Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. (34454 Views)

Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) / Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by seunny4lif(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
Justiceleague1:

What's the currency of the Republic of Ireland?
ROI is a an EU country and they use Euros while NI is part of UK and they have their own NI pounds which is different from England pounds.
While you can use English pounds anywhere, the opposite is that for Northern Ireland pounds.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by olisaEze(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maybe we need to do the same in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IjebuWarrior: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2023
Thanks for the info.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by jetguy(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
I come in peaceđŸ˜”
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by JooEeL(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
The term "Great Britain" is an oxymoron.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by JooEeL(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
gidgiddy:
This is how Nigeria should have been structured, seperate countries but contributing to a central government

Why must we be together in d first place?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by seunny4lif(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
victory36:
Fun fact: they all dislike each other
That’s not even a lie.
English people are very arrogant about what the English leaders have in the past.
Millions of Irish people were killed, enslaved and shipped to USA.
More than 45% of total population of Irish were killed by British troops.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by dinkyicon: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Akaegwu:
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UK, GREAT BRITAIN, BRITAIN, ENGLAND

A lot of people in Nigeria and indeed all over the world, including well travelled, elite class people often confuse England, United Kingdom, Britain and Great Britain. Well, here's the way to differentiate them:

*England* is a country just as Nigeria, and its capital is *London* just like Abuja is the capital of Nigeria.

*Great Britain* is a collection of 3 countries which came together as one country and has its capital as *London.* Those 3 countries are:

1. *England,*
2. *Scotland* and
3. *Wales.*

When you include *Northern Ireland* to these 3 countries, they become *United Kingdom* (union of four nations) Viz:
1. England,
2. Scotland,
3. Wales, and
4. Northern
Ireland.

That is why it is referred to as the *United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.*
Collectively, the four are taken as one country. And when this is the case, *London* is its capital.

Note however that these four individual nations all have their own respective capitals.

Accordingly, the capital of
Scotland is *Edinburgh*,
Wales is *Cardiff*;
Northern Ireland is *Belfast*;
England is *London*.

Ps: Northern Ireland is not to be mistaken for the *Republic of Ireland*. The latter is a separate country. Its capital is *Dublin*.

Credits: Nojeem Jimoh
so how come they have 3 diffrent status, country as 1 country as 3 country as 4 isn't that confusing
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by MT: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
gidgiddy:
This is how Nigeria should have been structured, seperate countries but contributing to a central government

That was how it was till Aguiyi Ironsi changed everything - Western Region, Northern Region, Eastern Region.

He promulgated infamous Decree No. 34 of 1966 - the unification decree.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by descarado: 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
Akaegwu:

A lot of people in Nigeria and indeed all over the world, including well travelled, elite class people often confuse England, United Kingdom, Britain and Great Britain. Well, here's the way to differentiate them:

*England* is a country just as Nigeria, and its capital is *London* just like Abuja is the capital of Nigeria.

*Great Britain* is a collection of 3 countries which came together as one country and has its capital as *London.* Those 3 countries are:

1. *England,*
2. *Scotland* and
3. *Wales.*

When you include *Northern Ireland* to these 3 countries, they become *United Kingdom* (union of four nations) Viz:
1. England,
2. Scotland,
3. Wales, and
4. Northern
Ireland.

That is why it is referred to as the *United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.*
Collectively, the four are taken as one country. And when this is the case, *London* is its capital.

Note however that these four individual nations all have their own respective capitals.

Scotland is *Edinburgh*,
Wales is *Cardiff*;
England is *London*.

Ps: Northern Ireland is not to be mistaken for the *Republic of Ireland*. The latter is a separate country. Its capital is *Dublin*.

Shame no dey catch una. See what an able bodied man created time to do.
No white care to know about the three major tribes in Nigeria. They don't care. They see you as parasite instead of the other way round.
Slave mentality no dey tire una?

Create topic about potus too.
Bunch if low self esteem niggas.

Even if you become a billionaire tomorrow,with this mentality, you will still worship a nobody as long as the person is white. Our esteemed politicians were once like you and they keep on using their heads.
Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Bovis(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
concreteaffairs:
And Nigeria will be doing as if they cannot allow every region stay on its own and contribute to Nigeria
Scotland, wales and Northern Ireland are not independent nations but they have some degree of autonomy through deregulation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ritchiee:
They did before Aguiyi Ironsi spoilt the arrangement and Gowon stamped it shocked
Why are you so filled with lies? Can you provide proof that Aguiyi Ironsi spoilt it? Don't quote any decree for us. Post it here so everyone can read it for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Bovis(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2023
gidgiddy:
Aguyi Ironsi in typical Igbo fashion introduced the unification decree due to his greed to have total control over other regions resources

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2023
MT:

That was how it was till Aguiyi Ironsi changed everything - Western Region, Northern Region, Eastern Region.
Provide proof to your claims. Don't cite any decree just post the content of the decree so we can read where and how he changed it. If you fail to do so, then you're a big liar and should never be granted audience.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by MT: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Yujin:

Provide proof to your claims. Don't cite any decree just post the content of the decree so we can read where and how he changed it. If you fail to do so, then you're a big liar and should never be granted audience.

