time he got defeated in a battle, he was about (mode)9.

does that make sense to you?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2011
u dont make sense to me

coogar!! u fit start fight for empty room. . . . lol
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by coogar: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2011
rapjunkie:

u dont make sense to me

coogar!! u fit start fight for empty room. . . . lol

contrary to what you think, you are my favourite poster on this section.
you are well grounded in the naija hip-hop industry but you often overestimate modo's prowess.
modo's very good but he's got his flaws.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
Abeg help me ask am o!
MR NINE WORD PLAYER!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 12:07am On Oct 21, 2011
@mikuz:
i was asking if Ice Prince said this on the cypher = I am sitting on the heads, I am like a basin
or u were just making fun of his punchlines(if they can b called that, lol)
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 12:12am On Oct 21, 2011
Amblors seriously he really said that.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by pwiz(m): 12:14am On Oct 21, 2011
Lala . The lyrics is for one of the participant and its part of the discussion, thatz not my lyrics annd its not irrelevant.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 12:18am On Oct 21, 2011
^what is he saying?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 12:20am On Oct 21, 2011
mikuz:

Amblors seriously he really said that.

awww, that was a horrible one, Ice no b rapper sha, his album proved that.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 12:33am On Oct 21, 2011
@coogar

modo is the best wordplay/punchline lyricist in naija. . . . . probably the most prolific MC in Africa

he tore everybody to pieces on the cypher

the '9' rhyme made sense. . . .

i aint saying he doesn't have flaws. . . we all do. . . . but there's nothing wrong with that line. . . . IMO
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by lalaboi(m): 12:35am On Oct 21, 2011
p.wiz:

Lala . The lyrics is for one of the participant and its part of the discussion, thatz not my lyrics annd its not irrelevant.
Sorry mahn. That was meant for the other dudes posting their lyrics. . . added ur id by mistake. . .my bad
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2011
amblors:

awww, that was a horrible one, Ice no b rapper sha, his album proved that.

i haven't listened to the album yet but after the 'hooks and fish' calamity i don't think I will either

whats happened to the really cool Ice Prince on 'somebody wants to die?'

abi the bars don finish?

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 12:45am On Oct 21, 2011
btw Mode said: the last time i was outrhymed i was[b] about nine[/b] - that implies Age not his name, that seems obvious to me.

@rapj i the album is a very commercial one, if its bin rated as rap album, 4/10 is bin nice.
lol @ him bars don finish, e b like o

Ghost shudda bin on this cypher sha
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 12:52am On Oct 21, 2011
amblors:

btw Mode said: the last time i was outrhymed i was[b] about nine[/b] - that implies Age not his name, that seems obvious to me.

his age yes, but do u think its a coincidence that he is mode 9?. mr ninestien?. . . .outrhymed at 9?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 1:06am On Oct 21, 2011
lol, i know its no coincidence he chose nine, i'm not sure how to interpret it asides the obvious,
but that line aint wack as others claim.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 2:12am On Oct 21, 2011
I never argued the line to be wack. I said modo meant that the last time he ever got outrhymed was when he was at the age of 9. Nothing more.
IMO he could have chosen 7,8,10 or something but perhaps "nine" was the best word that would entrench perfectly into his rhyme structure.
So?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by yoji: 7:51am On Oct 21, 2011
on dat nine line controversy, here's my take: upon first listen, it hits u like pow! but upon scutiny, its almost like an own goal.
if any other rapper spat it then its ok or if he used any other number then its okay too. but he chose that pattern cos it's supposed to have a tripple impact startin from d preceeding verse. let me explain-
in the preceeding verse, which says d last something like d first time he killed a nigga with rhymes, he was about 9. here's d tripple impact 1- he startd taking out dudes wit rhymes @ age 9! on point! 2-since we know him as mode 9 aka 9 too, it means he has been taking out dudes ever since he stepped into d rap game. so it cannot b a coincidence he chose 9 cos any other number will not get this second impact which is all d more impressive when u link it to d first impact. once again solidly on point and kills it. 3-third impact is that it rhymes which makes d delivery ear catching making u feel it even if u were sleepy.
now applyin this tripple effect on d verse, the last time i was out rhymed, i was about 9. lets analyse it 1-firstly he has not been outrhymed since age 9! on point too. 2- secondly thats were d problem is. it suggests dat he has always been out rhymed cos like i said earlier, we know him as mode 9 aka 9. thats the major flaw with d line. 3-thirdly once again it fits into d rhyme pattern he was using as such giving it solid delivery.
the thing is he wanted this tripple effect but failed with one effect but idealy 2 over 3 is still pass but, its d significance of d flawd line that defeats d purpose. i can c wat he was tryin 2 do and if he had pulled off successive tripple effects, it wud 've been 5mic stuff. still u gotta hail his audacity to try. but still u cant go around dropping lines dat imply dat d got outrhymed as soon as u started rapping.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by yoji: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2011
as for iceprince, where is d dude dat caught my attention wit lines like:
read my lips and make a's in ur test;
ur really empty dats y they feeling u (filling u, )
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 8:56am On Oct 21, 2011
@yoji
You just said it all.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2011
yoji:

