Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. (34456 Views)

Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) / Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Treasure17(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
Akaegwu:
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UK, GREAT BRITAIN, BRITAIN, ENGLAND

A lot of people in Nigeria and indeed all over the world, including well travelled, elite class people often confuse England, United Kingdom, Britain and Great Britain. Well, here's the way to differentiate them:

*England* is a country just as Nigeria, and its capital is *London* just like Abuja is the capital of Nigeria.

*Great Britain* is a collection of 3 countries which came together as one country and has its capital as *London.* Those 3 countries are:

1. *England,*
2. *Scotland* and
3. *Wales.*

When you include *Northern Ireland* to these 3 countries, they become *United Kingdom* (union of four nations) Viz:
1. England,
2. Scotland,
3. Wales, and
4. Northern
Ireland.

That is why it is referred to as the *United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.*
Collectively, the four are taken as one country. And when this is the case, *London* is its capital.

Note however that these four individual nations all have their own respective capitals.

Accordingly, the capital of
Scotland is *Edinburgh*,
Wales is *Cardiff*;
Northern Ireland is *Belfast*;
England is *London*.

Ps: Northern Ireland is not to be mistaken for the *Republic of Ireland*. The latter is a separate country. Its capital is *Dublin*.

Credits: Nojeem Jimoh
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Treasure17(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2023
Enlightened.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

How many times do I have to explain? It's right there in the comment you're replying to grin

Let me copy & paste EXACTLY what I wrote before. Easy to understand.

I already explained the general rules for the Lancaster Conferences ....note the plural, it wasn't just Nigeria, it was Malaysia, India, Rhodesia, Kenya etc. The rule was that all decisions had to be UNANIMOUS or they were not adopted.

You're not more Igbo than me. Our ancestral religion....Odinani....requires that we live and die for the TRUTH.

Thanks and Good Luck to you all.

You are clearly not well.
Answer the questions with exact replies and quit being evasive!

How exactly, in the name of Cain, did Azikiwe impose his stance on Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo?
Answer this question now!
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

You are clearly not well.
Answer the questions with exact replies and quit being evasive!

How exactly, in the name of Cain, did Azikiwe impose his stance on Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo?
Answer this question now!

The rule of the Lancaster Conferences was that no change could be made to the status quo without unanimous consent.

Put another way - at the Lancaster Conferences, every party to the negotiations had VETO POWER over any point of negotiation.

This means that when Zik objected to Awo's proposal for a Constitutional Secession Clause and rejected the Sarduana's move for Northern Independence, those measures could not go forward.

I hope that's enough of a direct clarification. I don't know what else to say, except maybe look up the meaning of the world "veto".

Thanks and Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

The rule of the Lancaster Conferences was that no change could be made to the status quo without unanimous consent.

Put another way - at the Lancaster Conferences, every party to the negotiations had VETO POWER over any point of negotiation.

This means that when Zik objected to Awo's proposal for a Constitutional Secession Clause and rejected the Sarduana's move for Northern Independence, those measures could not go forward.

I hope that's enough of a direct clarification. I don't know what else to say, except maybe look up the meaning of the world "veto".

Thanks and Good Luck to Nigerians.

Your response reeks of intellectual dishonesty of monstrous proportion!

So all the parties had a right to veto any proposal before it is solidified as a resolution, right?

And yet Azikiwe managed to impose his stance on Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo!

Don't you see how you discredit your own submission with that line of imagination?

Yes, it is imagination because what you have said cannot be validly pursued along the lines of critical examination!

If Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo each reserved the right of veto as much as Nnamdi Azikiwe at the Lancaster meetings, how then was it possible for one man to impose his stance on others who would have easily used their veto power to resist any form of bullying?

Who exactly in Hell stopped them from exercising their right of veto? Who? What? How? And when exactly were Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo restrained from insisting on vetoing the proposal to keep secession clause out of the emerging federal constitution of the Nigerian State?
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Akaegwu(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Read the post slowly to clear your doubts.
UMUAZEE:

Not totally correct..