Here you have it:

https://www.cfr.org/blog/nigerias-unitary-federalism

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Fearyourcreator: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ritchiee:
They did before Aguiyi Ironsi spoilt the arrangement and Gowon stamped it shocked
You dey mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Sweetvie: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
smiley
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2023
MT:

Here you have it:

https://www.cfr.org/blog/nigerias-unitary-federalism
I asked for the exact words contained in Aguiyi's Decree 34 but you're giving me commentary by another person who might have interpreted it wrongly.
I ask again, provide the exact decree Aguiyi Ironsi enacted and make sure you read it yourself so we can discuss it very well. I'm waiting for you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by MT: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
Yujin:

I asked for the exact words contained in Aguiyi's Decree 34 but you're giving me commentary by another person who might have interpreted it wrongly.
I ask again, provide the exact decree Aguiyi Ironsi enacted and make sure you read it yourself so we can discuss it very well. I'm waiting for you.

Here you have it again:

https://dawodu.com/decree34.htm

Stop being lazy if you want to embark on scholarly discourse.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
MT:

Here you have it again:

https://dawodu.com/decree34.htm

Stop being lazy if you want to embark on scholarly discourse.
Can you show me which section exactly abrogated the regionalism practiced at the time? Show exactly where he appropriated the resources of the regions and decided that he will be sharing allocations to whatever new things he created.
I'm waiting for you o.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by donmik: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Thanks greatly.
This is one good thing I have learnt on nairaland
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by MT: 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
Yujin:

Can you show me which section exactly abrogated the regionalism practiced at the time? Show exactly where he appropriated the resources of the regions and decided that he will be sharing allocations to whatever new things he created.
I'm waiting for you o.

I misjudged you to be reasonable.

Are you a baby? You want to be spoon fed? You asked for all the resources, I gave them to you. So I should be pointing you to exact place. I am struggling to believe you are mentally retarded or have comprehension problems.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Akaegwu(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
CaptainFM1:
Wahala be like bicycle! So when you add Nigeria to them, what do they become?
Oppressors Republic
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by 1x2x3: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
Stop posting rubbish.

American and English citizens don't give a fuvk about the difference between Africa and Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by 1x2x3: 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
Stop posting rubbish.

Americans and English citizens don't give a fuvk about the difference between Africa and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
MT:

I misjudged you to be reasonable.

Are you a baby? You want to be spoon fed? You asked for all the resources, I gave them to you. So I should be pointing you to exact place. I am struggling to believe you are mentally retarded or have comprehension problems.

I'll refrain from insulting you so you don't run away. I want us to have a discussion on the exact contents of that decree.
Did he abrogate the regions? NO
Did he appoint military officers to over see the provinces/regions? YES
Did he allow each province/region to keep their own constitution? YES
Why then are you people lying that he truncated the regional system?
He was a military man and wanted to stabilize the country the way he felt would be better by using the military until he hands over back to the civilian. Similar thing was happening in ghana at the time too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Dhury: 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Op: your full of teaching wisdom. if all our teaching faculty are like you, all students will have been professor's!! . Today again. i see the important of been a nairaland member.so educative not the usual tribal league a k a Hausa,igbo ,Yoruba or political war a k a APC ,pdp or Lp. Fellow country men and women no need to fight each other let keep educating our selves because the elites we fight each other for careless about us as they keep growing fat on our taxes and national cake's.salam.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Meanwhile, here's Gowon's decree 14 and 15.
He is the one who abolished the regional system, appropriated exclusive power to himself and created more states in the north thereby giving them more seats in the House of Assembly. Gowon is the culprit here.
Cc. MT

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by mycar: 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Akaegwu:

1. *England,*
2. *Scotland* and
3. *Wales.*

1. England,
2. Scotland,
3. Wales, and
4. Northern
Ireland.

Scotland is *Edinburgh*,
Wales is *Cardiff*;
England is *London*.

kudos
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Akaegwu(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sorry oooo. We are voting you in after Tinubu. Be ready to elevate us to your desired status.
descarado:

Shame no dey catch una. See what an able bodied man created time to do.
No white care to know about the three major tribes in Nigeria. They don't care. They see you as parasite instead of the other way round.
Slave mentality no dey tire una?

Create topic about potus too.
Bunch if low self esteem niggas.

Even if you become a billionaire tomorrow,with this mentality, you will still worship a nobody as long as the person is white. Our esteemed politicians were once like you and they keep on using their heads.
Mtcheeew
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Battlepanda4: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ritchiee:
They did what before?
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by georgeakins: 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
concreteaffairs:
And Nigeria will be doing as if they cannot allow every region stay on its own and contribute to Nigeria

It was like that until greedy Ibo messed it up in 1966.

Today, it is the same Ibos that are wailing online and offline about injustice that they created.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / EU May Impose Tough Visa Rules On Nigeria Over Illegal Migration / Ibom Air Acquire Fifth Airplane, 5 More Expected Before 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.