on dat nine line controversy, here's my take: upon first listen, it hits u like pow! but upon scutiny, its almost like an own goal.
if any other rapper spat it then its ok or if he used any other number then its okay too. but he chose that pattern cos it's supposed to have a tripple impact startin from d preceeding verse. let me explain-
in the preceeding verse, which says d last something like d first time he killed a nigga with rhymes, he was about 9. here's d tripple impact 1- he startd taking out dudes wit rhymes @ age 9! on point! 2-since we know him as mode 9 aka 9 too, it means he has been taking out dudes ever since he stepped into d rap game. so it cannot b a coincidence he chose 9 cos any other number will not get this second impact which is all d more impressive when u link it to d first impact. once again solidly on point and kills it. 3-third impact is that it rhymes which makes d delivery ear catching making u feel it even if u were sleepy.
now applyin this tripple effect on d verse, the last time i was out rhymed, i was about 9. lets analyse it 1-firstly he has not been outrhymed since age 9! on point too. 2- secondly thats were d problem is. it suggests dat he has always been out rhymed cos like i said earlier, we know him as mode 9 aka 9. thats the major flaw with d line. 3-thirdly once again it fits into d rhyme pattern he was using as such giving it solid delivery.
the thing is he wanted this tripple effect but failed with one effect but idealy 2 over 3 is still pass but, its d significance of d flawd line that defeats d purpose. i can c wat he was tryin 2 do and if he had pulled off successive tripple effects, it wud 've been 5mic stuff. still u gotta hail his audacity to try. but still u cant go around dropping lines dat imply dat d got outrhymed as soon as u started rapping.

what??

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Fred87(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2011
gud 2knw Modo is nt wack anymore,its naw a line from a cypher where sum enjoyed oblivion hmmm nice1,
Mayb d que? Should be, has he really been outrhymed?i.e if u tink so. . . .eeezz
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Fred87(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2011
if therez any tin am happy abt its d confirmatn of Mode9' legendary status amongst peers. . .yea i said it n if u tink odawise 'go seek admition 4 UBTH no tuition' eeezz[b][/b] wink wink
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by khanye(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
No. 1 Barca,Messi,Mode9 hater ------> coogar . . . I bow for u sha undecided
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Fred87(m): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2011
Lol, eeezz grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by dunkmachin: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2011
pause guys,  give it a better listen. Mode 9 said; "The Last Time I was Outrhymed was when I was about nine, no, five" cheesy Bet you never spotted that.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2011
dunkmachin:

pause guys,  give it a better listen. Mode 9 said; "The Last Time I was Outrhymed was when I was about nine, no, five" cheesy Bet you never spotted that.

shocked shocked Props
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2011
@dunk
wtf??
Phonies creepin and crawlin without spines/
Double jeopardy you get blinded and outshined/
I burn mics leave nothin buh charred outlines/
The last time I was outrhymed/ I was about nine/
No five/ plank a bee hive/
Better yet strap weights on deep sea dive/ - MODE NINE

That's the rhyme structure,hommie
I wonder how 'nine' and 'hive' rhyme
Modenine lyrics no be wizkid own so quit listening to raps that are over ya head!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2011
mikuz:

@dunk
wtf??
Phonies creepin and crawlin without spines/
Double jeopardy you get blinded and outshined/
I burn mics leave nothin buh charred outlines/
The last time I was outrhymed/ I was about nine/
No five/ plank a bee hive/
Better yet strap weights on deep sea dive/ - MODE NINE

That's the rhyme structure,hommie
I wonder how 'nine' and 'hive' rhyme
Modenine lyrics no be wizkid own so quit listening to raps that are over ya head!

Nah you're the one who should stop listening, bitchh-ass.

He said

The last time I was outrhymed/ I was about nine/ No five/

They were on one bar.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2011
^ so you sabi am pass the person wey get am?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by aieromon(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
All this analysis over m[b]ode[/b] ?
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
No! They're over Terry G!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives D'Banj At Lagos House, Ikeja / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.