Great Britain is a geographic term referring to the island also known simply as Britain. It's also a political term for the part of the United Kingdom made up of England, Scotland, and Wales (including the outlying islands that they administer, such as the Isle of Wight).
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

So all the parties had a right to veto any proposal before it is solidified as a resolution, right?

And yet Azikiwe managed to impose his stance on Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo!
Don't you see how you discredit your own submission with that line of imagination?

Sorry that was the rule, no vex abeg grin

Good Luck and have a good day.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by ProphetAmos: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Finally I see a post that clarifies this topic that has confused me for so long. Bless up OP
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Renwess: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Education is a continuous event. Imagine that I have spent 30 years plus on earth I didn't know this ...

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Michael213: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
That's true 👍
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Politics and Economics are siamese twins. I've been lucky to discuss this issue with people who know Nigeria from the start, like the Eze of Agbor Dr Edozien and a few others, but most especially some children of prominent Nigerians. I'm confident I understand the roots of the Nigeria Crisis and as our people say, I know where to start the exhumation because I know where and how the body was buried.

I stopped reading your comment when I got to this because it's the most common - AND STUPID - comeback that I get when I bring up the Lancaster Conference -

You wrote -

"Azikiwe couldn't have imposed his will on other members."

I already explained the general rules for the Lancaster Conferences ....note the plural, it wasn't just Nigeria, it was Malaysia, India, Zimbabwe, Kenya etc. The rule was that all decisions had to be UNANIMOUS or they were not adopted. So yes, Zik had the power to stop any attempt at secession at the Lancaster Conference and he did exactly that. I challenge you to go and READ the history so you can stop peddling lies, that is if you actually want the truth.

Go and debate people who are still at your level of understanding. I've done my best.

Good Luck to all you Nigerians, you deserve each other.

I'm beginning to doubt your claims of being Igbo because your thought process is really flawed.
You claimed to have discussed with the Eze of Agbor Dr. Edozien whereas no title like that ever existed. I wonder whatever fallacy you've been saying here.
I repeat, Nnamdi Azikiwe couldn't have imposed his argument for a united country on the others. His reasons were and can still be understood. Africans need to stick together so our voice can have more impact. If Nigeria had worked, he will be celebrated as a hero. It's unfortunate that it never worked as those who insist on ruling her are bereft of the ideas needed to make her work. The idea of a united Nigeria wasn't a bad one.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Sorry that was the rule, no vex abeg grin

Good Luck and have a good day.

You must be one mean and cold-hearted person.

You accuse the whole Igbo Nation of being responsible for the emergence of a Nigerian federation built on forced unity which was made possible by Azikiwe's insistence on keeping secession clause out of the emerging federal constitution of the Nigerian State during the Lancaster meetings, and yet you have failed to say in clear terms how Azikiwe managed to impose his stance on Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo.

How unconscionable can you be?

Do you think this corner of the cyberspace is a playground where you can splash about in the mud of unreality by peddling untruths and tissues of your own vain analysis just in a bid to sound woke so as to pass off as one fantastically objective Igbo man who sees history from a very special prism of objectivity!

Look, you must be very careful with the things you say. Don't you ever again accuse your own people falsely through a shallow presentation of historical narratives distorted out of tune and context by mischief makers and revisionists who are sworn opponents of truth and objectivity!

Objectivity is clearly far away from you.
That much is obvious from all you have written here.

You want to impress some entities, right? You want to gain the admiration and acclamation of those who bitterly range themselves and their positions against your own brothers just so as to market yourself as woke and upright?
Don't you see the oddity and hollowness concealed in the submission you have made here?

I am pushing back these words again to you. And don't you ever cut them by half again.

Look here again, and consider well:

Yes, it is imagination because what you have said cannot be validly pursued along the lines of critical examination!

If Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo each reserved the right of veto as much as Nnamdi Azikiwe at the Lancaster meetings, how then was it possible for one man to impose his stance on others who would have easily used their veto power to resist any form of bullying?

Who exactly in Hell stopped them from exercising their right of veto? Who? What? How? And when exactly were Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo restrained from insisting on vetoing the proposal to keep secession clause out of the emerging federal constitution of the Nigerian State?

Answer these questions now, and stop being recklessly bold with falsehoods!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Akaegwu(m): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
phemmyfour:
copy n paste....funny how you didn't see error in the part of the title "Britain vs Great Britain "
Mr original, continue.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Telsa(m): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Thanks for this explanation.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

Answer these questions now, and stop being recklessly bold with falsehoods!

grin shocked grin

Again, as I've stated before, the Lancaster House rules were that there could be no *change to the current state of things* without unanimous consent. I was gonna write "status quo" but I thought you were going to accuse me of obfuscation and diversion grin

By the way, when the Sarduana and the North REJECTED Nigerian independence prior to 1960, it must have been based on the same rule. Remember, Zik, Enahoro and probably Awolowo all wanted independence prior to 1960 and the North objected. Veto power at work.

So I'm sorry to be the bearer of the news, that was the rule. I completely understand your reaction because I almost went crazy when I learned the history. I developed a profound resentment against Nigeria as a whole because it wasn't just about the Igbo. Most of us have grown up being fed convenient LIES about Nigeria but the case of the Igbo is the most brazen and psychologically damaging.

And I'm not writing to please anyone. ALL Nigerians have EVOLVED into an evil, parasitic and wicked people, most especially Nigerian university graduates. The TRIBES of Nigeria were good people, but the Nigerian people are bad. There's a difference, most Nigerians are running away from their tribes in order to become Nigerian. They want to become Nigerians because of MONEY, that's the reason the vast majority of Nigerians have became Christians and Muslims, to fit into the cosmology of Nigerianity.

The Nigerian people are like a family where the children turn on the parents with extreme physical & psychological violence....because their parents are poorer than the parents of a neighboring family. They invite the richer neighbors to pillage their family home in return for getting a small share of the loot.

Here's a hint - do you know of ANY person who served in any State House of Assembly, State High Court or Federal Supreme Court, National Assembly or in any State or Federal Cabinet in Nigeria who is NOT Christian or Muslim? Do you know any such person who is a publicly declared adherent of a Native tribal religion such as Ifa or Odinani? I think it's strange. How about you?

Nigerians need to start thinking about what their country represents. The lack of introspection and unwillingness to face the truth it might reveal is why Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of the World.

Good Luck to all of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Uchedizzy(f): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
Great info
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

grin shocked grin

Again, as I've stated before, the Lancaster House rules were that there could be no *change to the current state of things* without unanimous consent. I was gonna write "status quo" but I thought you were going to accuse me of obfuscation and diversion grin

By the way, when the North REJECTED Nigerian independence prior to 1960, it must have been based on the same rule. Remember, Zik, Enahoro and probably Awolowo all wanted independence prior to 1960 and the North objected. Veto power at work.

So I'm sorry to be the bearer of the news, that was the rule. I completely understand your reaction because I almost went crazy when I learned the history. I developed a profound resentment against Nigeria as a whole because it wasn't just about the Igbo. Most of us have grown up being fed convenient LIES about Nigeria but the case of the Igbo is the most brazen and psychologically damaging.

And I'm not writing to please anyone. ALL Nigerians have EVOLVED into an evil, parasitic and wicked people, most especially Nigerian university graduates. The TRIBES of Nigeria were good people, but the Nigerian people are bad. There's a difference, most Nigerians are running away from their tribes in order to become Nigerian. They want to become Nigeria because of MONEY, that's the reason the vast majority of Nigerians have became Christians and Muslims, to fit into the cosmology of Nigerianity.

The Nigerian people are like a family where the children turn on the parents with extreme physical & psychological violence....because their parents are poorer than the parents of a neighboring family. They invite the neighbors to pillage their family home in return for getting a small share of the loot.

Here's a hint - do you know of ANY person who served in any State House of Assembly, State High Court or Federal Supreme Court, National Assembly or in any State or Federal Cabinet in Nigeria who is NOT Christian or Muslim? Do you know any such person who is a publicly declared adherent of a Native tribal religion such as Ifa or Odinani?

Nigerians need to start thinking about what their country represents. The lack of introspection and unwillingness to face the truth it might reveal is why Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of the World.

Good Luck to all of you.

Get out of here at once!
It is useless talking with a mugu like you.
See how you have been beating about the bush multiplying words for nothing.
Get out of here now!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
Uchedizzy:
Great info

You're welcome shocked

Ugwuoke347:

Get out of here at once!
It is useless talking with a mugu like you.
See how you have been beating about the bush multiplying words for nothing.
Get out of here now!

Typical Nigerian grin

Good Luck to you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by tommy589(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2023
Learning more about Nigeria and the many evils of the colonialist
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by phemmyfour: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
Akaegwu:
Mr original, continue.
You better learn before it's too late for you...what a lazy generation
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You're welcome shocked

Typical Biafran! grin

Good Luck to you all.

Yeah, that's right.
Typically Biafran!
That's what I am.
Thank you very much, Mr Okehie for waxing so pure in that recognition.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
tommy589:
Learning more about Nigeria and the many evils of the colonialist

Yes the British did a lot of evil to the Black African. However, the EVIDENCE is that the British people have repented their sins because they've realized the enormity of the wrongs they perpetrated. Today I'm a great admirer of the British people, particularly the English. England is the last major redoubt of pure freedom and democracy in the world today.

The real problem in Nigeria today is that the EDUCATED Nigerian wants to continue implementing the Colonial Framework so they can get some unearned money. Similar to the Christianity thing and homosexuality. The British who brought Christianity to Nigeria have allowed same sex marriage into their Churches but we second hand Black African Christians can't extend such tolerance. Not just that, the British outlawed slavery loooong ago but Black Africans are still selling themselves to Arabs in Libya and Mauritania today in 2023.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
Yujin:

I'm beginning to doubt your claims of being Igbo because your thought process is really flawed.
You claimed to have discussed with the Eze of Agbor Dr. Edozien whereas no title like that ever existed. I wonder whatever fallacy you've been saying here.
I repeat, Nnamdi Azikiwe couldn't have imposed his argument for a united country on the others. His reasons were and can still be understood. Africans need to stick together so our voice can have more impact. If Nigeria had worked, he will be celebrated as a hero. It's unfortunate that it never worked as those who insist on ruling her are bereft of the ideas needed to make her work. The idea of a united Nigeria wasn't a bad one.

Zik didn't impose anything on anyone, he just followed the rules of the Lancaster Conference. Sheesh, is this too hard to understand? You do know you can go find the history on the internet, right? As for his Pan Africanism, it was naive and it was actually NOT the reason the Igbo insisted on One Nigeria at that time.

Is Yujin or whatever an Igbo name? Is it that ALL Igbo people have the SAME thinking on everything? Black people are very toxic I swear. No civilized person should ascribe opinions to anyone on basis of any group identity. Especially when you can COMMUNICATE with them and find out their REASONING and logic. Forming opinions based on group identity is the most primitive from of thinking. You Nigerians had better get to civilization before you're completely left behind.

Ugwuoke347:

Yeah, that's right.
Typically Biafran!
That's what I am.
Thank you very much, Mr Okehie for waxing so pure in that recognition.

Talking of Biafra, I would advise you to take on a completely open mind and read the Ahiara Declaration again...that's if you've ever read it.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Talking of Biafra, I would advise you to take on a completely open mind and read the Ahiara Declaration again..

Good Luck to Biafrans!

Why, I have read the Ahiara Declaration repeatedly. I have it in both hard and soft copies. What point are you trying to push now? Do you want to commence another line of falsification of history?
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Yes the British did a lot of evil to the Black African. However, the EVIDENCE is that the British people have repented their sins because they've realized the enormity of the wrongs they perpetrated. Today I'm a great admirer of the British people, particularly the English. England is the last major redoubt of pure freedom and democracy in the world today.

The real problem in Nigeria today is that the EDUCATED Nigerian wants to continue implementing the Colonial Framework so they can get some unearned money. Similar to the Christianity thing and homosexuality. The British who brought Christianity to Nigeria have allowed same sex marriage into their Churches but we second hand Black African Christians can't extend such tolerance. Not just that, the British outlawed slavery loooong ago but Black Africans are still selling themselves to Arabs in Libya and Mauritania today in 2023.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

So to you, the British Imperialists have repented from the manifold atrocities they perpetrated against African nations? How naive can you be?
You clearly have no idea of the role the British government plays today in deciding the policy directions of successive Nigerian governments including the one currently in place.
You think your Nigeria is totally free? How unmindful can you be?
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

So to you, the British Imperialists have repented from the manifold atrocities they perpetrated against African nations? How naive can you be?
You clearly have no idea of the role the British government plays today in deciding the policy directions of successive Nigerian governments including the one currently in place.
You think your Nigeria is totally free? How unmindful can you be?

In the very comment you're replying to, I wrote:

The real problem in Nigeria today is that the EDUCATED Nigerian wants to continue implementing the Colonial Framework so they can get some unearned money.

I think that covers your concern. Try and read carefully so you can comprehend. I can see now why you've missed the message in the Ahiara Declaration despite repeated reading. Nigerian education does leave a lot undone.

Good Luck with all that.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

In the very comment you're replying to, I wrote:

The real problem in Nigeria today is that the EDUCATED Nigerian wants to continue implementing the Colonial Framework so they can get some unearned money.

I think that covers your concern. Try and read carefully so you can comprehend. I can see now why you've missed the message in the Ahiara Declaration despite repeated reading. Nigerian education does leave a lot undone.

Good Luck with all that.

You are a big loser for whatever kind of education you managed to get from wherever. The poverty of that education is being seen in your comments. You are very unaware of the fact that as a matter of political doctrine of the Nigerian State, Britain is a key player and a directly interested party in Nigeria's political administration. If you do not know that the British government has high stakes in Nigeria's economy through the oil companies where it controls the major shares, and through which it influences Nigeria's presidency in making economic decisions; if you do not know that there is a system of British economic imperialism in place today in Nigeria, If you have never known this with all your made-in-China education, then you need to return to the classroom at once and repeat all your lessons! You speak of educated Nigerians refusing to put an end to what has come to be the status quo? As "educated" as you are what has stopped you from taking the lead and deciding to be that saviour to do the very needful in service to your nation?
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
gidgiddy:

Ironsi was un power for 6 months, some 55 years ago and even back then, we had 4 Regions that had resource control

Today we have 36 states, all without resource control

This means that all those who came after Ironsi 55 years ago only ended up doing far far worse than he ever did

Very, very true. The bolded is where the Igbo like to start their history of Nigeria grin

The Fulani-Yoruba Alliance essentially figured out what the Igbo had tried to do and decided to do it for themselves! That's the reason the Yoruba in particular don't like to challenge the Igbo on the Igbo role in starting Nigeria down the path to Unitary Government!!!

Or maybe Nigerians are just stupid people with short term memory problems? This may not be directly related, but check this out....do people still remember that Muhammadu Buhari incited his supporters to violence after he lost the 2011 elections? The most prominent victims of that violence were a group of 25 or so NYSC poll workers. The majority of the victims were Yoruba graduates. I remember counting and I think it was 75% of them that were Yoruba. Yet 4 years later the Yoruba people were the vanguard of support for Buhari's Presidential campaign.

I was awe struck. All Nigerians care about is money. Kill their mother and give them money, you're forgiven. Poverty na bad thing!

Read and laugh.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/31/nigeria-elections-president-muhammadu-buhari-lola-shoneyin

There was even one Yoruba guy that Buhari KILLED his father ILLEGALLY, if you remember the Bar Beach drug executions? The son of the victim came out and campaigned for Buhari in 2015. You have to ask what is wrong with them. And how they feel now shocked

Good Luck to Nigerians...you people have a problem for sure!
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by tommy589(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Good Luck to Nigerians.

You take me back to my primary school history class with this word outlawed. Going back in time also occurs when I hear ethnic cleansing,civil war, marginalisation etc. Whatever their unrequested mission here or intervention in nation building is,it is now zero

But it gladdens my heart knowing their countries demography would soon massively change with blacks, Arabs and Asian citizenshipgrin
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2023
tommy589:

You take me back to my primary school history class with this word outlawed. Going back in time also occurs when I hear ethnic cleansing,civil war, marginalisation etc. Whatever their unrequested mission here or intervention in nation building is,it is now zero

But it gladdens my heart knowing their countries demography would soon massively change with blacks, Arabs and Asian citizenshipgrin

First of all, what has ANY Black African resident in Africa ever invented? Just name ONE single important thing we have GIVEN to this world. Ordinary WHEEL, we didn't have it till Oyibo brought it to us.

Don't worry, they're already thinking ahead of you. That's why they refused to join the Euro currency waaay back in the 1990's and saved their economy and now they've done Brexit to curtail immigration that the EU was trying to force on them. Right now, today, over 85% of the UK population is White and I think over 80% is English tribe.

The English have vast experience dealing with all kinds of nations, races and tribes.

Also I'm curious as to why people discount the Anglo-Western nations of USA, NZ, Australia and South Africa and Canada when discussing the UK, I think that's actually where the English tribe has diversified and built safeguards or alternative scenarios. Very soon they'll be building colonies in space and Black Africans will be begging for visa to Mars.

You can't beat the English. I'm confident they've seen it all and they KNOW about your kind of attitude. None of us alive today will live to see the day England will be poor or under the control of uncivilized people. Just as no one ever lost money betting against Nigeria, you will always win betting with the Anglos. Las las, they have nukes and you have not, ask Sultan Attahiru grin

,Anyhow at most 130 years for everyone and it's good bye to the world and its problems. Good Luck to everyone sha.
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by IbeOkehie: 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
Renwess:
Education is a continuous event. Imagine that I have spent 30 years plus on earth I didn't know this ...

You're welcome!!! grin

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Re: Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. by Yujin(m): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Zik didn't impose anything on anyone, he just followed the rules of the Lancaster Conference. Sheesh, is this too hard to understand? You do know you can go find the history on the internet, right? As for his Pan Africanism, it was naive and it was actually NOT the reason the Igbo insisted on One Nigeria at that time.

Is Yujin or whatever an Igbo name? Is it that ALL Igbo people have the SAME thinking on everything? Black people are very toxic I swear. No civilized person should ascribe opinions to anyone on basis of any group identity. Especially when you can COMMUNICATE with them and find out their REASONING and logic. Forming opinions based on group identity is the most primitive from of thinking. You Nigerians had better get to civilization before you're completely left behind.

Talking of Biafra, I would advise you to take on a completely open mind and read the Ahiara Declaration again...that's if you've ever read it.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Since he followed the rules of the conference, then why blame him? You think you're smart but unfortunately, I spotted holes in your claims and I deciphered you aren't who you claim you were hence I alluded to your thought process being 'unIgbo'. Of course, everyone from an ethnic group can't reason exactly alike but the stream of thought will still bear markers that share some resemblance especially when you grew up in the midst of your people. You failed the test just like your so called discussion with the Eze of Agbor, Dr. Edozien.
You claimed it wasn't Pan-Africanism that was behind Zik's quest for a united Nigeria. I now ask you to state what you thought was his reason or like Igbo haters will always do; what was the reason behind all Igbos wanting a united Nigeria at the time other ethnic groups didn't key into it?
Finally, my choice of a moniker i immaterial to our discussion so look for something tangible and use as a come back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / EU May Impose Tough Visa Rules On Nigeria Over Illegal Migration / Ibom Air Acquire Fifth Airplane, 5 More Expected Before 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.